HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fantasy League set-ups (for the 3 commissioners)

Old
09-16-2009, 09:49 AM
RDriesenUD

vCash: 500
Fantasy League set-ups (for the 3 commissioners)

Here is how I would like it.

4 C
8 W
6 D
2 G

I understand not many like that much.

I am willing to compromise down too....

4 C
6 W
4 D
2 G

What do you think?

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 09:54 AM
Casework

I like the second set up, but 4 centers puts a lot of focus on that position. With 14-16 teams, that might be difficult to handle.

What about...

3 C
6 W
4 D
1 Util
2 G

Casework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 10:41 AM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casework View Post
I like the second set up, but 4 centers puts a lot of focus on that position. With 14-16 teams, that might be difficult to handle.

What about...

3 C
6 W
4 D
1 Util
2 G
I have done the first set up for any league I have ever run. It has never been a problem. Also, 1 thing I feel strongly about is 4 centers. Just too many good centers to have 3 in a 14 team league. IMO.

Last edited by RDriesenUD: 09-16-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old
09-16-2009, 02:43 PM
Macster

The season before last we had a large roster with 4 C, 8 Wingers and 6 D and it was crap. There was nothing available after the draft and some guys were dressing enforcers because there were simply no free agents out there.

League 1 will be going with 2C, 4W, and 4 D.

Maybe add a third centre?

Macster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 03:06 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macster View Post
The season before last we had a large roster with 4 C, 8 Wingers and 6 D and it was crap. There was nothing available after the draft and some guys were dressing enforcers because there were simply no free agents out there.

League 1 will be going with 2C, 4W, and 4 D.

Maybe add a third centre?
You barely have anyone on the team. Can we just do whatever set up we want? It isn't like one league effects the other. We don't carry players from one year to the next. Like I said, I have done every league that way, and I have never had teams have to have enforcers on there team.

I don't want to be a jerk, but if the leagues are 2C, 4W, 4D, I probably don't want to be in it.

Take 2 centers for instance. In a 14 team league that is 28 centers. That means every team COULD have a first line center at both center spots. That would take no skill to differentiate(sp) yourself from the other teams in the league.

Last edited by RDriesenUD: 09-16-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old
09-16-2009, 03:29 PM
Macster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
You barely have anyone on the team. Can we just do whatever set up we want? It isn't like one league effects the other. We don't carry players from one year to the next. Like I said, I have done every league that way, and I have never had teams have to have enforcers on there team.

I don't want to be a jerk, but if the leagues are 2C, 4W, 4D, I probably don't want to be in it.

Take 2 centers for instance. In a 14 team league that is 28 centers. That means every team COULD have a first line center at both center spots. That would take no skill to differentiate(sp) yourself from the other teams in the league.
Do what you want then! Make sure you get a majority vote from those in your league on how they want to do it. Use PMs or the prospect thread.

Old
09-16-2009, 04:07 PM
BlueJacketBacker

The roster set up of last years Prospect was the following:
3C
6W
4D
2G

plus 5 bench players of any position that could be plugged in throughout the week.
Also you had 2 IR spots that were available if needed.

For me this set up works. The roster numbers of 3+6+4+2+5=20 players per team. Your starting line up basically consists of 3 lines and 2 defensive pairings per day. Bench players allow you to insert different fantasy players daily to match the actual players NHL schedule and maximize our potential for points.

The bench players, to me, are key. You want to corner the market on goaltenders, you can. Think you can do best for your team by having enough centers to have as many games/scoring chances, go for it. Same with forwards. Each manager has a different style and strategy that they think is best, the bench lets you work it like you want to.

While I agree that each league is independant of the other, the plan is to have the ability to have move up to the next level, or face relegation to a lower division, therefore I feel we should have the same set up across the board.

BlueJacketBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 04:14 PM
BlueJacketBacker

Here is a copy/paste of last year for the Prospect. I have left out the league # and password so as not to confuse anyone.

Custom League URL: http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.co..._cbj_prospects
Draft Type: Live Draft
Draft Time: Mon Sep 22 10:00pm EDT
Max Teams: 14
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: March 5, 2009
Waiver Time: 2 days
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: League Votes
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum
Min Games Played: 3
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Divisions: No
Playoff Seeding Options: Division winners awarded top playoff seeds

Roster Positions: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR

Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Game-Winning Goals (GWG), Shots on Goal (SOG), Faceoffs Won (FW)

Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

Old
09-16-2009, 04:39 PM
BlueJacketBacker

Different topic concerning the three? leagues.

I have opened up the league on Yahoo and have teams started signing up. Currently only 4 registered and 2 more committed to play. Other Grinder alumni are either promoted, relegated, not interested this year, or just gone.
I don't think that RD has offically moved forward with the Prospect set up yet, but has 12? teams committed.

Since these were set up to be linked leagues based on performance, I think now is the time we should offer the Grinder as an option for those who were in the Prospects last year and want to play again. I don't want to look like I am trying to "steal" players from the Prospects, but the Grinder needs more teams. If not this strategy, maybe I should just post the info in our thread and open it up to anyone. Thoughts?

Looking at league size as the 6+12=18 and we split the teams interested. Even numbers whatever the split. Maybe put a different post up, letting others know about the open spots.

The hour is getting late, we need to do something.

Old
09-16-2009, 06:15 PM
Macster

I have added a poll to the Premier League thread. We'll get at least a majority so we can lock it in. We have 14 registered now and I haven't heard from the other two, so I am locking it in at 14. Fourteen is a much more manageable number anyway.

I agree on the grinder league BJB. I think you should fill it up with folks from the prospect league last year in order of finish. As for the prospect league, we put as many as we can in it.

Cool with you Driesen?

Old
09-16-2009, 08:48 PM
BlueJacketBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macster View Post
I have added a poll to the Premier League thread. We'll get at least a majority so we can lock it in. We have 14 registered now and I haven't heard from the other two, so I am locking it in at 14. Fourteen is a much more manageable number anyway.

I agree on the grinder league BJB. I think you should fill it up with folks from the prospect league last year in order of finish. As for the prospect league, we put as many as we can in it.

Cool with you Driesen?
Once I hear from Driesen, I am ready to share sign up info with others. There are 2 teams from last year that I can't seem to tie to a particular poster. In 3rd place was a team called Lake Erie Lakeeries, and Blades of Steel. I am thinking maybe Timeless Winter or AlienLanes82 were these teams, but not sure which is which, or even if that is correct.

The call up order would be: (Lake Erie Lakeeries), WapaJacketsFan, Capn Cornelius, Scrogs63, Molgilny89, Melington, (Blades of Steel), XJarod.

Not saying all of these are interested, or getting called up. Just the order of who would get dibs to move to Grinder. I eliminated those that I know are not interested.