HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Subscriber Referral Program

Old
09-21-2009, 02:17 PM
darrenturcotte#8

vCash: 500
Rangers Subscriber Referral Program

"Refer a new season ticketholder and receive your choice of a free autographed jersey of ANY player or a $250 food credit."

As predicted, the Rangers aren't going to sell out and have completely over estimated demand. Perhaps they shouldn't have jacked up prices in the middle of a depression. As I've said many times, this organization is a disgrace and has NO loyalty to its fan base. All those who keep saying, 'if you dont want your seat, somebody else does' were dead wrong. There is a limit to how far you can push your fan base around and the Rangers hit it. Brian Lafemina should be fired as there is no excuse for the Rangers not selling out. What a joke...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rangers are pathetic.jpg‎ (140.9 KB, 38 views)

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 02:21 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

If the Jets had a hard time selling out season tickets then so will the Rangers, it's the nature of the economy. Now the Rangers will try their best to sell off the rest. The prices are way to high for people unfortunately. It's even hard to sell individual games this year.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 02:48 PM
Ian
Mike York fan club

Yeah god forbid the organization does something for current season subscribers and gives them a bonus for helping them out, what jerks.

Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 02:52 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Yeah god forbid the organization does something for current season subscribers and gives them a bonus for helping them out, what jerks.
I think it's pretty cool - an autographed jersey? Not too shabby.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 02:54 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Who cares.

So a sport franchise raised the tickets a few bucks...I guess pretty much all sport franchises have "no loyalty" to their fans.

I buy my season tickets to watch half the game live and have a good time with Ranger fans...i don't buy my tickets so the Ranger staff can wipe my ass in the garden bathroom to show me their loyalty.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 02:58 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

AKA Cash for Clunkers?

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 03:09 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
"Refer a new season ticketholder and receive your choice of a free autographed jersey of ANY player or a $250 food credit."

As predicted, the Rangers aren't going to sell out and have completely over estimated demand. Perhaps they shouldn't have jacked up prices in the middle of a depression. As I've said many times, this organization is a disgrace and has NO loyalty to its fan base. All those who keep saying, 'if you dont want your seat, somebody else does' were dead wrong. There is a limit to how far you can push your fan base around and the Rangers hit it. Brian Lafemina should be fired as there is no excuse for the Rangers not selling out. What a joke...
Given that the unemployment rate in NYC is now over 10% and there's no end in sight (even though other areas of the country are beginning to show signs of improvement--this didn't hit NY first). And the signs are that quite of few of the jobs lost in the finiancial and banking sector won't be coming back, even if the Rangers hadn't raised ticket prices, they'd be having problems.

Plus, they struggled last season after deciding not to re-sign their most dynamic player--who had literally made hockey fun to watch again in New York. Add the two together and any team would be struggling to sell every seat (which is what the organization aims to do) before the season starts.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 07:38 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
The only seats they are trying to sell are the expensive lower bowl ones. No one in thier right mind would buy them for 200.00+ per seat per game. All of the 400's, 300's and about 98% of the 100 and 200's are sold out and have been sold out for a while now.

NyRangers88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 12:48 AM
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING

Hmm, if I recall correctly just about every NY area team had this problem.

The NY Yankees, which are having a stellar season, haven't sold all their seats and totally overestimated demand as well for their "luxury boxes." If that happens to the Yankees, then it almost certainly is going to happen to the rest of the NY teams. The Jets, Giants, Rangers... not a surprise at all.

I got offered a spot off the season ticket waitlist this year (partial 11 game plan) with the offer of a 300 or 400 level seat. I called to purchase a 400 level seat and they said we can only offer you 300 level (for a much higher price than 400) BUT, we're happy to announce that we can even upgrade you to a better level as we now have some spots available.

Suffice to say, I told them sorry put me back on the waitlist since I can only afford the 400 level at this time.

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 11:13 AM
aslim240

They have mispriced certain sections, particularly, the 200s in the corners, that is a lousy place to watch a game from and the seats are not noticeably different in terms of comfort from the 300s.

When I had a chance to renew, i was offered to move from my seats in the 10th row of the 300s, to the last row of the 200s right in front of me, for almost double the cost, which of course is silly, so I am back in the 300s.

They could sell out, for slightly less total revenue, if they priced the sections correctly.They have a couple 100 seats that are over priced by about $20-40 per seat, they would make up most of that 5-10k/game in food/merchandise etc if they had smarter pricing.

They could also help themselves by pricing games by opponent.

But while they are making a pricing mistake, they still provide the best customer service of all the New York area teams by far.

aslim240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 06:16 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslim240 View Post
They have mispriced certain sections, particularly, the 200s in the corners, that is a lousy place to watch a game from and the seats are not noticeably different in terms of comfort from the 300s.

When I had a chance to renew, i was offered to move from my seats in the 10th row of the 300s, to the last row of the 200s right in front of me, for almost double the cost, which of course is silly, so I am back in the 300s.

They could sell out, for slightly less total revenue, if they priced the sections correctly.They have a couple 100 seats that are over priced by about $20-40 per seat, they would make up most of that 5-10k/game in food/merchandise etc if they had smarter pricing.

They could also help themselves by pricing games by opponent.

But while they are making a pricing mistake, they still provide the best customer service of all the New York area teams by far
They can keep their customer service. Just give me a darn t-shirt. Apparently that's too much to ask for.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 08:06 PM
xevious

Who on earth is buying Rangers season tickets to "reward employees" in this economy? The recession is just beginning here in TX. The organization that I work for is about to lay off 5% of our staff.

Oh well, I guess they have to try and sell tickets. Good luck!

xevious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 11:39 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post

Brian Lafemina has moved on since over a year ago and the Rangers renewals while not as good as last year are still significantly high.

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote