04-04-2004, 11:10 PM
Tim O'Reilly

vCash: 500
I HATE the Canadiens!

I hate them!
I hate them!
I hate them!

I hate the way they get all the breaks from the refs

I hate it when Hockey Night in Canada gets all mushy when they win and say they are a great team and what a suprise that they are doing so well, blah-blah-blah...

I hate the fact that the media in Canada will NOT talk about how good the Bruins are, BUT how they are going to have trouble with the smurfs, not the other way around...........

And I hate the fact that I will not be able to talk to my dad, two brothers and brother in law until this series is over because they are stinking Habs fans!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! That felt good!

OK, who's next...........???????????????

Old
04-04-2004, 11:19 PM
Rage

First post.... long time reader.

All i have to say is I agree with you....I HATE THEM!!!!!!!!!!

Old
04-04-2004, 11:23 PM
Tim O'Reilly

.....now, I must say there are parts of them I like, such as Quintal and Souray, Ryder as well............. but all in all, its pretty big hate!

Old
04-04-2004, 11:24 PM
Tim O'Reilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage
First post.... long time reader.

All i have to say is I agree with you....I HATE THEM!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome Rage!

Enjoy your hate...................errrrrrr................ time on the board!!!!

Old
04-04-2004, 11:27 PM
Gator Mike

Hate is a strong, strong word...

...but I think it might apply here.

Old
04-04-2004, 11:32 PM
Tim O'Reilly

OK, hate the team generally.

Truth be told, I would NEVER want to see a Canadien seriously injured.

Never. That just lacks class.

Old
04-04-2004, 11:38 PM
rockon83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim O'Reilly

Exactly. Hate them, as in they should do bad. I would never want anyone to be hurt.

Old
04-05-2004, 12:00 AM
amazingcrwns
IBelieveThatWeWilWin

Absolutely. As much as I want to see the Bruins skate circles around the Habs and embarrass them in 4 games I would not want to see anybody get a serious injury. Everybody on the ice is a person with a family and no matter what emotions come into this series I would hope that if a player is unfortunately injured that everybody realizes that these people have lives outside of hockey.

With that said: I too hate the habs and I am excited at this opportunity to knock them out of the playoffs. May the rivaly between these teams continue to grow until it reaches the levels of the Red Sox Yankees rivalry. Rivalries are great for sports, they bring more fans to the games and the excitement from the fans leads to more people following this sport we all love. Now let's go show those smurfs what a real hockey team looks like.

Old
04-05-2004, 12:13 AM
TJF

Send a message via MSN to TJF
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockon83
Exactly. Hate them, as in they should do bad. I would never want anyone to be hurt.
I completly agree, hoping for a clean series with no one seriously hurt but at the sametime I think it's safe to say that the second one of our players hits one of the Habs smaller players their fans will all be coming on here screaming bloody murder.

But here's hoping for agreat series between to storied franchises.

Old
04-05-2004, 12:17 AM
Bruin_Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJF
I completly agree, hoping for a clean series with no one seriously hurt but at the sametime I think it's safe to say that the second one of our players hits one of the Habs smaller players their fans will all be coming on here screaming bloody murder.

But here's hoping for agreat series between to storied franchises.

You're right..

and I hope the memo has been sent out to our B's: don't sneeze next to Koivu or you'll be called for roughing. Especially don't sneeze three times in a row next to Koivu because you'll also be called for charging

Old
04-05-2004, 12:22 AM
greyboy67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim O'Reilly

Habs fan here from Vermont (but live and die with the Sox; can't explain the schizophrenia there). My sentiments exactly concerning injuries. And I want to see Thornton play; bring on your best.

Statistically, the two teams are similar, but the styles are very different. If Theodore is on, it should be a tremendous series. Low-scoring with a couple of overtimes.

It's been a great rivalry between two storied franchises and I'm happy to see it continue.

Old
04-05-2004, 12:27 AM
Lady Rhian
St. McQuaid he aint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin_Ron
You're right..

and I hope the memo has been sent out to our B's: don't sneeze next to Koivu or you'll be called for roughing. Especially don't sneeze three times in a row next to Koivu because you'll also be called for charging
:lol

Old
04-05-2004, 12:28 AM
Bruin_Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyboy67
Habs fan here from Vermont (but live and die with the Sox; can't explain the schizophrenia there). My sentiments exactly concerning injuries. And I want to see Thornton play; bring on your best.

Statistically, the two teams are similar, but the styles are very different. If Theodore is on, it should be a tremendous series. Low-scoring with a couple of overtimes.

It's been a great rivalry between two storied franchises and I'm happy to see it continue.
Welcome greyboy67.. I mentioned this during the last Habs-Bruins game thread... if the Bruins can get moving down low with the puck and then walk into the slot or simply create chances from the slot.. they can score. Koivu is horrible in his own end.. another area to capitalize on for us

Old
04-05-2004, 12:53 AM
polarslam

I hate the Habs for being the greatest franchise in NHL history, for having the most chamionships, the most hall of famers etc etc etc. How dare they make a mockery of the Bruins season after season since the days of orginal six! The Habs are so mean, maybe if the Bruins are lucky the Habs might lose one game in this series out of pity.

Old
04-05-2004, 01:03 AM
amazingcrwns
IBelieveThatWeWilWin

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarslam
I hate the Habs for being the greatest franchise in NHL history, for having the most chamionships, the most hall of famers etc etc etc. How dare they make a mockery of the Bruins season after season since the days of orginal six! The Habs are so mean, maybe if the Bruins are lucky the Habs might lose one game in this series out of pity.

History is important, but has no relevance in comparing these 2 nhl teams in the 2004 playoffs. That's like arguing that the Celtics are going to go all the way this year because they have 16 NBA championships. What matters this year in this playoff series is (Aside from the Refs)

Knuble, Thornton, Murray
Samsanov, Nylaner, Bergeron
Axelsson, Rolston, Lapointe
Zamuner, Green, Donato

Gonchar, O'Donnell
Boynton, McGillis
Slegt, Gill

Raycroft
Potvin

Mike Sullivan

Bulis, Koivu, Zednik
Ryder, Perreault, Kovalev
Dagenais, Ribeiro, Sundstrom
Begin, Dowd, Ward

Souray, Quintal
Markov, Rivet
Bouillon, Brisebois

Theodore
Garon

Claude Julien

Old
04-05-2004, 01:04 AM
Sonik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Any Bruins Fan
I hate the Habs... blah blah blah... .... refs are against us... ... I wish they'd hurt themselves... blah blah blah... Smurfs are losers...
:lol

Old
04-05-2004, 01:17 AM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarslam
I hate the Habs for being the greatest franchise in NHL history, for having the most chamionships, the most hall of famers etc etc etc...

You do?

I thought you were a huge Hab-head.

Seriously though, I respect you. I didn't Canadien fans could speak english.

Old
04-05-2004, 01:21 AM
polarslam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe

Seriously though, I respect you. I didn't (sic...) Canadien fans could speak english.

Well it's pretty clear that the basics of the English language still elude your understanding....

Old
04-05-2004, 01:22 AM
TJF

Send a message via MSN to TJF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Any Habs Fan

La La La, I love smurfs
La La La, 24 cups means we'll win it this year
La La La, I love smurfs
La La La, Zednik scored 8 points in 4 games 2 years ago
La La La, I love smurfs
La La La, McLaren should have been charged with murder
La La La, I love smurfs
La La La, Our Goalie sold drugs when he was 10
La La La, I love smurfs
La La La, Joe Thornton is dirty but if he were a Hab he'd be God
La La La, I love smurfs
La La La, Mike Komisarek is the best prospect in the world because he only started playing hockey at an older age when other kids started playing earlier
La La La, I love smurfs
La La La, Joseph Balej used to be a great prospect until he was traded to the Rangers
La La La, I love smurfs

Old
04-05-2004, 01:27 AM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

I actually don't feel that the word " hate " adequately describes how I feel towards the Montreal Canadiens. :mad: I grew up in the land of the Dark Side and was force fed this glorious franchise crap and was constantly reminded about how many Hab fans feel that it is simply their divine right to win the Cup every year.
Maybe my view as a Bruin fan is also one-sided but I was constantly amazed at how
the NHL Offices and referees used to favour Montreal - and most times it seemed blatantly obvious to me. By the way amazingcrwns - we are only 1 more playoff loss until this rivalry equals that of the Sox and Yankees. After last season's game #7 loss to the Yanks I just could not take a playoff defeat to Montreal. God would not be that cruel - would he?

Old
04-05-2004, 01:43 AM
AlexandreDaigle

The Canadiens suck worse than my career did.

Old
04-05-2004, 01:47 AM
#44_delivers

dont worry guys you'll hate us alote more pretty soon

Old
04-05-2004, 02:08 AM
amazingcrwns
IBelieveThatWeWilWin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob
we are only 1 more playoff loss until this rivalry equals that of the Sox and Yankees.
I was more referring to the amount of fans involved and the realization of the Sox-Yanks as being possibly the largest rivalry in all of sports. The way it is now between the B's and Habs it isn't that intense. We aren't throwing people out of the fleetcenter because they are Habs fans (I've seen at least 10 guys get thrown out of fenway because they were wearing yankee stuff and then had stuff thrown at them. They didn't do anything to deserve getting thrown out, it was more for their safety from the crowd). Not that I want the fleetcenter to be a hostile place, I just wish that Hockey would get more recognition; especially in this area. I wish the Bruins were a team where thousands of people got the schedule when it first came out and circled the games against the Habs and made sure that no matter what else was going on, they were watching those games. Those games should sell out the day tickets go on sale. I am happy that the attendence at the fleece has gone up at the end of the season. The ownership actually went out and got Gonchar and Nylander, because of that I'm happy the fans are supporting a team that ownership put together to make a legit cup run. If we did nothing I wouldn't want to support this team with money, I'd support them in spirit from home. This season Mgmt stepped up and now I hope the fans are still around to respond. This series can go a long way towards bringing fans back to hockey in new england. Ownership made the moves to get people to watch. Now with some success we can reclaim all the old fans we've lost over the past several years. We can bring this rivalry up another level.

Old
04-05-2004, 02:13 AM
Ortdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
dont worry guys you'll hate us alote more pretty soon
i cant believe how cocky these habs fans really are......

im confident the B's will win, too much talk about the past...who cares......

bottom line the bruins are a better team THIS year. the bruins won the northeast, the bruins didnt lose a game in regulation to the habs this year (3-0-1-2) the bruins were the only team in the entire NHL to lose less than 20 games.......

montreal isnt a bad team at all, i guess im just a realistic knowledgable hackey fan, this series will be very close. any habs fan that thinks this will be a cake walk better wake up fast.....this is not 2 years ago, nor is it 20 years ago.

Old
04-05-2004, 03:33 AM
JOHNNY V

Say Hi to my little friends THEO

Last edited by JOHNNY V: 04-05-2004 at 03:40 AM.
Closed Thread