HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockeybuzz Bloggers - Kings Rumors II

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2009, 12:21 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
Hammonds said that Stoll has another hamstring injury. If he is out for a period of time, I think LA will need to make a move just to keep enough bodies on the ice. The LA Monarchs will have a tough time keeping up in the standings if they just keep recalling the Elkins and whoever is next on their depth chart (Cliche, Clune or Holloway). Send a 3rd to Min for Nolan.
groin

Old
12-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

vCash: 500
I'd like to see Filatov on LA and Purcell jettisoned.

Nolan would be a good pick up as well and Harrold can go back to Manchester.

Old
12-15-2009, 12:56 PM
Youngblood93

What do you think it would cost to get Jeff Carter out of Philly? It seems that Philly is in store for a big shake up.

Old
12-15-2009, 01:10 PM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivehole93 View Post
What do you think it would cost to get Jeff Carter out of Philly? It seems that Philly is in store for a big shake up.
A lot. Doesn't he have a big contract? If he doesn't, why would Philly want to deal him? If he does, why would LA want to deal for him?

Old
12-15-2009, 01:13 PM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
I'd like to see Filatov on LA and Purcell jettisoned.

Nolan would be a good pick up as well and Harrold can go back to Manchester.
Isn't Filatov playing back in Russia because he didn't get along with the coaching staff and their insistance that he play a two way game? Nolan would cost much less and you know that he'll bring IT each night, plus he's playoff tested.

Old
12-15-2009, 01:17 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:
Isn't Filatov playing back in Russia because he didn't get along with the coaching staff and their insistance that he play a two way game? Nolan would cost much less and you know that he'll bring IT each night, plus he's playoff tested.
Maybe a change of scene would be good. I don't think he was getting the kind of time as Purcell or playing with the same caliber of players on his line as Teddy. I think it would be an interesting experiment at least.

Nolan seems like a no brainer. Even with one foot in retirement he would still bring more to the table than Harrold or Ivanans.

Old
12-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Apparently Halak asked for a trade today. I like EE but I think Halak would be a decent upgrade for a year and is a bit more capable as a tender and could handle a bigger work load than EE. Wonder if Montreal would be interested in a swap of backups.

I hope Eklund doesn't read this, it might start a rumor!

Old
12-15-2009, 01:24 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Halak wants the chance to be a starter. He's not going to get that chance in LA, so no, doesn't make sense to acquire him.

Old
12-15-2009, 01:41 PM
Youngblood93

Quote:
A lot. Doesn't he have a big contract? If he doesn't, why would Philly want to deal him? If he does, why would LA want to deal for him?
They would want him because he could score 45 goals a year and would be a great 1b center behind Kopitar.

Old
12-15-2009, 01:42 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

I know Zig but how many options are there right now for him to be a starter. At least he could share more of the load than Double E.

Still, Quick is our number one and adding Halak to the mix may mess up chemistry too much.

Old
12-15-2009, 01:51 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
Apparently Halak asked for a trade today. I like EE but I think Halak would be a decent upgrade for a year and is a bit more capable as a tender and could handle a bigger work load than EE. Wonder if Montreal would be interested in a swap of backups.

I hope Eklund doesn't read this, it might start a rumor!
Yeah let's piss off Bernier some more!

Old
12-15-2009, 01:57 PM
HookKing

Quote:
Because its Philly silly.

Old
12-15-2009, 02:08 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
Yeah let's piss off Bernier some more!
Isn't Halak a UFA like EE at the end of the year? Just looking for a bit of an upgrade is all.

Old
12-15-2009, 03:05 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Talking about a backup for Quick right now is premature. I say close to the deadline, DL will probably find a veteran backup for the playoff push.

Old
12-15-2009, 03:19 PM
Fat Elvis

My failed attempt;

Martinez+Lewis+2nd
for
Nolan+Gillies

Enough or is it something LA even considers?

Old
12-15-2009, 06:32 PM
wicker

The guys I see DL possibly going after obviously are: Whitney, Roloson/Biron, Nolan, Walker, Brunette, Larose, Callahan, Girardi, and Higgins.

If the Kings are serious about Kovalchuk at all, it would take anywhere from a Brown, Moller, Tuebert, and a first + second rd. pick to get it done. Funny enough, if a Kovy trade comes with an extension, that's a deal the Kings can do right now and not harm the organizational depth too much. I could live with that.

That would leave us with Kopi, Kovy, Williams, Smyth, Stoll, Simmonds, Schenn, Zus, plus an unknown - maybe Clifford? - as possible top nine next year. Not bad at all.

However, I still believe that Lombardi is aiming for Marleau as his top option.

Old
12-15-2009, 06:37 PM
Youngblood93

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicker View Post
The guys I see DL possibly going after obviously are: Whitney, Roloson/Biron, Nolan, Walker, Brunette, Larose, Callahan, Girardi, and Higgins.

If the Kings are serious about Kovalchuk at all, it would take anywhere from a Brown, Moller, Tuebert, and a first + second rd. pick to get it done. Funny enough, if a Kovy trade comes with an extension, that's a deal the Kings can do right now and not harm the organizational depth too much. I could live with that.

That would leave us with Kopi, Kovy, Williams, Smyth, Stoll, Simmonds, Schenn, Zus, plus an unknown - maybe Clifford? - as possible top nine next year. Not bad at all.

I agree.

Old
12-15-2009, 07:23 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivehole93 View Post
I agree.
i'm still fairly positive that Marleau is going to be playing here next season.

Old
12-15-2009, 07:32 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:

What about Raffi Torres...

Old
12-15-2009, 07:33 PM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

I would take Marleau over Kovalchuk. Marleau would fit in well with this team. Kovalchuk is and has always has been a one man show and I think he would clash with the team and the coaching staff. Plus, I don't see Lombardi throwing a 12 year deal at a guy like Kovalchuk who has only been in the playoffs once and under-performed. Lombardi was willing to do that with Hossa, but Hossa is far more proven. DL likes proven talent over raw talent and I know for a fact he'd take Marleau before Kovalchuk every day of the week. And honestly, so would I.

Old
12-15-2009, 07:36 PM
wicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup View Post
I would take Marleau over Kovalchuk. Marleau would fit in well with this team. Kovalchuk is and has always has been a one man show and I think he would clash with the team and the coaching staff. Plus, I don't see Lombardi throwing a 12 year deal at a guy like Kovalchuk who has only been in the playoffs once and under-performed. Lombardi was willing to do that with Hossa, but Hossa is far more proven. DL likes proven talent over raw talent and I know for a fact he'd take Marleau before Kovalchuk every day of the week. And honestly, so would I.
I completely agree, as well. Marleau is familiar, has a better resume, and is a more well-rounded player. I sincerely hope he is a King next year.

Old
12-15-2009, 07:37 PM
wicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
Hope so.

Old
12-15-2009, 07:48 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
Effort is winning. Brown will always beat Kovalchuk there. We all know it too but are afraid to admit it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
Effort does not equal winning. Derek Armstrong tried really hard.
Correct.

One should never, ever confuse effort and results.

Old
12-15-2009, 08:35 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
Concur, the pieces just fit.

Old
12-15-2009, 08:59 PM
danhockeyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup View Post
His big trades so far include a proven demitra for unproven sully and a 1st, proven belanger and gleason for unproven jj, proven nordstrom for a 1st and he was willing to do that with blake, cammy for a 1st.. for proven talent is sully for williams and quincey for smyth

obviously the latter trades are later in the rebuild so we see that shift but I wouldnt say he wouldnt trade for upside... though i agree Marleau+Brown+Simmonds/high picks/blue chip prospects> kovalchuk..salary wise the same, but being able to keep better depth is worth it over a single 8-10 million dollar/90-100 point man..we got a near 7 million dollar man in a bit of a drought and havent really lost a step because of that depth.

Closed Thread