Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins/Leafs reach trade agreement

Closed Thread

Old
09-19-2009, 11:36 AM
BruinsBtn

vCash: 500
Burke said he brought in Komisarek, in part, because of his ability to make a first pass!?

Old
09-19-2009, 11:37 AM
RealKrug47*

those first round picks better be a top 5. if not then screw this...... Boston needed players, not picks, we should have gotten Kulemin or someone with a 1st round pick. way to go P.C

Kessel, if you read this, you will be missed, you were one of my favourite players on this team. good luck to you in Toronto

Old
09-19-2009, 11:40 AM
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruWINS View Post
those first round picks better be a top 5. if not then screw this...... Boston needed players, not picks, we should have gotten Kulemin or someone with a 1st round pick. way to go P.C
Why exactly did we need players? Our scouting team is one of the best and Kulemin isnt better then a 1st or 2nd

Old
09-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsButton View Post
Burke said he brought in Komisarek, in part, because of his ability to make a first pass!?
Ya, don't you remember how many times he gave away the puck to the opposing team in the defensive zone Excellent 1st passer...will help the Bruins!

Old
09-19-2009, 11:53 AM
ranold26
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
Whether you said "one year wonder" in so many words i don't know because I don't make it my life to read this board all day collecting quotes from your posts. however a quick search turns up this thread:
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...ghlight=kessel in which you make the case that nobody would ever overpay for Kessel simply b/c he's not that great. (how'd that argument turn out?)

I honestly don't want to spend my whole saturday morning finding exact quotes, but let's be real. you have been all for trading kessel all summer. do you deny this?
So where were the flurry of offer-sheets at? We went three months without and.... the threat of one doesn't exactly suggest my view was out of realm.

LASTLY...

Please provide the "one-hit wonder" links that you said I had said.
Stop making excuses for your laziness. If you're assumptions were fact, you wouldn't need to look hard or make up lies.

Old
09-19-2009, 11:57 AM
RealKrug47*

Kessel has one proven great year. but played with a playmaker in Savard, does Toronto have a solid playmaker? no i dont think so. but the draft picks could be anyone, if Toronto has a fluke year and finishes bottom 3 Boston would get the goods, while Toronto wouldn't, Kessel could get a ton of goals and have Toronto win the cup and then Boston gets the short end of the stick, and hope next year they have the leafs lose it all.

Old
09-19-2009, 12:00 PM
Gee Wally
Grumpy

Awards:
Here are my scattered thoughts and opinion.

The kid got a ton of money that I wouldn't pay.
We focus too much of the individual and not the whole. By that would we all give up 10% of our income for one thing and cut 10% of other things that make up our life expenditures? Even though,IMO, that thing is still not time proven.

The Bruins now have a chest full of tradeable assets to fill current holes or future holes.

The kid just did not fit into the style that is being committed to with this team.

Lastly, goals are sexy. But sexy doesn't necessarily last or may not be all it's cracked up to be. There are other variables that can be much more attractive over a long period of time.

We've gone over the 1000 limit so please continue discussion in some of the other related threads.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Closed Thread