HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

50 Cents + Flames = Rap

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-06-2004, 12:14 AM
  #1
MVP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 2,627
vCash: 500
50 Cents + Flames = Rap

http://www.calgarypuck.com/CalgaryFlames.mp3

MVP is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 03:47 AM
  #2
Bandwagoner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 249
vCash: 500
very nice

Bandwagoner is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 03:57 AM
  #3
Safir*
 
Safir*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Turkmenistan
Posts: 13,959
vCash: 500
COOOOOOOOOLLL!!!

Is this coming from the Hip-Station in Calgary?

Safir* is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 04:17 AM
  #4
Cactus Jack
Registered User
 
Cactus Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 2,912
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
hahahaha oh man that rap was so bad it is good!!

you find me at the DOME!!! hahahahahaha oh mercy

Cactus Jack is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 09:55 PM
  #5
Jared Ramsden
Registered User
 
Jared Ramsden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,212
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
That was great. I thuroughly enjoyed that

Jared Ramsden is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 12:39 AM
  #6
ohlund2.2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 618
vCash: 500
Haha, I heard that a few days ago..pretty funny. :p

ohlund2.2 is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 02:01 PM
  #7
CalgaryThrasher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Calgary Alberta Cana
Country: Canada
Posts: 332
vCash: 500
What's up Vorn

CalgaryThrasher is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 03:52 PM
  #8
Zhackpot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomACE
COOOOOOOOOLLL!!!

Is this coming from the Hip-Station in Calgary?

Isn't The Hip station CJAY92? That's the only canadian rock they play.


Unfortunately there isn't a decent radio station in Calgary.

Zhackpot is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 04:15 PM
  #9
kruezer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhackpot
Isn't The Hip station CJAY92? That's the only canadian rock they play.


Unfortunately there isn't a decent radio station in Calgary.
You can say that again, I'll concede to Edmonton on this one, they got us beat for Radio Stations.

kruezer is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 04:32 PM
  #10
Cactus Jack
Registered User
 
Cactus Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 2,912
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
What? CJ92 is a great radio station. Good music, and the only one in Calgary that doesn't change formats every few years or ever!! The rest suck but this is good.

Cactus Jack is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 05:49 PM
  #11
Izzy4Real
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Calgary
Posts: 365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Jack
What? CJ92 is a great radio station. Good music, and the only one in Calgary that doesn't change formats every few years or ever!! The rest suck but this is good.

CJSW has some great music depending on when you listen and the late night cbc/ckua is pretty good. Apart from that I usually check CJ, then now 107 because its now a rock station... I ultimately turn the radie off

and that DAMN Vibe!!!!
Playing all this 50 Cent, Chingy, Nelly, Ja Rule, Snoop Dogg!

Honestly, the world has never heard of Living Legends, Hiero, Dilated Peoples, Visionaries, Typical Cats, Atmosphere, People Under the Stairs, Freestyle Fellowship, Cunninlynguists, The Roots, Common, or Blackstar!?

If the radio played good music, culture would be so much more bearable in Calgary. So many people get their Brains Washed into listening to this crap. If your a teenager it hits you the hardest! Its Horrible! these people with their HORRIBLE taste in music! Gah!

Izzy4Real is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 04:47 AM
  #12
Superfluous U
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: At a Stone Prison on a Hill
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy4Real
CJSW has some great music depending on when you listen and the late night cbc/ckua is pretty good. Apart from that I usually check CJ, then now 107 because its now a rock station... I ultimately turn the radie off

and that DAMN Vibe!!!!
Playing all this 50 Cent, Chingy, Nelly, Ja Rule, Snoop Dogg!

Honestly, the world has never heard of Living Legends, Hiero, Dilated Peoples, Visionaries, Typical Cats, Atmosphere, People Under the Stairs, Freestyle Fellowship, Cunninlynguists, The Roots, Common, or Blackstar!?

If the radio played good music, culture would be so much more bearable in Calgary. So many people get their Brains Washed into listening to this crap. If your a teenager it hits you the hardest! Its Horrible! these people with their HORRIBLE taste in music! Gah!
Its okay... Calm blue ocean, calm blue ocean. Soothing, isn't it?

Superfluous U is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 08:34 AM
  #13
Brizash!
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Damn Izzy. You actually know real hip hop!!! I guess there is one in every country?!?! Is there any good underground hip hop in Calgary? If so, can you hook me up? I can get you some good Philly *****. Jedi Mind Tricks, The last Emporer, Chops, Bahamadia, The mountain Brothers are some examples if you ever heard of any of them.......Let me know

You into Kaboom, Josh Martinez, Buck 65, Slug, Sage Francis...those guys?

Brizash! is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 08:36 AM
  #14
Brizash!
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
BTW, who are the Typical Cats and where are they from? They are the only ones I don't know that you listed.

Nevermind about Slug, I see Atmosphere on your list.

Brizash! is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 10:30 AM
  #15
Big Deaner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Calgary
Posts: 511
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Deaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizash!
Damn Izzy. You actually know real hip hop!!! I guess there is one in every country?!?! Is there any good underground hip hop in Calgary? If so, can you hook me up? I can get you some good Philly *****. Jedi Mind Tricks, The last Emporer, Chops, Bahamadia, The mountain Brothers are some examples if you ever heard of any of them.......Let me know

You into Kaboom, Josh Martinez, Buck 65, Slug, Sage Francis...those guys?
CJSW has some really good hip hop shows. Every Thursday night at 12 am they play alot of great hip hop as well as Sundays from 3pm until 530pm. I hesitate to use the word underground because hip hop doent have to be underground to be great music. Play all types of music from old school to Aesop Rock, Atmosphere, Brother Ali, Del, Kool Keith, MF Doom, Living Legends, Buck 65, Moka Only, Tribe, Blackalicious and the rest of the Quannum Crew, Eyedea and Abilities, El-P, Mr.Lif, Josh Martinez, the list goes on and on. They also play tons of Canadian hip hop which is surprisingly good. Great station!

Big Deaner is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 10:50 AM
  #16
Dr Love
Registered User
 
Dr Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Location, Location!
Posts: 20,378
vCash: 500
Copycats! This was done last year with the Flyers by a radio station in Philly.

Dr Love is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 11:27 AM
  #17
ohlund2.2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryThrasher
What's up Vorn


lol, you don't post much here CGY. I was wondering which one of these flames fans was you..

ohlund2.2 is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 03:24 PM
  #18
flamesfan12
Registered User
 
flamesfan12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Beaumont
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,970
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Here's another funny song. Absoluetly hilarious.

http://cfox.com/media/leafssuck.zip

flamesfan12 is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 01:43 PM
  #19
think-blue-
Registered User
 
think-blue-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,159
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to think-blue-
LMAO .. a friend just sent me that song. Hilarious stuff :lol

"Your defense is like efense, where's the d?" :lol

think-blue- is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 02:12 PM
  #20
OMA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,540
vCash: 500
It gets even better.

Guess what the #1 song on the "Hip-Hop" (that station is so far from hip-hop its not even funny.. but that's another issue..) station was for the last 5 days?

I'll give you ONE guess

OMA is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 02:24 PM
  #21
easton122
Registered User
 
easton122's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,951
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to easton122 Send a message via MSN to easton122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
Copycats! This was done last year with the Flyers by a radio station in Philly.

easton122 is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 03:01 PM
  #22
SedinFan*
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Posts: 10,543
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SedinFan*
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
That song is by far the best done of any playoff song I have ever heard.

SedinFan* is offline  
Old
04-11-2004, 10:48 AM
  #23
Izzy4Real
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Calgary
Posts: 365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizash!
Damn Izzy. You actually know real hip hop!!! I guess there is one in every country?!?! Is there any good underground hip hop in Calgary? If so, can you hook me up? I can get you some good Philly *****. Jedi Mind Tricks, The last Emporer, Chops, Bahamadia, The mountain Brothers are some examples if you ever heard of any of them.......Let me know

You into Kaboom, Josh Martinez, Buck 65, Slug, Sage Francis...those guys?
Josh Martinez is pretty good but in Canada, I'm more a fan of K-os, Classified, Oddities, Sweatshop, Solitair, earlier Rascalz, Kardinal Offishall, Buck 65 and (especially) Isosceles. In terms of Calgary Hip Hop, we got next to nothing, hopefully a big hip hop scene gets started our here. My brother saw this one jungle MC at a show just a little bit ago that he said was really tight.

And as for the Philly guys, I haven't heard much... its one city that I really gotta look into because it look like they got some damn good hip Hop out there. I've only really heard Jedi Mind Tricks, The Roots, Bahamadia and Rahzel enough to form an opinion and their all great. (Blackthought is easily one of my favorite MC's, this one freestyle I heard on a graf mixtape is CRAZY)

I'm not really, really big into Anticon (Illogic, Sole, Slug, Aesop Rock, Eyedea, Buck 6, Josh Martinez and whoever else) as a crew (when their colloborating on tracks)but to be fair I haven't heard toooo much of their group stuff. Solo though, Aesop Rock, Eyedea, Buck 65 and of course Slug have some CLASSIC material. (Music Music or Even Shadows have Shadows by Eyedea, Daylight and No Regrets by Aesop Rock, Pants on Fire by Buck 65 and too many to list from Slug lol)

Right now I'm really goin hard with the West Coast Hip Hop scene. As I said Hiero, (Del, Pep Love, Casual, Z-man,Souls of Mischief) Pharcyde, Visionaries, (Beat Junkies Affiliation, Rhettmatic, LMNO, Key Kool, 2Mex, cant remember the rest right now) Dilated Peoples, People Under the Stairs, Project Blowed/Freestyle Fellowship (Aceyalone, Ab Rude, Mikah 9, Busdriver and 2Mex mostly) and ESPECIALLY Living Legends (Grouch, Murs, Luckyiam.PSC, Scarub, Eligh, Asop, Bicasso, Sunspot, Arata) are what I've been listening to non-stop.

And Typical Cats, if I'm not mistaken are from Chicago. They do a bunch of stuff with the Molemen if you've heard of them.

And Big Deaner: I Know/Agree, CJSW has some great hip hop late night, last week I heard one song off Cee-Lo's new album that sounded amazing.


Last edited by Izzy4Real: 04-11-2004 at 10:54 AM.
Izzy4Real is offline  
Old
04-11-2004, 11:46 PM
  #24
rye&ginger
Registered User
 
rye&ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy4Real
Honestly, the world has never heard of Living Legends, Hiero, Dilated Peoples, Visionaries, Typical Cats, Atmosphere, People Under the Stairs, Freestyle Fellowship, Cunninlynguists, The Roots, Common, or Blackstar!?
props. Message me if you want to find each other on soulseek or whatever else you use to find music.

not a half bad Flames song. Better than the crap rock stuff that everyone churns out. Why cant a good band make one?

rye&ginger is offline  
Old
04-14-2004, 01:34 AM
  #25
kruezer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy4Real
Josh Martinez is pretty good but in Canada, I'm more a fan of K-os, Classified, Oddities, Sweatshop, Solitair, earlier Rascalz, Kardinal Offishall, Buck 65 and (especially) Isosceles. In terms of Calgary Hip Hop, we got next to nothing, hopefully a big hip hop scene gets started our here. My brother saw this one jungle MC at a show just a little bit ago that he said was really tight.

And as for the Philly guys, I haven't heard much... its one city that I really gotta look into because it look like they got some damn good hip Hop out there. I've only really heard Jedi Mind Tricks, The Roots, Bahamadia and Rahzel enough to form an opinion and their all great. (Blackthought is easily one of my favorite MC's, this one freestyle I heard on a graf mixtape is CRAZY)

I'm not really, really big into Anticon (Illogic, Sole, Slug, Aesop Rock, Eyedea, Buck 6, Josh Martinez and whoever else) as a crew (when their colloborating on tracks)but to be fair I haven't heard toooo much of their group stuff. Solo though, Aesop Rock, Eyedea, Buck 65 and of course Slug have some CLASSIC material. (Music Music or Even Shadows have Shadows by Eyedea, Daylight and No Regrets by Aesop Rock, Pants on Fire by Buck 65 and too many to list from Slug lol)

Right now I'm really goin hard with the West Coast Hip Hop scene. As I said Hiero, (Del, Pep Love, Casual, Z-man,Souls of Mischief) Pharcyde, Visionaries, (Beat Junkies Affiliation, Rhettmatic, LMNO, Key Kool, 2Mex, cant remember the rest right now) Dilated Peoples, People Under the Stairs, Project Blowed/Freestyle Fellowship (Aceyalone, Ab Rude, Mikah 9, Busdriver and 2Mex mostly) and ESPECIALLY Living Legends (Grouch, Murs, Luckyiam.PSC, Scarub, Eligh, Asop, Bicasso, Sunspot, Arata) are what I've been listening to non-stop.

And Typical Cats, if I'm not mistaken are from Chicago. They do a bunch of stuff with the Molemen if you've heard of them.

And Big Deaner: I Know/Agree, CJSW has some great hip hop late night, last week I heard one song off Cee-Lo's new album that sounded amazing.
Hey I hear good things about Buck 65, any song recommendations?

kruezer is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.