HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pre-Season Game #2 -- Flyers-Leafs @ London, ON -- September 17, 2009 -- 7:00 P.M. ET

Old
09-17-2009, 09:59 PM
Call of the loonie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockinger View Post
1 min left
5 min major

fail
The ref could have given him two, but if the Leaf's score with 50 seconds left then he is back on the ice

Call of the loonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 10:00 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Call of the loonie View Post
The ref could have given him two, but if the Leaf's score with 50 seconds left then he is back on the ice
So then you give him a 10-minute misconduct and not worry about that.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 10:08 PM
Call of the loonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
So then you give him a 10-minute misconduct and not worry about that.
True enough. I don't really care either way, was just trying to figure out why the ref gave him 5 instead of 2 for interference. Probably it was more like the ref didn't see the hit but saw Grabs on the ground and heard the crowd gasp and that was it.

Anyway, wasn't trying to troll, I agree the hit was a non-hit. Looking forward to Saturday.

Call of the loonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 10:10 PM
bennysflyers16

This is the exact effort that a John Stevens coached team puts forth in the preseason,,, **** them all but Betts. Sickening that in preseaon we get shutout by a bunch of scrubs that 110% outplayed the **** out of us in every aspect of the game.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 10:10 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Same team, new players, same old unmotivated lazy hockey team. I'm not impressed.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 10:13 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
Same team, new players, same old unmotivated lazy hockey team. I'm not impressed.
This should be the new slogan, followed by Stevens signs an extension.

Old
09-17-2009, 10:15 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
This should be the new slogan, followed by Stevens signs an extension.
If the team starts out the same way it did last year, John Stevens coached his last win as head coach last season.

Old
09-17-2009, 10:16 PM
ilovetheflyers8

http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/landi...622&feedID=704

I feel kind of bad for Bell because I don't think he'll make the team over Betts or JVR.

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 10:20 PM
SolidSnakeUS

That was a really poor offensive performance. Maybe because Gagne, Briere, Hartnell, Pronger, and Emery didn't play?

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 10:23 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post

I feel kind of bad for Bell because I don't think he'll make the team over Betts or JVR.
I hear you, but I think it is an audition of sorts. If all three guys perform really well, there is no reason that another team can't pick up whichever one of Bell/Betts doesn't make the team.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 10:23 PM
Garbage Goal

You guys are acting like this was our actual team that was playing. We had like a few half-NHL caliber lines out there tonight. Sucks, but no big deal. Wait until we start playing like in the regular season to start *****ing. We didn't have Emery, Pronger, Carle (to my knowledge), Jones, Gagne, Gagne, or Briere out there tonight.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 10:24 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
That was a really poor offensive performance. Maybe because Gagne, Briere, Hartnell, Pronger, and Emery didn't play?
Poor everything, if we lose and show some difference from last years lazy play, I would be OK with it, but we have not changed a bit. We had the better offensive line up by far, and we got outscored and outworked by a huge margin, UNNACEPTABLE imo !!

Old
09-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
While I'm sure Emery can be pretty offensive, I doubt that's what you meant. Which makes me wonder how you think he would help the team score more?

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 10:26 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
You guys are acting like this was our actual team that was playing. We had like a few half-NHL caliber lines out there tonight. Sucks, but no big deal. Wait until we start playing like in the regular season to start *****ing. We didn't have Emery, Pronger, Carle (to my knowledge), Jones, Gagne, Gagne, or Briere out there tonight.
A good coach will still at least get a solid effort out of the players dressed, Betts was the only bright spot imo

Old
09-17-2009, 10:30 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
While I'm sure Emery can be pretty offensive, I doubt that's what you meant. Which makes me wonder how you think he would help the team score more?
He would've not allowed as many goals because, you know, a goalie is the guy who stops the pucks. >_>

Quote:
A good coach will still at least get a solid effort out of the players dressed, Betts was the only bright spot imo
My point is that you guys are overreacting because this was a team comprised of a few rusty NHL players and AHL players during the preseason. On top of that the lines were horrible to begin with for the most part.

Just wait until the season actually begins until the negativity ****-storm begins.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 10:43 PM
flyersjamminontheone
In Claude we trust

what'd everyone think of carter? I thought that Coburn looked like the coburn of last year, not 2 years ago. it seems to me that him and pronger should pair up , then Kimmo and carle should be partnered up. Coburn imo plays the mean game better when he has that type of mentor. ex) Hatcher.
Breakout looked shakey under heavy forcheck. Thought we were supposed to be working on that?
lastly, why no scoring? the people trying to make names for them selves were pretty quiet (from what i saw, less Betts). To me the only people trying to make the parent team were the leafs prospects.

flyersjamminontheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 10:51 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Carter looked like it was his first preseason game. I'm not going to fault the guys who played their first game.

Old
09-17-2009, 10:55 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Poor everything, if we lose and show some difference from last years lazy play, I would be OK with it, but we have not changed a bit. We had the better offensive line up by far, and we got outscored and outworked by a huge margin, UNNACEPTABLE imo !!
Quote:
I agree with everything especially in bold.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 10:55 PM
flyersjamminontheone
In Claude we trust

it was an honest q. the rest is my opinion only, taking stock that it is pre #2. But come on, the Leafs?

flyersjamminontheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 11:19 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

while i think it's a little too soon to be bashing the teams play, i think that there's a little bit of concern with this squad already. especially with the expectations being so high.
but also, the flyers are always terrible in the preseason. So it doesn't surprise me at all.

That being said, here's my take on the performances...
- Richards looked the the only guy on the ice who knew what he was doing...
- JVR looks like he'll be NHL ready in no time. He has a few nice passes in the off. zone and had a couple of blocked shots as well.
- Betts is playing better than everyone on the roster and he doesn't even have a contract.
- Coburn looks unimproved so far, but that's a little unfair to say this early.
- Giroux looks like he's trying to do too much, he needs to simplify his game.
- Carcillo needs to calm the ******* down, we can't have him punching everyone who hits him in the face. He's a maniac
- Backlund had a bunch of nice saves, but the defense wasn't helping him out AT ALL. It's hard to put the blame on him for this one.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 11:21 PM
Mike Richards 18

Quote:

Carle was out to and of course Jones too haha but Boucher also looked a little off on the first second goal and lazy on the first one.

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 11:35 PM
hockeyphan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post

Yeah, but now he may make the team over everyone else. Hell, he might even end up as coach at this point

hockeyphan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 11:42 PM
PhilaFlyers

Boucher sucked pretty badly from what I saw.

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 11:47 PM
dr.rosenrosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardsCannon View Post
while i think it's a little too soon to be bashing the teams play, i think that there's a little bit of concern with this squad already. especially with the expectations being so high.
but also, the flyers are always terrible in the preseason. So it doesn't surprise me at all.

That being said, here's my take on the performances...
- Richards looked the the only guy on the ice who knew what he was doing...
- JVR looks like he'll be NHL ready in no time. He has a few nice passes in the off. zone and had a couple of blocked shots as well.
- Betts is playing better than everyone on the roster and he doesn't even have a contract.
- Coburn looks unimproved so far, but that's a little unfair to say this early.
- Giroux looks like he's trying to do too much, he needs to simplify his game.
- Carcillo needs to calm the ******* down, we can't have him punching everyone who hits him in the face. He's a maniac
- Backlund had a bunch of nice saves, but the defense wasn't helping him out AT ALL. It's hard to put the blame on him for this one.
agreed on all of this.

carcillo looked crazy out there he was all over the place like a wild man. he's gotta learn to pick his spots.

dr.rosenrosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 12:14 AM
Larry44
10 - 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
I don't understand the hate for Carcillo here. I love the guy and I think the players like having him around too. If he could just cut back slightly on dumb penalties he'll be a huge asset on the 3rd (probably 4th) line.
Carcillo was one of the only Flyers, along with Betts, Kalinski, Nodl and Powe, who even bothered to show up tonight.

Carter was flying early, then realized he was never going to get a pass so he shut it down. Richards and Timonen were two of the worst players on the ice.

Not that much to worry about, but when your Olympians can't hit each other with a 10' pass, it's not going to be your night.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote