HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I must be feeling ill....

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2004, 08:21 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
I must be feeling ill....

I dunno what is wrong with me - but since Long Nose Flame coach said he was cheering for us to make the playoffs, I think I will root for the Flames in the west( ). After all, it is an Edmonton boy (no matter how much of a loser he can be) that is their franchise right? So on that note, I would love to see "Cry"ford and his Nucks lose out to the Flames - and I think it's quite reasonable to think it could happen as IMO the Flames have better depth and MUCH MUCH better goaltending and coaching.

Old
04-05-2004, 08:45 PM
Oilers Hockey

Sutter said that?

What.a.load.of.crap. Thats why he specifically targeted the games vs. the Oilers and obviously threw the game against Nashville, not to mention not sending in the tape of Turdco's slash on Clark. Actions speak louder than words.

He's almost as bad as that Cryford whiner.

Canucks in 4.

Old
04-05-2004, 09:13 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemskyfan
Sutter said that?

What.a.load.of.crap. Thats why he specifically targeted the games vs. the Oilers and obviously threw the game against Nashville, not to mention not sending in the tape of Turdco's slash on Clark. Actions speak louder than words.

He's almost as bad as that Cryford whiner.

Canucks in 4.
Agree. That is a load of crap. Chicago threw games against Nashville and St. Louis as well. He built the Flames to beat the Oilers. I wish there was a way for both the Flames and "Nucks to be eliminated in the first round.

04-05-2004, 09:23 PM
Oilhitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky83
Agree. That is a load of crap. Chicago threw games against Nashville and St. Louis as well. He built the Flames to beat the Oilers. I wish there was a way for both the Flames and "Nucks to be eliminated in the first round.
Are you suggesting that the Sutter family are doing each other favours?

Old
04-05-2004, 09:24 PM
ToothlessAggression

I really do not care who wins this series, I do not like either team at all. I was supporting the Flames as far as making it to the playoffs, but my backing ends there.

Old
04-05-2004, 09:32 PM
IceDragoon

I'm hoping they beat the **** out of each other.
Whoever survives the first round, shouldn't have anything left and succumbs to their opponent in the second.
That's as close as I can get to a lose/lose situation.

Old
04-05-2004, 09:42 PM
Game 8

vCash: 50
Gotta pull for the Alberta guys. I am going to give chearing for the FLames an honest attempt this year.............

Old
04-05-2004, 10:43 PM
metallicat

I am cheering for good hockey. But I can't believe some of you are actually suggesting that games were thrown, because I don't believe that for a second.

Old
04-05-2004, 10:44 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat
I am cheering for good hockey. But I can't believe some of you are actually suggesting that games were thrown, because I don't believe that for a second.
The blackhawks were just plain crap.

Tough to throw games when you trade all your talent away.

Old
04-05-2004, 10:46 PM
looooob

Quote:
no kidding. The Flames had not come particularly close to clinching a playoff spot at that point, and the Flames hate the bleeding Nashville Predators....Flames might have sucked that night, but they didn't throw it

Old
04-05-2004, 11:34 PM
smytty's mullet

the flames hate the preds. earlier this year tootoo sucker punched iginla. i'm pretty sure they didn't thrown the game and risk their own playoff standing just to tick off the oilers.

as for targeting the games against the oilers, it only makes sense. common sense dictates that a win over someone you're competing with for a playoff spot does you more good than a win over a team in the other conference or a team at the top of your own conference.

Old
04-06-2004, 12:17 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Neither team has a remote shot at the cup, so I don't realy care who wins this one, they should both just tear each other apart in a 7-gamer, that'd be good.

Old
04-06-2004, 12:42 AM
Blatherblah

I hope no one wins the Cup this year!! :mad:

Old
04-06-2004, 01:07 AM
Hans Moleman
Was saying Boortuzzi

Just let the TSN monkey choose the winners, it saves all that effort. In fact, in case of lock out, replace players with skating chimps and give them all humorous nicknames like "Orangutanguay" and "Baboonzzi".

I live near Van City so I suppose it'll be the Canucks, either way it'll be memorable for the team that makes it considering history dictates whoever wins this series goes to the finals.

Old
04-06-2004, 01:17 AM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Amen.

Bottum line, Sutter is an Alberta boy, and is proud of his heritage (See: Comments when drafting Phaneuf.) He is a fan of Alberta hockey, in general (more than just the Flames and Oilers, but the WHL and even Midget AAA - I got to talk with Brian Sutter a few years ago) and really, how exactly does it help the Flames if the Oilers miss?

I think a few Oiler fans are a little jealous, and even petty.

Last year, I hoped the Oilers did well in the playoffs... no, I didn't cheer for them, never dawn Oilers wear and never gave them support, but I hoped that they would make Alberta proud. (I will admit I cheered for the Canucks above the Oilers, because I wanted to see as much Stanley Cup playoff hockey in a die heart country like Canada.)

In the regular season, I hope the Oilers fall flat on their face, but in the playoffs, I want to see as much playoff hockey in Canada. Period.

Last edited by Phanuthier*: 04-06-2004 at 04:17 PM.
Old
04-06-2004, 01:43 AM
creative giant*

If I started believing that NHL teams would throw games out of spite I may as well stop watching NHL hockey now. That said, NHL hockey season ended for me the day the Oil were eliminated and now I'll hope the 'Runners do well and that's about it. Guess I'm not much of an NHL fan, just an Oilers fan.

Although I do hope the Canucks win the series against the Flames because more of their fans came on this board to support the Oil than Flamer fans.

Old
04-06-2004, 11:40 AM
barto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatman Phanutier
*snip*
I think a few Oiler fans are a little jealous, and even petty.
You forgot envious, disheartened, crushed, angry and spiteful.

But I think it's a natural reaction when the Oilers came SO close to pulling off an amazing comeback and fell just short... Looking for scapegoats becomes the next task, and conspiracy theories appeal to a lot of people in times like this.

After some (relatively) sober second thought, though, the Oilers just sucked too much during the year and couldn't quite pull off the big comeback. Too many points left on the table, blown leads, etc., and we only really had one good streak the whole year, whereas in the past we'd have a couple/three sprinkled throughout to help counteract the large amount of suckage in Dec/Jan.

Good on the Flames for making it. Hope the fans really get into it there (I'm sure the feelings have been pent-up for a while so it should get the city rocking) - you never know how long the run will last, or how long until you're back again...hell, there might not even BE NHL hockey next year!

Good luck. The Canucks can be had (Cloutier), although they're obviously playing well lately.

Bart

Old
04-06-2004, 04:33 PM
Matts

Alberta...Scmalberta

I hate the Dys more than I hate the Flames so go you Gay Horses With Moustaches.

Then hopefully the Wings can pound you in the second round.

The only Can team I can stomach is the Sens and that's beginning to waiver thanks to Greg Millen

Old
04-06-2004, 11:26 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts
I hate the Dys more than I hate the Flames so go you Gay Horses With Moustaches.

Then hopefully the Wings can pound you in the second round.

The only Can team I can stomach is the Sens and that's beginning to waiver thanks to Greg Millen
So you just don't like Canadian and Gays I take it?

Old
04-06-2004, 11:34 PM
Allan

He doesn't seem to like anybody very much. I'm not cheering for the Flames, either, but that's just because I can't wholeheartedly cheer for anybody but Edmonton. I just hope the most entertaining team wins it all.

Old
04-07-2004, 12:18 PM
oilers_guy_eddie
Craig's not on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts
Gay Horses With Moustaches.
I think that ditching the Fabulous Flamin' Freddie Mercury Horse jerseys may have been the key to the Flames' improvement this season.

Old
04-07-2004, 01:20 PM
Matts

Well

I don't believe in this cheering for Can teams stuff and I never have. You have one team and when they're out, they're out.

There are some teams I like or hate more than others but being an Oilers fan in the middle of Leaves and Habs country isn't condusive to cheering for either one of those squads

Old
04-07-2004, 07:20 PM
blackgold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatman Phanutier
So you just don't like Canadian and Gays I take it?
Hating the flames, and canucks doesn't make you anti-Canadian. It makes you an Oiler fan.

Closed Thread