HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Archer

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-20-2013, 06:14 PM
  #476
M.C.G. 31
Moderator
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Greece
Posts: 70,089
vCash: 192
Seriously hate the fact that I can't watch new episodes in Canada.

__________________
M.C.G. 31 is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 06:53 PM
  #477
40oz
..........
 
40oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
Seriously hate the fact that I can't watch new episodes in Canada.
Yeah, it's a bit confusing that they aren't on FX Canada... It's almost like they want us to pirate.

40oz is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 12:03 AM
  #478
HanSolo
Moderator
RIP, Leia
 
HanSolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Country: United States
Posts: 67,743
vCash: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aucoin11 View Post
You would attempt to over evaluate a comedy like archer for no reason.
Over evaluate? It's not that hard to say "hey. I didn't laugh as hard as I thought I would"

Ironic coming from you though. Seeing as you over evaluate everything.

HanSolo is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 02:30 AM
  #479
Hasbro
Can He Skate?!
 
Hasbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Rectangle
Country: Sami
Posts: 37,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
Yeah, it's a bit confusing that they aren't on FX Canada... It's almost like they want us to pirate.
Does Canada even have a spy agency?

Hasbro is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 10:09 AM
  #480
Fire Lindy
Trust the System
 
Fire Lindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
Does Canada even have a spy agency?

Fire Lindy is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 10:31 AM
  #481
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Shogunate of Nofunia
Country: Fiji
Posts: 42,508
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
Seriously hate the fact that I can't watch new episodes in Canada.
Blame it on the damn New Scotland Front!

No Fun Shogun is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 12:58 AM
  #482
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 48,524
vCash: 500
I can't watch Bob's Burgers because of Benjamin's stupid inability to do different voices. I only want to associate that voice with Archer.

Kitten Mittons is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 06:48 AM
  #483
RECsGuy*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
I can't watch Bob's Burgers because of Benjamin's stupid inability to do different voices. I only want to associate that voice with Archer.
Apparently you aren't familiar with Dr. Katz or Home Movies, both of which preceeded Archer.

RECsGuy* is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:34 AM
  #484
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Shogunate of Nofunia
Country: Fiji
Posts: 42,508
vCash: 50
Yeah, lots of voice actors use the same voice. Arguably one of the most prominent V.A.'s right now is Steven Blum, and he essentially uses the exact same voice for every role, including Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop, Roger Smith from Big O, Shishio Makoto from Rurouni Kenshin, etc., etc., etc.

Just think of it like any other actor. Live action actors have the same face in multiple roles, and plenty of voice actors have the same voice in multiple roles.

No Fun Shogun is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:54 AM
  #485
whiplash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 5,811
vCash: 500
You're cheating yourself out of the best animated show on network television. Bob's Burgers is amazing

whiplash is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 12:32 PM
  #486
Blueline Bomber
From the Blueline
 
Blueline Bomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 29,168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
I can't watch Bob's Burgers because of Benjamin's stupid inability to do different voices. I only want to associate that voice with Archer.
Benjamin's done so many voiceovers that you're simply depriving yourself of some comedy gold in many shows if you follow that rule.

Blueline Bomber is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 01:08 PM
  #487
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 48,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
Benjamin's done so many voiceovers that you're simply depriving yourself of some comedy gold in many shows if you follow that rule.
I might watch it after Archer gets canceled or "retires" but I just can't watch them simultaneously. It ruins Archer's character for me, while not letting me appreciate the character of Bob for not being Archer.

Kitten Mittons is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 01:57 PM
  #488
Dr Pepper
Registered User
 
Dr Pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 53,394
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
You're cheating yourself out of the best animated show on network television. Bob's Burgers is amazing
I've tried to like that show, really I have.

But there's not one likeable character on it.

I'm done trying.

__________________
RIP octopi and parabola.
Dr Pepper is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 01:58 PM
  #489
whiplash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 5,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
I might watch it after Archer gets canceled or "retires" but I just can't watch them simultaneously. It ruins Archer's character for me, while not letting me appreciate the character of Bob for not being Archer.
Out of curiosity, have you seen more than one episode? I can see where you're coming from and I'm not trying to force you to like it but despite the same voice, it's pretty easy to separate the two characters without ruining one or the other. The writing is completely different, the supporting casts are completely different and equally hilarious for different reasons.

Hopefully neither show is going anywhere for a while. Of course Bob's will probably get prematurely cancelled for some embarassingly inferior MacFarlane project to take it's place. Seriously, BB is the only show worth watching in that whole Sunday night block

whiplash is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 02:03 PM
  #490
yakitate304
Crunch Time
 
yakitate304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY
Country: St Lucia
Posts: 13,915
vCash: 500
I adore Bob's Burgers. Obviously H. Jon Benjamin is great, but the kids really make the show for me. Louise is a wildcard.

yakitate304 is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 02:12 PM
  #491
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 48,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
Out of curiosity, have you seen more than one episode? I can see where you're coming from and I'm not trying to force you to like it but despite the same voice, it's pretty easy to separate the two characters without ruining one or the other. The writing is completely different, the supporting casts are completely different and equally hilarious for different reasons.

Hopefully neither show is going anywhere for a while. Of course Bob's will probably get prematurely cancelled for some embarassingly inferior MacFarlane project to take it's place. Seriously, BB is the only show worth watching in that whole Sunday night block
Truthfully no but I adore Archer's character so much that I don't want anything to "spoil" it. It was like watching Dexter and Six Feet Under at the same time. First I'm seeing Dexter being a badass serial killer but the next thing I know he's a little whiner taking it up the butt. It ruins the character for me.

Kitten Mittons is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 02:31 PM
  #492
Blueline Bomber
From the Blueline
 
Blueline Bomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 29,168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
I adore Bob's Burgers. Obviously H. Jon Benjamin is great, but the kids really make the show for me. Louise is a wildcard.
Yeah, the kids are the best. They work like Kreiger works for Archer: Just random, insane oneliners thrown into a typical conversation.

Blueline Bomber is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 02:33 PM
  #493
HighAndTight
Pimp Squad For Life
 
HighAndTight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
Yeah, the kids are the best. They work like Kreiger works for Archer: Just random, insane oneliners thrown into a typical conversation.

HighAndTight is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 09:37 PM
  #494
Dolemite
The one...the only..
 
Dolemite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Washington DC
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 39,572
vCash: 500
I love that the season premiere continued with the running gags from the series. (Lana's Man hands)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
I might watch it after Archer gets canceled or "retires" but I just can't watch them simultaneously. It ruins Archer's character for me, while not letting me appreciate the character of Bob for not being Archer.
You're missing out on the best comedy on TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
Benjamin's done so many voiceovers that you're simply depriving yourself of some comedy gold in many shows if you follow that rule.
Venture Brothers FTW!!!

__________________
http://halfboards.com/
Follow along on Twitter: http://twitter.com/azvibesports
Dolemite is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 02:09 AM
  #495
HanSolo
Moderator
RIP, Leia
 
HanSolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Country: United States
Posts: 67,743
vCash: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
I love that the season premiere continued with the running gags from the series. (Lana's Man hands)



You're missing out on the best comedy on TV.
1.) Core concept?
2.) Not even. Archer+Workaholics+New Girl+Modern Family+Big Bang+Futurama
BB is so overrated.

HanSolo is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 02:15 AM
  #496
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 48,524
vCash: 500
New Girl? Bing Bang Theory? Funny? What? Are? You? Smoking? I? Want? It? I? Want? It? So? Bad?

Kitten Mittons is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 07:36 AM
  #497
4thline4life
Registered User
 
4thline4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
New Girl? Bing Bang Theory? Funny? What? Are? You? Smoking? I? Want? It? I? Want? It? So? Bad?
Same, it must be some primo **** to make new girl and big bang funny.

4thline4life is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 12:28 PM
  #498
HanSolo
Moderator
RIP, Leia
 
HanSolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Country: United States
Posts: 67,743
vCash: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIceman26 View Post
Same, it must be some primo **** to make new girl and big bang funny.
Maybe those two are debatable. I can see why people don't like those shows...I guess I find those shows funnier when I watch them with other people.

HanSolo is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 12:44 PM
  #499
kingsholygrail
that dog won't hunt
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 61,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag925 View Post
Apparently you aren't familiar with Dr. Katz or Home Movies, both of which preceeded Archer.
Don't forget Venture Bros. as he's the voice of Dr Orpheus's master.

kingsholygrail is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 01:06 PM
  #500
whiplash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 5,811
vCash: 500
I know it's weird but I let him do it. The problem is, I can taste my own geintals in my mouth

whiplash is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.