HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Early Impressions on the Kids...

Old
09-16-2009, 07:50 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

vCash: 500
Early Impressions on the Kids...

Now I know it's still early, but with a lot of the rookies I haven't really been too impressed. I'm not trying to get people to start rippin me but thise is how I've seen it the first two games.

Evegeny Grachev- Looks slower than the videos I've seen on him. He looks a little to complacent. I just don't see that same skill that I've seen on videos from him. I need to see from him the ability to take possession of the puck, make plays, and get scoring chances in order for him to make the team in my opinion.

Michael Del Zotto- I think he has been solid, but not overly impressive. He has made some mistakes and has done a pretty good job on the power play but I haven't really seen him take charge and take some shots he''s just passing too much. I need to see more shots from him personally.

Matt Gilroy- I think he has also been stellar. He has created some scoring chances but I think he's been out of postion a few times, but nothing too major.

Enver Lisin- I think he has been good. He has a pretty good shot, the quickness is there, and he has some playmaking ability.

Well the Rangers are coming back on lol and I think those are the major ones that I have seen, feel free to comment and add people, as long as the comments actually have a purpose other then completely rippin on my personal analysis.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 07:52 PM
ecemleafs

i think grachev has been better than u say. hes used his size rather well imo. he needs work in the ahl imo though

ecemleafs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 08:34 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post
Now I know it's still early, but with a lot of the rookies I haven't really been too impressed. I'm not trying to get people to start rippin me but thise is how I've seen it the first two games.

Evegeny Grachev- Looks slower than the videos I've seen on him. He looks a little to complacent. I just don't see that same skill that I've seen on videos from him. I need to see from him the ability to take possession of the puck, make plays, and get scoring chances in order for him to make the team in my opinion.

Michael Del Zotto- I think he has been solid, but not overly impressive. He has made some mistakes and has done a pretty good job on the power play but I haven't really seen him take charge and take some shots he''s just passing too much. I need to see more shots from him personally.

Matt Gilroy- I think he has also been stellar. He has created some scoring chances but I think he's been out of postion a few times, but nothing too major.

Enver Lisin- I think he has been good. He has a pretty good shot, the quickness is there, and he has some playmaking ability.

Well the Rangers are coming back on lol and I think those are the major ones that I have seen, feel free to comment and add people, as long as the comments actually have a purpose other then completely rippin on my personal analysis.
I was just going to post how much that through the early going that I think that he's been playing well.

I know it's just 2 games, but he's created chances in both games and the more he played with better players, the higher percentage of those chances are going to result in goals.

As for the skill level, take into consideration that everyone he is playing against are better than who he was playing against 6 months ago.

The kid is playing alot better than you give him credit for IMHO

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 08:36 PM
lundy

Gilroy seems like he could be a beast...offensively. I just hope they pair him with staal.

lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 08:46 PM
gardenfaithful44

I'm really impressed wit Grachev. Although I think he should make the team based on his performance so far, I wonder if he would be better off going to Hartford to gain some more confidence and polish off his skillset.

gardenfaithful44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 08:50 PM
Ian
Mike York fan club

I feel like Lisin is a lot better than advertised when it comes to defense and play on the puck, but it doesn't seem like he's been as dynamic offensively as it seemed most people were hoping he would be.

Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 08:57 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
I feel like Lisin is a lot better than advertised when it comes to defense and play on the puck, but it doesn't seem like he's been as dynamic offensively as it seemed most people were hoping he would be.
He looked better tonight playing with Prospal and had a couple good opportunities. His size is underrated for such a speedy player.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 08:58 PM
Wolfpack21

Gilroy!

Wolfpack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 09:05 PM
NHLhockey1234

delllyZ (del Zotto) Grachev, Gilroy, Parenteau, and Lisin were all impressive today. If we don't get another top center or forward let Grachev play first 15 games of the season. Let's test him out. The pass he made to Lisin and his effort on some of his rushes were amazing!

Parenteau pushed himself to great limits today too as well. Gilroy is a born NHL offensive defenseman and I had a chance to watch him at BU when my sister was able to get tickets, this guy is a one in a million and putting the line of Gaborik, Drury, and Callahan with both Staal and Gilroy would be a substantive threat in this league.

I think Grachev should get a third line spot along with Parentau and Lisin. Artem Anisimov while his size is big is way too slow for the NHL at the moment.

Here's my lines as I see it if Dubinsky signs.

Drury, Gaborik, Callahan
Along with Staal and Gilroy as D's

Kotalik, Dubinsky, Higgins
Along with Redden and Dan Girardi as D's

Lisin, Grachev, Prospal
Along with Michael Rosival and Kundratek (Czech and the Russians)

Boyle, Avery, and Brashear (the ultimate enforcer line) I'd also bring in Parentau on and off.
Along with Potter and Del Zotto

Power Play #1

Kotalik, Drury, Gaborik
Staal and Gilroy as D's

If we could get just one more 30+ goal scorer on this team I'd say we'd have a real chance at hitting it deep in the end if the team melded together, which I'm sure it would under Torts.

NHLhockey1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 09:09 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy View Post
Gilroy seems like he could be a beast...offensively. I just hope they pair him with staal.
They've been paired up in practice...could make for a very nice line.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 09:13 PM
Vitto79

It makes sense since Gilroy is offensive and Staal is the best Dman on the team period/ a shutdown guy

Thing is Redden and Girardi blew together and I would not want Rozy with them

wonder what the coaches think of Sauer and Potter from their play. They seemed steady, not very noticeable but honestly that is likely a good thing.

Will we see Heikkinen now?

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 10:03 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Okay, bear with me before you slam me for blasphemy - stylistically, I'd like to make the following comparison:

Gilroy reminds me of Leetch in his ability to go end to end and make the big, electric play to break the game open. MDZ, on the other hand, reminds me more of Zubov. He doesn't have Gilroy's end-to-end rushing ability or his forward-like scoring ability. BUT he is incredibly deft at walking the line on the PP and making the subtle passes to keep the play along.

Again, I'm not saying that either is destined to have the career of either Leetch or Zubov (although I can hope!), but I'm pleased to see serious upside in both and it struck me that they have different, complimentary skills along the lines of those two offensive d-men from the Rangers' glorious past.

(Unfortunately, so far, neither of them seems to have Zubie's shot from the point.)

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 10:16 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Okay, bear with me before you slam me for blasphemy - stylistically, I'd like to make the following comparison:

Gilroy reminds me of Leetch in his ability to go end to end and make the big, electric play to break the game open. MDZ, on the other hand, reminds me more of Zubov. He doesn't have Gilroy's end-to-end rushing ability or his forward-like scoring ability. BUT he is incredibly deft at walking the line on the PP and making the subtle passes to keep the play along.

Again, I'm not saying that either is destined to have the career of either Leetch or Zubov (although I can hope!), but I'm pleased to see serious upside in both and it struck me that they have different, complimentary skills along the lines of those two offensive d-men from the Rangers' glorious past.

(Unfortunately, so far, neither of them seems to have Zubie's shot from the point.)
Might get flamed but from a stylistic standpoint I agree with you.

Here's what I posted in the GDT:

I think while MDZ took a back seat tonight (to as you put it, Gilroy's "electricity") he has overall played very well (better vs. Boston) and could play in the NHL and make an impact this year - his vision, poise, mobility, and passing are superb. But I think the Rangers will give him a last year of seasoning in the OHL both because Gilroy's play gives them that option and because doing so worked out so well for Staal (he dominated, led his team to the OHL finals and won the Gretzky award as a defenseman on the losing team - still amazes me).

Grachev has been good, but the Rangers have committed to being patient with the kids and he could clearly use some time to really put his game together in the AHL. A half-season or season to fine tune his pro-level scoring touch will do wonders for him.

09-16-2009, 10:23 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

When you evaluate the young talent you have to take everything into account including the competition and the situations they excel in.

For Grachev, i thought he was skating hard and he made some very good plays in both games. I dont think hes slow at all. He covers alot of ground with a very long stride. Im not sure where the original poster is getting this from. You cant expect 5 goals in preseason from the kid when this is the first time hes playing even remotely close to this level of play. The difference between the AHL and the NHL is huge and its even bigger from Juniors, i think hes acclimating himsefl just fine. I think we will see him this season. Maybe its early, maybe its late for one or two games - but I definitely think he will be ready for the NHL in some capacity this season. Really dont know where the complacency is showing in his game. I dont see that at all.

MDZ- hes 19 years old and he's commanded the play on many occasions. Hes thrown the body, hes run the PP, he sees the ice extremely well and he did it fairly well for two nights in a row. Again, hes 19. Not sure were you are getting that he isnt impressive. What are these guys supposed to do ? Score 4 goals a game? The game ended after 65 minutes 2-2 with about 20+ NHL players on the ice including a 45 goal scorer in Parise. Where hell end up? I dont know. I can see it go either way but its going to be a tough decision IMO, especially after i honestly thought that last pre-season as well.

Gilroy - more of the same from last game. Hes shifty, hes a very good skater and hes super confident with the puck. Except this time he finished with a beauty. Whens the last time you saw a defenseman bank the puck off the boards and start on offense himself on the PK? Theres going to be a lot of seasoning for this kid on defense though, theres a ton of work to be done there - but Tortorella is salivating at this kid, believe me. Hes willing to force the play and do some really creative things offensively. Hes going to be another tough call, but i think with his contract hell definitely be given a shot at least as a 7th guy to learn in spots during the year. Ive killed him all offseason because many thought he was a lock to make the team. I think the best route for him is to learn the defensive game more in practice and get into games sparingly, but the effect he could have on the PP is one that could be very positive. Tortorella is going to have to make some tough decisions with the defense and the young guys. It will be interesting to see if he likes the idea of rotating some of these guys in and out so they can learn on the job, while not sacrificing the pairs defensive game in the process.

Lisin - I'm not sold on this kid yet. Hes got great speed, hes crafty, but he seems to be a step behind on the forecheck at points. Hes a little all over the place in the neutral and defensive zones too. The hockey instincts dont seem to be there at times, like i see in Grachev. Remember, hes had quite a few NHL games and practices under his belt so i cant group him in the same boat as these other rookies and i expect to see a little more.

Anisimov - Played it safe last game. Hes got to open it up a little. I think hes thinking too much out there and doesnt want to make mistakes. Hell come around he just needs more games. Hes a heady player thats very good positionally and i expect him to make the team.

Owens - He scored, but he is no where near ready, not even close.

Parenteau - Hate to say it, becuase hes got some good skills and he created some plays, but he looks like a career AHLer to me. Did anyone see him get totally destroyed by Chara last night? He basically swatted him away and he flew like he got hit by a truck.

Henley- he's huge. Thats about it.

Boyle - Im actually a little impressed with the guys game. Hes been around the net alot and had some chances to score. He moves well for a big man and I can actually see him making 4th line center out of default since Arnason and Rissmiller just dont cut it. Rissmiller is terrible, im sorry ive tried to like his game but he just doesnt move freely out there, worst signing ever. Arnason was quite invisible. Boyle uses his stick pretty well and i think putting him with Brashear on the 4th could cause some havoc for other teams. I think if he finishes a couple of plays the job is his at this point.

Johnson - Props. The kid played well. Ultra steady in goal, i was impressed. From what i hear and see, if he keeps it up he has a shot in the near future to make some noise in the professional ranks. NHL? not impossible, but hell have to work through a lot of others in front of him on the ladder. Just one game though, but i liked what I saw. He covers a lot of net.

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 09-16-2009 at 10:34 PM.
HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 10:29 PM
Richter35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediprakNYR View Post
delllyZ (del Zotto) Grachev, Gilroy, Parenteau, and Lisin were all impressive today. If we don't get another top center or forward let Grachev play first 15 games of the season. Let's test him out. The pass he made to Lisin and his effort on some of his rushes were amazing!

Parenteau pushed himself to great limits today too as well. Gilroy is a born NHL offensive defenseman and I had a chance to watch him at BU when my sister was able to get tickets, this guy is a one in a million and putting the line of Gaborik, Drury, and Callahan with both Staal and Gilroy would be a substantive threat in this league.

I think Grachev should get a third line spot along with Parentau and Lisin. Artem Anisimov while his size is big is way too slow for the NHL at the moment.

Here's my lines as I see it if Dubinsky signs.

Drury, Gaborik, Callahan
Along with Staal and Gilroy as D's

Kotalik, Dubinsky, Higgins
Along with Redden and Dan Girardi as D's

Lisin, Grachev, Prospal
Along with Michael Rosival and Kundratek (Czech and the Russians)

Boyle, Avery, and Brashear (the ultimate enforcer line) I'd also bring in Parentau on and off.
Along with Potter and Del Zotto

Power Play #1

Kotalik, Drury, Gaborik
Staal and Gilroy as D's

If we could get just one more 30+ goal scorer on this team I'd say we'd have a real chance at hitting it deep in the end if the team melded together, which I'm sure it would under Torts.

can only dress 20 per night buddy, gotta love the enthusiasm tho

I think that grachev is not served playing C, neither is Avery on the 4th line. can't wait till we see gabby in action these games have been boring as hell for me to be honest

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 11:06 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Listening to the press conference from last night, Tortorella was talking about how Grachev will be given a shot at both wings. Thats interesting in the fact that if they are willing to spread him around and are open to the possibility he could play RW if the depth chart and line combos allow that space to open up.

He sounds pretty excited about his game, like we all do. But hey its 2 games.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 11:11 PM
asparkoflife

I think Lisin has been great so far. He's a lot more physical than I thought he'd be. He's created some opportunities and seems like he can use that speed to his advantage.

Grachev I thought struggled the first half of last night's game but after that I though he's looked good. His size is going to be a huge weapon in the future.

asparkoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 11:15 PM
RyanBozak

Send a message via AIM to RyanBozak
From the GDT, probably is better suited in this thread:
Typical first period, but I really like the what most of our kids are showing. I don't think there really should be any doubt that Lisin isn't making the team, however, Grachev and Anisimov definitely do not have a lock yet.
IMO, I don't think Kessel or anyone else ecklolnd is going to be a Ranger. Possibly a vet for defense but definitely no one else. Looking at what the Rangers are doing with Prospal doesn't only point towards doubts with Dubinsky, if you're taking it that way (personally, I'm not), but also shows that Grachev and Anisimov may not be totally ready, despite what they show in the preseason.
Del Zotto has looked decent, definitely more than I expected. He has a nice shot and has looked somewhat responsible on defense. I think it's to Hartford for him for another season to improve and further establish himself.
I agree with a lot of what's been said about Gilroy. One thing that I've pondered a lot about is his ability to transfer his game to defense. While his first game he looked shaky at best, he provided a much better look at his defensive skills (and offensive, of course) against the Devils today. I do wonder how he would look as a forward, seeing how much of an upside he has. He really looked better than most of our forwards tonight.
Johnson really impressed me tonight. I haven't really followed him at all up until the TCPT. If he continues what he showed tonight he has a huge upside within this organization.
The public Dubi announcements are getting a bit old and childish at this point, seeing that I don't even think it was necessary to do in the first place. Of course from the organizations standpoint it's putting pressure on Dubi, which at this point in time I would think there was enough on him to begin with. I really like the kid and besides being my girlfriends' dream boy in which she'd probably cry if she wasn't signed (I probably will too considering I just picked up a Dubi jersey for her ), he's almost an absolute essential for the lack of depth we have at this point in time on the team.
Now that I'm thinking about it, I really do like the move to Prospal to center. Assuming that Dubi does sign, it gives us a decent top three at center and allows someone like Avery or Lisin to avoid being defaulted to the fourth line; somewhere neither should really be. Obviously we're loaded at right wing and I'm not entirely sure at who is capable of being switched to left, which we're going to need if we expect to avoid someone taking the fourth line drop, which isn't entirely horrible, but I'm sure something that would alter either the teams potential or a players'.

RyanBozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 11:29 PM
TheHotRock

i'm thinking it would be better for del zotto's development to play 40 games in the nhl (with a couple of 10 day conditioning stints in hfd) as opposed to being sent back to juniors. the kid is definitely too good to go back to the o.

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 05:20 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
When you evaluate the young talent you have to take everything into account including the competition and the situations they excel in.

For Grachev, i thought he was skating hard and he made some very good plays in both games. I dont think hes slow at all. He covers alot of ground with a very long stride. Im not sure where the original poster is getting this from. You cant expect 5 goals in preseason from the kid when this is the first time hes playing even remotely close to this level of play. The difference between the AHL and the NHL is huge and its even bigger from Juniors, i think hes acclimating himsefl just fine. I think we will see him this season. Maybe its early, maybe its late for one or two games - but I definitely think he will be ready for the NHL in some capacity this season. Really dont know where the complacency is showing in his game. I dont see that at all.

MDZ- hes 19 years old and he's commanded the play on many occasions. Hes thrown the body, hes run the PP, he sees the ice extremely well and he did it fairly well for two nights in a row. Again, hes 19. Not sure were you are getting that he isnt impressive. What are these guys supposed to do ? Score 4 goals a game? The game ended after 65 minutes 2-2 with about 20+ NHL players on the ice including a 45 goal scorer in Parise. Where hell end up? I dont know. I can see it go either way but its going to be a tough decision IMO, especially after i honestly thought that last pre-season as well.

Gilroy - more of the same from last game. Hes shifty, hes a very good skater and hes super confident with the puck. Except this time he finished with a beauty. Whens the last time you saw a defenseman bank the puck off the boards and start on offense himself on the PK? Theres going to be a lot of seasoning for this kid on defense though, theres a ton of work to be done there - but Tortorella is salivating at this kid, believe me. Hes willing to force the play and do some really creative things offensively. Hes going to be another tough call, but i think with his contract hell definitely be given a shot at least as a 7th guy to learn in spots during the year. Ive killed him all offseason because many thought he was a lock to make the team. I think the best route for him is to learn the defensive game more in practice and get into games sparingly, but the effect he could have on the PP is one that could be very positive. Tortorella is going to have to make some tough decisions with the defense and the young guys. It will be interesting to see if he likes the idea of rotating some of these guys in and out so they can learn on the job, while not sacrificing the pairs defensive game in the process.

Lisin - I'm not sold on this kid yet. Hes got great speed, hes crafty, but he seems to be a step behind on the forecheck at points. Hes a little all over the place in the neutral and defensive zones too. The hockey instincts dont seem to be there at times, like i see in Grachev. Remember, hes had quite a few NHL games and practices under his belt so i cant group him in the same boat as these other rookies and i expect to see a little more.

Anisimov - Played it safe last game. Hes got to open it up a little. I think hes thinking too much out there and doesnt want to make mistakes. Hell come around he just needs more games. Hes a heady player thats very good positionally and i expect him to make the team.

Owens - He scored, but he is no where near ready, not even close.

Parenteau - Hate to say it, becuase hes got some good skills and he created some plays, but he looks like a career AHLer to me. Did anyone see him get totally destroyed by Chara last night? He basically swatted him away and he flew like he got hit by a truck.

Henley- he's huge. Thats about it.

Boyle - Im actually a little impressed with the guys game. Hes been around the net alot and had some chances to score. He moves well for a big man and I can actually see him making 4th line center out of default since Arnason and Rissmiller just dont cut it. Rissmiller is terrible, im sorry ive tried to like his game but he just doesnt move freely out there, worst signing ever. Arnason was quite invisible. Boyle uses his stick pretty well and i think putting him with Brashear on the 4th could cause some havoc for other teams. I think if he finishes a couple of plays the job is his at this point.

Johnson - Props. The kid played well. Ultra steady in goal, i was impressed. From what i hear and see, if he keeps it up he has a shot in the near future to make some noise in the professional ranks. NHL? not impossible, but hell have to work through a lot of others in front of him on the ladder. Just one game though, but i liked what I saw. He covers a lot of net.
Very well stated. I think the important thing to remember with both MDZ and Grachev is that they are both still only 19. Neither has looked out of place so far, and both exhibit a fair amount of poise that belies their age. I'm not sure I understand people commenting that Grachev looks slows. Countless times he's beaten defenders going wide, and he also has very good puck control, and a quick release on his shot.

As for Gilroy, he looks to be a VERY exciting player. He does't just join the play, he leads it. The explosion he showed on the 4-on-4 when he created a scoring chance on his own, blasting out of the defensive zone was amazing. As stated by others, he'll need a strong defensive partner, and a defensively-aware forward on the ice with him.

The other player of note was Johnson. The Rangers did a very good job at the draft of shoring up the goaltending depth of the organization.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 06:19 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Grachev had 40 goals and was named the OHL rookie of the year. "Last season gave me a lot to get used to this type of game, the rinks," Grachev said. "I understand the game better, I know what to expect from my opponents."
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...#ixzz0RMUYCyIO

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 06:45 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post

He reminds of Leetch, with his end to end rushes, he reminds me of both with his offense confidence, and he reminds me of Zubov with his shot from the point on the power play. He has a long way to go, but you can see this kids got tons of talent, Emrick and Chico were gushing about his offensive prowess last night.

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 06:53 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post

I think Grachev have been outstanding. This is NHL preseason games we are talking about. Like how much would Jordan Staal have created offensivly in Grachev's position? Evg definitly could have scored a goal with some luck.

I am blown away by the confidence he is showing out there. He is winning pucks on the forecheck on a shift by shift basis. He is handling the puck and making headdy plays with it. He is getting in position to use his shot.

I also think he looks very good physically. He is skating well and looks very strong. Like its not unusual to see a big 19 y/o kid have problems with stronger NHL D's. Thats maybe the biggest diffrence. NHL D's are really strong, to protect the puck in like the SEL or AHL is completly diffrent then dooing it in the NHL. So its very impressive that he is so strong on the puck.

He'll need strong linemates to produce offensivly on a regular basis, thats true, but who doesn't need that? Like I don't think Nik Bäckström would have scored 50 pts if he played with Higgins and Callahan.

He ain't the next Malkin.

I am also impressed with Anisimov. He looks improved IMO. I think he will grow during camp. But he could be a year away, I've said that all summer. With his style he needs to be dominant on the ice to stand out on a regular basis. A player like him will never stand out against better oppositions. He isn't like a Marc Savard who could play against players 2x as talented as him -- while still beeing able to break the pattern and create a scoring chance. Or like a MDZ. MDZ is the type who probably could have made a bunch of great plays in the NHL at the age of 15 (while natrually beeing exposed 95% of the time but still). AA creates offense because his package of speed, skill and reach/size is overwhelming. If it isn't overwhelming, he isn't creating any offense. I think he will get there sooner or later; but is he there now?

The D's have been talked about a ton already -- in short I think both are awsome.

The team though, thats whats really is freaking me out. I am not counting us out already, but I've seen a lot of potential for disaster so far.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 06:56 AM
Ola

Leetch huh?

Kind of tabu IMO to compare anyone with a Leetch in his prime IMO.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 07:06 AM
The Mouth

I think that everybody hit on the guys i thought impressed. The first poster I disagreed with, I think Grachev in the entire two game pre-season has looked the most comfortable and confident, if this is indeed a camp where the best players will make the team. So far he should make it. Lisin certainly has shown hustle and a work ethic that Zherdev could not achieve under Torts. I thought he was basically a copy cat of zhedev when the rangers got him but so far, so good.

it's only two games but I'm excited about the young prospects. it's a strange feeling.

The Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote