HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jason Chimera taken off ice on stretcher

Old
09-18-2009, 08:37 PM
Casework

vCash: 500
Jason Chimera taken off ice on stretcher

Quote:
Jason Chimera is being taken off the ice on a stretcher after being checked into the glass by MINN's Eric Belanger. Will update.
http://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/4093006982

Hopefully we don't play Minnesota again in the pre-season after this garbage two years in a row.

EDIT: Thumbs up from Chimmer on the way out according to Portzline's Twitter.

Updates on Puck-rakers: http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2009/09...tretcher.shtml

Casework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 08:40 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
I know you guys don't like tough guys and retaliation, but I'd like to see some tonight.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 08:41 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casework View Post
http://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/4093006982

Hopefully we don't play Minnesota again in the pre-season after this garbage two years in a row.
...or if we do, our roster consists of Mirasty, Sgroi, Sugden, Boll, Dorsett, Shelley...

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 08:42 PM
CzechMate93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
...or if we do, our roster consists of Mirasty, Sgroi, Sugden, Boll, Dorsett, Shelley...
I feel a bit sick to my stomach. Hope he's ok.

CzechMate93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 08:45 PM
Goaliemon89
CBJ's Future CFO

Send a message via ICQ to Goaliemon89 Send a message via AIM to Goaliemon89 Send a message via MSN to Goaliemon89 Send a message via Yahoo to Goaliemon89
My god - it must have been serious - blood all over? Why else would they end the period with 6+ minutes left.....

Goaliemon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 08:48 PM
Casework

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliemon89 View Post
My god - it must have been serious - blood all over? Why else would they end the period with 6+ minutes left.....
Unless I read it differently, I believe the blood was an earlier incident, he got hit in the face with a puck or something.

I'm guessing they took the intermission since it's pre-season and doesn't really matter, and maybe in hopes that it wouldn't have turned into a big brawl.

Old
09-18-2009, 08:50 PM
Casework

From the previous Puck-rakers link:

Quote:
"(Chimera) is aware and coherent," Blue Jackets spokesman Ryan Holtmann said. "He's being taken to a local hospital for evaluation."

Old
09-18-2009, 08:56 PM
CBJNut

Send a message via ICQ to CBJNut Send a message via AIM to CBJNut Send a message via MSN to CBJNut Send a message via Yahoo to CBJNut
Monday could be interesting.

CBJNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 10:27 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Somebody give me a rundown of what happened. I missed most of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJNut View Post
Monday could be interesting.
Let's see that Boll-Dorsett-Nasty line make its debut. Sestito can come too.

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 10:29 PM
leesmith
Still in.

Aaron Portzline: "LW Fredrik Modin suffers right knee injury. "Looks like weeks, not days," coach Ken Hitchcock said."

10TVSports: "Got the Chimera injury video-- face slammed right into the glass. "

So much for that glut of wingers!

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 10:36 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
I'll fess up a bit after this injury to Chimera. I never thought he was much more than a lower tier player when MacLean traded for him from Phoenix. But after coming to Columbus I saw some bonified heart, not much talent but heart. He deserves credit for that.

He is a Blue Jacket in heart and sole but the guy is not much more than a fourth line speed type guy, I say that after seeing him skate hard but miss the pass or net for many years..

Basically, ineffective if winning the Stanley Cup is the goal..

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 10:48 PM
CBJNut

Send a message via ICQ to CBJNut Send a message via AIM to CBJNut Send a message via MSN to CBJNut Send a message via Yahoo to CBJNut
Belanger: "That wasn't my intention to hurt the guy. You guys know I'm not that kind of player, and I feel really bad right now."

CBJNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 11:32 PM
RDriesenUD

Nash doesn't agree with him.

“I had a pretty good view of it. It’s scary. To think that those things happen in exhibition, or even in general. That should never happen in the game of hockey. From my view, it looked like (Chimera) had no chance to protect himself.”

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 11:44 PM
Bullrun

I think everyone can agree that it wasnt intentional and sort of a freak play from a guy, Belanger, who has had 1 major in his career...

"Rick Nash did say that he believes Belanger’s an honest player and doesn’t have a history of such things, which is true."

http://blogs2.startribune.com/blogs/wildblog/

its just really unfortunate...i hope he comes back as soon as possible...I know hes a solid player for columbus...

Bullrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 11:55 PM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

Wow, Hold off on the trades for an ODman,

Looks like we are in for another 10 games with Modin this year

I Feel bad for Chimer, Hopefully he will be ok.

Looks like Picards chance's just got better

CBJWennberg41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 11:57 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
Nash doesn't agree with him.

“I had a pretty good view of it. It’s scary. To think that those things happen in exhibition, or even in general. That should never happen in the game of hockey. From my view, it looked like (Chimera) had no chance to protect himself.”
I'll back Nash, but I will say life is ugly...(a high school football coach in Louisville, KY was just acquitted after one of his players died in summer camp).

NHL preseason players are attempting to make a career, perhaps preseason veteran players better bring their A game awareness.

Preseason should not be considered a cakewalk, it's a business when hundreds of thousands dollars are at stake folks.

Old
09-19-2009, 12:04 AM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Preseason should not be considered a cakewalk, it's a business when hundreds of thousands dollars are at stake folks.
But you don't need to injure someone else to make a statement, either. There are many ways to show you belong on a team without having to resort to blasting someone out of a game.

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 12:15 AM
CBJCougar

Quote:
I'll back Nash, but I will say life is ugly...(a high school football coach in Louisville, KY was just acquitted after one of his players died in summer camp).

NHL preseason players are attempting to make a career, perhaps preseason veteran players better bring their A game awareness.

I know what you're saying Robert but at the same time, that's no excuse for violence either. There are ways to highlight skill with honor and pride, not dirty hits.

I don't care that this guy has been a Boy Scout all his career. Tonight he put a hit on one of our Jackets and he was carried off on a stretcher. I'm not gonna pat him on the back and shrug it off as another day on the job. Rick Nash was there, I wasn't. He says it was scary. I agree. I want someone to look at the hit and see if a 5 minute penalty is enough.

CBJCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 12:17 AM
jeremywilhelm

OMG! Illegal dirty hit, should be suspended! Oh wait, it was Belanger, not Phaneuf. Nothing to see here!

jeremywilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 12:19 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Moo View Post
But you don't need to injure someone else to make a statement, either. There are many ways to show you belong on a team without having to resort to blasting someone out of a game.
But the guy did not do it to cripple him...come on, he did it to impress guys of the like of Hitchcock (or whoever).

We are talking about potential millions of dollars here, not just 120 bucks to pay ones electric bill... put things in perspective.

It was what it is, but if the the play was intended to injure then the story changes. I'll go with the NHL on this preseason Chimera issue.

Last edited by Robert: 09-19-2009 at 12:27 AM.
Old
09-19-2009, 12:30 AM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Quote:
But the guy did not do it to cripple him...come on, he did it to impress guys of the like of Hitchcock (or whoever).

We are talking about potential millions of dollars here, not just 120 bucks to pay ones electric bill... put things in perspective.

It was it is, but if the the play was intended to injure then the story changes. I'll go with the NHL on this preseason Chimera issue.
Again, you don't have to check someone into the boards at all to show you're a good person to have on the team. Game situations are only part of the preseason equation. You're evaluated in practice and everything else. He could have passed on that check and still made the team if he's meant to make the team.

Bottom line is he injured someone for no valid reason. I hope he can sleep with that at night.

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 12:41 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Moo View Post
Again, you don't have to check someone into the boards at all to show you're a good person to have on the team. Game situations are only part of the preseason equation. You're evaluated in practice and everything else. He could have passed on that check and still made the team if he's meant to make the team.

Bottom line is he injured someone for no valid reason. I hope he can sleep with that at night.
I hope you are has engaged the entire season Moo (I all ready asked you to do so in another thread).

That said, I feel bad for the injury to Chims tonight but we must remember, the guy who hit him was working for a career, if he did something the NHL considers "criminal" they will charge him.

If not I suggest Chimera keeps is is head up at all times even during the preseason-life is tuff in the NHL: ask Zherdev.

Last edited by Robert: 09-19-2009 at 01:03 AM.
Old
09-19-2009, 12:47 AM
Renion

I thought Belanger's quote said all that needed to be said. Fast game, no intent, **** happens.

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 12:57 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renion View Post
I thought Belanger's quote said all that needed to be said. Fast game, no intent, **** happens.
This......

Old
09-19-2009, 01:07 AM
double shift filatov*

Quote:
I'll fess up a bit after this injury to Chimera. I never thought he was much more than a lower tier player when MacLean traded for him from Phoenix. But after coming to Columbus I saw some bonified heart, not much talent but heart. He deserves credit for that.

He is a Blue Jacket in heart and sole but the guy is not much more than a fourth line speed type guy, I say that after seeing him skate hard but miss the pass or net for many years..

Basically, ineffective if winning the Stanley Cup is the goal..
Agree totally. I tend to think this is one of those guys, who, if the scouts were better at their jobs, wouldn't be in the league. He is a terror on paper-size, toughness, incredible speed, great teammate. Alas, the guy just can't get it done in the game. To say he can't shoot is like saying Zherdev needs to step up the intensity.

He's a guy who plays the game in a way that is hard to dislike him. I just get kind of sick of watching him fly down the neutral zone, then miss the net, then start a fight and get the crap kicked out of him.

Hope he's OK, though.

double shift filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote