Notices

Ryans contract extension

Old
10-08-2009, 09:50 PM
jepjepjoo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky Leclerc View Post
I wonder if you want to take that statement back. He was on in both Selanne goals and scored a pair himself. IMO, Perry is one of the most important players on this team.
Nope, it doesn´t matter if he scores 70 goals this season... It was overpayment cause he had 25, 44, 54point seasons and got over 5mil per year contract.

jepjepjoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 10:09 PM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
uh.. perry at that time i thought 5.325 was definitely overpayment, however points arent everything.. the things he brings to the game grit,agitator,bumpin into goalies.. that stuff you cant put a price tag on that.. so although 5.325 is a lot for points, the other stuff he brings i think balances it out.. and now that contract is a steal just like getzy's

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 10:17 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

It could be argued that we paid a tad much for Perry as a reward for waiting out the cap situation (no offer sheet) and not being able to sign him mid-year like Getzlaf.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 02:17 AM
jepjepjoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
uh.. perry at that time i thought 5.325 was definitely overpayment, however points arent everything.. the things he brings to the game grit,agitator,bumpin into goalies.. that stuff you cant put a price tag on that.. so although 5.325 is a lot for points, the other stuff he brings i think balances it out.. and now that contract is a steal just like getzy's
That actually costs about the league minimum per year

Old
10-09-2009, 02:51 AM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jepjepjoo View Post
19 games and 21 points... IMO thats a great contract for Getzlaf(from his point of view)

Edit. I also think Perry´s contract was overpayment
A ppg 30-40 goal scoring winger whos gritty and agitates the opposition making 5.3 is market value at worse right now

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 03:08 AM
jepjepjoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominate View Post
A ppg 30-40 goal scoring winger whos gritty and agitates the opposition making 5.3 is market value at worse right now
And when has Perry been a 30-40 goal ppg player? Certainly not before signing the contract(nor after)

Old
10-09-2009, 03:35 AM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
And when has Perry been a 30-40 goal ppg player? Certainly not before signing the contract(nor after)
How about last year? 32 goals 72 points in 78 games? close enough man

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 07:45 AM
jepjepjoo

Quote:
He got the contract before that

Old
10-09-2009, 07:45 AM
Paul4587

Quote:
I think he means at the time of signing Perrys career high was only 54 points, which isn't exactly worth $5.3M. I could be wrong though.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 07:47 AM
jepjepjoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
I think he means at the time of signing Perrys career high was only 54 points, which isn't exactly worth $5.3M. I could be wrong though.
That´s exactly what i mean.

Old
10-09-2009, 02:42 PM
Slevesque

1 goal in 3 games, bad luck on Ryan's part or somophore slump in perspective ?

Slevesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 05:18 PM
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slevesque View Post
1 goal in 3 games, bad luck on Ryan's part or somophore slump in perspective ?
i hope you are not one of those people that just looks at the stat sheets every night and evaluates skill off of that.

the first 2 games he wasn't in it really. last game, he showed really what he could do as an offensive threat, and scored a goal on a sweet through the leg tip 15 feet from the net. the top line showed that they can rev it up...as they combined for 17 shots on net last night alone.

so i hope you evaluate this in stride. and 3 games is an extremely small sample size. evaluate it over 10 or 20 if you're going to assume he's going into slump mode.

c4rcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 05:53 PM
MontrealStateOfMind

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4rcy View Post
i hope you are not one of those people that just looks at the stat sheets every night and evaluates skill off of that.

the first 2 games he wasn't in it really. last game, he showed really what he could do as an offensive threat, and scored a goal on a sweet through the leg tip 15 feet from the net. the top line showed that they can rev it up...as they combined for 17 shots on net last night alone.

so i hope you evaluate this in stride. and 3 games is an extremely small sample size. evaluate it over 10 or 20 if you're going to assume he's going into slump mode.
Hey habs fan here. Dont catch a lot of ducks games, but have been fortunate enough to watch the last few. I noticed that he is not the fastest skater out there but has good hands. Also, noticed he is not being featured on the top PP (Selanne and Koivu have supplanted him). Do you guys think this hurts his chances of having as good as season as he had last year, considering less pp and all?

From the limited games that i saw him (the Flyers and Rangers game), he does not seem as comfortable as last year. Since you guys see him play more often, what do you expect from him 55-60 points, or 70-80 points?

MontrealStateOfMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealStateOfMind View Post
Hey habs fan here. Dont catch a lot of ducks games, but have been fortunate enough to watch the last few. I noticed that he is not the fastest skater out there but has good hands. Also, noticed he is not being featured on the top PP (Selanne and Koivu have supplanted him). Do you guys think this hurts his chances of having as good as season as he had last year, considering less pp and all?

From the limited games that i saw him (the Flyers and Rangers game), he does not seem as comfortable as last year. Since you guys see him play more often, what do you expect from him 55-60 points, or 70-80 points?
Him and Getzlaf have looked pretty bad to start the year. Ryans hands don't look anywhere near as good as they did last year and he looks a bit slower too. I predicted he would get between 60-70 points before the year and that's still a pretty safe bet IMO, although it might be closer to 60 than 70. He was never on the top PP unit apart from when Selanne was injured so that shouldn't affect his numbers too much.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 06:39 PM
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Him and Getzlaf have looked pretty bad to start the year. Ryans hands don't look anywhere near as good as they did last year and he looks a bit slower too. I predicted he would get between 60-70 points before the year and that's still a pretty safe bet IMO, although it might be closer to 60 than 70. He was never on the top PP unit apart from when Selanne was injured so that shouldn't affect his numbers too much.
He is definitely not the same as last year. I think once the year gets going, Getz and Ryan will shape up. Not saying that they'll completely be as dominant as last year, but numbers should start rising. They do look a bit out of shape.

c4rcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 07:31 PM
bumperkisser

Why would ryan look out of shape? getting too cocky so didnt work as hard as last years offseason?? He made tremendous strides last offseason and this offseason he sitll went to the same coach so shouldnt he keep on improving? Im confused lol

Old
10-12-2009, 07:48 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

I dunno about Ryan being out of shape. He looked fine in preseason. His conditioning was one thing I was concerned about since he hadn't been good at it before the 07-08 offseason, and it was always possible he relapsed into his bad habits. But those fears seemed out of place in training camp and in the exhibition games.

Ryan just seems off for some reason. His hands are terrible compared to normal too.

It's probably just some kind of sophomore slump/bad luck thing.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

There were a couple different articles about how Ryan had committed to fitness this offseason, spent it working out with Skahan. I don't think that's the issue. Getzlaf is Bertuzzied while he's healing, and Bobby's confidence seems a bit shaken at the moment. It'll come together at some point.

Spankatola Jamnuts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Quote:
You're out to lunch. They saw what he'd be worth and signed him long-term to that kind of money while they could. Had they waited, he'd have wanted (and deserved) more. You can claim all you want that elements of grit and passion are worth league minimum, but players who can beat goaltenders on the rush or in the crease, who always crash the net and never hear footsteps, take a tremendous beating and remain fearless, and contribute to a team's success on the scoreboard and between the lines are rare, and you lock them up as soon as and for as long as you can.

Spankatola Jamnuts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 09:32 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
He got the contract before that
Look, that's just the way it works in the league right now. Almost every contract given out to young players that have made some sort of impact are paying for potential. About every of those players start being overpaid and are supposed to be bargains by the end. You may dislike it, but it's happening on about every team.

Vipers31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 04:22 PM
AmartZing

Does Bobby Ryan play good since the beginning of the year? I know he just have 1 point in 5 games, but does he work hard to make something happen in the offensive zone?

I ask coz i really like the kid since he was drafted but i dont have a lot of chance to see him play!

Thanks for the report..

AmartZing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2009, 08:23 PM
bumperkisser

I personally feel like hes trying hard.. but for some reason he doesnt seem like hes in good shape and his hands dont seem to be as good as last year.. for what reason i dont know.. i do believe he has been busting his ass off though