Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

selanne & koivu

Old
09-22-2009, 12:26 AM
Hyperkookeez*

vCash: 500
selanne & koivu

How have these two been looking in the preseason so far?

Hyperkookeez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 12:32 AM
Bleak

Just as you posted this:
Koivu to Selanne! SCORE! =p I think they have been looking great personally. The Duck's are looking better as a whole. Both of these guys are looking completely anew with eachother. Very enthusiastic view of the ice right now. =) I am loving it.

Bleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 12:50 AM
Hyperkookeez*

how was selanne been performing? any noticeable drop off from last year?

Old
09-22-2009, 12:53 AM
duckyman

He looks the same as always. Still extremely fast, good shot, knows how to finish. Scored a beauty tonight, flying down the wing, just blasted it past Nabokov. Vintage Teemu!

duckyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 01:04 AM
Bleak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperkookeez View Post
how was selanne been performing? any noticeable drop off from last year?
He seems a lot less tired. That is for sure. That 1/2years of rest probably caught up to him last year. Now he is looking more serious. He seems a lot better now hes putting a lot more energy into his game. His skating seems smooth, it was never bad but he didn't look that good since 2007.

Bleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 01:09 AM
Crowdy
Co-founder, Crowdy

Their chemistry is amazing. I'm very excited about a full season of Selanne and Koivu.

Crowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 01:31 AM
Benny Lava

Teemu was absolutely flying at times tonight. It was great to see.

Benny Lava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 02:47 AM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

From 9/20:

Quote:
“On the paper, it’s pretty simple and you know where you’re supposed to be,” Koivu said after Saturday’s 4-1 loss to the Kings at Staples Center.
“But when everything happens fast in the games, sometimes I forget where I’m supposed to be, and that’s something that has to become an automatic thing and that comes by practicing and gettting more games.”
Koivu is minus-5 in two preseason games. He was on the ice for three Kings’ goals Saturday, although one of those was an empty net goal.
Quote:
Koivu said it will take time. After all, it was just his second preseason game.
“”We are kind of a step behind getting scoring chances and quality chances,” he said.
“But that’s something that comes. I think the hopefully the chemistry improves and we’ll get a couple more practices in, a couple more games.”

Spankatola Jamnuts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 03:14 AM
FinnGoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnGoalie View Post
Well first off, I think it's way early to tell (among the other worries) at this point. Second, I also think it's a bit unrealistic from Ana fans to expect Koivu and Selanne carry this team as duo and collecting 2 pts a game...

Not defending a bad game and didn't see last night's performance. The one goal but -3 isn't exactly looking good. Also, what I've been reading from the Finnish newspapers' interviews lately, Carlyle has been giving the team really hard time lately (in training) and both have stated that skating just doesn't feel good in games after, say, first period as they've been pushing so hard in practice. I think you all know how Teemu takes care of his training, so when Koivu and Selanne are saying that they're been on the limits and exhausted I give them the benefit of doubt at this point...

Furthermore, people have been all over the place about their national team magic (rightfully so), but forget it wasn't just these two who complimented each other so well. Some of you might have heard of the player called Jere Lehtinen, although he's definitely one of the most underrated players in NHL over the last 15 yrs. Three time Selke winner and exceptional all-around player, who was an integral part in Selanne-Koivu magic. It's not the first time we've seen this - when Dallas won the SC in 1999, their phenomenal first line was Hull-Modano-...yes, Lehtinen. Might find some similarities there...

The reason I'm pointing this out is to make people realize they still can be a dangerous duo, but the line would need to be well balanced and requires defensive minded forward too. Not sure Lupul would be the right player to balance this line out, but what other options Anaheim has got, you fans might know better?
this is what I posted to previous GDT... just to point out that they will be a force this season, as long as the whole line is well balanced. Good to see them getting some points already!

FinnGoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 12:00 PM
Hyperkookeez*

good to hear he's still on a similar level of performance.

hopefully the hard training from now wont cause selanne to burn out down the stretch

Old
09-28-2009, 05:39 AM
deanosaur

two first lines is nice

deanosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 07:52 PM
bumperkisser

I wouldnt call our 2nd line a 1st line but its definitely one of the better 2nd lines in the NHL

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2009, 09:43 PM
dfk711*
The real #11

I think Selanne and Koivu will benefit a lot from not having to face the oppositions top D pairing.

dfk711* is offline   Reply With Quote