Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Begin

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2004, 08:57 PM
SToMper!

vCash: 500
I'm beginning to feel sorry for Hab fans. They really do have a complex.

Old
04-05-2004, 09:18 PM
sarge88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonik
Ok for the cheap shots, but can Joe fight? The last time I saw him going at it, he got knocked out in the first round by Lindros...

He better stick to cheap shots IMO.

Quick, name 2 Habs that could take either Joe or Lindros in a fight.
Nothing huh?

Don't worry, no one can come up with anyone.

Old
04-05-2004, 09:20 PM
BeantownBilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
i can pretty much guarantee that joe would TKO any member of the current montreal team save for maybe langdon, and i think joe would give him a pretty good scrap as well

How is Joe supposed to get a chance to TKO any member from the habs when they are too busy fighting each other???

Old
04-05-2004, 09:25 PM
nikrag03*

Send a message via MSN to nikrag03*
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoddess
Nahhhh... the Habs fans are too busy watching their little angels and crying about how cheap Joe Thornton is to actually realize that their "little angels" give as good as they get. Those bleu, blanc et rouge glasses are superglued on, methinks.
Ur right..What are we thinking ... Thonrton is a clean player who NEVER loses his temper or takes stupid penalties.

Old
04-05-2004, 09:28 PM
nikrag03*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan
right, and I am sure Joe was also just trying to break Perraults stick with his face.......

Hmmmm, lets see

Thronton whacks Marhkov with a stick,,,,,,,,,and we still have to hear about it and how cheap Thornton

Perrault cross checks Joe to face........Joe is still the dirty one.........

Joe checkes Begin,,,,,,,,,,,,,Joe is still the dirty one........

Begin threatens to 'take care of Joe'.....and Joe is still the dirty one..........

Montreal fans (some) seem to think that all bruins fan are taking them lightly and think it will be great when the beat us in 5 games......yet we are the cocky ones........

Rolston says how the B's will win...........and he's classless and arrogant and what ever.......

What ever his name is says Mont could beat TOR or Bos.......but we are still the cocky and arrogant ones........

i see a pattern here...........

Mont has won more series against us,,,,including that 2002.....so of course they will again....and we are still the cocky ones.......and what are the twos record since the '88 series.......

Joe SPEARED markov.. he didnt just whack him.
I didn;t see hwat Perrealt did but if he did what u sauid then yes it was a cheap shot but im sorry but Perreault isn;t the kind if guy who makes it a habit while Thornton is. Joe checked Begin from BEHIND,so yes that was dirty. Especially when Thornton is a guy who always complans about officialting and the way hockey is played. Rolston says Montreal is not even in the B'S league and htat they can't compete with them. So yes he's arrogant. But his comments don't bother me.. Let him talk.

Old
04-05-2004, 09:33 PM
HockeyGoddess

Whatever. I didn't say that Thornton has never lost his temper and taken stupid penalties.

What I *DID* say, however, is that nearly ALL Habs fans I've ever seen post on these boards think that Thornton is the cheapest/dirtiest player in the known universe (and likely the unknown universe as well!), while turning a COMPLETELY blind eye to their own players' equally CHEAP AND DIRTY PLAY.

As someone else said earlier on in this thread... Joe Thornton smashed his face into Yannic Perrault's stick, right? But Perrault is an angel, right? Maybe in an alternate universe, but not in this one.

Yep, Thornton tried to rip Koivu's head off... AFTER Koivu had given a nasty two-handed chop across Thornton's forearms. Stupid retaliatory penalty, you betcha. But your beloved "can do no wrong" captain is FAR from an angel. Frankly, all the diving, acting, and other such shenanigans that the Habs players partake in is EQUALLY as cheap as anything Joe Thornton has ever dished out to any Habs player, IMO.

Old
04-05-2004, 09:41 PM
HockeyGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikrag03
I didn;t see hwat Perrealt did but if he did what u sauid then yes it was a cheap shot but im sorry but Perreault isn;t the kind if guy who makes it a habit while Thornton is. Joe checked Begin from BEHIND,so yes that was dirty. Especially when Thornton is a guy who always complans about officialting and the way hockey is played. Rolston says Montreal is not even in the B'S league and htat they can't compete with them. So yes he's arrogant. But his comments don't bother me.. Let him talk.
Yep, Joe poked Markov in the tummy. And Markov put on an acting clinic then was just fine to play his next shift and the rest of the game. Joe checked Begin shoulder-to-shoulder, so no, it wasn't "dirty". Thornton was COASTING when he hit Begin, and the impact ROLLED Begin into the glass. Then Begin, the fine academy-award nominee that he is, played it up to the hilt, and... once again, was out there for his next shift and the rest of the game.

And so Joe should complain about the officiating. Not only does he have to lug his own 6'4", 225 lb. frame around the ice, but also the one or two other, smaller players that are usually draped all over him like a cheap suit. Thornton doesn't dive... he battles through all those damned drapers. If the officials actually called interference/holding penalties as they SHOULD be called, he very likely wouldn't be complaining.

The officiating has sucked ALL season long. It has been wholly inconsistent. What gets called against one team in any given game doesn't get called against the other team with any consistency/regularity.

Old
04-05-2004, 09:48 PM
Don Cherry*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonik
Ok for the cheap shots, but can Joe fight? The last time I saw him going at it, he got knocked out in the first round by Lindros...

He better stick to cheap shots IMO.
Funny, but the last time I saw him fight, Bryan Mcabe was on all fours while Joe pounded away.

Old
04-05-2004, 09:56 PM
bb_fan

Quote:

so what, Joe has had to defend himself a few times, so he is such a dirty player, heel he is worse tham PRobert could ever be.......but like most habs fans, you never see what Montreal players do.

So what, he hit hiom in the back of the SHOULDER. at worst give him the two minute penalty and move on.

Its just like certain fans to harp on that one MINOR play, when the crosscheck to Joe's HEAD was ten times worse (than that, or the love tap he gave MArhkov), along with the boarding non-call that Gonchar was on the receiving end of.

I really wonder what Joe did to the city of Montreal, because you guys harp on every little thing he does........

Last edited by HockeyGoddess: 04-06-2004 at 04:19 AM. Reason: baiting comment edited out
Old
04-05-2004, 10:01 PM
sarge88

Quote:
you live in fantasy land,,,,,,do u like it that much???

so what, Joe has had to defend himself a few times, so he is such a dirty player, heel he is worse tham PRobert could ever be.......but like most habs fans, you never see what Montreal players do.

So what, he hit hiom in the back of the SHOULDER. at worst give him the two minute penalty and move on.

Its just like certain fans to harp on that one MINOR play, when the crosscheck to Joe's HEAD was ten times worse (than that, or the love tap he gave MArhkov), along with the boarding non-call that Gonchar was on the receiving end of.

I really wonder what Joe did to the city of Montreal, because you guys harp on every little thing he does........

Easy, he's an Ontario boy playing for the Bruins. Kind of like a New Yorker playing for the Miami Dolphins to us Pats fans.

Old
04-05-2004, 10:03 PM
chicpea*

I actually like Joe Thornton, and you guys are generalising a bit too much. I don't go around calling all Bruins' fans idiots and bandwagoners. A lot of you seem like fairly rational and nice people (though there are exceptions...). Anyway, I do think Joe's hit was dirty. I don't think Joe is a regualarly dirty player though. I'd say he plays with "an edge" . As for Perrault's hit on Joe (just to shut bb_boy up ) yes, I think that was bad too, and should have got a penalty.

Old
04-05-2004, 10:06 PM
BeantownBilly

Quote:
you live in fantasy land,,,,,,do u like it that much???

Joe has done nothing to the city of Montreal, its all about jealousy....there isnt a Hab player or fan that wouldnt jump at the chance to have him on their team!!

Old
04-05-2004, 10:06 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge88
Easy, he's an Ontario boy playing for the Bruins. Kind of like a New Yorker playing for the Miami Dolphins to us Pats fans.

i gotta admit though, mayybe its late, maybe its the martinis, but you would think Joe Thornton is worse than Charles Manson on skates ever since he came into the league......i guess when you dont have a super star franchise player of your own........your tear down your the opponets your most envious of......

Old
04-05-2004, 10:09 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
I actually like Joe Thornton, and you guys are generalising a bit too much. I don't go around calling all Bruins' fans idiots and bandwagoners. A lot of you seem like fairly rational and nice people (though there are exceptions...). Anyway, I do think Joe's hit was dirty. I don't think Joe is a regualarly dirty player though. I'd say he plays with "an edge" . As for Perrault's hit on Joe (just to shut bb_boy up ) yes, I think that was bad too, and should have got a penalty.

hey hey hey, i take some exception tho that 'bb_boy' comment............i repspect your opinion of the hit, but i disagree, totally.

And to shut me up further, can you explain then why that hit garnishes so many threads, while two other hits (by montreal players) that were worse do not?

Old
04-05-2004, 10:16 PM
neelynugs

hey sarge- i don't know about you, but i'm still waiting to hear which montreal player is gonna beat up thornton

THE SILENCE IS DEAFENING

Old
04-05-2004, 10:19 PM
chicpea*

Quote:
hey hey hey, i take some exception tho that 'bb_boy' comment............
Heh, sorry about the 'bb_boy' jab, I was yust yoking.

Quote:
And to shut me up further, can you explain then why that hit garnishes so many threads, while two other hits (by montreal players) that were worse do not?
Simply, it's because I don't think they were worse than Joe's hit Just my opinion.

Old
04-05-2004, 10:27 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Heh, sorry about the 'bb_boy' jab, I was yust yoking.

Simply, it's because I don't think they were worse than Joe's hit Just my opinion.

i gotta ask then (and correct me if i am not explaining this throughly enough, as i lack credibility and all) and try to be objective, but if it were reversed, and Thronton had intentionally crosschecked Perrault in the face, and then Begin layed a hit on Joe, from behind, but on the shoulder, who would everyone montreal fan be talkiing about?

And would you, or your brethern, be screaming for a suspension for Joe?

Old
04-05-2004, 10:38 PM
H3ro

Isn't normal to hate the enemy's best player?

Calm down people, it's gonna be a hell of a series... Just wait until you have something to talk about

Old
04-05-2004, 10:47 PM
Swervedriver

Send a message via MSN to Swervedriver
Quote:
Shucks! heh, I meant the band Still, I hear you boston fans are always up for a good time.
I can see the next "good time" happening when we beat the Habs.

Old
04-05-2004, 10:50 PM
chicpea*

Quote:
i gotta ask then (and correct me if i am not explaining this throughly enough, as i lack credibility and all) and try to be objective, but if it were reversed, and Thronton had intentionally crosschecked Perrault in the face, and then Begin layed a hit on Joe, from behind, but on the shoulder, who would everyone montreal fan be talkiing about?

And would you, or your brethern, be screaming for a suspension for Joe?
All I say is that there are homers on every board. I try to be as fair here as I am on the ice (which is fair ).

Old
04-05-2004, 11:15 PM
Strafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJF
They know it wasn't a cheap shot but for some reason Montreal fans like to make things sound worse than they actually are. After the Thornton hit quite a few people over on thier board were confident that Thornton would be suspended, just one question for you guys, where was the suspension???
Quite a bunch of drama queens over there. It.s called the "big lie theory" if they keep repeating the same lie, over and over, more and more of them believe it to be gospel. Hopefully they try to climb that tall oak and shake his branches early on so they wake him up and he'll get on a roll early. Begin (head drama queen) needs to be watch a little closer by the leagues head of officiating, and the Oscars nomination commitee!

Old
04-05-2004, 11:15 PM
BBR

Yannick hit on Joe was because a boston player gave
the knee to a habs player.Yes it sould be panelty and the hit
on boston player from behind was a bad hit to.

Old
04-05-2004, 11:16 PM
nikrag03*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoddess
Yep, Joe poked Markov in the tummy. And Markov put on an acting clinic then was just fine to play his next shift and the rest of the game. Joe checked Begin shoulder-to-shoulder, so no, it wasn't "dirty". Thornton was COASTING when he hit Begin, and the impact ROLLED Begin into the glass. Then Begin, the fine academy-award nominee that he is, played it up to the hilt, and... once again, was out there for his next shift and the rest of the game.

And so Joe should complain about the officiating. Not only does he have to lug his own 6'4", 225 lb. frame around the ice, but also the one or two other, smaller players that are usually draped all over him like a cheap suit. Thornton doesn't dive... he battles through all those damned drapers. If the officials actually called interference/holding penalties as they SHOULD be called, he very likely wouldn't be complaining.

The officiating has sucked ALL season long. It has been wholly inconsistent. What gets called against one team in any given game doesn't get called against the other team with any consistency/regularity.
I guess u don't know how it feels being "poked" in the tummy.. . That was an intentional spear and they usually hurt like hell... And Begin isn't the type of player who fakes an injury..He WASN'T back for the next shift and it was a hit from behind..I can come up with weird theories too on how the "impact" of Perreault's stick went into a Bruins p[layers face . And I said it already, if he wants to complain, then he can't be a hypocrite which he is..

Old
04-05-2004, 11:19 PM
nikrag03*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownBilly
Joe has done nothing to the city of Montreal, its all about jealousy....there isnt a Hab player or fan that wouldnt jump at the chance to have him on their team!!
Yup I would love to have him cause of his talent,. but it doesn't change the fact that hes a dirty player..

Old
04-05-2004, 11:24 PM
Strafer

:lol
Quote:
Yup I would love to have him cause of his talent,. but it doesn't :lol change the fact that hes a dirty player..
:lol

Closed Thread