HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

CCM vector 04 skates (2008 vs. 2009)

Old
09-18-2009, 01:47 PM
akademiks

vCash: 500
CCM vector 04 skates (2008 vs. 2009)

i just purchased a new pair of skates today (ccm V04) at sportchek, but i held off getting them sharpened and molded just in case.

i was disappointed to find that they didnt have any sizes in the 2009 model, so i ended up picking up the '08s... from what i can tell, there isnt much difference in the look, but i would like to know what exactly changed between the year, as i would rather prefer the newest model if possible.

thanks guys

EDIT: pic added for reference

akademiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 02:34 PM
HalifaxHit

I am an employee at the Sportchek in Dartmouth, Ns and without looking at the two skates as I'm not at work, what i can remember is: the outsoles between the two skates are different the 08 has a much stiffer outsole, with a composite or fiberglass outsole. While the 09 has a less stiff outsole as it is plastic. Another couple of differences I can remember is that the 09 doesn't have a two piece holder; it only has a one piece so the blade is not replaceable. You would have to replace the holder and runner which is much more expensive than just the runner. Thats all I can remeber without looking at them in my hands. Hope that helps man

HalifaxHit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 05:06 PM
akademiks

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxHit View Post
I am an employee at the Sportchek in Dartmouth, Ns and without looking at the two skates as I'm not at work, what i can remember is: the outsoles between the two skates are different the 08 has a much stiffer outsole, with a composite or fiberglass outsole. While the 09 has a less stiff outsole as it is plastic. Another couple of differences I can remember is that the 09 doesn't have a two piece holder; it only has a one piece so the blade is not replaceable. You would have to replace the holder and runner which is much more expensive than just the runner. Thats all I can remeber without looking at them in my hands. Hope that helps man
It helps alot. I know sometimes manufacturers either change alot or nothing at all, and was curious to know exactly which was the better model year to buy.

In this case it seems I'm better off with the 2008's. And thank you, I wish that you were the associate that helped me at the store today

Old
09-19-2009, 04:01 PM
Anthrax Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by akademiks View Post
It helps alot. I know sometimes manufacturers either change alot or nothing at all, and was curious to know exactly which was the better model year to buy.

In this case it seems I'm better off with the 2008's. And thank you, I wish that you were the associate that helped me at the store today
Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, but the 2008 model of the CCM Vectors were V08s, not V04s. I have the V08s and they're fantastic. If your V04s are similar, you ought to really like them. Good luck, buddy.

Anthrax Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 04:37 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Skills Booth View Post
Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, but the 2008 model of the CCM Vectors were V08s, not V04s. I have the V08s and they're fantastic. If your V04s are similar, you ought to really like them. Good luck, buddy.
You are. Those are model designations, not years. The V04 is a lower end skate.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 04:41 PM
Anthrax Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post
I didn't put two and two together when I originally replied to this...the fact that the 04s have the new CCM logo on it should have been my clue.

Anthrax Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 08:51 PM
akademiks

Quote:
yeah i traded in the vector pro's i bought last year, and wanted to get something of equal value; i figure for some recreational use and some stick and puck, they would be fine

i looked into the V08's though (and all the other ones besides the U+) but being a college student right now, i cant really afford them at the moment

Old
09-19-2009, 11:15 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

The vector pros you had are probably still a much better skate. I wouldn't have gotten rid of them.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 01:04 PM
akademiks

Quote:
The vector pros you had are probably still a much better skate. I wouldn't have gotten rid of them.
well i was thinking about keeping them, but i wasnt really a fan the locking thing for the laces, and wanted something more fitted...maybe its just me but two times on the ice already and i'm liking the V04's better (probably cause i was able to mold them)

i know lower end skates seem to be built all the same, so i figure i take a shot on these ones while they are on sale