Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Begin

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2004, 11:27 PM
BruinsGirl

vCash: 500
For some reason Boston/Montreal games bring worst/best out of each team.

I am trying to think really hard by can't remember when any fan of other team complained about B's players playing dirty!!!!

I remember we had couple of heated years with Canes, mainly because of Sean Hill but that is it.

Maybe other fans complain less? I honestly don't know!

Old
04-05-2004, 11:27 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikrag03
I guess u don't know how it feels being "poked" in the tummy.. . That was an intentional spear and they usually hurt like hell... And Begin isn't the type of player who fakes an injury..He WASN'T back for the next shift and it was a hit from behind..I can come up with weird theories too on how the "impact" of Perreault's stick went into a Bruins p[layers face . And I said it already, if he wants to complain, then he can't be a hypocrite which he is..
Not really sure what game you were watching, but Begin was back on the ice less than two minutes later after the hit laughing and smiling...literally.

And this whole "hit from behind" is getting old... at best, it was a borderline boarding call, considering Thornton's angle he first came from. But it's pretty clear that he plastered Begin in the shoulder.

Old
04-05-2004, 11:34 PM
Bruin_Ron

Wow.. that was tiring to read. This stuff is getting old.

Old
04-05-2004, 11:38 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsent
I like it, you guys (and the Bruins players it seems) are as arrogant now as you were two years ago. Habs can't ask for more.

You can brag about how your team is better now than in 2002 but how about the Habs... Audette and Petrov are gone and Perreault isn't likely to play. So three smurfs are gone, replaced by Kovalev (he's semi-soft at 6'2 and 220), Ryder (6'1 and 210- grit and more grit) and Dagenais (6'5 and 220). Zednik and Bulis won't back down against anyone and can win their battles along the boards.

At the blue line, Souray (6'4, 225), Quintal (6'3 and 220), Rivet (6'2 and 215) can fight with anyone and Markov and Bouillon like the physical stuff. Only Brisebois is soft and it's not because he's a smurf (6'2 and 205).
I'm not to worried about Sheldon Souray For Getting Injured Again... he's had ONE good half season and Habs fans think he's the best thing along the blueline. I've even seen posts that go as far to say that Souray For Getting Injured Again is better than Gonchar. One good hit, and Souray will probably shatter. As Samuel Jackson said in the movie Unbreakable, " that's why all the kids called me Mr. Glass".

Old
04-05-2004, 11:41 PM
Pay_ola

Toronto Fans > Hab Fans

I always thought that Toronto fans were the worse of the bunch, you Hab fans are really starting to make Toronto fans look good.

Old
04-05-2004, 11:53 PM
nikrag03*

Send a message via MSN to nikrag03*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pay_ola
I always thought that Toronto fans were the worse of the bunch, you Hab fans are really starting to make Toronto fans look good.
The truth hurts doesn't it? Thornton is a dirty player. It's not our fault

Old
04-05-2004, 11:57 PM
nikrag03*

Send a message via MSN to nikrag03*
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants
Not really sure what game you were watching, but Begin was back on the ice less than two minutes later after the hit laughing and smiling...literally.

And this whole "hit from behind" is getting old... at best, it was a borderline boarding call, considering Thornton's angle he first came from. But it's pretty clear that he plastered Begin in the shoulder.
I was at the game... It was a dirty hit. and because Begin wasn't hurt seriously ur telling me he faked it at first? ok... thats ur opinion. He didn't hit him in the shoulder though, that's bs...

Old
04-06-2004, 12:08 AM
trenton1
Paille Good

Quote:
The truth hurts doesn't it? Thornton is a dirty player. It's not our fault

Old
04-06-2004, 03:11 AM
MattScott

Send a message via MSN to MattScott
I'd consider Thornton a dirty player, but that doesn't change the fact that he's one of the best in the game, heck, come playoff time it probably just makes him better. As for Begin, the guy's got a ton of heart and pride, he did not dive on the hit. To see fellow Habs fans whining about the Bruins being dirty is kind of embarressing, this is hockey here, and it's the playoffs, you do what it takes to win, regardless of whether or not it's dirty.

I'd also like to note that Souray has had more than one good half a season, he had an amazing playoff series aswell Against your very own Bruins, with a broken wrist at the time I might add... He obviously doesn't have the offensive talent of Gonchar, but even as underrated defensively as Sergei is, Souray has the edge when it comes to his own end.

Now for the guy who had that amazing rumour, the Bruins have a real #1 goalie now... I'm pretty sure Byron Dafoe was supposed to be one of the league's top goalies back in 02... With his 35 wins, 2.21 GAA and .907 SV% he really wasn't far off golden boy Raycroft's numbers this year. Regular season means squat, you don't have a real #1 goalie until Raycroft proves it. I have no doubt he'll one day become a playoff proven goalie, but seriously, he hasn't proven it yet. So bring it on

Here's to a hard fought series, with as little whining about refereeing or cheap shots as possible.

Old
04-06-2004, 03:24 AM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Time for party !!

Old
04-06-2004, 03:57 AM
JOHNNY V

PUMP UP THE VOLUME :gman:

GO GO

Old
04-06-2004, 05:12 AM
BMRBruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNNY V
PUMP UP THE VOLUME :gman:

GO GO

Damn Johnny, you're pretty pumped for someone who's up at 5AM

Old
04-06-2004, 05:53 AM
KC23

Quote:
I was at the game... It was a dirty hit. and because Begin wasn't hurt seriously ur telling me he faked it at first? ok... thats ur opinion. He didn't hit him in the shoulder though, that's bs...
Wow, I am amazed at this thread. Are there Vision Worlds in Montreal? Oh well, I guess Joe was on the grassy knoll too.

Old
04-06-2004, 06:35 AM
TMac21
Retooled for 2014

Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
Here's hoping Joe beats the Habs on the scoreboard all series and then in game six when the series is wrapped up shuts Begin's mouth for him.

Old
04-06-2004, 06:58 AM
mcphee

OOOhhhh, I hate Thornton, he's so dirty. Anybody know if he'll be a UFA soon ?

Old
04-06-2004, 07:04 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonik
Ok for the cheap shots, but can Joe fight? The last time I saw him going at it, he got knocked out in the first round by Lindros...

He better stick to cheap shots IMO.
Ask Bryan McCabe.

Old
04-06-2004, 07:16 AM
Mad-Marcus

Haven't seen a hockey player worth a damn that didn't have a dirty streak to him.

Oh, what's his name, that got suspended for attacking a guy in the playoffs and causing rioting in some French Canadian shanty.

OH, Maurice Richard! That's the ticket. Boy he was the poster boy for clean play! :lol

Old
04-06-2004, 07:25 AM
HockeyGoddess

Quote:
I was at the game as well. It was a shoulder-to-back-of-shoulder hit. Begin rolled into the boards for the faceplant and Oscar-worthy acting job afterward. You may as well just deal with it. You may get wild and enthusiastic support for your claim of a 'dirty hit' on the Habs board, but it's highly unlikely you'll get any agreement from any B's fan on this board.

Old
04-06-2004, 07:38 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Marcus
Haven't seen a hockey player worth a damn that didn't have a dirty streak to him.

Oh, what's his name, that got suspended for attacking a guy in the playoffs and causing rioting in some French Canadian shanty.

OH, Maurice Richard! That's the ticket. Boy he was the poster boy for clean play! :lol
The Rocket went to his grave claiming innocence on that one. It actually happened with about a week to go in the season, against the damn Bruins. He was fighting Hal Laycoe when [and there have been conflicting accounts] Laycoe got loose for a punch when the linesman had Richard tied up.Richard then apparently slugged the official. He claims to have swung at Laycoe and didn't know what happened. I suspect that after the punch, Richard lost it, as he was well known for doing. There were stories of Richard breaking sticks over Laycoe in retaliation for something, but I don't know, this occurred around the time of my conception. Richard was hated in the league office as he was known for avenging cheap shots. As a top scorer, I'd imagine he faced a lot of abuse and settled his own battles. When this happened, 5 league owners told Campbell, it was time to teach this guy a lesson. The riot occurred when he got the same suspension as Bertuzzi. On a side note, the Habs didn't win it without him, but won the next 5.
I've thought for awhile that part of Thornton growing into a leader would be some controlled emotion, and I suspect that a lot of you agree with that.
Like or hate the comments going back and forth, at least we all care. You think the Tampa/NYI fans are going tooth and nail like this ?

Old
04-06-2004, 07:50 AM
Mad-Marcus

Richard was a fierce warrior that policed his own game. There's nothing wrong with that. Infact hockey's gone downhill in my opinion since the league no longer allows guys to police themselves.

Hell, You guys had Chris Nilan, A Boston boy!, that was as dirty as it comes so remember your own history and stop whinning.

Old
04-06-2004, 07:54 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Marcus
Richard was a fierce warrior that policed his own game. There's nothing wrong with that. Infact hockey's gone downhill in my opinion since the league no longer allows guys to police themselves.

Hell, You guys had Chris Nilan, A Boston boy!, that was as dirty as it comes so remember your own history and stop whinning.
I could tell you Nilan stories to fill a book, few of them board suitable. I was told that the contracter who built Nilan's house in Mtl. was a Bruin fan and left out the insulation on one side of the house. No idea, if it was true, but that's what I was told.

Old
04-06-2004, 08:08 AM
Lady Rhian
St. McQuaid he aint

vCash: 400
Hab fans, beware of the "quiet" ones. Muzz and Knuble may not be a fighters nor dirty players, but if Begin goes through with his cheerful threat, Muzz and Knuble could very well suprise both Boston and Montreal fans and go loco on him.

Old
04-06-2004, 08:29 AM
Jeff from Maine

Gotta Love This

Well, I wont get into the rhetoric, I`ll just stick to opinions:

1. Thornton isnt a cheapshot artist, although he is known to use his stick from time to time.

2. Begin isnt a diver or cheapshot artists....just a tough kid who knows he has a job to do, Like Thornton, will use his stick from time to time.

3. Nobody knows if Begin "faked" anything. If he did, it is without question FAR outr of his character, though it appeared to us that he may have.

4. Thornton didnt try to hurt Begin, though it appeared at the time that he did.

5. Begin will try to do his best Madden job on Thornton.

6. I hope like heck that Lapointe isnt matched up with Begin...we need Marty in other situations than "policing" the opponents checking line forwards.

Later

Old
04-06-2004, 08:32 AM
wensink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff from Maine
Well, I wont get into the rhetoric, I`ll just stick to opinions:

1. Thornton isnt a cheapshot artist, although he is known to use his stick from time to time.

2. Begin isnt a diver or cheapshot artists....just a tough kid who knows he has a job to do, Like Thornton, will use his stick from time to time.

3. Nobody knows if Begin "faked" anything. If he did, it is without question FAR outr of his character, though it appeared to us that he may have.

4. Thornton didnt try to hurt Begin, though it appeared at the time that he did.

5. Begin will try to do his best Madden job on Thornton.

6. I hope like heck that Lapointe isnt matched up with Begin...we need Marty in other situations than "policing" the opponents checking line forwards.

Later
I agree on all points.

The only thing that I'd add is that Joe must be able to play through any distractions.

If the B's hope to advance, Joe (and several others) have to bring their "A" game

Old
04-06-2004, 08:47 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wensink
I agree on all points.

The only thing that I'd add is that Joe must be able to play through any distractions.

If the B's hope to advance, Joe (and several others) have to bring their "A" game
You know the thing that is really stupid is that Rolston said nothing boastful or provocative, nor did Begin say anything threatening. Everything's gone tabloid though. A Montreal radio guy was talking about it. If a reporter asks a player if he beats his children and the player answers in the negative, you have the headline,'------------ denies beating his children'

Closed Thread