HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Oilers & Northlands Reach New 10-Year Lease Agreement

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2004, 02:53 PM
barto

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerrick
Please don't lump us all together. We have a Conservative government here in New Brunswick.
Of course he was referring to the federal government, but I've pretty much always heard the term 'easterners' or "Out East" to refer to Ontario and maybe Quebec. I guess "Centrallers" doesn't roll off the tongue as nicely. So people east of Quebec would be called "Maritimers" or "out on the East coast", perhaps...? No offense intended, though, I'm sure.

Bart

Old
04-08-2004, 03:35 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
It's funny, our dollar went into the toiler thanks to the billion(s) dollar defecit left by the last conservative government (Mulroney anyone?).

The conservatives got pushed out of the provincial government here in Ontario, and left behind a rather nice mess that they had been covering up for several years, and more or less lied to the opposition about how much money there really was come election time.

None of the party's are perfect, and the one who ends up being in control is usually the worst of the lot, no matter who it is.

That darn grass always seems greener on the other side.

Old
04-08-2004, 04:04 PM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
The conservatives got pushed out of the provincial government here in Ontario, and left behind a rather nice mess that they had been covering up for several years, and more or less lied to the opposition about how much money there really was come election time.
You think that was bad?

Try living in BC for a few years, then get back to me.

Glen fricking Clark and the NDP...just imagine having Peter Pocklington as a provincial premier, it wasn't far off from that.

Closed Thread