HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

BGL, Mara, Hamrlik, Subban...

Old
09-21-2009, 01:54 PM
AgRiVaToRR*

vCash: 500
BGL, Mara, Hamrlik, Subban...

Subban injured his foot via blocking a shot at practise, but does anyone have any kind of update on the other three? I heard Hammer has the flu. Fine. But BGL? He worries me. Also, I have not heard anything at all about Mara.

Please bump this thread when you get some info on these 4.

AgRiVaToRR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 02:00 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

I heard Martin Mcguire @ CKAC saying that Subban had a foot injury, Mara lower body injury (minor injury) he should be able to play one of the last 2 games or even both of them, BGL lower body...

Nothing sounds too bad.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 02:02 PM
AgRiVaToRR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
I heard Martin Mcguire @ CKAC saying that Subban had a foot injury, Mara lower body injury (minor injury) he should be able to play one of the last 2 games or even both of them, BGL lower body...

Nothing sounds too bad.
BGL's injury worries me. One interview he says he's fine, 100%, best he's been in years and then he misses 5 days and counting with an unknown lower body injury

AgRiVaToRR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 02:07 PM
Lucius

Yeah, Subban apparently rolled his ankle on his first shift of his last pre-season game. Which partly explains his performance on a few plays.

...but is also a good thing, since he managed to finish that game.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 02:08 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Has there been any update on Fortier's injury? Not that I would expect it but anything on Masse's injury, I know he's going to be out still but I was wondering if there's any updates on his progress.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 02:23 PM
Magic33

Team 990 (Tony) said BGL was a slight groin injury.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 02:25 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Makes sense for Mara,he didn't push to hard late in the game last week,anyways better the rest right now

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 02:37 PM
Habs83

http://habsinsideout.com/main/21512

Updates on injuries:

On the injury front:

Roman Hamrlik was at the rink today for the first time since coming down with a virus before exhibition games began. Coach Jacques Martin says the defenceman is a possibility for Saturday's final preseason game.

Georges Laraque (lower body) skated with training staff this morning and is making progress. Martin said he might practice with team on Thursday.

P.K. Subban (foot) is day to day. He was working out in the gym today; you'll probably hear his stickhandling in the background of the Martin audio.

Alex Henry had hand surgery today, apparently having suffered a fracture during his fight Friday night against Ottawa's Matt Carkner. He's out four to six weeks.

Habs83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 03:07 PM
saints96

BGL has herniated discs, i wont be surprised if his career will be cut short due to it. I know, i have 2 herniated discs and i am unable to play any sports for the rest of my life. Im not saying just because i cant, that he will be unable to play as well, but believe me it is not easy to do any physical activity especially to hockey at a professional level.

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 03:33 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
BGL has herniated discs, i wont be surprised if his career will be cut short due to it. I know, i have 2 herniated discs and i am unable to play any sports for the rest of my life. Im not saying just because i cant, that he will be unable to play as well, but believe me it is not easy to do any physical activity especially to hockey at a professional level.
That is not the injury that is holding him out, according to all media reports.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 03:51 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs83 View Post

Updates on injuries:

On the injury front:

Roman Hamrlik was at the rink today for the first time since coming down with a virus before exhibition games began. Coach Jacques Martin says the defenceman is a possibility for Saturday's final preseason game.

Georges Laraque (lower body) skated with training staff this morning and is making progress. Martin said he might practice with team on Thursday.

P.K. Subban (foot) is day to day. He was working out in the gym today; you'll probably hear his stickhandling in the background of the Martin audio.

Alex Henry had hand surgery today, apparently having suffered a fracture during his fight Friday night against Ottawa's Matt Carkner. He's out four to six weeks.

Carkner punched henry's head so hard it shattered his hand

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 03:56 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Any chance BGL retires?

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 04:34 PM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs83 View Post

Updates on injuries:

On the injury front:

I don't get those guys who have to fight to prove themself worthy.. he could've avoided that useless fight.. unless Carkner forced him

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote