Bandwagoner

vCash: 500
very nice

Old
04-06-2004, 03:57 AM
Safir*

COOOOOOOOOLLL!!!

Is this coming from the Hip-Station in Calgary?

Old
04-06-2004, 04:17 AM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
hahahaha oh man that rap was so bad it is good!!

you find me at the DOME!!! hahahahahaha oh mercy

Old
04-06-2004, 09:55 PM
Jared Ramsden

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
That was great. I thuroughly enjoyed that

Old
04-07-2004, 12:39 AM
ohlund2.2

Haha, I heard that a few days ago..pretty funny. :p

Old
04-07-2004, 02:01 PM
CalgaryThrasher

What's up Vorn

Old
04-07-2004, 03:52 PM
Zhackpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomACE
COOOOOOOOOLLL!!!

Is this coming from the Hip-Station in Calgary?

Isn't The Hip station CJAY92? That's the only canadian rock they play.

Unfortunately there isn't a decent radio station in Calgary.

Old
04-07-2004, 04:15 PM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhackpot
Isn't The Hip station CJAY92? That's the only canadian rock they play.

Unfortunately there isn't a decent radio station in Calgary.
You can say that again, I'll concede to Edmonton on this one, they got us beat for Radio Stations.

Old
04-07-2004, 04:32 PM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
What? CJ92 is a great radio station. Good music, and the only one in Calgary that doesn't change formats every few years or ever!! The rest suck but this is good.

Old
04-07-2004, 05:49 PM
Izzy4Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Jack
What? CJ92 is a great radio station. Good music, and the only one in Calgary that doesn't change formats every few years or ever!! The rest suck but this is good.

CJSW has some great music depending on when you listen and the late night cbc/ckua is pretty good. Apart from that I usually check CJ, then now 107 because its now a rock station... I ultimately turn the radie off

and that DAMN Vibe!!!!
Playing all this 50 Cent, Chingy, Nelly, Ja Rule, Snoop Dogg!

Honestly, the world has never heard of Living Legends, Hiero, Dilated Peoples, Visionaries, Typical Cats, Atmosphere, People Under the Stairs, Freestyle Fellowship, Cunninlynguists, The Roots, Common, or Blackstar!?

If the radio played good music, culture would be so much more bearable in Calgary. So many people get their Brains Washed into listening to this crap. If your a teenager it hits you the hardest! Its Horrible! these people with their HORRIBLE taste in music! Gah!

Old
04-08-2004, 04:47 AM
Superfluous U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy4Real
CJSW has some great music depending on when you listen and the late night cbc/ckua is pretty good. Apart from that I usually check CJ, then now 107 because its now a rock station... I ultimately turn the radie off

and that DAMN Vibe!!!!
Playing all this 50 Cent, Chingy, Nelly, Ja Rule, Snoop Dogg!

Honestly, the world has never heard of Living Legends, Hiero, Dilated Peoples, Visionaries, Typical Cats, Atmosphere, People Under the Stairs, Freestyle Fellowship, Cunninlynguists, The Roots, Common, or Blackstar!?

If the radio played good music, culture would be so much more bearable in Calgary. So many people get their Brains Washed into listening to this crap. If your a teenager it hits you the hardest! Its Horrible! these people with their HORRIBLE taste in music! Gah!
Its okay... Calm blue ocean, calm blue ocean. Soothing, isn't it?

Old
04-08-2004, 08:34 AM
Brizash!

Damn Izzy. You actually know real hip hop!!! I guess there is one in every country?!?! Is there any good underground hip hop in Calgary? If so, can you hook me up? I can get you some good Philly *****. Jedi Mind Tricks, The last Emporer, Chops, Bahamadia, The mountain Brothers are some examples if you ever heard of any of them.......Let me know

You into Kaboom, Josh Martinez, Buck 65, Slug, Sage Francis...those guys?

Old
04-08-2004, 08:36 AM
Brizash!

BTW, who are the Typical Cats and where are they from? They are the only ones I don't know that you listed.

Nevermind about Slug, I see Atmosphere on your list.

Old
04-08-2004, 10:30 AM
Big Deaner

Send a message via Yahoo to Big Deaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizash!
Damn Izzy. You actually know real hip hop!!! I guess there is one in every country?!?! Is there any good underground hip hop in Calgary? If so, can you hook me up? I can get you some good Philly *****. Jedi Mind Tricks, The last Emporer, Chops, Bahamadia, The mountain Brothers are some examples if you ever heard of any of them.......Let me know

CJSW has some really good hip hop shows. Every Thursday night at 12 am they play alot of great hip hop as well as Sundays from 3pm until 530pm. I hesitate to use the word underground because hip hop doent have to be underground to be great music. Play all types of music from old school to Aesop Rock, Atmosphere, Brother Ali, Del, Kool Keith, MF Doom, Living Legends, Buck 65, Moka Only, Tribe, Blackalicious and the rest of the Quannum Crew, Eyedea and Abilities, El-P, Mr.Lif, Josh Martinez, the list goes on and on. They also play tons of Canadian hip hop which is surprisingly good. Great station!

Old
04-08-2004, 10:50 AM
Dr Love

Copycats! This was done last year with the Flyers by a radio station in Philly.

Old
04-08-2004, 11:27 AM
ohlund2.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryThrasher
What's up Vorn

lol, you don't post much here CGY. I was wondering which one of these flames fans was you..

Old
04-08-2004, 03:24 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Here's another funny song. Absoluetly hilarious.

http://cfox.com/media/leafssuck.zip

Old
04-10-2004, 01:43 PM
think-blue-

Send a message via MSN to think-blue-
LMAO .. a friend just sent me that song. Hilarious stuff :lol

"Your defense is like efense, where's the d?" :lol

Old
04-10-2004, 02:12 PM
OMA

It gets even better.

Guess what the #1 song on the "Hip-Hop" (that station is so far from hip-hop its not even funny.. but that's another issue..) station was for the last 5 days?

I'll give you ONE guess

Old
04-10-2004, 02:24 PM
easton122

Send a message via AIM to easton122 Send a message via MSN to easton122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
Copycats! This was done last year with the Flyers by a radio station in Philly.

Old
04-10-2004, 03:01 PM
SedinFan*

Send a message via MSN to SedinFan*
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
That song is by far the best done of any playoff song I have ever heard.

Old
04-11-2004, 10:48 AM
Izzy4Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizash!

Josh Martinez is pretty good but in Canada, I'm more a fan of K-os, Classified, Oddities, Sweatshop, Solitair, earlier Rascalz, Kardinal Offishall, Buck 65 and (especially) Isosceles. In terms of Calgary Hip Hop, we got next to nothing, hopefully a big hip hop scene gets started our here. My brother saw this one jungle MC at a show just a little bit ago that he said was really tight.

And as for the Philly guys, I haven't heard much... its one city that I really gotta look into because it look like they got some damn good hip Hop out there. I've only really heard Jedi Mind Tricks, The Roots, Bahamadia and Rahzel enough to form an opinion and their all great. (Blackthought is easily one of my favorite MC's, this one freestyle I heard on a graf mixtape is CRAZY)

I'm not really, really big into Anticon (Illogic, Sole, Slug, Aesop Rock, Eyedea, Buck 6, Josh Martinez and whoever else) as a crew (when their colloborating on tracks)but to be fair I haven't heard toooo much of their group stuff. Solo though, Aesop Rock, Eyedea, Buck 65 and of course Slug have some CLASSIC material. (Music Music or Even Shadows have Shadows by Eyedea, Daylight and No Regrets by Aesop Rock, Pants on Fire by Buck 65 and too many to list from Slug lol)

Right now I'm really goin hard with the West Coast Hip Hop scene. As I said Hiero, (Del, Pep Love, Casual, Z-man,Souls of Mischief) Pharcyde, Visionaries, (Beat Junkies Affiliation, Rhettmatic, LMNO, Key Kool, 2Mex, cant remember the rest right now) Dilated Peoples, People Under the Stairs, Project Blowed/Freestyle Fellowship (Aceyalone, Ab Rude, Mikah 9, Busdriver and 2Mex mostly) and ESPECIALLY Living Legends (Grouch, Murs, Luckyiam.PSC, Scarub, Eligh, Asop, Bicasso, Sunspot, Arata) are what I've been listening to non-stop.

And Typical Cats, if I'm not mistaken are from Chicago. They do a bunch of stuff with the Molemen if you've heard of them.

And Big Deaner: I Know/Agree, CJSW has some great hip hop late night, last week I heard one song off Cee-Lo's new album that sounded amazing.

Last edited by Izzy4Real: 04-11-2004 at 10:54 AM.
Old
04-11-2004, 11:46 PM
rye&ginger

Quote:
props. Message me if you want to find each other on soulseek or whatever else you use to find music.

not a half bad Flames song. Better than the crap rock stuff that everyone churns out. Why cant a good band make one?

Old
04-14-2004, 01:34 AM
kruezer

Quote:
Josh Martinez is pretty good but in Canada, I'm more a fan of K-os, Classified, Oddities, Sweatshop, Solitair, earlier Rascalz, Kardinal Offishall, Buck 65 and (especially) Isosceles. In terms of Calgary Hip Hop, we got next to nothing, hopefully a big hip hop scene gets started our here. My brother saw this one jungle MC at a show just a little bit ago that he said was really tight.

And as for the Philly guys, I haven't heard much... its one city that I really gotta look into because it look like they got some damn good hip Hop out there. I've only really heard Jedi Mind Tricks, The Roots, Bahamadia and Rahzel enough to form an opinion and their all great. (Blackthought is easily one of my favorite MC's, this one freestyle I heard on a graf mixtape is CRAZY)

I'm not really, really big into Anticon (Illogic, Sole, Slug, Aesop Rock, Eyedea, Buck 6, Josh Martinez and whoever else) as a crew (when their colloborating on tracks)but to be fair I haven't heard toooo much of their group stuff. Solo though, Aesop Rock, Eyedea, Buck 65 and of course Slug have some CLASSIC material. (Music Music or Even Shadows have Shadows by Eyedea, Daylight and No Regrets by Aesop Rock, Pants on Fire by Buck 65 and too many to list from Slug lol)

Right now I'm really goin hard with the West Coast Hip Hop scene. As I said Hiero, (Del, Pep Love, Casual, Z-man,Souls of Mischief) Pharcyde, Visionaries, (Beat Junkies Affiliation, Rhettmatic, LMNO, Key Kool, 2Mex, cant remember the rest right now) Dilated Peoples, People Under the Stairs, Project Blowed/Freestyle Fellowship (Aceyalone, Ab Rude, Mikah 9, Busdriver and 2Mex mostly) and ESPECIALLY Living Legends (Grouch, Murs, Luckyiam.PSC, Scarub, Eligh, Asop, Bicasso, Sunspot, Arata) are what I've been listening to non-stop.

And Typical Cats, if I'm not mistaken are from Chicago. They do a bunch of stuff with the Molemen if you've heard of them.

And Big Deaner: I Know/Agree, CJSW has some great hip hop late night, last week I heard one song off Cee-Lo's new album that sounded amazing.
Hey I hear good things about Buck 65, any song recommendations?

Closed Thread