HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PS #3 - 09.18.09 | NY Rangers @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:30 PM - MSG (HD)

Old
09-18-2009, 11:17 PM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan444 View Post
Watched the game late but just came in here to say the exact same thing. Both looked fantastic.

I think Voros-Boyle-Brash will be our 4th line.
I think Voros is the spare forward

I came out of the game thinking these are the lines

Prospal, Dubi, Gaborik....none played the Detroit Game

Higgins, Drury, Callahn..I really like that combo

Lisin, Anisimov, Kotalik..the kids were flying, dont rush Grach. he will be good in time. By in time I mean a call up mid season

Avery, Boyle, Brashear....Avery Skated with Crowder who is going to Hartford and Parenteau likely going down. I really think he is starting on that line

I also want to say Parenteau looked good. He will be a tough one to cut

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 11:21 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
Heikkenen has been pretty solid. He has not been too noticeable defensively, but thats usually not a bad thing. So far I get the feeling its gonna come down to Sanguinetti and Heikkenen for the final spot.
I agree but from this game its Heikkinen.........Sangs just made some bone brain D plays and the coaches on the bench told him about it. Potter also made some rough plays

Staal, Girardi
Redden, Gilroy
Heikkinen Rozsival ,Semenov

holy crap Hartford would have

Kundratek, Williams
Sangunetti, Sauer
Henley, Potter

Old
09-18-2009, 11:22 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I think Voros is the spare forward

I came out of the game thinking these are the lines

Prospal, Dubi, Gaborik....none played the Detroit Game

Higgins, Drury, Callahn..I really like that combo

Lisin, Anisimov, Kotalik..the kids were flying, dont rush Grach. he will be good in time. By in time I mean a call up mid season

Avery, Boyle, Brashear....Avery Skated with Crowder who is going to Hartford and Parenteau likely going down. I really think he is starting on that line

I also want to say Parenteau looked good. He will be a tough one to cut
Careful, the Avery worshipers will come out of the woodwork to tell you how horrible you are for saying Avery fits on the 4th line due to the structure of the team.

I could live with those lines if Grachev is sent to Hartford.

Although, he has been as good as anyone and earned a spot.

I'd like to see if Prospal can handle that kind of ice time, though.

If i had the choice of Kotalik or Prospal on the top line, i'd probably go with Kotalik. If nothing else he can take passes from Gaborik (who is an underrated passer). But i understand why you put each where they are. Anisimov is a good passer and so is Lisin. And prospal is a good passer himself. SO that could benefit Gaborik and Dubinsky.

I like it.

Last edited by SupersonicMonkey*: 09-18-2009 at 11:28 PM.
SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 11:28 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
I agree but from this game its Heikkinen.........Sangs just made some bone brain D plays and the coaches on the bench told him about it. Potter also made some rough plays

Staal, Girardi
Redden, Gilroy
Heikkinen Rozsival ,Semenov

holy crap Hartford would have

Kundratek, Williams
Sangunetti, Sauer
Henley, Potter
i think sangs game is more of what torts wants in his defense. he was excellent at breaking up plays in the neutral zone and holding the blueline imo. he made a couple of dumb passes in the d-zone but thought his coverage was pretty good. i think sangs offensive instincts and puck movement are going to go a long way for him making this team because we still lack great scoring from the forwards and our defenseman arent the best at shutting players down outside of staal. sangs also made some good plays in the limited PP time he saw, and id imagine torts was less then impressed with the redden rozy combo out there.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 11:34 PM
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Yea but then don't ram the "accountability" crap down our throats then.

If its not a REAL possibility and no vet's job is actually not guaranteed, then don't say it.

Its all BS from him. And that means he's full of crapola about his "I'm not into BS I'm about results" speach.

If he practiced what he preached then all of this stuff would apply to the vets, not just the rookies.

When he talks about "accountability" and earning playing time, what he really means is he has no prolem benching rooks.

The day this guy scratches or benches Redden and Rozsival for bad play and bad effort, is the day pigs fly.

Punish those two clowns for their HORRIBLE play and effort.

REWARD Gilroy, Del Zotto, Anisimov, Grachev, and Lisin for their good play.
I agree completely, but things are not going to change until October.

Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 11:47 PM
Slick Rick 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Yea but then don't ram the "accountability" crap down our throats then.

If its not a REAL possibility and no vet's job is actually not guaranteed, then don't say it.

Its all BS from him. And that means he's full of crapola about his "I'm not into BS I'm about results" speach.

If he practiced what he preached then all of this stuff would apply to the vets, not just the rookies.

When he talks about "accountability" and earning playing time, what he really means is he has no prolem benching rooks.

The day this guy scratches or benches Redden and Rozsival for bad play and bad effort, is the day pigs fly.

Punish those two clowns for their HORRIBLE play and effort.

REWARD Gilroy, Del Zotto, Anisimov, Grachev, and Lisin for their good play.
I wholeheartedly agree with you. As you can tell by my avatar I'm a big Redden supporter/fan, however watching him get outmuscled by Abdelkader on that 4th goal was disgusting. He just simply attempted to lift his stick, and get a hold of him, and got pushed right off. Also, on the 3rd goal (IIRC it was Grachev who got tangled up and coughed the puck up at the line), Redden had gone in to pinch, lost the race to the puck, didn't get his man, and to boot was down on the ice while the Wings had that 2 on 1.

This is why I don't want 2 rookie D in the top 6, also. Look what he did to Sauer last year in Pittsburgh when he was -2 in 2 mins of ice time. On one of the goals Sauer lost his man who scored on a tap in. Last thing we need is him benching 21 year olds and going crazy, but not following suit with veterans.

Torts isn't just going to win me over easily. He's going to have to stick to his word, and work to impress me. I'll believe it when I see him follow through on what he says.

Slick Rick 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 11:54 PM
glees68
la di da di

Send a message via AIM to glees68
If Del Zotto doesn't make the team, I will be heavily disappointed.

Staal, Girardi
Redden, Gilroy
Del Zotto, Rozsival

By the way, does anybody else think Del Zotto has the potential to be as good as or even better than Dan Boyle?

glees68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 11:56 PM
Declan
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan444 View Post
I think Voros-Boyle-Brash will be our 4th line.
If they keep playing like they did tonight that's what I'd say. I think that the only question is Voros IMO Brashear and Boyle are now a lock

Declan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 11:58 PM
Declan
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back Avery View Post
I think that there's still a large possibility they send DZ back to JRs for one more year so that they don't use up a year of contract eligibility. I think he's definitely NHL ready based on the games I've seen him play but I think Torts might go w/ a vet (Semenov) and another young player along with Gilroy (who is a lock)

Old
09-18-2009, 11:58 PM
acapps10

the line of lisin-anisimov-grachev features our highest skilled players other than gaborik, it doesnt make sense for all 3 of these guys to not make the team, especially on a team that lacks top end talent

acapps10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 12:01 AM
glees68
la di da di

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan View Post
I think that there's still a large possibility they send DZ back to JRs for one more year so that they don't use up a year of contract eligibility. I think he's definitely NHL ready based on the games I've seen him play but I think Torts might go w/ a vet (Semenov) and another young player along with Gilroy (who is a lock)
I don't know. Didn't Torts say he wanted to be able to use 2 rookie d-men this year?

Old
09-19-2009, 12:02 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
If they keep playing like they did tonight that's what I'd say. I think that the only question is Voros IMO Brashear and Boyle are now a lock
I agree.......I think Avery gets that spot on the 4th line and will be bumped up from time to time to cause caos

I think Voros gets the spare spot but I will say Parenteau looked pretty good 2nite

I would not rush Grachev even though he has looked good and replace him with Kotalik.............I did have thoughts of Gaborik on that line too. Would be dynomite in time

So when are the next cuts?. Sunday?

Old
09-19-2009, 12:03 AM
Declan
HFB Partner

Quote:
I don't know. Didn't Torts say he wanted to be able to use 2 rookie d-men this year?
Yeah, but look how many rookies are still left on the roster besides MDZ who don't have JR eligibility. I hope he makes the team but I see Sather sending him back

Old
09-19-2009, 12:15 AM
glees68
la di da di

Quote:
Yeah, but look how many rookies are still left on the roster besides MDZ who don't have JR eligibility. I hope he makes the team but I see Sather sending him back
I hope your completely wrong, but you're probably right.

Old
09-19-2009, 12:16 AM
Slick Rick 61

Quote:
He's almost definitely going back. Expect a huge season out of him with London.

Old
09-19-2009, 12:20 AM
Blazephr

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrangersfan1416 View Post
Look what he did to Sauer last year in Pittsburgh when he was -2 in 2 mins of ice time. On one of the goals Sauer lost his man who scored on a tap in. Last thing we need is him benching 21 year olds and going crazy, but not following suit with veterans.
that was Paul Mara...not Redden.

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 12:24 AM
Blazephr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Who would you guys compare Anisimov to now that you've seen him?

EDIT: By seen him I mean more than just watching highlights and him being called up for 1 game last season
datsyuk

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 12:24 AM
Slick Rick 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
that was Paul Mara...not Redden.
Yeah, I know. Separated the points because they were different. That had nothing to do with Redden.

Old
09-19-2009, 12:25 AM
Pizza

That goal by AA was just great hockey from one end of the ice to the other.

The great play to start the rush and then his hustle to get back up ice for the finish.

Just solid, solid hockey.

Kids a player me thinks.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 12:37 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Gilroy, Heikkinen is still 2 rooks with Semenov coming in for Heikkinen here and their. Sauer , Sangs, Potter would still be on call

I see what people mean by saying Grachev should be on the team given his skill set...............thing is I just dont see who they can cut for him to get ice time

If Dubinsky is signed and we all hope he is then Grachev has to start in Hartford

Old
09-19-2009, 12:38 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
By the way, does anybody else think Del Zotto has the potential to be as good as or even better than Dan Boyle?
If not better, better sooner. Boyle is top shelf now but he didn't break into NHL until he was 24 and didn't break out as an offensive player until two years later. MDZ has a heck of a chance to make the NHL as a 19-year-old and worse case, I think he gets 9 games. I love the guy.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 01:17 AM
dank

did not see the game tonight but,

am very happy about Artem, awesome, was always high on him.

would not mind at all if Grachev plays in Hartford, plays hard, a lot of minutes, learns, develops and only gains more experience. his case is where he COULD play here in NY but could only gain in experience and confidence in HFD and then come up.

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 01:30 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:

Staal, Girardi
Redden, Gilroy
Del Zotto, Rozsival

If they allow him to develop and not rush him into the NHL then sure. 1 year juniors, let him dominate juniors and eat up 30 minutes. 1 year AHL, let him adjust to the pro level. 21 year old MDZ makes the NHL and has a fantastic rookie season.

During those 2 years Gilroy, Sauer, Sangs all get their shot and get to develop into NHL defenseman.

Truthfully, if we didnt have so many defensive prospects (and good ones)...he probably could make the team. But thats not the case and I dont see the Rangers throwing him into the fire if they don't have to. They like to progress the prospects slow recently which i'm all for (with the exception of our stud Staal). This also goes for Grachev. Which is why I highly doubt he will start the season with the Rangers.

Last edited by FLYLine24: 09-19-2009 at 01:37 AM.
FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 01:33 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Gilroy, Heikkinen is still 2 rooks with Semenov coming in for Heikkinen here and their. Sauer , Sangs, Potter would still be on call

I see what people mean by saying Grachev should be on the team given his skill set...............thing is I just dont see who they can cut for him to get ice time

If Dubinsky is signed and we all hope he is then Grachev has to start in Hartford
Even without Dubi I can't see where Grachev is going to fit. Avery isn't going on the forth line as much as one or two would love to see that, and I think Lisin has proved he can bring some nice offense to any of the top 3 lines so its a waste to put him on the 4th.

We have too many forwards. We shouldnt have signed Kotalik...but then again we will have plenty of depth if a player gets injured.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 01:57 AM
blu4life18

HAven'r read every single post here, but Avery is NOT a 4th liner.

blu4life18 is offline   Reply With Quote