HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

another lost season

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2004, 06:54 PM
tony

vCash: 500
another lost season

but to be honest i'm sad to see it end. i'll keep watchin' but the playoffs just aren't the same when your team isn't invloved. i don't post here often but i readsdrop every day and i just wanted to say thanks to all the posters here for making an otherwise lost season bearable! misery truly loves company! here's to a successful draft!

Old
04-03-2004, 07:14 PM
Ranger Blue
Awaiting Moderation

Well I for one am depressed. Yeah, I knew today was the final game for the Rangers and yes I'm going to watch the playoffs but I will really miss watching the Rangers. Good or bad they are in my blood and hockey just isn't as fun without them.

Old
04-03-2004, 07:16 PM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
The most sickening feeling of all is, now that we are finally in the re-build mode that we have been asking for, we could potentially been out of the playoffs for 10 years, assuming they rebuild in 3 years, all the while Sather still has a job, and Dolan continues to blow smoke up our ass...

Old
04-03-2004, 07:39 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan
The most sickening feeling of all is, now that we are finally in the re-build mode that we have been asking for, we could potentially been out of the playoffs for 10 years
I can live with that if the team that walks out is another Ottawa or Atlanta. My real concern has nothing to do with playoff hockey but if Sather will continue what he began.

Old
04-03-2004, 08:10 PM
NYR2

To be honest, as always I'm sad because I just love this team so much, but on the other hand I'm happy I don't have to deal with this crap anymore. I'm tired of them always finding a way to screw something up, and today was a perfect example.

This is the first time I'm happy the regular season is over and it sucks cause who knows how long it's going to be before we see the Rangers play again? But now I get to enjoy my second favorite team, the Senators. And of course, Leetchie!

Old
04-03-2004, 08:59 PM
in the hall

at least this time we come out with something positive

rebuilding

to a smaller degree, tjutin, balej, murray, pock and a plethora of added quality prospects and picks, as well as improved status of our original guys like dawes, jonason and roche

Old
04-03-2004, 09:07 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Renney was interviewed by Sam...

and he sounded downright giddy over the state of players that are now coming into the organization. He raved about Dawes, Kozak, Kondratiev and Prucha, and said he could go on for minutes talking about how good he feels about the quality of young players that are being brought into the organization. He said he'd be honred if Sather asked him to coach. However, he felt there are many quality candidates to bring in. Dellapina was interviewed beteween periods and said, if Renney was allowed to pick his own coaches and given the hammer to hold players accountable, then he wouldn't be a bad choice for head coach. He wasn't sure if Renney was Cup material. But he could see him as a Roger Neilson, build-the-foundation, type of coach.

Old
04-04-2004, 01:14 PM
Park #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
and he sounded downright giddy over the state of players that are now coming into the organization. He raved about Dawes, Kozak, Kondratiev and Prucha, and said he could go on for minutes talking about how good he feels about the quality of young players that are being brought into the organization. He said he'd be honred if Sather asked him to coach. However, he felt there are many quality candidates to bring in. Dellapina was interviewed beteween periods and said, if Renney was allowed to pick his own coaches and given the hammer to hold players accountable, then he wouldn't be a bad choice for head coach. He wasn't sure if Renney was Cup material. But he could see him as a Roger Neilson, build-the-foundation, type of coach.
I love that.... Dellapina says "he wasn't sure if Renney was cup material, but could see him as a Roger Neilson build the foundation type coach."

I wonder if Little John thought Bob Hartley was "Cup Material...." or if any other coach who hadn't won before was. It's really too bad that NY has such poor hockey writers.

Old
04-04-2004, 01:51 PM
Tommy Udo

Does anyone trust Sather to pick a coach who has autonomy?

Old
04-04-2004, 04:27 PM
LiquidClown

Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony
i'll keep watchin' but the playoffs just aren't the same when your team isn't invloved.

Sure it's the same thing, the same thing as the last 6 playoff years.

Old
04-04-2004, 05:10 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Imo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Park #2
I love that.... Dellapina says "he wasn't sure if Renney was cup material, but could see him as a Roger Neilson build the foundation type coach."

I wonder if Little John thought Bob Hartley was "Cup Material...." or if any other coach who hadn't won before was. It's really too bad that NY has such poor hockey writers.
Dellapina has been ticked off that he doesn't have the access to Sather that he did to Smith. He's had a negative slant against Sather from early on. (Not that SuperGenius didn't give the writers many reason to write negatively towards him.) The biggest farce was Dellapina not having a clue about most of these prospects. Maybe it is the obsessive nature of the ranger fans who populate these boards, but we got as much info from fellow posters who actually have seen some of these players, along with the help of a few insiders like yourself and EDGE, so at least we could make some informed judgement. Meanwhile, the local hockey scribes just give face value info.

Old
04-04-2004, 06:54 PM
Park #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
Dellapina has been ticked off that he doesn't have the access to Sather that he did to Smith. He's had a negative slant against Sather from early on. (Not that SuperGenius didn't give the writers many reason to write negatively towards him.) The biggest farce was Dellapina not having a clue about most of these prospects. Maybe it is the obsessive nature of the ranger fans who populate these boards, but we got as much info from fellow posters who actually have seen some of these players, along with the help of a few insiders like yourself and EDGE, so at least we could make some informed judgement. Meanwhile, the local hockey scribes just give face value info.
Was Dellapina writing for the Daily News while Smith was GM? Or was he with the Bergen Record?

Old
04-04-2004, 06:59 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Actually...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Park #2
Was Dellapina writing for the Daily News while Smith was GM? Or was he with the Bergen Record?
I think up until 1995, he was the Devils' beat writer for the Daily News. He moved over to the Rangers after the Cup year, when Frank Brown became the general hockey writer from the News. Jeez, from Frank Brown to Sherry Ross...what a drop in quality and talent.

Old
04-04-2004, 07:09 PM
Park #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
I think up until 1995, he was the Devils' beat writer for the Daily News. He moved over to the Rangers after the Cup year, when Frank Brown became the general hockey writer from the News. Jeez, from Frank Brown to Sherry Ross...what a drop in quality and talent.
My memory is foggy - I seem to remember him with the Bergen Record at one point... Perhaps I'm wrong. I wasn't living in the NYC area from 96-00, so I never read the Daily News.

Old
04-05-2004, 03:53 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
Yeah I miss Brown. He was an exceptional writer.

Old
04-05-2004, 04:40 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
It all comes down to the drawstrings

Pre-drawstrings, a pretty consistent playoff team, a Cup, a conference final.

Post drawstrings, bubkus.

04-05-2004, 05:13 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

this wasn't a lost season. this was a found season. this team is going to be exciting to watch next season.

Old
04-05-2004, 05:35 PM
LondonFan

He could "go on for minutes..."? I could go on for minutes talking about ANYTHING, minutes doesn't say much.

Closed Thread