HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockeybuzz Bloggers - Kings Rumors II

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2009, 01:01 PM
Dave33
Still smiling

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
The same could be said about Staal.

And a lot of people would probably say the same thing about Brown.

I love Brown but long term the Kings going to need an upgrade at the 2nd line center position.
I'd rather hold on to what we have and wait for Schenn. JJ is becoming a beast, no way do I want to see him moved.

Old
12-03-2009, 01:01 PM
volcom92886

Quote:
The same could be said about Staal.

And a lot of people would probably say the same thing about Brown.

I love Brown but long term the Kings going to need an upgrade at the 2nd line center position.
I believe thats why we drafted Brayden Schenn.

Old
12-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by volcom92886 View Post
I believe thats why we drafted Brayden Schenn.
hey I don't disagree but Brayden Schenn could be 3 years out before he is an NHL regular, maybe longer and he may never pan out. Jordan Staal has one a Cup shutting down teams top lines throughout the playoffs, scored big goals and has 2 20 goal seasons.

Brayden Schenn is the very longterm solution but I'm talking when Handzus is gone next year, we're going to need someone? Preferably somebody under 30.

Old
12-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Geez, will you clowns knock it off! We're talking about possibly losing our captain and you bozos are talking about mcnuggets and its condiments.
Consider the source...

Old
12-03-2009, 01:15 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Consider the source...
I guess you didn't catch my sarcastic mustard comment.

Old
12-03-2009, 01:44 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Brown and JJ for Staal and GoGo is not a fair deal at all. In fact, that isn't even accurate.

The deal would actually include Bob Miller, because having Stoll and Staal on the Kings would kill him.

Old
12-03-2009, 01:47 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Brown and JJ for Staal and GoGo is not a fair deal at all. In fact, that isn't even accurate.

The deal would actually include Bob Miller, because having Stoll and Staal on the Kings would kill him.
lol that made me laugh ty

Old
12-03-2009, 01:53 PM
Hendrydoso

Quote:
That is disappointing. Sweet & Sour sauce is made with the blood, sweat and tears of the fry guys.
Plus a little secret sauce

Old
12-03-2009, 02:10 PM
ukyo

1. Brown is our captain. The "administrative" fallout would be HUGE.
2. Did nobody notice how Staal performed in a true second line center role earlier this season with Malkin out?
3. We've suffered through Johnson's "toddler" years and now that he's about to come into his own we want to deal him?

No way I'd do this deal.

Old
12-03-2009, 02:12 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukyo View Post
2. Did nobody notice how Staal performed in a true second line center role earlier this season with Malkin out?
3. We've suffered through Johnson's "toddler" years and now that he's about to come into his own we want to deal him?

No way I'd do this deal.
Yeah I am very surprised that people would do this deal.

If we want Staal and they want better wingers, they can have Frolov and Zus for Staal alone.

It actually shocks me that people are more reluctant to trade JJ than Brown. That was certainly not the case before JJ signed his nice little contract.

I wouldn't do this deal. I guess if it happened it could be worse, as it is a quality return, perhaps even 'fair', but with a record of 16-10-2 I don't want the chemistry so disrupted without a better reason for it than not being able to wait for Schenn, Loktionov or JJ to fully develop.

Old
12-03-2009, 02:21 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
It actually shocks me that people are more reluctant to trade JJ than Brown. That was certainly not the case before JJ signed his nice little contract.
I'm not quite sure where you're getting this info from. I've ALWAYS held high regards for JJ before and after his contract signing. JJ and Simmonds have been my favorite kings for the past 2 seasons.

As for Brown, I love the guy but he isn't the same without his solid hits out on the ice which have steadily declined since beginning of last year. I don't know if it's a direct order from TM or what but Brown's game without the hits, makes him just a good winger and not a great one.

Besides, IF Brown is traded, Greene would become the captain and that is a huge plus imo.

Old
12-03-2009, 02:35 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
I'm not quite sure where you're getting this info from. I've ALWAYS held high regards for JJ before and after his contract signing. JJ and Simmonds have been my favorite kings for the past 2 seasons.

As for Brown, I love the guy but he isn't the same without his solid hits out on the ice which have steadily declined since beginning of last year. I don't know if it's a direct order from TM or what but Brown's game without the hits, makes him just a good winger and not a great one.

Besides, IF Brown is traded, Greene would become the captain and that is a huge plus imo.
I do want Greene as captai in a perfect world. I still want Brown on this team though.

What I was referring to were the INSANE amount of proposals coming from this and the trade board including JJ and usually Frolov to get some superstar. Over the summer it seemed that nearly every proposal included JJ. On the flip side, I never saw Kings fans propose Brown, only cast aside the notion whenever his name was brought up. After JJ signed the contract, the proposals including him tapered off dramatically.

That's all. I wasn't referring to you specifically. I know you've got some major JJ love to go with your Teddy crush.

Old
12-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
If we want Staal and they want better wingers, they can have Frolov and Zus for Staal alone.
I'd do that too but I'm not sure Pitt could do that with the CAP hits coming back.

Old
12-03-2009, 02:53 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
I'd do that too but I'm not sure Pitt could do that with the CAP hits coming back.
True, forget about the cap. I guess we could toss in a pick and take a dump coming back.

.... that sounds wrong... but I'm leaving it that way.... because 'dump' explains a lot about this rumor.

Old
12-03-2009, 02:54 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Exactly, they have like half a million in cap space... Not to mention, Zeus does have his NMC so that puts things through a loop.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
12-03-2009, 02:59 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukyo View Post

No way I'd do this deal.
Yeah! Go Go is putting up a good numbers this year, but JMFJ will better player in the end. And if look at Brown and Stall number this year Brown is putting up better numbers, he's also in a long term contract with us.

Stall is at 6 Goal, 9 Assists

Brown is at 6 Goals, 14 Assists

Old
12-03-2009, 03:12 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

If you guys go to the pens board, they took a poll on which center they prefer Staal or Kennedy- it's 51 for Staal and 31 for Kennedy. Either Staal is a bit overrated or Kennedy is vastly underrated. My thinking is perhaps a bit of both.

Personally, I would rather go after a guy like Kennedy.

Old
12-03-2009, 03:33 PM
not tellin*

hahaha no. and no thanks to pig nose.

Old
12-03-2009, 04:27 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

From the nhlsourcesay twitter:

The Penguins interested in Dustin Brown, but still not sure if Brown is on the block, still a rumor at this point. looking into it...

Old
12-03-2009, 04:28 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
From the nhlsourcesay twitter:

The Penguins interested in Dustin Brown, but still not sure if Brown is on the block, still a rumor at this point. looking into it...
Good to see his internet connection is working just as well as the rest of ours...

Old
12-03-2009, 05:15 PM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTheKingsMen View Post
why everyone wants to give up on Brown already?

this is the type of player you need in the playoffs...just wait and see...then decide

i would never trade Brown and JJ for Staal & Goligoski

frankly i think everyone overrates Jordan Staal
overrated indeed.

Old
12-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Youngblood93

Quote:

Awesome.

Old
12-05-2009, 11:24 PM
KingCanadain1976

I was reading in tsn that Alexander Semin and the capitals are having issues in signing him and they sugested they look at trading him. I was thinking that he could be that perfect upgrade at Lw that the Kings need. I would offer Frolov ,Matt Greene/ Robert Scuderi ( I read in the hf forums they need a defensive defenseman ) and a 1st round pick Would this be enuff value wise or did I over do it ?

Old
12-06-2009, 12:29 AM
Fishhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
I was reading in tsn that Alexander Semin and the capitals are having issues in signing him and they sugested they look at trading him. I was thinking that he could be that perfect upgrade at Lw that the Kings need. I would offer Frolov ,Matt Greene/ Robert Scuderi ( I read in the hf forums they need a defensive defenseman ) and a 1st round pick Would this be enuff value wise or did I over do it ?
Not nearly enough. Frolov is a UFA and the 1st is looking to be a later one. It would take a lot more than that, and they'd want cheap talent. It would cost more than the Kings would be willing to pony up.

Keep in mind that Semin would command 6M+. It's not DL's style, but I would seriously consider the offer-sheet route (pretty sure he'll be RFA). Depending on what Backstrom gets (I bet he signs before Semin), it might be a case where Washington would welcome the picks. On the other hand, they are in cup-run mode so they might just end up dumping and matching. /shrug

Old
12-06-2009, 05:33 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Just don't let him fight...and yes you over did it by a mile. This is Semin your talking about.

Closed Thread