HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Better Blueline: Toronto or Montreal?

View Poll Results: Better defence?
Toronto defence 345 70.41%
Montreal defence 145 29.59%
Voters: 490. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
09-19-2009, 12:25 PM
Rusty Shackleford
Leafs Nation

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
That's always the best reason to make a poll.

You showed them!
Thanks for contributing to the thread.

Are you going to choose a vote, or just make poor attempts at humor via sarcasm?

Old
09-19-2009, 12:37 PM
ryz

TO fans getting a little crazy with thier defence this off season. Congrats, you guys actually have 6 NHL caliber Dmen to play, but it's not like it's an elite D group.

Old
09-19-2009, 12:40 PM
Rusty Shackleford
Leafs Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryz View Post
TO fans getting a little crazy with thier defence this off season. Congrats, you guys actually have 6 NHL caliber Dmen to play, but it's not like it's an elite D group.
Care to explain how it's crazy? Two similar teams and I'm simply asking who has the better defence, it's not like I'm starting a poll asking if our defence is better than Calgary, Boston or Philly.

Old
09-19-2009, 12:59 PM
habsfans333*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord Millers Chin View Post
False.

- Markov and Kaberle are in the same league.
- Komisarek, Beauchemin, Schenn > Hamrlik, Spacek, Gorges.

Josh Gorges does not belong in the same group as the rest of these players.

In my opinion...

Tomas Kaberle & Andrei Markov
Francois Beauchemin
Mike Komisarek
Roman Hamrlik
Luke Schenn (if he improves statistically this year, I put him ahead of Hamrlik based on his defensive play)
Jaroslav Spacek
Ian White
Jeff Finger
Josh Gorges
Mike Van Ryn (when healthy, he's as good as Spacek)
Paul Mara
Garnet Exelby
Hal Gill
Ryan O'Byrne

I put White, Finger, Gorges and Van Ryn in the same category. Finger brings shot blocking and hitting, something none of the others can do as well as he can. Mara and Exelby is a toss up. Gill is a really good penalty killer, he's a liability even strengthed. Ryan O'Byrne falls under the same category as Phil Oreskovic, except Phil's in the minors.

Wild card is Mike Van Ryn, when he's healthy the guy is a solid #4 defenceman. Too bad staying healthy is a problem for him.
You need a reality check fella...

Kaberle isn't equal to Markov.

I'll repeat myself, since you can't read. Kaberle's production is going down since the lockout EACH season...while Markov's production is going up and over the top Markov is way better defensively.

Hamrlik is better than Mike Komisarek.

Spacek and Beauchemin are equally good.

Having Exelby ahead of Gill is laughable, and Finger over Gorges? Hahahaha.... Dude... Gorges was better than Mike Komisarek last season.

Gorges was +12, with 24pts, he outplayed Mikey Mouse Sarek all year.

Delusional Leafs fans.

Old
09-19-2009, 01:20 PM
eric71*

Toronto, and its not even close

Old
09-19-2009, 01:31 PM
SaucyNavel
GinoGinoGino

How many Hab fans LOVED Komisarek up until the day he left..now he is garbage ?...priceless.

Old
09-19-2009, 01:33 PM
Seth Rollins
Mr Money In The Bank

Is "and it's not even close" some running gag around here or something? Seems like there's about a dozen responses with that exact phrasing each time a team/player is compared to another team/player.

Anyway, Montreal has the best defenseman in Markov, but Toronto's depth is crazy, so for that reason, Toronto.

Old
09-19-2009, 01:35 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 0
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Toronton, despite the fact Montreal has the best defenseman of them all. Toronto's depth is much better.

Old
09-19-2009, 01:37 PM
habsfans333*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidz View Post
How many Hab fans LOVED Komisarek up until the day he left..now he is garbage ?...priceless.
He was bad all season...Everyone whine about it. Go search on the forum.

Old
09-19-2009, 01:37 PM
Jag68Sid87

Toronto...and it's not even

Old
09-19-2009, 01:42 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Da Baller View Post
Care to explain how it's crazy? Two similar teams and I'm simply asking who has the better defence, it's not like I'm starting a poll asking if our defence is better than Calgary, Boston or Philly.
No, you got upset because Habs fans thought their defense was better, and this in the Habs forum, of all places. I wonder what I would see if I went looking at the Leafs board...

You're just another bitter soul and you belong perfectly in the HFBoards hall of trolls.

Now to add to the discussion, Josh Gorges is better then Luke Schenn. Now.

Old
09-19-2009, 01:48 PM
gojacketsgo61
Fire the Refs!

vCash: 555
Canadiens have better top 4, but leafs have better depth so i give it to the leafs.

People, it's closer than you think, komisarek is not a all star worthy defensemen. Schenn is good but he is a bit overrated due to his hits.

Old
09-19-2009, 01:55 PM
Rusty Shackleford
Leafs Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
No, you got upset because Habs fans thought their defense was better, and this in the Habs forum, of all places. I wonder what I would see if I went looking at the Leafs board...

You're just another bitter soul and you belong perfectly in the HFBoards hall of trolls.

Now to add to the discussion, Josh Gorges is better then Luke Schenn. Now.
So I'm guessing your eyes watered like a disappointed 6 year old on Christmas morning when you saw the results of this poll? Too bad, majority speaks, I guess I'm a troll for starting a poll thread on the poll section of all places right!

Now quick do what most Habs fans do, and post a link to this poll thread on the Habs board with a typical "must even up nao".

Old
09-19-2009, 01:56 PM
pagetheaj

I <3 you habs fans...you call us delusional...gosh, I need to stop reading these comments...it's taking years off my life.

Old
09-19-2009, 02:05 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
So I'm guessing your eyes watered like a disappointed 6 year old on Christmas morning when you saw the results of this poll? Too bad, majority speaks, I guess I'm a troll for starting a poll thread on the poll section of all places right!

Now quick do what most Habs fans do, and post a link to this poll thread on the Habs board with a typical "must even up nao".
I haven't seen the result of this poll because, and this may surprise you, it proves nothing. I'm not impatient, and I don't mind waiting until the season starts to see who has a better defense.

No, you aren't a troll because you started a poll in the poll section, you're a troll because you can't grasp the concept of forums dedicated to every fanbase, and not only you're a troll because you feel aggressed constantly when it comes to something negative about your team, but you're also immature and need the world to pay attention to you and validate your thoughts. Majority speaks? I guess that is why the world is in such bad shape.

Sadly, I have to congratulate you on one fact, you got my attention and this might wind up being your most successful achievement on HFBoards. There is only one way to go now; up.

Cheers, and welcome to the Hall of Ignored Users.

Old
09-19-2009, 02:09 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeZone View Post
What a joke. Toronto and it's not even close.
Ladies and gentleman, I give you your homer.

Leafs win, but it is close.

Also, I guess whomever said Gorges doesn't belong in a league with Exelby has never seen him play.

Gorges is quite possibly the only underrated player on the habs.

Old
09-19-2009, 02:13 PM
Jag68Sid87

If we're talking goals against this season, I'd vote Montreal. But in terms of the actual blue-lines, it's definitely Toronto. Montreal's top six are all left-handed, with only two guys willing/able to play the right (Gorges and Mara). Toronto may have four righties and two lefties, but White has looked decent in my eyes as a left defenseman.

I think Kaberle-Komisarek and Beauchemin-Schenn is a better top four than Markov-Spacek and Hamrlik-Mara. Better rounded. Also, Schenn is better than Gorges, even right now imo. And Markov has definitely surpassed Kaberle the last couple of seasons.

I'm going to start making popcorn for Oct 1, because even a Pens fan can get excited about this rivalry going forward.

Old
09-19-2009, 02:17 PM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

vCash: 50
On Paper, Toronto is better imo. We'll see after the season though, won't we.

Old
09-19-2009, 02:22 PM
Professor Dangles

Calgary, Philly
Toronto, Boston

everyone else.

Old
09-19-2009, 02:25 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
If we're talking goals against this season, I'd vote Montreal. But in terms of the actual blue-lines, it's definitely Toronto. Montreal's top six are all left-handed, with only two guys willing/able to play the right (Gorges and Mara). Toronto may have four righties and two lefties, but White has looked decent in my eyes as a left defenseman.

I think Kaberle-Komisarek and Beauchemin-Schenn is a better top four than Markov-Spacek and Hamrlik-Mara. Better rounded. Also, Schenn is better than Gorges, even right now imo. And Markov has definitely surpassed Kaberle the last couple of seasons.

I'm going to start making popcorn for Oct 1, because even a Pens fan can get excited about this rivalry going forward.
That's a tough one to swallow for me, since Gorges is older and has more experiment (and honestly, in terms of defense, older is better since there is a general consensus that defensemen don't reach their prime until much later than their forward counterparts), also he replaced Komisarek last season in the #2 spot and didn't seem out of place at all.

He isn't as physical as Luke Schenn, but he manages to play all aspects of the game pretty well. I know I said Gorges is better, but I wouldn't mind settling for "equal". Gorges deserves credit that he never gets.

Old
09-19-2009, 02:42 PM
AgRiVaToRR*

Komisarek is so overrated by you leaf fans. Markov, Hamrlik, and Gorges were better than him. I wouldn't pay 3 million for him. His transition game is that of a AHL 3rd pairing Dman.

I'd take Mara and Spacek over him anyday. Now can we compare the Forwards?

Old
09-19-2009, 02:48 PM
Rusty Shackleford
Leafs Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
I haven't seen the result of this poll because, and this may surprise you, it proves nothing. I'm not impatient, and I don't mind waiting until the season starts to see who has a better defense.

No, you aren't a troll because you started a poll in the poll section, you're a troll because you can't grasp the concept of forums dedicated to every fanbase, and not only you're a troll because you feel aggressed constantly when it comes to something negative about your team, but you're also immature and need the world to pay attention to you and validate your thoughts. Majority speaks? I guess that is why the world is in such bad shape.

Sadly, I have to congratulate you on one fact, you got my attention and this might wind up being your most successful achievement on HFBoards. There is only one way to go now; up.

Cheers, and welcome to the Hall of Ignored Users.
So I'm a troll because I decided to ask the opinion of all of HF on a matter me and a Habs fan disagreed on, to settle a dispute? It's people like you that get their panties up in a bunch and complain about every little thing that doesn't go your way.

Thanks for the ignore, one less insecure poster with little man syndrome that can talk to me.

Last edited by Rusty Shackleford: 09-19-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old
09-19-2009, 03:11 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidz View Post
And Leaf fans thought he was garbage until he signed with them...

If you read the Habs boards since last year's playoffs many fans were disappointed with his play, especially after Lucic destroyed him.

Old
09-19-2009, 03:25 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Thanks for contributing to the thread.

Are you going to choose a vote, or just make poor attempts at humor via sarcasm?
I'm not the one obsessed with what is going on in the Habs board here.

Old
09-19-2009, 03:36 PM
sensfan83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangler Status View Post
Calgary, Philly
Toronto, Boston

everyone else.

Leafs = top 3 defense.
Jays = top 3 pitching staff

Rios = potential 30hr/30sb/.300avg superstar
Gustavsson = potential calder trophy winner

Poor toronto fans are gonna get their dreams shattered again...

Closed Thread