HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

Maine question.

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2004, 02:55 PM
beerpaul*

vCash: 500
Maine question.

What's up with Josh Soares? Last year he played for Hamilton in Tier 2 Junior, in Ontario, and led the league in points(about 130 points). His team-mate their was Jon Jankus, who tallied about 60 or 70 points. Jankus plays every game and plays on the PP., getting points on a regular basis. Soares is rarely in the line-up and has 3 points on the season at Maine. What's the story here?

Old
04-05-2004, 03:16 PM
johnny cool

Send a message via AIM to johnny cool
soares is a punk, jankus is talented.

Old
04-05-2004, 06:16 PM
Hockeypuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerpaul
What's up with Josh Soares? Last year he played for Hamilton in Tier 2 Junior, in Ontario, and led the league in points(about 130 points). His team-mate their was Jon Jankus, who tallied about 60 or 70 points. Jankus plays every game and plays on the PP., getting points on a regular basis. Soares is rarely in the line-up and has 3 points on the season at Maine. What's the story here?
Soares was in and out of the lineup earlier in the year on the 4th line, but he really doesn't have the wheels. At the D1 level he doesn't bring much of anything to the table offensively although he's fairly physical he's at the bottom of the depth chart for forwards. Jankus has been getting better and better as the season goes along. He's fast and throws the body around on every shift. His line with Hamilton and Penner has been Maine's best line in the post season.

Old
04-07-2004, 03:48 PM
beerpaul*

Soares was leading the country(Canada) in scoring mid-way through the year. He won the league scoring title and was awarded league MVP. Jankus played on this same team, and was definately in Soares' shadow. I know he not the fastest skater, but he has excellant hands, and is a great scorer and playmaker. He must be in the coach's doghouse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypuck
Soares was in and out of the lineup earlier in the year on the 4th line, but he really doesn't have the wheels. At the D1 level he doesn't bring much of anything to the table offensively although he's fairly physical he's at the bottom of the depth chart for forwards. Jankus has been getting better and better as the season goes along. He's fast and throws the body around on every shift. His line with Hamilton and Penner has been Maine's best line in the post season.

Old
04-07-2004, 08:42 PM
Hockeypuck

Quote:
Soares was leading the country(Canada) in scoring mid-way through the year. He won the league scoring title and was awarded league MVP. Jankus played on this same team, and was definately in Soares' shadow. I know he not the fastest skater, but he has excellant hands, and is a great scorer and playmaker. He must be in the coach's doghouse.
I don't think he's in the doghouse the only player on Maine that seems to be in the doghouse is Aquino.
I can tell you for certain that Jankus is a much better D1 player than Soares. Soares hasn't played bad he's just not one of the top 12 forwards on the team.

Old
04-08-2004, 04:08 PM
beerpaul*

I know Soares is a better player than Jankus, but I also know Jankus is a much faster skater than Josh. Division 1 obviously has a premium on speed. If Soares can work on his speed and work ethic, he'll be one of the best players on the team.

Old
04-09-2004, 11:27 PM
Hockeypuck

Quote:
I know Soares is a better player than Jankus, but I also know Jankus is a much faster skater than Josh. Division 1 obviously has a premium on speed. If Soares can work on his speed and work ethic, he'll be one of the best players on the team.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this. I see all the Maine games and i'll take Jankus any day of the week over Soares.

Old
11-30-2004, 01:58 PM
beerpaul*

What do you think now. Next year Soares will be leading the team in points. Josh just needed to work on his skating. He has great hands and offensive instincts. Now that he's getting a chance to play, he will respond.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypuck
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this. I see all the Maine games and i'll take Jankus any day of the week over Soares.

Closed Thread