HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So...about Kadri...

View Poll Results: So, about Kadri...
Deserves to play entire year in top 6 role 11 6.11%
Should get his 9 games, and then back down 81 45.00%
Should go to junior immediately after preseason 88 48.89%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Old
09-20-2009, 02:49 AM
TasteLikeBurning
The Tank Cometh

vCash: 500
Back to London after preseason. Has looked very good so far, but is weak at this stage and is prone to turnovers. London should help, and so will playing in the WJC.

TasteLikeBurning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 02:51 AM
OHLTG

I think he's earned a 9-game shot. If he succeeds to the point where they have to keep him, great. If not, he's back down in London for the year.

OHLTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 03:30 AM
MrPiff17
Bay St. Bullies

Let him tear up the O, and the WJC, imagine a line of:

Hall - Kadri - B. Schenn for Team Canada???

MrPiff17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 06:14 AM
HockeyAustralia

If he plays well enough to play top 6 minutes, he should stay, but I am sure Bozak, Grabs and Stajan are all higher in our depth chart

HockeyAustralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Canad93

I think he'll get his 9 games, or at least a few of them. But a dominant year in the O and some World Juniors will be good for him, and the fans
Can't wait to see him. I might have to get Knights tickets this year..

Canad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 02:17 PM
JL17

Wilson almost said last night he will be returning to junior because his other top 6 options are playing just as well if not better.

JL17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 02:17 PM
The Mauve Avenger

London I think is the way to go for Kadri. He's really talented, but I think a year of seasoning is what he needs. Plus, just the thought of him improving after one year gives me goosebumps!

The Mauve Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 02:18 PM
Paris in Flames

vCash: 50
Back to London. No need for 9 games, we've seen what he can do, now let him expand on that as he tears up the O from day one.

Paris in Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 02:18 PM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

As much as I think he deserves the 9 game look, I don't think he'll get it.

I don't think they risk putting players on waivers just to have Kadri get a short NHL stint before putting him back in juniors. That, and I think Wilson/Burke want this team ready to go from day 1.

I think he's sent back after the last pre-season game.

John-Eric Iannicello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 02:21 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Good Knight Nazeem! Who does he have to play with in London? Because what he needs is a really good linemate, and learn how to use each other. Maybe the Leafs pay London $100 000 to trade for an elite forward to play with, if they don't have one already. I'm going to go look it up.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 02:27 PM
Ten

Times like this you wish we could put him in the AHL.

Nothing left to prove in the CHL. Won an OHL Championship, played in the Mem Cup. World Juniors will be a new experience for him, but other than trying to lead the OHL in points, he's not gonna learn much from another year in London.

He'll probably play out the year with London and then join the Marlies for (hopefully) a deep playoff run, dare I say our Leafs?

Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 02:38 PM
despotic

No need for experiments. We are gunning for the playoffs this year. Send him down

despotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 02:44 PM
Snipeshow

Either Play 9 game and than get sent down, or get sent down right away.

I voted to play 9 games because reward him for his play, give him a sniff of the NHL, then let him go back and rip up the OHL.

Snipeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Dark Knight
#TheStroShow

I know comparing Kadri to Gagner is way off. But I just dont want to rush a prospect with that high of a ceiling.

I firmly believed Gagner should have spent another year in juniors, not because he had something more to prove, which he did not. He had as good a year a prospect can have in London right before he was drafted, but just because he could have gotten a little more stronger and more mentally prepared.

I think Kadri will benefit immensely by spending another year in the juniors where he could be the focal point on their offense. He can concentrate further on his passing ability, his two-way play, and his strength.

09-20-2009, 02:52 PM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

He's done well, but it appears he's bound for London.

LeafErikson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 03:18 PM
nuck
Axis of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTurkelton View Post
I really hopes he plays 9 games. If he keeps playing like he is now they would have no reason to send him down. But part of me really wants to see him at the WJC.
I doubt he is ready for a top 6 center role. Lots of kids tear it up during pre season but when they are playing against NHL goaltending with set NHL lineups they cool off.
In a season where their 1st round pick is given away, they will win more games with him in Junior then with him learning on the job in the NHL. Not a big Stajan fan but I have little doubt he will manage a lot more points than NK is capable of this year.

Where every win is critical I can't see any point in keeping him around for another 9 games. What if he scores two points? It hurts his confidance and the won lost record at the same time. I don't think he can take a top 6 spot, and 12 minutes a game spotting in on the bottom 6 isn't going to help his development or his confidance as much as going back to Juniors right away. Give those games to Bozak or Tlusty. They need to be concerned with the guys that are going to play for them all season, not cup of coffee visits from draft picks.
Unless they actually believe he has a chance to win a top 6 spot, he will learn more in the WJHC and OHL playoffs than waiting for the inevitable demotion.

nuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 04:03 PM
eric71*

9 games, and see how he fits. If he doesnt get hurt or gets dummied in the corners, let him stay. If he cant win a fight for the puck in the corner for his life, back to Juniors.

eric71* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 04:32 PM
darrylsittler27

Too soon,too small.

There is no room for him anyway.Let him play 9 games and then lead London and attend WJC.

darrylsittler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 05:51 PM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynrehab View Post
Good Knight Nazeem! Who does he have to play with in London? Because what he needs is a really good linemate, and learn how to use each other. Maybe the Leafs pay London $100 000 to trade for an elite forward to play with, if they don't have one already. I'm going to go look it up.
London has McRae(St Louis), Varone(San Jose), Erlich(released from San Jose), Rinaldo(Philly), Taylor(Washington and Vancouver tryouts) and Knight(first rounder in 2010 NHL draft) to play with. He'll have really good line mates. Varone Erlich and Kadri were dominate in the playoffs last year. Plus he'll have Hall, Schenn, Ashton, Seguin, Hishon to play with at the WJC.

JL17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 06:13 PM
sgupca

He's played well, but there isn't any point in teasing him or risking an injury. Send him back to junior for one more year of seasoning.

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 06:24 PM
BIG BLUE

to Kadri:
"son, take a look at Crosby's body, strength and fitness level...and you now have a year...please do your best to replicate that...see you next year."

BIG BLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 06:31 PM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynrehab View Post
I just started a thread over on the OHL board. We should get some good insight into who he is likely playing with.

LeafErikson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Toronto Maple Burke

Definitely should go down to juniors after the preseason but then I would have said the same thing for Schenn last year also.

Toronto Maple Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 08:14 PM
Sergei Berezin

He played pretty damn well last night, that's for sure... looked great on the PP and was making plays all night.

Sergei Berezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 11:30 PM
Poggemon Destiny*

I was about to post a similar poll but here are my thoughts...after seeing Kadri play it so obvious what this Leafs team lacks and has been lacking for years- HIGH LEVEL SKILL...like Kadri posseses...not that I just noticed it, but it's becoming so obvious...damn some of our Leafs- they play hard and what not but just suck arse when it comes to skill and talent...Kadri v.s. the Flyers should have had 3 assists..the dude gift wrapped passes/goals to Mitchell, Stempniak and some other bozo and they flubbered..looked pathetic...put Kadri out there on the PP and 2nd line duties and the odd shift here n there with Kessel...the team has nothing to lose...we have a solid D-core, only 1 first line player and 2-3 good 2nd players in Grabo, Hagman and then Poni...Kadri will gain size and strength in time..he knows that..there are things he needs to work on like faceoffs and not always trying to stick handle through...he'll learn that but @#$@#'s sake let one of our few skilled players play especially when we're supposed to ascending and not descending now...ideally in some time:

x-Kadri-Kessel
Poni(or x)-Grabo-Hagman
Kulemin-Bozak-Tlusty (although he looks like he'll be ready in the year 2027, shown jack crap so far..so Stralberg I guess)
Orr-Mitchell-whoever-whatever-Hanson-blah blah

P.S. I think Toskala needs 10-12 more surgeries...what a stinker.

Last edited by Poggemon Destiny*: 09-20-2009 at 11:38 PM.
Poggemon Destiny* is offline   Reply With Quote