HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL History made tonight

Old
09-19-2009, 09:44 PM
BaseballCoach

vCash: 500
NHL History made tonight

In a stunning turnaround, the September 17-18 defending Stanley Cup champs, the Montreal Canadiens, were all but eliminated from playoff contention in the September 19-20 season, dropping a 6-1 decision to their hated rival, the Ottawa Senators led by Alexei Kovalev. Kovalev, who played only one game last season, starred in tonight's crucial matchup, forcing the resignation of General Manager Bob Gainey just minutes ago. Gainey was heavily criticized in July of 2009 for letting the enigmatic Russian slip through his fingers, but the criticism abated dramatically during the Habs Cup run earlier this week. However, tonight's tilt proved to be the final nail in Bob's coffin.

The Habs, who play their final game of the season tomorrow, will likely miss the top 16 unless they win by 6 or more goals. Interim head coach Brian Savage, hired earlier tonight after Gainey fired reigning Adams Trophy winner Jacques Martin during the third period, will have to design a game plan that will maximize the team's offensive chances. Rumour has it that Savage, quite conscious of the fact that the game is being played well before November 1st, plans to suit up himself and is hoping to score his usual two or three goals.

The challenge, however, remains virtually insurmountable given that the club is playing the Boston Bruins, who are expected to be the beneficiaries of inside information being leaked to them by a recently hired employee of the Habs' official broadcaster, RDS: PJ Stock. Stock, a former NHLer who wears the Boston logo on his pyjamas and hates the Habs with a passion, has reportedly already given the Bruins brass a list of Habs players who play with overly curved sticks as well as the inside scoop on guys playing hurt so that the Bruins can make sure to hit all the sore spots on their bodies.

Should Savage fail in his attempt to pull the Habs into the playoffs, the word on the street is that JC Lajoie, who is the Habs' new GM, will perform a radical roster revamping. Lajoie is expected to bring in additional Quebec players to play in the new season that will begin on September 21. Among the names mentioned on Internet site ruefrontdeliberation.com are Philippe Lefebvre, Guillaume Lefebvre, Sylvain Lefebvre, Sylvain Blouin, Louis Leblanc and talk-radio icon Louis from Mercier.

Don't forget to visit us online to obtain live reports from tomorrow's Bruins game being played at the Pepsi-MayWest Colisee in Quebec City.

Last edited by BaseballCoach: 09-20-2009 at 04:12 AM. Reason: spelling
BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 09:49 PM
knuck
On and off fan

lmfao

that was excellent

knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 10:03 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Because obviously the perfect fan is english canadian. As a french canadian I hate Koivu and think Guillaume should be the team's next captain. We hold no opinion, we repeat what Le Baron Chantelois tells us.
As an English Quebecer, I would rather talk to a French fellow citizen who loves the Habs than English-speaking PJ Stock from Trois-Rivieres who hates them.

But seriously, let's NOT make this thread into a linguistic battle. I was merely trying to poke fun at the many of us who are taking the exhibition season way too seriously.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 10:10 PM
bib
#believe

nicely done

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 10:12 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
As an English Quebecer, I would rather talk to a French fellow citizen who loves the Habs than English-speaking PJ Stock from Trois-Rivieres who hates them.

But seriously, let's NOT make this thread into a linguistic battle. I was merely trying to poke fun at the many of us who are taking the exhibition season way too seriously.
As a French Quebecer I actually prefer talking to English fellow citizens who love the Habs than french-speaking Alain Chantelois who's an idiot. I agree with your point however, fans being great or terrible has no relation to them being french, english or zulu.

But I digress, PJ Stock is from Trois-Rivières?

PS. Your thread is great but I think we should boo Markov out of town after his pitiful performance tonight instead

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 10:36 PM
Chroncelot

I lost a 100$ bet on this season, ****ing habs

Chroncelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 10:40 PM
Lizard King*

Sorry guys I didn't mean to come off as ignorant and such I guess I didn't make myself quite clear, I was trying to poke fun at the media and the fans who praise the habs then rip apart the habs the next day which is usually the idiots from french shows such as l'antichambre who never have anything bad to say about french canadian players.

Lizard King* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2009, 10:43 PM
Spectaculard
Trout104HR322RBI395R

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
But I digress, PJ Stock is from Trois-Rivières?
Yeah, what the hell?

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 12:21 AM
StlRams514

Send a message via MSN to StlRams514
Bloody hilarious! Amazing work man, first time in a while that a thread on one of these sites has made me smile when it was supposed to.

StlRams514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 12:33 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
No words can do justice for your thread BC.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 12:33 AM
SerialSeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by StlRams514 View Post
In the other provinces English and French are both the official language, it's just that English is spoken more.
In Quebec, French is the official language, and English is the second language, in law and speech. In Quebec, we have to be special I guess...
Nope!

Only NB is officially Bilingual.
You are thinking at the federal level.

BTW OP pretty good effort!

SerialSeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 12:39 AM
Hockey Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalery View Post
There is actually no official language in the U.S.
Over half the states do though.

Hockey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 01:21 AM
RebelMe
The Last Unconcussed

Send a message via ICQ to RebelMe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chroncelot View Post
My 60$ were with you on this

RebelMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 04:03 PM
keepcalmandbeninja

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chroncelot View Post
My 60$ were with you on this
Find solace with our moral victories : )

GM Lajoie, lol love his humour/music hehehhe

keepcalmandbeninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 11:05 PM
SpreeEndaz

We should just put a bag on our heads out of shame, just like in this video:

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote