HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coyotes Preview 09/10- Dailyfaceoff.com

Old
09-19-2009, 04:51 AM
ryanc

vCash: 500
Coyotes Preview 09/10- Dailyfaceoff.com

Hey there,

We are HFboards newest partner, Dailyfaceoff.com. We have posted previews for each team based on their off-season moves, as well as fantasy implications. If you are interested at a outsiders view of the Coyotes, take a look!

Here is a link to the article: http://www.dailyfaceoff.com/444/phoe...season-preview

And here is a snippet of the article:

Arrived: Adrian Aucoin (CAL), Vernon Fiddler (NSH), Lauri Korpikoski (NYR), Jason Labarbera (VAN), Jim Vandermeer (CGY), RadimVrbarta (TB), Taylor Pyatt (VAN)

Departed: Nigel Dawes (CGY), Enver Lisin (NYR), Joakim Lindstrom (KHL), Brian McGratton (CGY), Garth Murray (CGY), Brandon Prust (CGY), Steve Reinprecht (FLA)

Not much going on in Phoenix this offseason. But seriously, despite the Coyotes off-ice issues we do know one thing and that is the Coyotoes will be playing this upcoming season in Arizona. This team is full of young talent and are in a similar position as the Penguins of a couple years back and look how that turned out. The Coyotes are likley to find themselves in the basement of the Western Conference at seasonís end but that does not mean the team doesnít have talent. Shane Doan, Peter Mueller, Matthew Lombardi, and Scottie Upshall should carry the bulk of the scoring and the additions of Vandermeer and Aucoin on defence should help out Bryzgalov in net.

ryanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 05:05 AM
lockstock

You're missing a few players on the departed list. We sent a pylon and a bag of pucks to Tampa Bay for Vrbata. Best move the team made in the off season.

lockstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 10:40 AM
AzYotes18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanc View Post
Hey there,

We are HFboards newest partner, Dailyfaceoff.com. We have posted previews for each team based on their off-season moves, as well as fantasy implications. If you are interested at a outsiders view of the Coyotes, take a look!

Here is a link to the article: http://www.dailyfaceoff.com/444/phoe...season-preview

Arrived: Adrian Aucoin (CAL), Vernon Fiddler (NSH), Lauri Korpikoski (NYR), Jason Labarbera (VAN), Jim Vandermeer (CGY), RadimVrbarta (TB), Taylor Pyatt (VAN)

Departed: Nigel Dawes (CGY), Enver Lisin (NYR), Joakim Lindstrom (KHL), Brian McGratton (CGY), Garth Murray (CGY), Brandon Prust (CGY), Steve Reinprecht (FLA)

Not much going on in Phoenix this offseason. But seriously, despite the Coyotes off-ice issues we do know one thing and that is the Coyotoes will be playing this upcoming season in Arizona. This team is full of young talent and are in a similar position as the Penguins of a couple years back and look how that turned out. The Coyotes are likley to find themselves in the basement of the Western Conference at seasonís end but that does not mean the team doesnít have talent. Shane Doan, Peter Mueller, Matthew Lombardi, and Scottie Upshall should carry the bulk of the scoring and the additions of Vandermeer and Aucoin on defence should help out Bryzgalov in net.

Oh yes, please give me another outsiders view of how our team "sucks"...to be perfectly honest, I'm tired of people thinking for some reason that our boys are going to be at the bottom because of something going on in the court house. Thanks, but I'll pass.

AzYotes18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 01:48 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzYotes18 View Post
Oh yes, please give me another outsiders view of how our team "sucks"...to be perfectly honest, I'm tired of people thinking for some reason that our boys are going to be at the bottom because of something going on in the court house. Thanks, but I'll pass.
Quote:
Hey there,

Seems pretty fair. I'm not about to click the link, though.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 03:34 PM
pyregretzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzYotes18 View Post
No need to get hysterical and overreact. The article was pretty accurate if you actually read it and was worlds better than the last person to post a similar article. Thanks for the contribution ryanc, will check out the rest of the site when I get a chance

pyregretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 05:30 PM
yakko

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Seems pretty fair. I'm not about to click the link, though.
Yes, these "partner" sites are pretty amusing. As if I'm going to put any stock whatsoever into a site or it's authors because it has a partnership to post it's write up on a message board.

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 05:57 PM
ryanc

We're not saying that Phoenix is going to finish near the bottom because of the off-ice distractions. But right now their coaching situation is in limbo, and to be honest, while they do have some talented young players, the majority of the teams in the West are better. The Coyotes are still a year or two away.

ryanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 05:58 PM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Quote:
Hey there,

We are HFboards newest partner, Dailyfaceoff.com.....

That's not a snippet, that's the entire 'preview'. It's not even a preview (how can it be with no mention of a team's goalie), the article is a prediction and a fantasy hockey report.

If BaldSilly wins the bid is he going to call the team the Hamilton Potatoes?...Just wondering if Coyotoes is breed of Coyotes & Potatoes?

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 07:31 PM
AzYotes18

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyregretzky View Post
No need to get hysterical and overreact. The article was pretty accurate if you actually read it and was worlds better than the last person to post a similar article. Thanks for the contribution ryanc, will check out the rest of the site when I get a chance
Not hysterical, I don't agree with the points he made. I guess I'm in a minority, oh well.

Old
09-19-2009, 07:32 PM
AzYotes18

Quote:
We're not saying that Phoenix is going to finish near the bottom because of the off-ice distractions. But right now their coaching situation is in limbo, and to be honest, while they do have some talented young players, the majority of the teams in the West are better. The Coyotes are still a year or two away.

In your opinion sure, but you know anything can happen. Fuhr just got fired, looks like they are working on who is taking over that space. Can't wait to see who they bring in to replace Gretzky.

Old
09-20-2009, 06:26 PM
yakko

I'm just going to stop posting in threads started by these "partner" sites. It might be telling if others decide to follow suit. There is no point paying attention to or commenting on every wanna-be sports writer with a blog.

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote