HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Puck Rakers: Sestito Taken To The Hospital

Old
09-20-2009, 01:23 PM
sbtatter

vCash: 500
Sestito is huge, but man, the way his head hits the ice makes you cringe, hope he's ok.

sbtatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 03:55 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 0
It doesnt look like a takedown to me, more like Sestito lost balance and pulled Tootoo on top of him. I cant tell if Tootoo waves him over or is just winging his arm free of the official.

IBleedUnionBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 04:26 PM
JacketsFanWest

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickledcotton View Post
Sestito is 6'7" and I wish he would spend some time with Mirasty or get some actual positional training. His balance is awful, he spins around wildly in fights and often goes down because he is awkwardly positioned. Every time I see him fight I remark that he should go to some yoga classes... if he could get a strong center of balance, he could probably absorb hits pretty well.

Bet he's got one hell of a headache today. That video was rough to watch.
Since Sestito is so tall, he has naturally has a higher center of balance then Tootoo. So once they got close in, Tootoo actually had the advantage. It would be much easier for Tootoo to push over Sestito then vice-verse.

At the point that both of them knew they were going to hit the ice, they need to stop the fight and avoid a major injury. It looks like Tommy had room to tuck his chin to his chest. Tootoo wasn't right on top of him.

Rather than more boxing training with Mirasty, I'd like to see the guys actually study some judo. That would help with balance and body positioning when grappling and falling properly. And also flexibility in a little more macho way than yoga (although, power yoga is fantastic).

JacketsFanWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 07:37 PM
mokkan88

There are multiple videos on Youtube of the fight now, and Tootoo doesn't wave a trainer over in any of them, even as he nears the Predators' bench. At the same time, I don't see him celebrating either. He just heads straight to the bench. Nothing particularly classless about it; just an unfortunate incident.

mokkan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 10:49 PM
jktsfan*

I toiled with many different things to say (all negative) about Tootoo but in the end, I just hope Sestito comes away no worse off than before he went into the fight. Can't we just hire Mirasty as our fight coach? I know several players that would surely benefit.

Good luck to Sestito.

jktsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 06:10 AM
Inquiring Minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by jktsfan View Post
I toiled with many different things to say (all negative) about Tootoo but in the end, I just hope Sestito comes away no worse off than before he went into the fight. Can't we just hire Mirasty as our fight coach? I know several players that would surely benefit.
Not that I know much about these things, but from what I've seen Nasty's main attribute is the ability to stop the other guy's fist with his face and suffer no ill effects, ala Rocky. He pounds the other guy after taking his best shots.

That's not quite fair. He also has a remarkable sense of balance, allowing him to stay on his skates.

Inquiring Minds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 08:12 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquiring Minds View Post
Not that I know much about these things, but from what I've seen Nasty's main attribute is the ability to stop the other guy's fist with his face and suffer no ill effects, ala Rocky. He pounds the other guy after taking his best shots.

That's not quite fair. He also has a remarkable sense of balance, allowing him to stay on his skates.
Seems eminently fair, to me - give the other guy the first shot? Kinda like the old western heroes letting the bad guy make the first move. Might be a bit discouraging to see your best shot have little or no effect, huh? Doesn't sound like and easily transferable skill, though!

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 08:19 AM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Jody Shelley did the same to an extent. More often than not Shelley would be bleeding on his way to the box. He would usually get his shots in, though not always causing damage.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 10:01 AM
CzechMate93

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJalltheway View Post
Can anyone remind me who fought Tootoo last year who it was very out of character for? Was it Hejda?? Man, I wanted Tootoo punched in the face last night, but I take that back - I didn't see this happening...
What it Chimera who fought Tootoo last year???

CzechMate93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 10:26 AM
CzechMate93

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJalltheway View Post
What it Chimera who fought Tootoo last year???
Actually - I found this on hockeyfights - Chimera & Hejda fought Tootoo same game - and Aaron Rome fought Shae Weber. This was on March 25, 08.

CzechMate93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Wolfy

Ouch! He got a terrible headache right now, that's for sure. Maybe Sestito should quit fighting, it just doesn't look good.

Where's Boll, and Dorsett? Hitch hasn't played them yet? The Jackets really need some respected fighters in the lineup, or this season could become a rough ride for them. The league is tougher than ever before, good grief look at the Flyers fight nights..

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 12:46 PM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Ouch! He got a terrible headache right now, that's for sure. Maybe Sestito should quit fighting, it just doesn't look good.

Where's Boll, and Dorsett? Hitch hasn't played them yet? The Jackets really need some respected fighters in the lineup, or this season could become a rough ride for them. The league is tougher than ever before, good grief look at the Flyers fight nights..
You're right, if only we had a tough guy in the lineup to protect our tough guy from falling on his head...

Where was Mirasty when we needed him? he's short for a reason, so that he can catch those big guys as they fall.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote