Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2004, 07:00 PM
WBC8

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsent
I like it, you guys (and the Bruins players it seems) are as arrogant now as you were two years ago. Habs can't ask for more.

You can brag about how your team is better now than in 2002 but how about the Habs... Audette and Petrov are gone and Perreault isn't likely to play. So three smurfs are gone, replaced by Kovalev (he's semi-soft at 6'2 and 220), Ryder (6'1 and 210- grit and more grit) and Dagenais (6'5 and 220). Zednik and Bulis won't back down against anyone and can win their battles along the boards.

At the blue line, Souray (6'4, 225), Quintal (6'3 and 220), Rivet (6'2 and 215) can fight with anyone and Markov and Bouillon like the physical stuff. Only Brisebois is soft and it's not because he's a smurf (6'2 and 205).
Please don't confuse arrogance with confidence. I'm on record as saying the Habs have a GREAT team this year. But I'm with Rolston....Bruins play their A game and it doesn't matter which version of the Habs shows up.

I wasn't here last time. I found this board after the Habs upset the Bruins, and I think this time will be different.

Old
04-05-2004, 07:07 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingcrwns
Hey Wally, that's a great rumor, I heard one that the Bruins have a legit #1 Defenseman, goes by the name of Gonchar.

shhhhh !!!!

they don't know that ...yet.

BOSTON STRONG !!!

Go Team Hoyt !
Old
04-05-2004, 07:08 PM
HockeyGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsent
I like it, you guys (and the Bruins players it seems) are as arrogant now as you were two years ago. Habs can't ask for more.

You can brag about how your team is better now than in 2002 but how about the Habs... Audette and Petrov are gone and Perreault isn't likely to play. So three smurfs are gone, replaced by Kovalev (he's semi-soft at 6'2 and 220), Ryder (6'1 and 210- grit and more grit) and Dagenais (6'5 and 220). Zednik and Bulis won't back down against anyone and can win their battles along the boards.

At the blue line, Souray (6'4, 225), Quintal (6'3 and 220), Rivet (6'2 and 215) can fight with anyone and Markov and Bouillon like the physical stuff. Only Brisebois is soft and it's not because he's a smurf (6'2 and 205).
Interestingly enough, I've seen a PLETHORA of Habs fans come onto this board and try stirring up crap several times a day for the past couple/few days. I've seen a PLETHORA of Habs fans on the Eastern Conference board reigning supreme in their own arrogance about how easily the Habs will be taking out the Bruins. I've seen a PLETHORA of Habs fans living in the past and using their "we've knocked you out of the playoffs 22 times!!!" when more than likely at least half of those same Habs fans probably weren't even an itch in their daddy's pants when many of those 22 times occurred. Can we PLEASE cut out all the juvenile garbage of "my team's better than your team"???? It's gotten REAL old.

If you bothered READING instead of writing your inciteful posts on the BRUINS board, you'd realize that there really aren't many Bruins fans who think this series will go any less than 6 or 7 games.

BOTH clubs are vastly improved over their respective teams two seasons ago. Theodore can win a series pretty much on his own should he end up more in the zone than Raycroft. Raycroft's lack of experience notwithstanding, however, the two 'tenders match up pretty well. The defensive corps of the two teams also match up pretty well. Ryder is a gem of a player, and will only get better. Bergeron is no slouch either, and is deceptively strong for a not-so-huge kid at 18 years old.

For those Habs fans who are convinced that Gonchar sucks defensively speaking, well, you keep on thinking that. You'd be wrong, but you're welcome to believe whatever you like. There are experienced playoff guys on both clubs. The Habs are quick and have a couple of snipers. The Bruins are pretty solid overall and have a couple of snipers as well. I think it's going to be a pretty evenly matched series for however long it ends up lasting.

Go Bruins, go Bruins, GO!!
Old
04-05-2004, 07:13 PM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBruins7719428
I am sure that everyone here heard about Begin's comments regarding taking care of Joe. Personally, I am a little worried about Begin. He's exactly that type of player that gets under Joe's skin. He hustles, hits hard, and agitates and I have a feeling that he will do something to Joe...not sure what...but something. I am not in any way saying Joe couldn't take Begin and crumple him into a ball, but Begin seems like he's going to try to make a name for himself in this series. Your thoughts?
The Habs putting Begin on Thornton is another blatant shadow job by a far inferior player. Shadowing is basically admitting to the opponent we aren't as good as you are, and the only way we can think of winning is if we shut player X (Thornton) down.......Pretty lame.

Old
04-05-2004, 07:20 PM
amazingcrwns

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8
The Habs putting Begin on Thornton is another blatant shadow job by a far inferior player. Shadowing is basically admitting to the opponent we aren't as good as you are, and the only way we can think of winning is if we shut player X (Thornton) down.......Pretty lame.
Yeah it sucks when someone tries to shadow a player in order to win a game. However this is the playoffs and every game is a dogfight. I expect both teams to do what it takes to try to win games, if that means shadowing Thornton every time he's on the ice then we just have to have the Samsanov Nylander Bergeron line step it up. That or put Lapointe with Thornton for a few shifts to try to counter Begin. Sometimes the best way to win a game isn't the most entertaining, but you have to do what works.

Old
04-05-2004, 07:22 PM
trenton1
Paille Good

The Habs fans keep harping on about how they have already beaten the Bruins in 2002 while simutaneously saying that they got rid of all of the garbage from that team and will be better suited to beat us now. Perhaps they fixed what wasn't broke.
I read some of these Hab fans posting that they are so much better off against the B's now because they rid themselves of "garbage" like Audette and Petrov and that Perrault will sit and Kovalev and Dagenais are the mighty replacements and this and that. Wait. In 2002 that "garbage" was a huge reason why the Habs beat the B's. Petrov and Audette were constantly buzzing around the Bruins defense and both put some key points up on the board and we had no one to match Perrault's mastery in the faceoff circle. Alexei "I don't know the system yet" Kovalev who has yet to score on a tended net in a Habs uniform and Dagenais who has been one of the most maligned Habs players (by his own fans) this whole year shouldn't be called better options just yet. But, yes, they certainly are taller.

Old
04-05-2004, 07:27 PM
TJF

Send a message via MSN to TJF
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoddess
Interestingly enough, I've seen a PLETHORA of Habs fans come onto this board and try stirring up crap several times a day for the past couple/few days. I've seen a PLETHORA of Habs fans on the Eastern Conference board reigning supreme in their own arrogance about how easily the Habs will be taking out the Bruins. I've seen a PLETHORA of Habs fans living in the past and using their "we've knocked you out of the playoffs 22 times!!!" when more than likely at least half of those same Habs fans probably weren't even an itch in their daddy's pants when many of those 22 times occurred. Can we PLEASE cut out all the juvenile garbage of "my team's better than your team"???? It's gotten REAL old.

Thank you HG, I was just about to say the samething, it's funny how it works isn't it, we get labeled as arrogant when thier the ones talking about Montreal beating Boston, hell even one of them said Montreal would sweep Boston over on the Eastern Conference board. It's much like the Begin and Ribiero comments and theRolston comment, to them Begin or Riberio aren't cocky but Rolston is

Old
04-05-2004, 07:32 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
Please try to be more objective. In their last meeting Thornton hit Begin with a cheap shot and got thrown out of the game, not the other way around.
Dude, it wasnt a cheap shot. They probably havent let Canadiens fans know this yet, but it is OK to check people in the NHL.

Oh, and pardon me for not giving a crap about what some 4th line hack has to say.

Old
04-05-2004, 07:35 PM
TJF

Send a message via MSN to TJF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz20
Dude, it wasnt a cheap shot. They probably havent let Canadian fans know this yet, but it is OK to check people in the NHL.

Oh, and pardon me for not giving a crap about what some 4th line hack has to say.
They know it wasn't a cheap shot but for some reason Montreal fans like to make things sound worse than they actually are. After the Thornton hit quite a few people over on thier board were confident that Thornton would be suspended, just one question for you guys, where was the suspension???

Old
04-05-2004, 07:36 PM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJF
They know it wasn't a cheap shot but for some reason Montreal fans like to make things sound worse than they actually are. After the Thornton hit quite a few people over on thier board were confident that Thornton would be suspended, just one question for you guys, where was the suspension???
They're still talking about Joe's "brutal" slash on Markov.....What about Nilan's cheap shot on Middleton?

Old
04-05-2004, 07:38 PM
HockeyGoddess

To listen to most Habs fans, Joe is the biggest cheapshot artist in the league, too.

Old
04-05-2004, 07:50 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoddess

If you bothered READING instead of writing your inciteful posts on the BRUINS board, you'd realize that there really aren't many Bruins fans who think this series will go any less than 6 or 7 games.

BOTH clubs are vastly improved over their respective teams two seasons ago. Theodore can win a series pretty much on his own should he end up more in the zone than Raycroft. Raycroft's lack of experience notwithstanding, however, the two 'tenders match up pretty well. The defensive corps of the two teams also match up pretty well. Ryder is a gem of a player, and will only get better. Bergeron is no slouch either, and is deceptively strong for a not-so-huge kid at 18 years old.

For those Habs fans who are convinced that Gonchar sucks defensively speaking, well, you keep on thinking that. You'd be wrong, but you're welcome to believe whatever you like. There are experienced playoff guys on both clubs. The Habs are quick and have a couple of snipers. The Bruins are pretty solid overall and have a couple of snipers as well. I think it's going to be a pretty evenly matched series for however long it ends up lasting.
"jefe, do you KNOW what a plethora is?"
HG- that's one of my all time favorite lines, and i loved seeing "plethora" used 3 times in ONE PARAGRAPH!!!

ps- anyone else getting sick of the montreal fans ALREADY? we haven't even played a game yet, and they are annoying the ever-living crap out of me

Old
04-05-2004, 07:53 PM
trenton1
Paille Good

At the Habs practice this morning one of the coaches put Rolston's "We will beat them" comments on the marker board for inspiration. Well, apparently Ribeiro came into the room, saw that the comments were in english only, screamed at Julien, told Dagenais to call La Presse BUT ONLY AFTER making him breakfast, then he stormed across the room and proceeded to throw a punch a Koivu on his way out.

j/k by the way

Old
04-05-2004, 07:56 PM
chicpea*

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton1
At the Habs practice this morning one of the coaches put Rolston's "We will beat them" comments on the marker board for inspiration. Well, apparently Ribeiro came into the room, saw that the comments were in english only, screamed at Julien, told Dagenais to call La Presse BUT ONLY AFTER making him breakfast, then he stormed across the room and proceeded to throw a punch a Koivu on his way out.
Now that's funny! I didn't know you guys had a sense of humoUr

Old
04-05-2004, 07:56 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton1

j/k by the way

did papa smurf fight back? or did brainy jump in and protect him?

Old
04-05-2004, 07:57 PM
trenton1
Paille Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
Now that's funny! I didn't know you guys had a sense of humoUr
thanks man we needed some fresh material---46 hours to go still.

Old
04-05-2004, 07:58 PM
nikrag03*

Send a message via MSN to nikrag03*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
Please try to be more objective. In their last meeting Thornton hit Begin with a cheap shot and got thrown out of the game, not the other way around.
If any one throws a cheap shot, it will be Thornton.

Old
04-05-2004, 08:02 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikrag03
Wow, thanks for the 411. Dont you people have your own board?

Old
04-05-2004, 08:05 PM
nikrag03*

Send a message via MSN to nikrag03*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz20
Wow, thanks for the 411. Dont you people have your own board?
Yeah I do but they all know he's a dirty player over there..

Old
04-05-2004, 08:08 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Yeah I do but they all know he's a dirty player over there..
You know, you are right. Thornton will throw the first cheap shot. The cheap shot's name will be Steve Begin and Thornton will throw him through the boards. Dont worry, I am sure the refs will feel sorry for the little guy and you will get your mandatory 2 minute PP to start the game.

Old
04-05-2004, 08:11 PM
Sonik

Ok for the cheap shots, but can Joe fight? The last time I saw him going at it, he got knocked out in the first round by Lindros...

He better stick to cheap shots IMO.

Old
04-05-2004, 08:22 PM
bb_fan

Quote:

right, and I am sure Joe was also just trying to break Perraults stick with his face.......

Hmmmm, lets see

Thronton whacks Marhkov with a stick,,,,,,,,,and we still have to hear about it and how cheap Thornton

Perrault cross checks Joe to face........Joe is still the dirty one.........

Joe checks Begin,,,,,,,,,,,,,Joe is still the dirty one........

Begin threatens to 'take care of Joe'.....and Joe is still the dirty one..........

Montreal fans (some) seem to think that all bruins fan are taking them lightly and think it will be great when the beat us in 5 games......yet we are the cocky ones........

Rolston says how the B's will win...........and he's classless and arrogant and what ever.......

What ever his name is says Mont could beat TOR or Bos.......but we are still the cocky and arrogant ones........

i see a pattern here...........

Mont has won more series against us,,,,including that 2002.....so of course they will again....and we are still the cocky ones.......and what are the twos record since the '88 series.......

Old
04-05-2004, 08:23 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonik
Ok for the cheap shots, but can Joe fight? The last time I saw him going at it, he got knocked out in the first round by Lindros...

this may be the funniest post i've ever read. if you actually watched the fight, you'll notice that hal gill knocked into joe and caused him to lose balance, which allowed big E to unload. i can pretty much guarantee that joe would TKO any member of the current montreal team save for maybe langdon, and i think joe would give him a pretty good scrap as well

Old
04-05-2004, 08:35 PM
BINGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonik

It's a shame that you don't get to watch more Bruins games.

Old
04-05-2004, 08:39 PM
HockeyGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by BINGO
It's a shame that you don't get to watch more Bruins games.
Nahhhh... the Habs fans are too busy watching their little angels and crying about how cheap Joe Thornton is to actually realize that their "little angels" give as good as they get. Those bleu, blanc et rouge glasses are superglued on, methinks.

Closed Thread