HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryans contract extension

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-20-2009, 04:06 PM
  #1
bumperkisser
Registered User
 
bumperkisser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,671
vCash: 500
Ryans contract extension

This is all assuming that ryan puts up roughly 40-40 this season.. I see no reason why he shouldnt as he has been our best player in pre-season.. (i know its just pre-season but its still good to see that hes rackin up the points)

What if we did one of those RIDICULOUSLY LONG DEALS lol with a low cap hit..? Do you gusy think that it would be a good idea?

Maybe like 13 years 5 mil cap hit or something?

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 04:13 PM
  #2
Talentless Practise*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
What if we did one of those RIDICULOUSLY LONG DEALS lol with a low cap hit..? Do you gusy think that it would be a good idea?

Maybe like 13 years 5 mil cap hit or something?
Ryan is too good and too young to go for a 5M cap hit deal for that length. Shorter, yes, longer, yes.

4/20 or 18/90 would probably get a 5 cap hit but a deal that takes him to just the end of his prime will not get it done if his agent is worth anything.

Would you guys do 16-18 years for 80-90 million? I sure as hell wouldn't.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 04:26 PM
  #3
Spankatola Jamnuts*
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: ...sucka?
Country: United States
Posts: 10,982
vCash: 500
Assuming he has a good year I'd like his deal to be in the 6-7 year range, so that there's no way it overlaps with Perry/Getzlaf's next contract. I have a bad feeling we won't be able to keep all three.

Spankatola Jamnuts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 04:58 PM
  #4
Bleak
Registered User
 
Bleak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spankatola Jamnuts View Post
Assuming he has a good year I'd like his deal to be in the 6-7 year range, so that there's no way it overlaps with Perry/Getzlaf's next contract. I have a bad feeling we won't be able to keep all three.
I think these 3 are to stay myself, I personally think Perry's cap hit will stay at 5-5.5M as that is fair for the numbers he puts up. But in today's NHL fair doesn't always compensate the team that is losing that player (See Penner...).
Getzlaf does deserve the raise, but with money already banking do you think he'll take the 6.5-8.0M he deserves? Maybe he'll stay in the low 6 range.
I think Bobby is going to be getting a ~4.5-5.5M cap hit. He understands the position in the team. Though Kessel doesn't help his case...

Bleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 05:04 PM
  #5
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000
 
c4rcy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: OC, California
Country: United States
Posts: 2,517
vCash: 500
6 year/27-32M

is what i'm hoping.

we can afford to spend once scott/teemu leaves

c4rcy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 06:05 PM
  #6
Degenerate191
Registered User
 
Degenerate191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Portland, OR
Country: United States
Posts: 1,652
vCash: 500
Give him the max!

Degenerate191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 07:24 PM
  #7
bumperkisser
Registered User
 
bumperkisser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,671
vCash: 500
I would seriously HOPE that getzy asks for about a 6-6.5 mil cap hit...

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 07:59 PM
  #8
Paul4587
Moderator
 
Paul4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16,022
vCash: 500
Although he is probably worth more, I would like to think he wouldn't be asking for more than Getzlaf makes. I wouldn't mind a long term deal that keeps him in Anaheim a very long time, as long as it's not too extreme a length.

Burke really overpaid for Kessel which doesn't help things.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Ryan can sign an extension anytime from July 1st this year, can't he? If that's the case, him signing an extension early in the year may cost the Ducks less cap space than if he signed after he puts up another 70+ point season.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 08:01 PM
  #9
Paul4587
Moderator
 
Paul4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
I would seriously HOPE that getzy asks for about a 6-6.5 mil cap hit...
Getzlaf is easily worth 8, he's not far behind Crosby and Malkin in terms of the impact he can have on a game.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2009, 09:04 PM
  #10
bumperkisser
Registered User
 
bumperkisser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,671
vCash: 500
Yeah i know hes worth 8, im just HOPING hes gonna take a massive discount
I think we arent going to sign people too early because murray needs to figure out what the cap is going to be like

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 12:12 AM
  #11
paine
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orange County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,902
vCash: 500
I'm guessing Bobby Ryan signs the same contract as Getzlaf and Perry. Length and cap hit that is.

paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 01:52 PM
  #12
Jimgrayson
Registered User
 
Jimgrayson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lincoln
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
I'm guessing Bobby Ryan signs the same contract as Getzlaf and Perry. Length and cap hit that is.
I could definitely see that. He'll have to put in a monster season to show he's worth more than Getz, and hopefully if that happens he'll be happy to settle for equal pay. Him and Getz are the two players I'd be ok giving a crazy long contract to if we were forced towards that option

Jimgrayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 09:10 AM
  #13
Talentless Practise*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,244
vCash: 500
Did Peter Chiarelli screw us or what? Milan frigging Lucic got over 4 per year on a short deal without sacrificing any UFA years. What's Bobby's agent going to ask now, 8 per?

My lord that is an insane contract.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 09:44 AM
  #14
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!
 
snarktacular's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 17,717
vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talentless Practise View Post
Did Peter Chiarelli screw us or what? Milan frigging Lucic got over 4 per year on a short deal without sacrificing any UFA years. What's Bobby's agent going to ask now, 8 per?

My lord that is an insane contract.
Are you saying that Cam Neely isn't worth 4 million? Because Lucic is better than Neely. Or at least that's what I've heard.

Yikes, that's Penner territory.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 04:50 PM
  #15
Jerky Leclerc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Anaheim
Country: United States
Posts: 7,637
vCash: 500
I would wait until the end of the year to give him a new contract. He won't make more than Ryan Getzlaf so it doesn't matter when you give him his money.

Jerky Leclerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 07:56 PM
  #16
SmackCrackleNPop
Registered User
 
SmackCrackleNPop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Stanton, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 272
vCash: 500
No way. I think years from now we can all look back and see how insane those long term deals are. 10 years is pushing it, I'm comfortable with 7-8 years max. 6-7 million per year give or take. He's good but he's not that good. Imagine putting down that much of an investment and it turns out his first real year was just an aberration and he's not a 40-40 player but more of a 25-35 player. Too soon to invest.

SmackCrackleNPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 07:59 PM
  #17
Paul4587
Moderator
 
Paul4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16,022
vCash: 500
There's no way Ryan is worth 6-7 million per year. Not when Getzlaf only makes 5.325.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 08:02 PM
  #18
SmackCrackleNPop
Registered User
 
SmackCrackleNPop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Stanton, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 272
vCash: 500
No way. I think years from now we can all look back and see how insane those long term deals are. 10 years is pushing it, I'm comfortable with 7-8 years max. 6-7 million per year give or take. He's good but he's not that good. Imagine putting down that much of an investment and it turns out his first real year was just an aberration and he's not a 40-40 player but more of a 25-35 player. Too soon to invest.

SmackCrackleNPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 08:21 PM
  #19
bumperkisser
Registered User
 
bumperkisser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
There's no way Ryan is worth 6-7 million per year. Not when Getzlaf only makes 5.325.
Bobby ryan is definitely worth 6-7 mil.. getzlaf is easily worth 7-8 he just chose to take a HUGEE discount and sign for 5.325, what a player is worth is different than what he signs for.. i.e. gomez not worth his contract, and getzlaf is worth MORE than his contract

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 09:51 PM
  #20
Paul4587
Moderator
 
Paul4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
Bobby ryan is definitely worth 6-7 mil.. getzlaf is easily worth 7-8 he just chose to take a HUGEE discount and sign for 5.325, what a player is worth is different than what he signs for.. i.e. gomez not worth his contract, and getzlaf is worth MORE than his contract
Why is he definitely worth $6-7M, because he's had one good season so far?? I don't doubt he'll be worth $6M by the end of his contract, but paying for potential is a risky move (see Penners contract for an example) and I doubt Murray is interested in paying someone who's only played 1 year at this point that much money.

Also, I never said that Getzlaf wasn't a bargain, I said that if Getzlaf is making $5.325M then Ryan can't expect to get more than that, especially with the uncertainty regarding the cap coming down next year. At the time Getzlaf signed he didn't take a discount, he was relatively unproven and had yet to establish himself as an elite player.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 05:13 AM
  #21
jepjepjoo
Registered User
 
jepjepjoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
Bobby ryan is definitely worth 6-7 mil.. getzlaf is easily worth 7-8 he just chose to take a HUGEE discount and sign for 5.325, what a player is worth is different than what he signs for.. i.e. gomez not worth his contract, and getzlaf is worth MORE than his contract
How was it a "HUGEE discount"? He had 39 and 58 point seasons under his belt. Signing a $26.625 million contract after playing just 158 NHL games and not yet proving anything is a HUGEE jackpot not a HUGEE discount.

jepjepjoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 10:23 AM
  #22
xicethug13x
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ADDISON
Country: United States
Posts: 696
vCash: 500
okay i think it will go down like this

RYAN- same contract that perry and getzlaf got 5.325 for 5 years
PERRY- i think his next contract will be somthing like 5.5 per for 5-7 years
GEtZLAF- this is the most important player to sign in my opininion...i think on the open market he gets offers for 8.5 per for 8-10 years...but i feel he will want to stay in anaheim(who wouldnt best place in teh league to play in my opinion)...and will sign for about 7-7.5 per for 6-8 years

xicethug13x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 11:18 AM
  #23
bumperkisser
Registered User
 
bumperkisser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Why is he definitely worth $6-7M, because he's had one good season so far?? I don't doubt he'll be worth $6M by the end of his contract, but paying for potential is a risky move (see Penners contract for an example) and I doubt Murray is interested in paying someone who's only played 1 year at this point that much money.

Also, I never said that Getzlaf wasn't a bargain, I said that if Getzlaf is making $5.325M then Ryan can't expect to get more than that, especially with the uncertainty regarding the cap coming down next year. At the time Getzlaf signed he didn't take a discount, he was relatively unproven and had yet to establish himself as an elite player.
Well when i started this thread, i posted that IF he puts up another great season so like PPG season, thats how i got to the 6 mil, as for getzy, i suppose it wasnt a huge discount nor a huge jackpot because he signed the contract extension halfway through the year correct? and at that time he was at PPG numbers

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 01:51 PM
  #24
jepjepjoo
Registered User
 
jepjepjoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
Well when i started this thread, i posted that IF he puts up another great season so like PPG season, thats how i got to the 6 mil, as for getzy, i suppose it wasnt a huge discount nor a huge jackpot because he signed the contract extension halfway through the year correct? and at that time he was at PPG numbers
19 games and 21 points... IMO thats a great contract for Getzlaf(from his point of view)

Edit. I also think Perry´s contract was overpayment

jepjepjoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 09:27 PM
  #25
Jerky Leclerc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Anaheim
Country: United States
Posts: 7,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jepjepjoo View Post
19 games and 21 points... IMO thats a great contract for Getzlaf(from his point of view)

Edit. I also think Perry´s contract was overpayment
I wonder if you want to take that statement back. He was on in both Selanne goals and scored a pair himself. IMO, Perry is one of the most important players on this team.

Jerky Leclerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.