HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is the rebuild really over?

Closed Thread

Old
09-21-2009, 10:30 AM
The Brewmeister
#Winning.

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Brewmeister Send a message via Skype™ to The Brewmeister
Is the rebuild really over?

Ok, I've seen all these threads and posts saying the rebuild is over... but really... is it?

We got Kessel, score! But who else do we have? Blake? Stajan? Poni? Kadri is expepcted to be sent down (despite the fact that a lot of Leafs Nation would like to see him play). Our defene is set, but do we really expect to go deep into the playoffs with the youth that we have?

I'm sure everybody likes Hanson, Bozak, and Kulemin, but we cant expect a ton from them when it's only their first year in the NHL.

My point is, Kessel cant carry a team on his own... especially when we dont get the guy until atleast November or December.

Old
09-21-2009, 10:32 AM
dubplatepressure

I think you answer your own question adequately.

Old
09-21-2009, 10:50 AM
EazyB97

Seems you want to build the team for this season, which isn't what the "Rebuild over" complaints are about. Those are about the team in 2-5 years and how these picks will hurt us down the road. Essentially saying we have to win in the near future. So the "rebuild" is over, in that we don't plan on finishing low anymore, but the re-tool (changing the face of the team, adding piece for the immediate future) is still in full force.

Old
09-21-2009, 10:50 AM
HariKari

The rebuild is over. The question should be how do you feel about our current prospect pool going forward.

Old
09-21-2009, 10:56 AM
Newfie John
Hall of Famer

Being discussed in the Kypreos thread.

Closed Thread