HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dubinsky signs (2 years, $3.7MM [$1.85M Cap Hit])

Old
09-20-2009, 08:41 AM
FromTheSide

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by daigle View Post
We struggle and struggle to get Dubinsky to a 1.85 deal, but then we can throw away 3 million per to Kotalik
Take off the hate glasses, if kotalik plays like he played yestarday he'll be well worth the money to save our horrible PP.

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 08:56 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Unfortunately I think Lisin and Grachev get sent down and are the first call ups. I just have a gut feeling Voros Boyle Brashear is what Torts likes on the 4th line (which isn't a bad line at all). Imagine if we were able to grab one more 3rd-2nd line tweener for cheap, we'd have an incredibly deep lineup.
Lisin will not be sent down. He would have to clear waivers and some team would grab him. He will be the 13th forward and share time with the likes of Voros and Brashear and he'll fill in when there are injuries.

Grachev played well enough to stick, but would still benefit from some time in the AHL. He doesn't need to clear waivers and there really isn't a top 9 spot available, so he will be sent down.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 08:58 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by daigle View Post
We struggle and struggle to get Dubinsky to a 1.85 deal, but then we can throw away 3 million per to Kotalik
Kotalik: UFA
Dubinsky: RFA, non-arbitration

Why is this confusing?

Old
09-20-2009, 09:01 AM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Glad it got done, and I'm especially happy its 2 years. 2 years tell me the relationship hasn't been seriously harmed between brandon and slats...
him agreeing to 2 years also tells me he isnt the greedy ******* he was being made out to be, because if he signed for 1 on the cheap and had a great year he could have easily walked and said the rangers lowballed him last year...

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 09:06 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Great news that this contract chapter is closed and done with. Now they can focus on where he plays...and he still gets my vote to center Gabby...But I guess we will wait and see what transpires there.

With him in the lineup, and of course with the big healthy question mark for Gaborik this club has a very talented lineup.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 09:06 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Lisin will not be sent down. He would have to clear waivers and some team would grab him. He will be the 13th forward and share time with the likes of Voros and Brashear and he'll fill in when there are injuries.

Grachev played well enough to stick, but would still benefit from some time in the AHL. He doesn't need to clear waivers and there really isn't a top 9 spot available, so he will be sent down.
umm no Lisn better be playing with Anisimov full time

everyone goes nuts over Gilroy and MDZ yet Lisin is the one with 2 goals and is producing the most. The guy plays

Sorry Avery is 4th line and gets bumped up in certaing games plus he can PK

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 09:11 AM
bubba5

overpriced!!!!! SHould have stayed home. I cant wait when I hear that he has no chemestry with Gaborik and everyone is here crying we need a center for him.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 09:21 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
umm no Lisn better be playing with Anisimov full time

everyone goes nuts over Gilroy and MDZ yet Lisin is the one with 2 goals and is producing the most. The guy plays

Sorry Avery is 4th line and gets bumped up in certaing games plus he can PK
Well, you might want to discuss it with Torts then, because I doubt he agrees with you. Lisin will spend time in the pressbox this year unless he forces Torts to keep him in the lineup.

Old
09-20-2009, 09:22 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
overpriced!!!!! SHould have stayed home. I cant wait when I hear that he has no chemestry with Gaborik and everyone is here crying we need a center for him.
You forgot the

I hope.

Old
09-20-2009, 09:33 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Well, you might want to discuss it with Torts then, because I doubt he agrees with you. Lisin will spend time in the pressbox this year unless he forces Torts to keep him in the lineup.
is their a quote or something with Tortarella saying that?. The roster is not even set yet so I doubt he said anything

How can Lisen not play. Especially with skilled players like Anisimov. The object of the game is to score goals and he will do that

what is the problem with dressing him and starting him on the 3rd line with Avery mixing it up on the 4th line with B and B. Then as the game goes the beloved Avery can be sprinkled in when needed to cause a ruckus. Plus Avery can PK

Its a long season Dress the best and bumpb guys up if they perform and down if they don't

I do know what people see in the 4th line q Voros They are freaking huge

Would not be surprised to see a trade at all

lets just hope Rozy can get moved but I doubt it

Old
09-20-2009, 09:40 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
is their a quote or something with Tortarella saying that?. The roster is not even set yet so I doubt he said anything

How can Lisen not play. Especially with skilled players like Anisimov. The object of the game is to score goals and he will do that

what is the problem with dressing him and starting him on the 3rd line with Avery mixing it up on the 4th line with B and B. Then as the game goes the beloved Avery can be sprinkled in when needed to cause a ruckus. Plus Avery can PK

Its a long season Dress the best and bumpb guys up if they perform and down if they don't

Hey, don't put me in that group. I hate Avery. But he's proven more in the NHL than Lisin has. Lisin will get time in the top 9 if there are injuries or players are not playing well and Torts shuffles the lineup, but he will not play every game unless he forces Torts to play him every game.

Rosy will not be moved this year. Next year is when he will be a good trade chip and we'll need that money to re-sign Staal.

Old
09-20-2009, 09:55 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:

Quite easy to imagine how Lisin wont initially start the season as a regular, especially with the emergence of what looks like our 4th line.

Prospal-Dubinsky-Gaborik
Higgins-Drury-Kotalik
Callahan-Anisimov-Avery
Brashear-Boyle-Voros

Lisin
Parenteau

I really think thats what the forward depth chart looks like right now. Lisin will get the first crack when ineffectiveness or an injury pops up, but starting the season as a top 9er? Theres just no room.

Grachev has looked every bit as good as Lisin and Parenteau, but at 19 years old theres no reason to rush him.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 10:08 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Grachev has looked every bit as good as Lisin and Parenteau, but at 19 years old theres no reason to rush him.
Prospal is the placeholder for Grachev. There's nothing wrong giving Grachev a year at Hartford right now.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 10:35 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Prospal is the placeholder for Grachev. There's nothing wrong giving Grachev a year at Hartford right now.
agreed. with the glut of forwards we have we can afford to be patient.

Grachev can take Prospals spot next season. im still curious how we are gonna be able to afford Higgins, Staal, and Girardi next season...even if Girardi walks or we trade him, you gotta figure Higgins will get ~3+ and Staal will get 4-5...somethings gotta give.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 11:04 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post

Grachev can take Prospals spot next season. im still curious how we are gonna be able to afford Higgins, Staal, and Girardi next season...even if Girardi walks or we trade him, you gotta figure Higgins will get ~3+ and Staal will get 4-5...somethings gotta give.
I don't see him getting that much yet. As for creating space, Dubi may have done the Rangers a favor by signing the 2-year deal. If he puts up 60 points and he's arbitration eligible, he gets Zajac/Bolland money, which means almost $2 million less in cap space.

Rozsival HAS to be moved. And, if both Lisin and Grachev develop, I don't see a place for Kotalik beyond next year. So, the Rangers will have to create cap space out of Prospal leaving, and moving Rozsival, Kotalik and Girardi.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Levitate

Yeah I just find it hard to see how Lisin bumps Avery or Kotalik or Callahan or Higgins to the fourth line, but I can see him being used on the fourth line and getting mixed in with higher lines at times. At least until injuries. Someone is going to get injured

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 11:19 AM
reckoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Someone is going to get injured
this is exactly right.

last year we had pretty good luck regarding injuries--but we might not be that lucky again (*cough* gabby). so even though it's going to be a tough job to juggle these players, it's a good problem to have, especially when someone will inevitably struggle or become injured.

reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Vitto79

Was this whole camp not about not going by NHL experience and playing the best lines

They simply have to play Lisin with Anisimov and I say Kotalik

I understand how Avery has done more and I really like what Avery brings when he is not saying stupid crap but to me Lisin has earned a top 9 spot

I guess we can talk about it all we want. Lets see what happens in the last 3 pre season games then we will see

Old
09-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Ola

Avery was really good against Detroit IMO.

I don't think we can put him on a 4th line. This team needs someone who can create some momentum, Avery can do that. He is a real force at times. Gets the puck deep and keeps it there.

Then, at times he hurts the team instead. But despite that I can't see that we won't be forced to play him in a big role for most of the year.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 11:32 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Avery was really good against Detroit IMO.

I don't think we can put him on a 4th line. This team needs someone who can create some momentum, Avery can do that. He is a real force at times. Gets the puck deep and keeps it there.

Then, at times he hurts the team instead. But despite that I can't see that we won't be forced to play him in a big role for most of the year.
Agreed. Avery is definitely not playing on the 4th line, he's far too smart a player to be wasted there.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 11:53 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Was this whole camp not about not going by NHL experience and playing the best lines

They simply have to play Lisin with Anisimov and I say Kotalik

I understand how Avery has done more and I really like what Avery brings when he is not saying stupid crap but to me Lisin has earned a top 9 spot

I guess we can talk about it all we want. Lets see what happens in the last 3 pre season games then we will see
To me when a coach says players will earn their spots, he's also taking into consideration that he knows what he'll get from his vets in the regular season. Tortorella is taking that into account when he's comparing what the rookies are doing in training camp. It's not just a blank slate and whoever plays the absolute best in camp gets a spot.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 12:09 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post

i dont see us signing higgins next year unless he flat out dominates for us, which i doubt he will.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 12:19 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

This may sound extremely shocking coming from me, but I am happy Dubinsky finally signed. Although I only see him as a 50-55 point player on Average he does help this team out.

He has some character issues I am not a big fan of (he's young) but reading these new reports about him and what he was saying about his pride as a Ranger has changed my views a tad.

Of course I will still be the first one to rag on him if he is slumping but that's just because I have to see him live up to the hype that so many of you other guys have given him.

Either way glad he is on the team but to those who seriously and aggressively opposed Anisimov as an option for 1st line C when I mentioned it this summer I am hoping you realize now that Dubinsky has got to earn that spot and keep it because there are guys coming up now and within a few years that will challenge him heavily.

I guess that is why I don't consider him our savior at the Center position, I have a lot of faith in Anisimov, and Stepan. I see them as potential 1st line C's as well so our future looks good.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 01:13 PM
AXN

What is Dubinsky's cap hit this year 1.7 and next year 2.0?

Hope he develops the chemistry with Gaborik.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 01:38 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXN View Post
What is Dubinsky's cap hit this year 1.7 and next year 2.0?

Hope he develops the chemistry with Gaborik.
Cap hit doesn't change from year to year. It's $1.85MM both years.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote