HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Very BAD news!!!!!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-06-2004, 01:01 AM
  #1
tritone
Registered User
 
tritone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Laval
Posts: 4,976
vCash: 500
Very BAD news!!!!!

That stupid monkey on CTV Sportsnet picked the Bruins to win the first round!!!

Let's pray that the needs of the pretzel outweigh the needs of the monkey or the monkeys.....yeah I know I stole that from Spock but hell we're talking about pretzels and monkeys here.

tritone is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 01:11 AM
  #2
Guy!
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 840
vCash: 500
That monkey needs to be spanked.

Guy! is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 01:12 AM
  #3
Nielson81
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,220
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy!
That monkey needs to be spanked.
We will leave the monkey spanking up to the Bruins fans.

Unbiased Canadian

Nielson81 is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 01:14 AM
  #4
Necrophile
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone
That stupid monkey on CTV Sportsnet picked the Bruins to win the first round!!!
The monkey's prediction is completely irrelevant. Moreover, the title of your thread is uselessly alarming.

Necrophile is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 01:16 AM
  #5
#44_delivers
Registered User
 
#44_delivers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,009
vCash: 500
damn it tritone you scared the living crap out of me with the tittle.

#44_delivers is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 01:31 AM
  #6
electric
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Back from Italy
Country: Canada
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
damn it tritone you scared the living crap out of me with the tittle.
Argh, yes... don't just write Very BAD news!!!!! like that... while the page was loading I was half expecting to read something about the team being torn apart after discovering that Hanna Koivu was Jose Theodore's mistress or that Sheldon Souray had ripped his wrist while eating spaghetti and would be out for the playoffs!

electric is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 01:43 AM
  #7
Guy!
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 840
vCash: 500
I dunno, watching a bunch of zealous hockey fans spank a monkey is pretty disturbing news...

Guy! is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 01:46 AM
  #8
TJF
Registered User
 
TJF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,696
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TJF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian
We will leave the monkey spanking up to the Bruins fans.

Unbiased Canadian

But than what would you guys do all day?

TJF is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 01:52 AM
  #9
#44_delivers
Registered User
 
#44_delivers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone
That stupid monkey on CTV Sportsnet picked the Bruins to win the first round!!!
dont worry guys monkey's have been picking the bruins to win for a very long time :lol

#44_delivers is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 02:04 AM
  #10
chicpea*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 8,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJF
But than what would you guys do all day?
Work on our camera angles?

chicpea* is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 06:46 AM
  #11
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy!
That monkey needs to be spanked.
Hey, I thought we agreed to give that up for the playoffs.

mcphee is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 09:56 AM
  #12
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,422
vCash: 500
The powers of some stupid monkey pale in comparision to the awesome powers of the Salty Grail. I mean the pretzel almost took out the president of the United States. Has a monkey ever done that????

Darz is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 10:06 AM
  #13
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Darz, I figured I should let you know. Late last night I heard some commotion outside and went to check it out. I got a glimpse of a gnome like man with a blue pallor to his skin fleeing down my driveway. I took a few steps after him, when he stopped, trurned and threw something at me. I expected the worst when I saw it hurtling towards my legendary huge noggin. I was relieved upon feeling the curiously soft impact. I immediately sensed the sugary caramel sweetness of what could only be one thing, a Vachon cake. Only one man would attempt such a bold manoeuver. Johnny V made a futile attempt at the Pretzel. Don't worry, my dog Fred never leaves my side. Our salty idol is safe.

mcphee is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 10:09 AM
  #14
petrobruin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: London Ont.
Posts: 648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
damn it tritone you scared the living crap out of me with the tittle.
YOU SHOULD BE VERY AFRAID

petrobruin is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 10:10 AM
  #15
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Darz, I figured I should let you know. Late last night I heard some commotion outside and went to check it out. I got a glimpse of a gnome like man with a blue pallor to his skin fleeing down my driveway. I took a few steps after him, when he stopped, trurned and threw something at me. I expected the worst when I saw it hurtling towards my legendary huge noggin. I was relieved upon feeling the curiously soft impact. I immediately sensed the sugary caramel sweetness of what could only be one thing, a Vachon cake. Only one man would attempt such a bold manoeuver. Johnny V made a futile attempt at the Pretzel. Don't worry, my dog Fred never leaves my side. Our salty idol is safe.
I wouldn't expect less from JOHHNY V. I would assume the goats could make quite work of Mr. Vachon if he was to show up again. I mean they are quite a bit more intellengent than him, so.....

Anyways nice to hear that our Grail is well protected.

Darz is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 10:13 AM
  #16
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
I wouldn't expect less from JOHHNY V. I would assume the goats could make quite work of Mr. Vachon if he was to show up again. I mean they are quite a bit more intellengent than him, so.....

Anyways nice to hear that our Grail is well protected.
Now that you mention it, he could have been here for days in disguise.

mcphee is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 10:20 AM
  #17
chicpea*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 8,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Hey, I thought we agreed to give that up for the playoffs.
I never agreed to anything!

chicpea* is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 10:21 AM
  #18
AlexandreTheNotSoGreat
Registered User
 
AlexandreTheNotSoGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Halifax
Posts: 213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
I never agreed to anything!
Yeah, what am I going to do with those extra 2 minutes now?! Ok, I lied...1 minute...

AlexandreTheNotSoGreat is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 10:54 AM
  #19
Marchy79
Registered User
 
Marchy79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Barrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
S'all good, the monkey gained 20 pounds, and IMO, is just asking for her picks to be errored (law of averages). Frankly, the pretzel has less playoff lore, and has more luck attached to it... IMO, the B's are in for a rough ride... Then the Leafs get their wish, and get eliminated in round 2.

Marchy79 is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 02:29 PM
  #20
tritone
Registered User
 
tritone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Laval
Posts: 4,976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophile
The monkey's prediction is completely irrelevant. Moreover, the title of your thread is uselessly alarming.

Well let's look at that..... People start up trade rumor threads based on ???
People listen to all the so-called hockey experts' predictions right???

Last year the monkey had the highest accuracy of predictions in comparison to all the expert analysts....the monkey picked Anaheim to go to the final . Also picked Minnesota to get to the conference final . Every expert and pretty much every person I know had picked Colorado and Detroit to beat these guys in 4 games.
So , the monkey is JUST as relevant as any other source as far as I'm concerned .

As for uselessly alarming. Well that's a matter of opinion. Mine is just as valid as yours . Maybe I don't get alarmed by a thread title because I'm not a true HABS fan like you and I actually save my wild emotive outbursts for matters that truly affect my life.
Or maybe I tend to look at the actual thread before getting alarmed.
Or maybe I purposely made the thread seem alarming as a sarcastic joke about monkies.
One thing I know. I can back up my claims and rarely come into a thread just to say that it's pointless. So what's your point?

tritone is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 04:26 PM
  #21
#44_delivers
Registered User
 
#44_delivers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone
Last year the monkey had the highest accuracy of predictions in comparison to all the expert analysts....the monkey picked Anaheim to go to the final . Also picked Minnesota to get to the conference final . Every expert and pretty much every person I know had picked Colorado and Detroit to beat these guys in 4 games.
So , the monkey is JUST as relevant as any other source as far as I'm concerned
do you realize wth your saying? ITS JUST A BLOODY MONKEY SPINNING A DAMN WHEEL!!!!!

#44_delivers is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 04:50 PM
  #22
tritone
Registered User
 
tritone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Laval
Posts: 4,976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
do you realize wth your saying? ITS JUST A BLOODY MONKEY SPINNING A DAMN WHEEL!!!!!
LOL....of course I realize what I'm saying. The whole thing is a superstitious joke , no more or less important than the famed pretzel. It's all a gamble , a guess....but when someone is being so brilliantly critical about my thread I just figure i'll back it up with the facts. And the fact is the monkey predicted better than EVERY analyst last year. Pretty good odds for a random spin of the wheel or just chance? Who cares, it's superstition .....it was meant as a laugh . ease tension.

tritone is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 04:52 PM
  #23
BigStar
Registered User
 
BigStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 795
vCash: 500
its just a monkey, big time fluke last year!
monkey's predicting playoffs :lol

BigStar is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 04:56 PM
  #24
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
You guys are treating that monkey as if she is Sir isac Newton


Com'mon, its just a monkey.

All praise Magie

Mooch is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 05:00 PM
  #25
Brisson11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: On the rink
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,264
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
ITS A HOAX. Magie is dead folks sorry to break it to ya but my friend says he saw on cnn that she died a while back!! This meens the monkey is not right!!

Brisson11 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.