HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

PK must be sent to Hamilton

Old
09-17-2009, 08:30 PM
Le CH

vCash: 500
PK must be sent to Hamilton

It seems that PK Subban is having a very good training camp but regardless, he MUST not be kept on the Canadiens roster to start the year. He is a top shelf prospect and has a good chance of becoming an integral part of the Habs future blue line core but I think it would be VERY beneficial to him to play for Hamilton this year. We need to take a page from the Red Wings and properly develop this type of talent by allowing him to play ALOT on the farm to learn his craft/gain confidence vs. getting limited play with the "big" team.

Just my two cents.

Le CH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 08:32 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

I'm pretty sure that that's the plan, with or without this thread

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 08:33 PM
hotcarle

I agree, but it's because of the numbers game.

hotcarle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 08:35 PM
Le CH

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
I'm pretty sure that that's the plan, with or without this thread
I know the Habs "brass" isn't reading my posts to make their decisions but just saying...

Le CH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 08:41 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
theirs no doubt he is going down, im pretty sure he knows that himself

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 08:41 PM
Pascal

i can't wait to see him up in the NHL.. he's a future star.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 08:42 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

vCash: 1549
They'll send him back but they're going to give him a couple pre-season games. They play 5 games in 5 nights and they're not going to play every defenceman every night in a row.

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 08:43 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
No way he makes the team unless he tears things up and forces managements hand.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 08:43 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

He will be. He messed up on the Booth goal....but if he scores....I don't know...

Joking aside, there is no question in my mind that he's going to be in Hamilton. He needs to learn pro hockey in Hamilton. There is no room for him, O'Byrne will be #7 no matter what happens in the next games unless O'Byrne is beyond terrible, Patrick Traverse style.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 09:36 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Keeping him as a #7 would be a huge mistake,pretty sure Habs management knows that as well.Same goes for Weber..

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 09:46 PM
Lizard King*

This was going to happen regardless, O'byrne was considered the 7th dman, if he's not its probably going to be weber because he has NHL experience already and playoff experience

Lizard King* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 09:49 PM
DeVries*

If Subban doesn't play top 4 in Montreal, he plays in Hamilton. Book it.

DeVries* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 10:02 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Not only PK but a whole lot of people needs to be sent to Hamilton real soon.....Bulldogs are playing Toronto on Sept. 24th.....in Scotland with 2 other teams. Are they really going to wait till the 21st to make the cuts making the guys travel on the 22nd? I know it's preseason and all but still...

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 10:02 PM
deandebean

He'll play in Hamilton for sure. I think he will be back early on.

deandebean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 11:50 PM
Biggsy

I was hoping to see PK up this year but i agree that is better for him to get alot of playing time in the A

Biggsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 12:00 AM
kostitsyn1489

PK is dominating the rookie camp and Gorges is expandable so there's no way PK isn't in Montreal for the first game of the season.

[/Professional journalism]

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 02:19 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

He needs to learn freaking timing of when to transform into Bobby Orr during a shift, besides that, dude will be amazing.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 03:03 AM
HockeyF3ind

He'll start in Hamilton but I fully expect a call up and some NHL games this year for PK!!

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 07:11 AM
Odelein24

I watched him play last night. He looked visibly nervous early on, he fumbled with the puck upon pass reception, but as the game went on you could see him gaining confidence with each shift.

However, he tried to do too much offensively alone and that resulted in him having to work extra hard to get back in a defensive position. On the other side, he showed he wasn't afraid to go anywhere on the ice and he's got a rocket of a slapshot which should only get stronger.

I'm glad there's almost no space on D this year. He'll benefit greatly from playing a large role in Hamilton, no need to rush this one.

Odelein24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 08:04 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
PK is dominating the rookie camp and Gorges is expandable so there's no way PK isn't in Montreal for the first game of the season.

[/Professional journalism]
Because PK dominated a bunch of rookies he is going to make the team and push of one of most consistent dman from the last couple of seasons? How is Josh all of a sudden expendable? With all due respect to PK, I really hope he spends the whole season in Hamilton and there is no way at this point that the Habs dump Josh to make room for him.

Don't quit your day job because you ain't no professional journalist.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 08:11 AM
oli500

He will be send to hamilton but having him on the roster would not be a bad idea for the simple fact that he can learn from a experience group of defencemen. If he makes a mistake he can take comfort in the fact that a experience guy would go up to him and say its ok. Last year with so many guys playing for a contract I think we lack that type of chemestry and it really affected a guy like obyrne. I think that the veterans we have will add team spirit and I would rather have pk learn from them then him going down to hamilton and then coming up in mtl as a 4th defencemen in his rookie season were he will feal the presure. This guy can still see plenty of ice time on the pp and he would do wonders for are second unit. I heard him talk after the game and this guy is a born leader. If im the habs I wait until he gains a bit of nhl experience and name him captain, he is our future on the blue line and as much as playing a full season in hamilton would do him some good having him up here learning the ropes as a 7th defencemen for a year would not be a bad thing considering how fragile the defense position can be for a rookie. A couple of bad games and the confidence sinks low. Weve all seen that happen to young defencemen in mtl. There would be nothign wrong with him being send down to the ahl but at the same time having him up here learning at the nhl level while playing a limited role could not hurt him either, both situations is a win win for the habs

oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 08:19 AM
Tendresse
Capitaine Gorges

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Because PK dominated a bunch of rookies he is going to make the team and push of one of most consistent dman from the last couple of seasons? How is Josh all of a sudden expendable? With all due respect to PK, I really hope he spends the whole season in Hamilton and there is no way at this point that the Habs dump Josh to make room for him.

Don't quit your day job because you ain't no professional journalist.
Don't join the sarcasm detector squad :d

Tendresse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 08:25 AM
neofury*

Anyone else feel that except for 1 or 2 dumb moves (well technically only 1 that I saw, I didn't see the whole game and I also missed the 1st period) that O'Byrne looked pretty good out there so far?

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 08:35 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Anyone else feel that except for 1 or 2 dumb moves (well technically only 1 that I saw, I didn't see the whole game and I also missed the 1st period) that O'Byrne looked pretty good out there so far?
I sure hope so ... hopefully JM lit a fire up his ass, the kid needs it.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 08:49 AM
otto bond

My take on PK is simple. Unless you dominate(one of the reason I think he wasn't paired with a vet last night)and be the best of the 2 defence on the ice shift after shift and then it's in Montreal he starts. Even if it's to play 12 min a game, I say that's better then 18-20 in the AHL.
On last night's goal, I saw it has he was trying to come over to help Benoit but was already a step being. Also note that It was Booth flying down the wing and he is a good player.
Since I did not see the game, I can still tell that he did not much bad or did nothing super good. This is Montreal and for a young guy like that, so vocal and well interesting character, good start. We will see more from him.

The one thing I will say is I'm not convinced yet that Hamilton is where PK starts.
It's logical choice at this time but..........

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote