HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anisimov's AMAZING Goal vs Boston [Video #1]

Old
09-20-2009, 09:07 AM
DutchShamrock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
What hype and blind love? I see a player that has 2nd line ability and skill that I believe will be a potential 60 point player in this league. He's got great reach, good puck-handling skill, with an long stride that gets misinterpreted as being slow. I also saw a player that in his 2nd year in NA as a 21-year-old, put up a point-per-game over a full season. All those factors in my mind make him more than just a 3rd line player.
Ok, people calling him a 3rd line center overreacted. But there was nothing in his first two games to call him a first line center (also an overreaction and I'm not accusing you of saying this). It's not the skill set that lacked, but the effort. l think he had some lackluster performances, and it's not about scoring. Grachev looked great without putting up points.

Basically, an 'i told you so' is as silly as 'bust, 3rd line center'.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 09:08 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

This was a fantastic goal but lets calm down a bit. I've seen WAY to many Pre-season All Stars to get to excited about a great looking goal. I doubt Anisimov makes that move against an NHL defenseman. I think Ansimov's chances of makign the team are near 100% but lets see how the next 4 preseason games play out first.

A fantastic goal, no doubt but Christian Dube scored TWO of these types of goals in Pre-seasons past.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 09:17 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
Ok, people calling him a 3rd line center overreacted. But there was nothing in his first two games to call him a first line center (also an overreaction and I'm not accusing you of saying this). It's not the skill set that lacked, but the effort. l think he had some lackluster performances, and it's not about scoring. Grachev looked great without putting up points.

Basically, an 'i told you so' is as silly as 'bust, 3rd line center'.
Dutch, this conversation between inferno and myself actually stems from criticisms of Anisimov at another board we both post at. We are both obviously believers that AA can be more than a 3rd line center. You will even notice a specific criticism I cite - "Anisimov = Immonen 2.0" - which from that board, which I do not believe is a valid criticism of Anisimov.

I have believed since the day he was drafted Anisimov has at least 2nd line center potential. (You can go back to posts around the 2006 draft were I did suggest trading down in the 1st round and selecting him; I was very happy when the Rangers took him in the 2nd round.)

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 09:18 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
This was a fantastic goal but lets calm down a bit. I've seen WAY to many Pre-season All Stars to get to excited about a great looking goal. I doubt Anisimov makes that move against an NHL defenseman. I think Ansimov's chances of makign the team are near 100% but lets see how the next 4 preseason games play out first.

A fantastic goal, no doubt but Christian Dube scored TWO of these types of goals in Pre-seasons past.
Are these goals on youtube? I'd like to see them.

Jabroni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 09:24 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post

Hey SoS, did we bet 1 week or 2?

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 12:02 PM
Snipeshow

Will he line up in the top 6 or is 3rd line Center his spot for the season, barring injury?

Can he play wing at all?

Snipeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipeshow View Post
Will he line up in the top 6 or is 3rd line Center his spot for the season, barring injury?

Can he play wing at all?
Most likely 3rd line center, but I'd like to see what he can do on the first with Gaborik.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote