HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2009-2010 Rangers Prospects Thread (NCAA, Juniors, International, ECHL)

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2009, 03:34 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Wisconsin has a huge weekend coming up. By all reviews, Wisconsin was terrible against CC. They have two games against Minnesota State. The team is taking a long bus ride today to Mankato,Minnesota.

Boston College has just one game again this weekend. Friday night in South Bend against Notre Dame. For the next two weekends,they have one game each week. Four games in the first month of the season.

No TV for either team.

Old
10-22-2009, 07:23 PM
squishy

Quote:
Hagelin hails from Sodertalje, Sweden, which is located 40 minutes outside of Stockholm. His hometown is comparable in size to Ann Arbor, but lacks the school spirit so prevalent here. Adjusting to a new environment in addition to a smaller ice surface provided Hagelin with obstacles he had to overcome in his freshman year.

"It's not as much room with the puck as home, that was kind of hard in the beginning," Hagelin explained. "You had a [defender] on you all the time, but it's also very developing for you."

He kept the attention of Michigan fans by recording 11 goals and as many assists during his rookie campaign. In the following season, ticket holders in the Yost student section would proudly hold up Swedish flags at Yost Ice Arena in honor of their favored forward. The European import rewarded their adoration with 13 markers and 17 helpers alongside a plus-19 rating in his sophomore year.

"It's always nice when people appreciate what you're doing out there on the ice," Hagelin said.

With four tallies and one assist in Michigan's two exhibition contests in addition to a goal and a helper that counted at Alaska Anchorage on Oct. 10, the Swede is poised for a breakout season in his junior year. Everyone knows Hagelin can score, but he will look to improve his efficiency around the net this season.

"At the end-of-the-year meeting with Coach Berenson, I think the most important thing I learned is that I can be more of an offensive threat and more efficient around the net," Hagelin said. "I had a lot of chances last year that I didn't capitalize on. Hopefully this year is going to be a good year."
http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...102209aaa.html

Old
10-23-2009, 02:50 PM
squishy

Both Ryan Munce and Trevor Glass have been placed on the 21-day IR in Charlote.

http://www.echl.com/cgi-bin/mpublic....cat=1&id=19996

Munce has an apparent shoulder injury:

Quote:
With just over 11 minutes to play in the contest, Ryan Munce fell awkwardly into the Checkers’ net and left the game with an apparent shoulder injury. Rookie netminder Billy Sauer entered the game for his first taste of professional action.
Sauer's also been recalled by Lake Erie, meaning Zaba's was the only goaltender left on the roster for Charlotte. The Checkers called in Joe DeBono as an emergency backup. Sounds like Zaba will get all the ice time he can handle for the near future.

Old
10-23-2009, 06:49 PM
Levitate

BC versus Notre Dame is being broadcast live tonight:

Go to

http://www.und.com/sports/m-hockey/n...ckey-body.html

Then to Multimedia, All Access, and then it should be in there

Quality isn't great...hard to see who the players are so you have to rely on the PbP

Old
10-23-2009, 07:24 PM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
BC versus Notre Dame is being broadcast live tonight:

Go to

http://www.und.com/sports/m-hockey/n...ckey-body.html
Thanks for this. There are several really good players on ND. Riley Sheahan is a top prospect for this draft.

Old
10-23-2009, 07:34 PM
ThirdEye

Johnson is making some amazing saves

EDIT: Oops, this should be in the Hartford thread

Old
10-23-2009, 07:35 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Looks like Kreider got an assist on the 1st BC goal!

Old
10-23-2009, 07:35 PM
Levitate

Chris Kreider gets his first collegiate point, an assist on Samuelsson's goal. I think it was mainly part of the cycle, he retrieved the puck and moved it around where it ended up at the point for the shot by Samuelsson

edit: changed the scoring a bit, Ben Smith gets the goal on a deflection, with Samuelsson the first assist and Kreider the second

Old
10-23-2009, 07:37 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Kreider assisted on Smith's goal. On Kreider's previous shift, he was cutting to the middle of ice from the right wing and he had his head down. The ND defenseman Blatchford nailed him. Kreider was fine. Keep your head up.

Old
10-23-2009, 07:50 PM
Levitate

Kreider just got called for diving

The guy is fast as hell and has got skills, but yeah you can see he's learning to play at a different level

Old
10-23-2009, 07:51 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Kreider just got called for diving

The guy is fast as hell and has got skills, but yeah you can see he's learning to play at a different level
Agreed - though coming from Prep that's to be expected. The natural talent is very apparent though when you watch him.

10-23-2009, 08:16 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Derek Stepan scored Wisconsin's first goal tonight. Ryan McDonagh had one of the assists. Wisconsin leads Minnesota State 3-0 after the first.

Old
10-23-2009, 08:34 PM
Levitate

Those scouting reports about how Kreider would be a great skater even if you just dumped him into the NHL now? Yeah, they're true. His skating so far outclasses anyone else on the ice that even if you can't see his number, you know who he is once he starts skating.

Again, he's still learning how to use it so it's not like he's just weaving in and out of everyone with ease, but his skating looks like a NHL player playing against kids

Old
10-23-2009, 09:26 PM
FLYLine24*

Where can I find live scoring updates for the NCAA ?

I used http://www.uscho.com/scoreboard/ in the past because they had live scoring for most games...this year it doesn't look they do.

Old
10-23-2009, 09:29 PM
McDonaghisGod
Why not us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine24 View Post
Where can I find live scoring updates for the NCAA ?

I used http://www.uscho.com/scoreboard/ in the past because they had live scoring for most games...this year it doesn't look they do.
Go to the websites of the individual conferences. Hockey East for BC and WCHA for Wisconsin.

Old
10-23-2009, 10:04 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Have a question for you guys, and Im sure someone here can answer. Do we currently have any prospects on the Us U-18 National Team?

I ask because I actually got to go watch them play Utica College here tonight (They won 10-1, but UC is D3), and on Sunday I am going to watch them play Colgate. The skill level is truly fascinating to watch, knowing that they are just kids. Also they announced that 7 of the kids were drafted, 1 in the first round, and 6 in the second round, yet I cant seem to find info on them as far as where they went. Personally two players stood out to me as phenomenal talents, Jarred Tinordi, defense 6'5 205lbs is a monster and very smooth skater. The second being Kevin Clare, another Defenseman who is solid through and through. I actually got to meet quite a few of them, Tinordi, Wilson (great kid who is local), Bryan Rust, and Luke Moffat. Great great kids, who signed autographs and did free skating after the game for fans. My daughter was on the ice, so I tried to enjoy it and its amazing how professional and truly wonderful the players (kids) are to the fans, and young ones that are awe inspired by them.

It was a great pleasure to watch them, and the skill level was excellent. But if someone might help with info on who was drafted by that team andd who I should really be looking out for as far as this years draft goes it would be appreciated.

Last edited by MrEctions: 10-23-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Old
10-23-2009, 10:22 PM
azrok22

vCash: 50
http://www.sidearmstats.com/mnsu/mhockey/

End of two periods... Wisconsin up 6-0 on Minnesota State.

Stepan still just has the 1 goal, but McDonagh has 3 assists and 4 shots so far tonight.

Old
10-23-2009, 11:35 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
http://www.sidearmstats.com/mnsu/mhockey/

End of two periods... Wisconsin up 6-0 on Minnesota State.

Stepan still just has the 1 goal, but McDonagh has 3 assists and 4 shots so far tonight.
Awesome for Mcdonagh. Hopefully he can keep it up.

Old
10-24-2009, 04:21 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutus Liber View Post
Have a question for you guys, and Im sure someone here can answer. Do we currently have any prospects on the Us U-18 National Team?
At first glance that seems to be unlikely, since U-18 means under 18 and you have to be over 18 to be drafted.

But, maybe the kids were U-18 when they made the team and now are 19 y/o? I don't know.

Last edited by Ola: 10-24-2009 at 04:33 AM.
Old
10-24-2009, 07:28 AM
King of cool
The winning hat

Actually I think 17 years old players are eligible for the draft if they turn 18 by September 15 or something. Yeah I know, I nitpick.

Old
10-24-2009, 08:00 AM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutus Liber View Post
The Rangers did not select anyone still on the US NTDP team in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. To see if anyone did, you can check out a kid's name in www.hockeydb.com. An excellent site for info.

But I doubt it, because after being drafted, the guys go on to either college, the USHL, or major junior hockey.

Tinordi is one of the top US blueliners eligible for this coming year's draft, but the prize of the team is Luke Moffatt, who should be a first round pick in June 2010.

Old
10-24-2009, 01:35 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by #97 View Post
Actually I think 17 years old players are eligible for the draft if they turn 18 by September 15 or something. Yeah I know, I nitpick.
Yeah its nitpicking since the seasons starts in October, and its October 24th today... Someone who plays on a under 18 team today, if he is 17 y/o, can not have been drafted.

BTW, wasn't the NHL supposed to raise the draft age to 19? Whatever happened to that?

Like when I google it I find a bunch of articles saying that the new CBA contains regulation that will raise the draft age to 19 in steps. But then nothing more about it.

Old
10-24-2009, 03:23 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Can anyone find any YouTube clips of Kreider skating?

I can't remember what his high school team was called....

Old
10-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

He went to Andover Phillips Academy.

Old
10-24-2009, 05:47 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Treff View Post
The Rangers did not select anyone still on the US NTDP team in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. To see if anyone did, you can check out a kid's name in www.hockeydb.com. An excellent site for info.

But I doubt it, because after being drafted, the guys go on to either college, the USHL, or major junior hockey.

Tinordi is one of the top US blueliners eligible for this coming year's draft, but the prize of the team is Luke Moffatt, who should be a first round pick in June 2010.

Thanks Leslie, that makes sense. Moffatt looked strong, for sure. Tinordi and Clare were the two best D-Men, and Joey Wilson, imo was the best forward of the bunch in the game. I was really dissapointed with Saad and Forbort especially as those are two I had heard of prior to the game as being very good talents.

Closed Thread