MOC not biting the Canadian media

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2004, 02:33 PM
ranold26
Get off my rink!

vCash: 500
MOC not biting the Canadian media

Checkout TSN.ca.... I love this secret/speculation stuff! Habs fans think they have it in the bag. I bet Joe will be fine and Habs nation's worst nightmare starts Wednesday night when Joe is in the lineup!

Old
04-05-2004, 02:44 PM
BruinsGirl

I am really surprised with Montreal media...

It would be in their best interests to keep Habs as underdogs but from what I read they made Habs look like HEAVY FAVOURITES! Huge mistake IMHO.

Look at all Habs fans post also. They are basically not giving us any chance!

We will beat you because we won 22 out of 29..because we've beaten you in 2002 and so on.

I hope B's player are taking notice.

(Although that's can mean another thing...Media is trying to instill confedence into Habs and their fans)

Old
04-05-2004, 02:44 PM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26
Checkout TSN.ca.... I love this secret/speculation stuff! Habs fans think they have it in the bag. I bet Joe will be fine and Habs nation's worst nightmare starts Wednesday night when Joe is in the lineup!
I really wish you to win cause you will be so pissed-off to lose AN OTHER TIME against SMURFS!
:lol :lol :lol

Old
04-05-2004, 02:46 PM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka
I really wish you to win cause you will be so pissed-off to lose AN OTHER TIME against SMURFS!
:lol

See... another example.

Old
04-05-2004, 02:49 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
I am really surprised with Montreal media...

It would be in their best interests to keep Habs as underdogs but from what I read they made Habs look like HEAVY FAVOURITES! Huge mistake IMHO.

Look at all Habs fans post also. They are basically not giving us any chance!

We will beat you because we won 22 out of 29..because we've beaten you in 2002 and so on.

I hope B's player are taking notice.

(Although that's can mean another thing...Media is trying to instill confedence into Habs and their fans)
You're right Bruinsgirl! How often do we hear that 22 out of 29 statement? like it has something to do with us beating them this year? But what they aren't saying is that they beat us only once in the past 15 years or so... We won 4 of the last 5 meetings i think. That won't mean crap come wednesday. But we'll win anyway!

Next victims: The Habs!

Old
04-05-2004, 02:53 PM
ranold26
Get off my rink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka

Pissed-off???? lol Apparently we are the underdogs according to RDS, La Presse etc.... be prepared to watch your fear become your misery!

BTW tell Monsieur Begin to keep his head up, his comment in La Presse goes duly noted about Joe!

Old
04-05-2004, 02:54 PM
nikrag03*

Send a message via MSN to nikrag03*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26
Yes tsn.ca has always been pro-habs..? what exactly did they say? i didn't find anything

Old
04-05-2004, 02:59 PM
Donnie Marcotte Fan

[QUOTE=Kafka]I really wish you to win cause you will be so pissed-off to lose AN OTHER TIME against SMURFS!
:lol :lol :lol

Personally I think any Scab fan should be ashamed that you didn't win every Cup from the folding of the Montreal Maroons until the draft of Guy Lafluer. You had an enormus advantage over every team in the NHL with the right of first refusal. The amazing thing is that anyone managed to beat them. The Bruins had the right of first refusal for players in Saint John County New brunswick, and I'd fall off my chair if anyone reading this knows the only player if produced for the Bruins. Montreal had the entire province of Quebec. Had Toronto had the Province of Ontario you'd likely never have won anything. Hell giving the scabs the right of first refusal to players in NDG alone would have given them a pretty leg up the other 6 teams.

Old
04-05-2004, 03:05 PM
habfan4

Quote:
....Look at all Habs fans post also. They are basically not giving us any chance!....

I think you might be guilty of selective sampling if you've convinced yourself that "all Habs fans" are "basically not giving us (the Bruins) any chance!". This Boston team is one of the strongest I've seen in a very long time (IMO since the late 80's - early 90's).

As for the media, perhaps they're simply trying to sell papers.

Old
04-05-2004, 03:08 PM
wensink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Marcotte Fan
...The Bruins had the right of first refusal for players in Saint John County New brunswick, and I'd fall off my chair if anyone reading this knows the only player if produced for the Bruins.

Would that be Andrew McKim?

Last edited by wensink: 04-05-2004 at 03:12 PM. Reason: cleaned up the quote
Old
04-05-2004, 03:17 PM
BruinsGirl

Every minute something new....

Check this thread:

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=68133

Looks like not us but Habs will try to start physical war. I thought it won't be a slugfest...But if they want to...

Last edited by BruinsGirl: 04-05-2004 at 03:21 PM.
Old
04-05-2004, 03:21 PM
wensink

Quote:
Every minute something new....

Check this thread:

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=68133

Looks like not us but Habs will try to start physical war. I though it won't be a slugfest...But if they want to...
"Don't worry about Thornton, I will take care of him "?? Sounds like another Brad May, doesn't he? Then again, maybe he meant that he'll be Joe's valet and carry his jock strap?

Old
04-05-2004, 03:26 PM
OldTimeHockey

My two cents. It will be a very good series. One minute I'm leaning to the habs side, but that may be because i know so many bruin fans.

Then I think about Thornton, Murray, and company and I realize that this Bruin team is a force.

Old
04-05-2004, 03:32 PM
chicpea*

Why is it that none of you Bruins' fans who are so confident have joined the avatar bet?

Old
04-05-2004, 03:36 PM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
Why is it that none of you Bruins' fans who are so confident have joined the avatar bet?
Because we don't want to be overconfident... Nothing wrong with that. We weren't overconfident all season long and B's gave us alot of fun! Why start now.

If Montreal's media/fans want to rave how they'll beat us..well..it's their business.

Old
04-05-2004, 04:19 PM
Donnie Marcotte Fan

[QUOTE=wensink]Would that be Andrew McKim?

Hi Wensink,
No this player pre-dates Andrew McKim by quite a bit. Territorial picks gave the scabs dibs on any player from Quebec until after the Amateur Draft got under full swing. The last season they didn't get a pick, for no other reason than a player was from Quebec was 1969.

While Andrew is from Saint John, not many players are. If you know the size of New Brunswick in general, and Saint John County in particular, you can see how unfair the system was and why Montreal had such an advantage. Originally put in to help them oput because they sucked, it is largely responsible for *The Flying Frenchmen* teams of the 40's, 50's, and 60's. Red Wings, as an example, had right of refusal on guys from my area, York County NB.

I'll give you some hints to the player in question. He wasn't born in NB, but he was claimed by the Bruins when he worked in Saint John. He was a Mountie at the time, and he came to the NHL because at the time there was a rule in the Mounties that said you had to single, and he wanted to get married. The Bruins traded him to the Rangers, where he played 1 game with his brother Bill. He was dealt back to the Bruins along the first ever Finish player to suit up for the Bruins. He passed away a few years ago, but he was best known in hockey circles as the radio voice of the St. Louis Blues.

Old
04-05-2004, 04:20 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by wensink
"Don't worry about Thornton, I will take care of him "?? Sounds like another Brad May, doesn't he? Then again, maybe he meant that he'll be Joe's valet and carry his jock strap?

Enjoy the first 5 seconds...

Btw Thorton hit Begin from the back last time he'vw met and acted like areal sissy who don't like to get pushed ... one clean hit or a small cheapshots and Thorton will be off his game like always . Rolston commets are way more disgraceful .

Old
04-05-2004, 04:34 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej

Btw Thorton hit Begin from the back last time he'vw met and acted like areal sissy who don't like to get pushed ... one clean hit or a small cheapshots and Thorton will be off his game like always . Rolston commets are way more disgraceful .
Acted like a real sissy? He drilled the player with a CLEAN hit that officials blew. As a matter of fact, any time a Bruin seems to throw a hit it's a penalty, especially against the smaller teams. And I'd say the Habs fit that description.

Old
04-05-2004, 04:35 PM
bb_fan

Quote:

:lol
i guess we will have to remember this the next time a montreal player hits a bruins the back of the shoulder...........oh wait, we only had to wait another five minutes for that non-call on Gonchar getting boarded

Way more disgraceful than Begins....."i'll get u my pretty, and your little dog too........"

......would u care for some cheese with that whine......

Old
04-05-2004, 04:38 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
he acted like areal sissy who don't like to get pushed ...

your right, Begin rolling around on the ice like a pit bull bit into his jock after that little "push" from Thornton....what a sissy!!!

Old
04-05-2004, 04:38 PM
WBC8

Quote:

The first five seconds out of the whole two minute clip were the only good thing the Habs did all game. So Begin checked him.....Big deal. Exelby hit Thornton a hell of alot harder than that....

Don't you have any video of Begin holding his wrist like a sissy after Thornton creamed him? I realize that since Begin hurt his hand he was going to be "alone" for the evening, but he gave a better performance than Denzel Washington in "Training Day"...

Old
04-05-2004, 04:43 PM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
I told you, I did it last year and jinxed them!

Old
04-05-2004, 04:45 PM
doc lafleur

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8
Acted like a real sissy? He drilled the player with a CLEAN hit that officials blew. As a matter of fact, any time a Bruin seems to throw a hit it's a penalty, especially against the smaller teams. And I'd say the Habs fit that description.
I am sure Joe is checking his spear collection for the series, after Markov no call, I guess Begin will be his next victim, or koivu.

Old
04-05-2004, 05:04 PM
TJF

Send a message via MSN to TJF
I think this whole Rolston thing has been blown way out of proportion by the Montreal media to make it sound worse than it actually is. But I think it's pretty obvious that if a Montreal player says something (Begin, Ribiero) it's fine and if a Bruins player says something he's cocky. Some of you really need to take of your Montreal Canadiens homer glasses because your all starting to sound like idiots by defending your team's players comments and thinking the Bruins comments are bad.

Man, I want the Bruins to win this series badly, I hate the Habs with a passion but I think it would just be as good to shut up all these Habs fans on here.

Old
04-05-2004, 05:34 PM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc lafleur
I am sure Joe is checking his spear collection for the series, after Markov no call, I guess Begin will be his next victim, or koivu.
Hopefully. That's the same Markov that didn't miss a shift right? It's called revenge for Nilan crosschecking Middleton in the teeth!....Either get used to it, or have somebody on that bench do something, for once.

Closed Thread