HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Countdown to Cote getting knocked out

Old
09-23-2009, 07:35 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
i love cote, but this season, we just don't have room for him. hell, i don't even know if we have room for him at 13th.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 09:31 AM
flyfan795

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Agreed. But Cote did something stupid in that situation, because it was a clean hit by Orr. Cote ended up in the box, and the team had to play short handed because of his actions. But Carcillo is far worse I'd say. That's what we have get rid of, these unnecessary penalties.
No, it was not stupid he was doing his job. The whole reason he is on the team is to be their enforcer and to fight. He he just stood around and did nothing while his teammates got run all over the ice he would just be another poor enforcer like Brashear.

flyfan795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 09:34 AM
flyfan795

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 89 View Post
For one, I never would have moved Upshall for Carcillo. I don't get moving a guy who has hockey talent for Steve Downie 2.0. That takes care of one guy. Cote and Powe I'd lose altogether. Bring up some young talent. Key word; talent. Not meatbags on hockey skates. As for Laperriere, I CAN live with him, if I have to. It's just when there seems to be a lineup littered with wasted space a person tends to overreact. Take a guy like Pronger. Thug. But he's also got hockey talent, so I'm happy to have him on this team. If he fires bombs from the point, bashes in Crosby's fake teeth, throws guys around and is SOUND DEFENSIVELY, that's awesome. Flat out thuggery has no place in today's fancy pants game.
Have you even watched a Flyers game in the past year? Powe is not a goon, he is a young, fast defensivly sound forward who is the real reason that Upshall is no longer on the team. Powe is currently a better player then Upshall and has improved as he continued to play and is a cheaper option.

Old
09-23-2009, 01:41 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
no need for Cote.
Just put him on waivers and be done with it.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 02:09 PM
flyfan795

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStevensDotCom View Post
no need for Cote.
Just put him on waivers and be done with it.
Cote is definatly needed. Unfortunatly a lot of Flyers fan are unable to understand that.

Old
09-23-2009, 02:11 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfan795 View Post
No, it was not stupid he was doing his job. The whole reason he is on the team is to be their enforcer and to fight. He he just stood around and did nothing while his teammates got run all over the ice he would just be another poor enforcer like Brashear.
Cote is not supposed to take a minor penalty when doing his job. In this case both got a 5min major for fighting, and Cote an extra 2min minor for instigating, since it was a clean and legal hit. If Cote was smart he should've challenged Orr and drop em after the next faceoff. Now the team had to play short handed, and we don't want that kind of nonsense.

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 03:39 PM
Centauris*

First of all, it's the preseason. How many times did Cote take penalties during the season that hurt the team? maybe a handful of times. Keep crying.

Centauris* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 03:50 PM
Defmincex13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centauris View Post
First of all, it's the preseason. How many times did Cote take penalties during the season that hurt the team? maybe a handful of times. Keep crying.
This

Defmincex13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 07:47 AM
flyfan795

According to Holmgren and Stevens Cote will be on the roster to start the year.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...__backing.html

Old
03-14-2010, 04:03 PM
zamboni88

Could the countdown end today?

zamboni88 is offline   Reply With Quote