HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Archer

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-18-2013, 08:44 AM
  #451
RECsGuy*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,478
vCash: 500
I hope this episode brings attention to Bob's Burgers.

RECsGuy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 08:45 AM
  #452
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high
 
Blueline Bomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 21,543
vCash: 500
I'm going to try and find a way to include the phrase "Tripping bear balls" into my conversation today.

Blueline Bomber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 10:34 AM
  #453
40oz
..........
 
40oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
I'm going to try and find a way to include the phrase "Tripping bear balls" into my conversation today.
Good chance people will hear "bare balls". But good luck to you.

40oz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 01:58 PM
  #454
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
 
Diamondillium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,359
vCash: 50
Excellent episode, good to see (one of) my favorite shows is back on.

Diamondillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 02:07 PM
  #455
Oilbleeder
Moderator
Lead us to glory.
 
Oilbleeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,736
vCash: 81
God I missed this show. So good.

__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/nemesis15/QuadSig-OB.gif <-- Credit goes to The Nemesis.
Oilbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 02:08 PM
  #456
Fire Lindy
Trust the System
 
Fire Lindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macleod50 View Post
Great way to start off the season.

"Well there goes the frying pan theory."
So good

Krieger is awesome

Fire Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 04:47 PM
  #457
Kurtz
Registered User
 
Kurtz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,642
vCash: 500
Well, either this was the funniest Archer ever, or they're all this funny and I simply forgot after not watching so long.

And I totally lost it for the ostrich scene in the end. Unreal.

Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 08:58 PM
  #458
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 24,440
vCash: 1
Good start to the new season.

No Fun Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 09:30 PM
  #459
DuckJet
#KESBAE
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 36,109
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
Well, either this was the funniest Archer ever, or they're all this funny and I simply forgot after not watching so long.

And I totally lost it for the ostrich scene in the end. Unreal.
After letting it sink in it wasn't really any funnier. If anything it was lacking in jokes.

Still a great episode though. The animation gets better every year.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:46 PM
  #460
SK13
Mo'Linguish
 
SK13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,947
vCash: 500
Series high ratings, too.

I think what I find funniest are the little weird things. Like Kreiger walking in to explain Archer's amnesia with a piglet in his hand, which he puts in his labcoat pocket, and it's never explained, called back on or relevant in any way.


Last edited by SK13: 01-18-2013 at 11:58 PM.
SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 12:13 AM
  #461
yakitate304
Crunch Time
 
yakitate304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY
Country: St Lucia
Posts: 13,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
Series high ratings, too.

I think what I find funniest are the little weird things. Like Kreiger walking in to explain Archer's amnesia with a piglet in his hand, which he puts in his labcoat pocket, and it's never explained, called back on or relevant in any way.
Oh Pigly...

yakitate304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 01:04 AM
  #462
RobBrown4PM
Pringles?
 
RobBrown4PM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
Oh Pigly...
Oh goatly

RobBrown4PM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 04:16 AM
  #463
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War
 
AndyPipkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,485
vCash: 341
Did I miss a new Archer?

AndyPipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 04:32 AM
  #464
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
 
Diamondillium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,359
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
Did I miss a new Archer?
You missed a new Bob.


Doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

Diamondillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 04:38 AM
  #465
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War
 
AndyPipkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,485
vCash: 341
^ Oh ok, Bob's is great, but Archer is epic

AndyPipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:48 AM
  #466
Aucoin11*
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
After letting it sink in it wasn't really any funnier. If anything it was lacking in jokes.

Still a great episode though. The animation gets better every year.
You would attempt to over evaluate a comedy like archer for no reason.

Aucoin11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 02:27 AM
  #467
yakitate304
Crunch Time
 
yakitate304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY
Country: St Lucia
Posts: 13,915
vCash: 500
For those who don't watch Bob's Burgers, there is always a "special" burger of the day derived from a pun. For instance, the special on the day of their Grand Re-re-re-opening was "New Bacon-ings (comes with bacon)" and another was the "Fig-eta Bout It Burger" (with a fig). My favorite from the ~20 episodes I've seen is "The Roquefort Files Burger" (with Roquefort cheese).




So in typical Archer fashion, they threw in a pretty random reference that was pretty genius.

"Thomas Elphinstone Hambledon (Tommy Hambledon) is the fictional protagonist of many spy novels written by the British author "Manning Coles" (actually the two-person writing team of Adelaide Frances Oke Manning and Cyril Henry Coles) from 1940 through 1963. Tommy was a teacher in a British boarding school in his first appearance in Drink to Yesterday and, during school vacations, a spy in Germany for the Foreign Office. At the end of this book, which takes place in World War I, he disappears at sea and is presumed dead. He reappears as the hero of the next book, Pray Silence (known in the US by the title Toast to Tomorrow), which begins in the 1920s. He is an amnesiac in Germany who gradually works his way up in the fledgling Nazi Party until, in 1933, he becomes Hitler's Chief of Police." (wikipedia)

I love this show too much.

yakitate304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 03:08 AM
  #468
17futurecap
Registered User
 
17futurecap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
For those who don't watch Bob's Burgers, there is always a "special" burger of the day derived from a pun. For instance, the special on the day of their Grand Re-re-re-opening was "New Bacon-ings (comes with bacon)" and another was the "Fig-eta Bout It Burger" (with a fig). My favorite from the ~20 episodes I've seen is "The Roquefort Files Burger" (with Roquefort cheese).




So in typical Archer fashion, they threw in a pretty random reference that was pretty genius.

"Thomas Elphinstone Hambledon (Tommy Hambledon) is the fictional protagonist of many spy novels written by the British author "Manning Coles" (actually the two-person writing team of Adelaide Frances Oke Manning and Cyril Henry Coles) from 1940 through 1963. Tommy was a teacher in a British boarding school in his first appearance in Drink to Yesterday and, during school vacations, a spy in Germany for the Foreign Office. At the end of this book, which takes place in World War I, he disappears at sea and is presumed dead. He reappears as the hero of the next book, Pray Silence (known in the US by the title Toast to Tomorrow), which begins in the 1920s. He is an amnesiac in Germany who gradually works his way up in the fledgling Nazi Party until, in 1933, he becomes Hitler's Chief of Police." (wikipedia)

I love this show too much.
That is awesome!

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 03:37 AM
  #469
40oz
..........
 
40oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,743
vCash: 500
Nice diggin yakitate, awesome find.

I feel like I have to read this book now, it has the Archer seal of approval.

Speaking of which, has anyone here read "How to Archer"?

40oz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 06:17 AM
  #470
CZechSenator
#15 Jan Marek R.I.P.
 
CZechSenator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Czech Republic
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
Speaking of which, has anyone here read "How to Archer"?
Yep, funny as hell. I definitely recommend it to every Archer fan.

CZechSenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 07:25 AM
  #471
Francesa
Registered User
 
Francesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 176,000
vCash: 500
Bob's Burgers

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 05:06 PM
  #472
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 71,408
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by macleod50 View Post
Great way to start off the season.

"Well there goes the frying pan theory."
I was LOLing out loud at that.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 05:07 PM
  #473
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 71,408
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
For those who don't watch Bob's Burgers, there is always a "special" burger of the day derived from a pun. For instance, the special on the day of their Grand Re-re-re-opening was "New Bacon-ings (comes with bacon)" and another was the "Fig-eta Bout It Burger" (with a fig). My favorite from the ~20 episodes I've seen is "The Roquefort Files Burger" (with Roquefort cheese).




So in typical Archer fashion, they threw in a pretty random reference that was pretty genius.

"Thomas Elphinstone Hambledon (Tommy Hambledon) is the fictional protagonist of many spy novels written by the British author "Manning Coles" (actually the two-person writing team of Adelaide Frances Oke Manning and Cyril Henry Coles) from 1940 through 1963. Tommy was a teacher in a British boarding school in his first appearance in Drink to Yesterday and, during school vacations, a spy in Germany for the Foreign Office. At the end of this book, which takes place in World War I, he disappears at sea and is presumed dead. He reappears as the hero of the next book, Pray Silence (known in the US by the title Toast to Tomorrow), which begins in the 1920s. He is an amnesiac in Germany who gradually works his way up in the fledgling Nazi Party until, in 1933, he becomes Hitler's Chief of Police." (wikipedia)

I love this show too much.
Archer is just a genius show in general. It annoys me to no end that my mother thinks it is stupid comedy whenever I go home and watch the show on their TV.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 05:11 PM
  #474
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 71,408
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
Series high ratings, too.

I think what I find funniest are the little weird things. Like Kreiger walking in to explain Archer's amnesia with a piglet in his hand, which he puts in his labcoat pocket, and it's never explained, called back on or relevant in any way.
Kreiger is simply the best character. Much like Creed in The Office, only far more deranged, sympathetic, and Nazi-ish all at the same time.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 05:33 PM
  #475
DuckJet
#KESBAE
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 36,109
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
Oh goatly
Krieger: you can't shut down my lab! Lives will be at risk
Mallory: what a couple lab rats?

Shot of numerous failed Krieger clones

Krieger: also yes.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.