HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(MIN vs CBJ 7pm) "All I Want For My Birthday is a CBJ Win GDT" (Self-Gloss Edition)

Old
09-21-2009, 11:29 PM
CBJCougar

vCash: 500
Before I go to bed, Happy Birthday CBJSprague24!! You got your wish!!

CBJCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 11:29 PM
GreaterGood

Send a message via Skype™ to GreaterGood
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post
Thanks. I know FSN picks up most of the games. I just remember last year having to watch online and listen like tonight and I'd like to be able to see all of them this year. Do you suppose Center Ice will pick up those games that FSN doesn't?
They will unless the game is also on Vs. Which is maybe 1 or 2 games per season. Center ice is excellent, the only drag about the coverage is that for some reason the CBJ coverage on Center Ice does not include the Pre-Game or the Post game shows for the home games. Some team do that but the CBJ don't. It is worthwhile to get the CI package, especially if you use a DVR.

Cheers!

GreaterGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 11:35 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Center Ice is a great investment, when the Cavs and Jackets are playing at the same time, there's always another good hockey game on I can watch.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 11:47 PM
MFRONE

Quote:
Thanks. I know FSN picks up most of the games. I just remember last year having to watch online and listen like tonight and I'd like to be able to see all of them this year. Do you suppose Center Ice will pick up those games that FSN doesn't?
If the game is not on FSN (and you live in Ohio/parts of Kentucky) and the other team is airing it, Center Ice will have it as long as the Blue Jackets lift the blackout restrictions (which they've done in the past).

MFRONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 05:03 AM
CzechMate93

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejacketsbabe161 View Post
Shoot, I missed it! Maybe I'll DVR tomorrow's morning news and hope they show it again.
I bet it'll be on the CBJ website for highlights from last night's game. Or even on TSN.
My voice is quite scratchy from last night - but I'm ready to do it again tonight!

CzechMate93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 07:14 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Good to hear we're back in the playoff hunt.

Q: After he makes the team, what will the collective HF Boards penance be for dissing Picard all these years?

A: We all have to upload a Picard Avatar for his first game.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 07:32 AM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCKY39 View Post
Just playing devil's advocate here...

Any chance Moore stays in Columbus this season as a 6/7th d-man? I say no, simply because seasoning would really help the kid, but if he's played so well in the pre-season, what would it hurt to give him his 9 games and see where things go?
Hitch said in his post game press conference that if Moore isn't going to be one of our top 6, then they will send him back to jr. where he will be playing all the time. Whether it is here or in jr, they want him playing.

He looked very good last night, but let's be honest, this wasn't a great Minny team they iced last night. We should have killed them and we did, but we are going to see much more what Moore is about if/when he faces a good boston or Pittsburg team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DfromBG View Post
Havent seen it posted yet...

Rick Nash scoooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeesss! CBJ up 4-0
This goal was SICK. It rivals the one he scored in Phx. It is too bad not many people will have seen it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DfromBG View Post
Brassard scooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeessss!!! CBJ up 5-0
This was an unreal pass from Huselius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFRONE View Post
Surprised to see no one mention that Torres got hurt and missed the 3rd period

Another game...another injury
Just back spasms...precautionary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casework View Post
Solid. Methot has a hard shot. Most of the d-mens shots were hitting the net. Klesla was very solid defensively. Both were impressive and I didn't notice any negative about either player.
I found they both played okay...nothing standout either way, but I did notice Rusty's shot missing the net several times. Methot also makes some nervous plays with the puck. Chinking it off the boards when he could go hard and fast up the middle or hitting shin pads when he should chink it off the boards.

Picard deserves a spot, he is doing everything he can to make the team. He had a breakaway and missed which was sad for him, but he just kept playing. He went nutz on that guy who he was trying to fight. No wonder the guy turtled, Picard was going to kill him.

Brass was great, so was Nash.

The pp looked better for a lot of their efforts. The setup is different. No more guy with his skates below the goal line. All three forwards are positioned above the goal line and one of the point men are more active in the effort to create more odd man rushes at the net. If we had one or two more right handed forwards you could see exactly where and when we needed them. At one point Huselius was fed a hard and fast pass, but because he is a left shot, wasn't in postion to shoot it. Too bad because it was a great setup.

Vermette was much better than the previous games.

Blunden also looks legit and like he has earned a spot. I am a big fan of the way he has played.

It was a much better effort as we controlled the game. Mason was solid in the first when he needed to be, but otherwise he wasn't overly tested. Too bad that he got beat, it would have been a nice way to start the season at home with a shutout.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 07:39 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post

Q: After he makes the team, what will the collective HF Boards penance be for dissing Picard all these years?

I hereby exempt myself from this punishment as I never dissed Picard. By extension, anyone who has accepted an avatar from me is also exempt.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 07:49 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I hereby exempt myself from this punishment as I never dissed Picard. By extension, anyone who has accepted an avatar from me is also exempt.
You were as guilty as the rest.

I was going to suggest we all be "hoisted on our own picard," and after researching the derivation of this saying, I find it even more apropo. From a yahoo smarty-pants:
It's "petard" and a petard was a bell shaped metal container filled with explosives. It was used to blow in gates or breach walls. It was lit with a slowly burning fuse, but there was always the danger of a premature explosion - the chance that you would be hoisted (lifted) by your own petard. It comes from Shakespeare and I think the quote is actually "hoist with his own petar." (Not "on" - that's just become the common parlance.) Interestingly, some cite petard as deriving from the French word for "fart." A different kind of explosion!

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 07:52 AM
hashmarks

Oh, and I wonder why in the world Richards didn't at least let Dubi play in the third period last night.

In his short time here, and limited playing time, Dubi became a fan favorite.

I am not sure why Richards would have bothered to let Harding play the entire game, especially when it was a blowout like that.

Old
09-22-2009, 07:54 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmarks View Post
Picard deserves a spot,
Quote:
Blunden also looks legit and like he has earned a spot. I am a big fan of the way he has played.
I agree and these are tough calls based on the number of guys available at those spots and the health status of Modin and Chimera.

I'd like to see Murray and Blunden join Pahlsson at this point, with Picard, Dorsett and Torres on the 4th. (Boll? Filatov? aarggh)

Old
09-22-2009, 08:25 AM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
I agree and these are tough calls based on the number of guys available at those spots and the health status of Modin and Chimera.

I'd like to see Murray and Blunden join Pahlsson at this point, with Picard, Dorsett and Torres on the 4th. (Boll? Filatov? aarggh)
I agree. Murray seems very dedicated to doing the right things and Blunden shows he has the potential to be capable.

I have advocated a 4th line of Torres/Picard/Dorsett/Boll on the 4th for a long time. Talk about a pita to play against, but also some scoring capability.

Old
09-22-2009, 08:52 AM
bluejacketsbabe161

Send a message via AIM to bluejacketsbabe161 Send a message via Yahoo to bluejacketsbabe161
Quote:

Haha, I would do this. I've never dissed him though - I love the guy. He needs to be more offensive, but I love that he's just a human wrecking ball and isn't afraid to hit anyone.

bluejacketsbabe161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 09:12 AM
PCH
Dangle.Snipe.Celly

Brassard's pass to Clitsome for the goal was awesome

PCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 09:34 AM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Quote:
Before I go to bed, Happy Birthday CBJSprague24!! You got your wish!!
Thanks Cougar. I'm 1-0 on 9/21!

Quote:

I think I threatened to hate on Picard if they gave him $1M+ but passed on Williams for the same amount, so I'll take part in the avatar penance even though that didn't end up playing out.

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 10:26 AM
dru
Jarmo Unchained

Send a message via AIM to dru
Is there any video highlights/replays from last nights game anywhere?

I want to watch that Nash goal again. That was a thing of beauty!

Clitsome and Vermette goals were also nasty.

dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 10:42 AM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCH View Post
Sure was.

Old
09-22-2009, 11:10 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCH View Post
He really threaded it through a tight space. I was also impressed that Clitsome could finish the play. I'm not sure how many of the CBJ defensemen over the years would have been there and would have had the hands to make the play.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 12:20 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

10,058 for a pre-season game.

As recently as last year, that was roughly a crowd for a regular season game.

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 01:04 PM
Doug19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post

Wow, that seams like a lot of people for what it looked like. I can't imaging 10k were in the arena last night!

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 02:09 PM
bluejacketsbabe161

Send a message via AIM to bluejacketsbabe161 Send a message via Yahoo to bluejacketsbabe161
Quote:

Yeah, there's no way there was 10k there. But the crowd there was definitely into it. Hopefully tonight will be better!

bluejacketsbabe161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 03:06 PM
BluejacketNut

Quote:

Paid, but certainly not in attendance! I'd go with between 6-7k. If thats the number they announced, thats actually pretty alarming, considering EVERY season ticket holder bought tickets. I cant see there being many regular tickets purchased, if any at all.

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote