HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phil Kessel was on The Morning Show today with Don Landry and Gord Stellick

Old
09-21-2009, 04:20 PM
Ratboy
The Samsquanch!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichManitoba View Post
I have a sweet spot for the original 6, especially the Canadian teams...it's called RESPECT. True hockey fans, and there are many here in Madison, know it's been a tough recent past for Toranto (), but that is soon to change!

I've always wanted to attend an NHL game in Toronto or Montreal to be at the game's roots.....Toronto is only about 600 miles so maybe this year............
It's TARANNA!

Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 04:22 PM
BIG BLUE

hey welcome to Leaf Nation cheese head!

I have cousins who grew up in Juneau...

it's pronounced Trono

BIG BLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 04:28 PM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

Quote:
Nice "bubbler" reference! Not many know about that.

That interview was vintage Phil, if a 21 year old can be vintage. He IS shy even on the phone. He's done interviews on the radio here in Madison and he sounds exactly the same. He is not arrogant or a snob; just a kid who has been under the microscope since he was about 8 years old. I'm sure he'll be quite nervous during interviews for a while.

It's very interesting reading all of the posts on all of the threads. You (fans) are very knowledgeable, but that is well known in the US hockey community.

My white cap with the blue Leaf is ordered, Center Ice on DISH Network is ordered, now welcome me as the newest Leaf's fan, please!!
Welcome to the team! The more Leaf fans, the better! Did you cheer for anyone else before?

And don't want to go off topic here, but I've always wondered why Wisconsin has never been considered for an NHL franchise. Seems like it's a natural fit. And would be a great natural rival for Minnesota.

LeafErikson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 04:52 PM
RichManitoba

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafErikson View Post
Welcome to the team! The more Leaf fans, the better! Did you cheer for anyone else before?

And don't want to go off topic here, but I've always wondered why Wisconsin has never been considered for an NHL franchise. Seems like it's a natural fit. And would be a great natural rival for Minnesota.
Being "aboot" 3 hours from Chicago, one could pick up the games on the radio back in the day, so there was a Blackhawks "lean". Currently there are some "Sconnies" on the Blackhawks, so I remain a bit close. I became a Bruins fan when Kessel got drafted, but we're done with them now! It's difficult here to be close to the NHL, but Center Ice has me busy all season.

There was a time not too long ago that Milwaukee was considered for a franchise. A wealthy family even built the Bradley Center (home of the AHL Admirals), but it was apparently blocked by old man Wirz in Chicago because of proximity. Milwaukee is not a good hockey city anyway. Madison is hockey mad, but only has about 210,000 population. We fill The Kohl Center for almost all Wisconsin Badger games (15,000 +), but this is a college town.

Oh yea...Minnesota? They suck!

Sorry to be off topic.

RichManitoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 04:56 PM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

Quote:
Being "aboot" 3 hours from Chicago, one could pick up the games on the radio back in the day, so there was a Blackhawks "lean". Currently there are some "Sconnies" on the Blackhawks, so I remain a bit close. I became a Bruins fan when Kessel got drafted, but we're done with them now! It's difficult here to be close to the NHL, but Center Ice has me busy all season.

There was a time not too long ago that Milwaukee was considered for a franchise. A wealthy family even built the Bradley Center (home of the AHL Admirals), but it was apparently blocked by old man Wirz in Chicago because of proximity. Milwaukee is not a good hockey city anyway. Madison is hockey mad, but only has about 210,000 population. We fill The Kohl Center for almost all Wisconsin Badger games (15,000 +), but this is a college town.

Oh yea...Minnesota? They suck!

Sorry to be off topic.
Do you think they could fill the arena in Milwaukee if Chicago allowed a franchise there? I have to believe a franchise there would be better than one in Nashville, or Phoenix.

Anyway, just something I always found odd. I never understood why the NHL wouldn't exhaust all traditional markets, before going to the non traditional ones.

Anyway, back on topic.

Old
09-21-2009, 05:06 PM
RichManitoba

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafErikson View Post
Do you think they could fill the arena in Milwaukee if Chicago allowed a franchise there? Anyway, back on topic.
Occasionally. They're just not hockey savvy over there.

I hear it as Teronno.

Last edited by RichManitoba: 09-21-2009 at 05:57 PM.
RichManitoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 05:17 PM
Ratboy
The Samsquanch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG BLUE View Post
hey welcome to Leaf Nation cheese head!

I have cousins who grew up in Juneau...

it's pronounced Trono
I got it.

Torawnna!

Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 05:38 PM
BIG BLUE

Tronna is Don Cherry's version

myself, and most people I know here say Tronn-o

you can hear Kadri say Tronn-o, being from London, Ontario

BIG BLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 05:40 PM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG BLUE View Post
Tronna is Don Cherry's version

myself, and most people I know here say Tronn-o

you can hear Kadri say Tronn-o, being from London, Ontario
Ya, definitely my accent too. I'm from that "area". Closer to K-W actually.

Old
09-21-2009, 05:54 PM
LeafsGuru93
me & Dave Ellett

I love how he keeps on saying "hAckey"

It's not how they died that made them heroes, it's how they lived, putting others safety 1st, each & every day. Thanks Toronto police for keeping us safe. -RIP Sgt. Ryan Russell, Const. Garrett Styles.
LeafsGuru93 is offline   Reply With Quote