HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockeybuzz Bloggers - Kings Rumors II

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2010, 02:08 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
Owen Nolan plays RW, has 10 g 9a and is in the last year of his contract. That seems like a more reasonable acquisition. He won't probably cost very much and he played for the Sharks. Consider it a done deal!
I like Nolan but if he's strictly a RW, we have JW, Brown and Simmonds already there producing similar numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Out of context, but I like Kovalchuk's game more. No doubt Marleau is leading the league in goals right now, but Ilya brings, IMHO a more complete game than Marlene....

O.k., fire away.
I'm actually with you on this but for a different reason. A few posters mentioned the impact of Thornton in Marleau's production this year and that's got me a bit concerned. I still wouldn't mind Marleau at all but Kovy would be my choice.

On a sidenote, I don't know how many of you guys remember last year's trade deadline but there were talks of Gabby coming to LA but the deal got nixed because Minn wanted Frolov in the exchange. In hindsight, I'm thinking if DL had to do it all over again, he would have leaped at the opportunity for Gabby even with his pending ufa status.

Old
01-13-2010, 02:34 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy1100 View Post
I wouldn't go so far as to say Ilya has a more complete game. They have their different strong points. For example, Marleau has the wheels and Ilya has the size.

I agree withn you 100% on picking Kovy though. Larger, a bit more physical, and younger.

I'd hate to see a King making $7.5m/season, but of the few (maybe 5) people worth it, he's one of them.
Oh Ilya has wheels. Maybe not quite as fast as Marleau, but Ilya can burn whoever he wants.

Separately, I think the price difference will be quite significant between the two. Marluea is a 6.5-7 million player, and Kovy WILL get 8 at the very least, more likely in the range of 9 million. And yes, I mean cap hit.

Old
01-13-2010, 02:48 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I like Nolan but if he's strictly a RW, we have JW, Brown and Simmonds already there producing similar numbers.
Williams is out for at least another 2 months. I don't think it would be a bad idea to find a replacement. If Williams comes back, you can move Brown to the left wing.

Old
01-13-2010, 03:37 PM
jimmy1100

Quote:
Williams is out for at least another 2 months. I don't think it would be a bad idea to find a replacement. If Williams comes back, you can move Brown to the left wing.
This is exactly what I was just wondering - so Williams could/should be back for the playoffs assuming we make it?

That could be very interesting if whomever we pick up actually makes an impact AND we get JW back for the playoffs.

Old
01-13-2010, 03:40 PM
Winger23

Quote:
or move Brown down to the 3rd or 4th line where he belongs.

Old
01-13-2010, 03:48 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Oh Ilya has wheels. Maybe not quite as fast as Marleau, but Ilya can burn whoever he wants.

Separately, I think the price difference will be quite significant between the two. Marluea is a 6.5-7 million player, and Kovy WILL get 8 at the very least, more likely in the range of 9 million. And yes, I mean cap hit.
Oh Ilya has wheels alright... There is no question in my mind who I would take if I had a choice between the two...

A 26 year old top 5 NHL talent with prime years ahead excelling with a weaker supporting cast... Priceless.

This season:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
or move Brown down to the 3rd or 4th line where he belongs.
Give me a break.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Old
01-13-2010, 03:58 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Quote:
They tried that once... It failed worse than a movie directed by Uwe Boll...

Old
01-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLudwig View Post
He's not doing a whole hell of a lot better on the right wing.

Old
01-13-2010, 05:38 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
He's not doing a whole hell of a lot better on the right wing.
Seems like it to me.

His one-on-one moves never work except to draw a penalty on either wing.

Old
01-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Stop posting videos of Kovalchuk, it will just depress more Kings fans since he will never play for the Kings. With our luck, he will probably sign with the Ducks. :

Old
01-13-2010, 05:49 PM
santiclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy1100 View Post
This is exactly what I was just wondering - so Williams could/should be back for the playoffs assuming we make it?

That could be very interesting if whomever we pick up actually makes an impact AND we get JW back for the playoffs.
Even if the Kings make the playoffs, and even if he manages to make his way back, don't expect JW to be an impact player. He will be juuust coming off a very long layoff and a very serious injury. Even forgetting the injury entirely, he will be very rusty and very out of shape just from the inactivity. I don't expect the old JW back until sometime well into next season.

Old
01-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
Even if the Kings make the playoffs, and even if he manages to make his way back, don't expect JW to be an impact player. He will be juuust coming off a very long layoff and a very serious injury. Even forgetting the injury entirely, he will be very rusty and very out of shape just from the inactivity. I don't expect the old JW back until sometime well into next season.
It will basically be like when they traded for him last deadline. He had just come off two injuries that held him out of the line up for months. Breaking his leg means he is going to be off his feet for at least probably 6 weeks i'd guess. that means 6 weeks of not working your legs out. he is going to be out of shape for a while.

Old
01-13-2010, 06:22 PM
Knight of the Realm
champs no more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLudwig View Post
Not Possible!

Old
01-13-2010, 06:26 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

A friend in Boston sent me this in an email today. I don't know anything about John McCarthy.

Quote:
I heard that the Kings brought up John McCarthy from B.U.

Super kid. We where shocked when we heard the news this week. I’m not sure how he will be; but he will give the team everything he has; and do exactly what the coach asks.
this guy follows BU hockey closely and raved to me about Jon Quick long before Quick was playing for the Kings.

Old
01-13-2010, 06:32 PM
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
A friend in Boston sent me this in an email today. I don't know anything about John McCarthy.

this guy follows BU hockey closely and raved to me about Jon Quick long before Quick was playing for the Kings.
Tell your friend that John McCarthy in the Shark's org, not the Kings and that He played against the Kings on Monday

http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=513042

Old
01-13-2010, 07:19 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Tell your friend that John McCarthy in the Shark's org, not the Kings and that He played against the Kings on Monday

http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=513042
LOL, thanks.

Old
01-14-2010, 11:44 AM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
... My I ask why (and please keep the reading at a K-12 level - I have a public education )?

dude, i was just joking with the whole yeah he is thing.

Old
01-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
dude, i was just joking with the whole yeah he is thing.
Ok you seem pretty affirmative about it but I guess when you disregarded my question the first time I should've got the point.

I do agree with your opinion on Marleau. I think he'd be a great fit for the team if that were to happen in the summer. It also seems like a much more plausible scenario. I hope the Sharks choke in the playoffs again so players start to bolt.

We should also root for the Wild to suck so we can get our paws on Owen Nolan. I think he'd be good for this team this year. He isn't a ***** and he can score.

Old
01-14-2010, 08:48 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Perhaps, the back injury to Greene is more serious than we originally thought.

http://twitter.com/*************

I'm told the Leafs and Kings are closing in on a deal. My source is hearing Exelby. No deal on table as of now, but source feels there close

Old
01-14-2010, 09:04 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:

I'm told the Leafs and Kings are closing in on a deal. My source is hearing Exelby. No deal on table as of now, but source feels there close
If so, perhaps this source is less craptastic than we originally thought.

Old
01-14-2010, 09:04 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:

Hrm. Well Murray told Hammond that Greene's ETA was set at about 2 weeks. Though, perhaps they could be looking into buffing up the veteranship of the back-end depth. Exelby is a UFA at the end of the season and should be relatively inexpensive to acquire, probably could get him for just a pick or a low player like Harrold and a low pick etc... I would be all for that.

Old
01-14-2010, 09:10 PM
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault

vCash: 69
Quote:

This guy also said that we were about to acquire Whitney

Old
01-14-2010, 09:16 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Well, both Whitney and Exelby makes some sense imo. They don't have the Kovy sex appeal but they also don't have the heavy price tag to go along with it.

Personally, I'd gladly welcome both Exelby and Whitney.

Old
01-14-2010, 09:48 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

That "source" has proven to be as reliable as Eklund. He hasn't gotten any supposed rumor right.

Old
01-16-2010, 11:36 PM
Youngblood93

JJ to OTT?

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...angers/1/25563

I like JJ but I wouldn't be upset if he was traded and the return was fair value.

So for fun, What's fair value for JJ from OTT? Nhl Sourses Say is reporting Neil being part of the package, Not a bad starting point from OTT.

Closed Thread