Notices

Begin

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2004, 05:24 PM
BBruins7719428

vCash: 500
Begin

I am sure that everyone here heard about Begin's comments regarding taking care of Joe. Personally, I am a little worried about Begin. He's exactly that type of player that gets under Joe's skin. He hustles, hits hard, and agitates and I have a feeling that he will do something to Joe...not sure what...but something. I am not in any way saying Joe couldn't take Begin and crumple him into a ball, but Begin seems like he's going to try to make a name for himself in this series. Your thoughts?

Old
04-05-2004, 05:28 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
my thoughts are to handle it the old fashioned way...

First make sure you are up by a few goals...
Then when the game isn't in question... call out the tough guy to Center Ice and beat the ever lovin' tar oughtta him.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
04-05-2004, 05:30 PM
Swervedriver

Send a message via MSN to Swervedriver
Being the leader Marty Lapointe is, I bet he'll make Begin eat his words.

Old
04-05-2004, 05:32 PM
sarge88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally
my thoughts are to handle it the old fashioned way...

First make sure you are up by a few goals...
Then when the game isn't in question... call out the tough guy to Center Ice and beat the ever lovin' tar oughtta him.
Oh how I wish that would happen! But alas it probably won't. What is more likely to happen is that Begin will throw some kind of cheap-shot, and Boynton or Joe will retaliate by hitting him clean and hard and they will get penalized for "an excessive show of emotion" or something.

Old
04-05-2004, 05:32 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Best thing that can happen is if Joe gets "woken up" right away in this series....Will Joe respond with goals or will he knock Begin's teeth out? That remains to be seen. Either way, Begin is going to lose out.

It's all part of the rivalry...I can't wait until Wednesday.

Old
04-05-2004, 05:35 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge88
Oh how I wish that would happen! But alas it probably won't. What is more likely to happen is that Begin will throw some kind of cheap-shot, and Boynton or Joe will retaliate by hitting him clean and hard and they will get penalized for "an excessive show of emotion" or something.
Please try to be more objective. In their last meeting Thornton hit Begin with a cheap shot and got thrown out of the game, not the other way around.

Old
04-05-2004, 05:40 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
Please try to be more objective. In their last meeting Thornton hit Begin with a cheap shot and got thrown out of the game, not the other way around.
When will the refs finally understand that the Habs are like those old Pontiac Fieros that explode every time they go over a bump? Every time a Bruin hits a Canadiens player it seems they crumble into pieces.....

Any truth to the rumor that the Habs are going to wear "FRAGILE" on the back of their helmets? I have tougher fine china than these guys.....

Old
04-05-2004, 05:41 PM
Eat It

Quote:
If they keep calling games like they did sunday, maybe Begin will get a 4 minute roughing for recieving.

Old
04-05-2004, 05:46 PM
ostiguy

Quote:
Please try to be more objective. In their last meeting, Thorton hit a smurf from the side who due to the smurf's lack of body mass got rolled face first into the boards, dropping to the ice and feigning death only to make an astonishing recovery within minutes.

Old
04-05-2004, 05:53 PM
Grapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostiguy
Please try to be more objective. In their last meeting, Thorton hit a smurf from the side who due to the smurf's lack of body mass got rolled face first into the boards, dropping to the ice and feigning death only to make an astonishing recovery within minutes.
well said

Old
04-05-2004, 05:55 PM
sarge88

Quote:

Ask anyone here, I am generally objective, however I can also be very facetious. I won't ever call that Thornton hit dirty or cheap because I don't find shoulder to shoulder hits to fit that description. However, if one Canadien's fan would come here and admit that Perreaults cross check to Joe's head was much worse than Joe's hit on Begin, it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by sarge88: 04-05-2004 at 05:58 PM.
Old
04-05-2004, 06:00 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervedriver
I agree. There won't be any cheapshot to Joe cause if there is, than the Bruins will too target the best Mtl player, Jose Theodore. Marty will be a key in this serie. He will keep everybody aware when he is on the ice. The same could be said with Green. Those two guys will have key roles in our victory! But Thornton is a big man who is able to take care of himself. What could Begin do to him? Dive again?

Go B's!

Old
04-05-2004, 06:02 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
actually Begin better look out for The Count...

that kid can lay a hurtin' on you when you least expect it.

Just one more reason to love that kid .

Old
04-05-2004, 06:03 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:

cry me a river
i see your getting your excuses out quite early.
and by no means is begin a dirty player he's a checking/agitator thats his role and he does it well.
as for your comment on the habs player who left for 5 minutes then came back that intentional hit from behind hurt his shoulder the same shoulder that kept him out of the line up for over 2 months.
lets not talk any more about what rolston or begin said lets hope for a great series, please!

Old
04-05-2004, 06:04 PM
chicpea*

Quote:
I don't know much about Boston fans opinion on Lapointe. Is he really considered a great leader by you guys? To be honest, I haven't seen him do that much over the last two years, but you'd know better than me.

p.s. I like Swervedriver too.

Old
04-05-2004, 06:07 PM
BubbaBoot

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing....the way Sullivan juggles the lines, I wouldn't be surprised to see Lapointe out there riding shotgun for Joe on some shifts

Old
04-05-2004, 06:19 PM
amazingcrwns

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
I don't know much about Boston fans opinion on Lapointe. Is he really considered a great leader by you guys? To be honest, I haven't seen him do that much over the last two years, but you'd know better than me.
Marty Lapointe has been a good leader for us. He hasn't put up numbers worthy of his salary over the last few years but make no mistake he is a leader for this team. One thing he's done is take in Patrice Bergeron for this season, he's opened his home up to the rookie and I have no doubt in my mind that all the time Lapointe has spent with Bergeron and all the little things he's done to help him (telling him that as a rookie after he hits someone to just skate away and not talk to the guy he just laid out) have been a big part of Bergeron's success this year. He does all the little things for this team and is one of those guys who acts as an enforcer without fighting. He's there and when he's on the ice the opponents don't take liberties with his linemates. I hope we do skate Marty with Joe for a few shifts during this series, it'll open up the ice for Joe and whoever the third guy out there is. I think Lapointe has been a much better player this year than he was for us the past 2 and I'm looking for him and Green both to play a big part in the playoffs this year.

Old
04-05-2004, 06:23 PM
Swervedriver

Send a message via MSN to Swervedriver
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea

p.s. I like Swervedriver too.

1. I have a girlfriend dude.

2. Marty Lapointe is a leader on and off the ice for the Bruins. He's part of the reason Patrice Bergeron is the player he is. Joe can take care of himself, but Sully has the last change in the 1st 2 games. The Habs send out Begin and Sully responds with Lapointe to bang and frustrate him. That's the type of player Lapointe is. He will police your big mouths and shut them up.

Sidenote to Wally: Good point about Bergeron. He's so solid and loves to hit guys. Ask any Sens fan.

Old
04-05-2004, 06:30 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
[QUOTE=Swervedriver

Sidenote to Wally: Good point about Bergeron. He's so solid and loves to hit guys. Ask any Sens fan. [/QUOTE]

AND he HATES the Habs !!!!

Momma and Pappa Bergeron raised their boy right !!!!!

Old
04-05-2004, 06:30 PM
chicpea*

Quote:
1. I have a girlfriend dude.
Shucks! heh, I meant the band Still, I hear you boston fans are always up for a good time.

Last edited by chicpea: 04-05-2004 at 06:52 PM.
Old
04-05-2004, 06:35 PM
sarge88

Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers

cry me a river
i see your getting your excuses out quite early.
and by no means is begin a dirty player he's a checking/agitator thats his role and he does it well.
as for your comment on the habs player who left for 5 minutes then came back that intentional hit from behind hurt his shoulder the same shoulder that kept him out of the line up for over 2 months.
lets not talk any more about what rolston or begin said lets hope for a great series, please!

I understand that english may not be your primary language. My comment was half truth half joke i.e. the penalty for "excessive emotion". Furthermore, I didn't say anything about Begin faking his injury. However, on that point, can you at least agree that Begin's "response" to the hit, down on one knee, arm immobilized, had some effect on the amount of time Joe got? Seriously, there were at least 3 hits in that game alone that were worse.

As for excuses, I've got none. If the B's don't win this series it will be because they didn't get the job done. End of story. They are the better team and should win, not easily, because it is the playoffs and the Habs are pretty good. But short of allowing Fraser to work every game of the series, there isn't any excuse that I can imagine would be credible to excuse a Bruins loss in this series. LOL

Old
04-05-2004, 06:39 PM
Habsent

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8
When will the refs finally understand that the Habs are like those old Pontiac Fieros that explode every time they go over a bump? Every time a Bruin hits a Canadiens player it seems they crumble into pieces.....

Any truth to the rumor that the Habs are going to wear "FRAGILE" on the back of their helmets? I have tougher fine china than these guys.....
I like it, you guys (and the Bruins players it seems) are as arrogant now as you were two years ago. Habs can't ask for more.

You can brag about how your team is better now than in 2002 but how about the Habs... Audette and Petrov are gone and Perreault isn't likely to play. So three smurfs are gone, replaced by Kovalev (he's semi-soft at 6'2 and 220), Ryder (6'1 and 210- grit and more grit) and Dagenais (6'5 and 220). Zednik and Bulis won't back down against anyone and can win their battles along the boards.

At the blue line, Souray (6'4, 225), Quintal (6'3 and 220), Rivet (6'2 and 215) can fight with anyone and Markov and Bouillon like the physical stuff. Only Brisebois is soft and it's not because he's a smurf (6'2 and 205).

Old
04-05-2004, 06:41 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBruins7719428
I am sure that everyone here heard about Begin's comments regarding taking care of Joe. Personally, I am a little worried about Begin. He's exactly that type of player that gets under Joe's skin. He hustles, hits hard, and agitates and I have a feeling that he will do something to Joe...not sure what...but something. I am not in any way saying Joe couldn't take Begin and crumple him into a ball, but Begin seems like he's going to try to make a name for himself in this series. Your thoughts?
Sean Avery tried this BS in LA early and Lapointe took him out; this is why Barnaby is so successful and will retire before 40 with millions in earnings- he is not a heavyweight but a tough sob who can play a bit an 'hunt/take care of the BS" of specifically the Begins of the world.

Old
04-05-2004, 06:43 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsent
I like it, you guys (and the Bruins players it seems) are as arrogant now as you were two years ago. Habs can't ask for more.

).

pssssst....don't tell anyone ,,,but this time.... we actually have a goalie...

Old
04-05-2004, 06:52 PM
amazingcrwns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally
pssssst....don't tell anyone ,,,but this time.... we actually have a goalie...
Hey Wally, that's a great rumor, I heard one that the Bruins have a legit #1 Defenseman, goes by the name of Gonchar.

Closed Thread