HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockeybuzz Bloggers - Kings Rumors II

Closed Thread

Old
12-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Chazz Reinhold

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
Seriously. What is it about Kovalchuk that gives you the impression he is a winner. Know the difference. Please at least try.
What is it about Brown that gives you the impression he's a winner?

Old
12-14-2009, 04:28 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Dean Lombardi would do it in an instant if a contract extension was coming the other way with Kovy.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Old
12-14-2009, 04:30 PM
KingsRule

Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
I'd pack Brownie's bags and drive him to the airport.
i wear his jersey, pre-captain version as well, but id pay for his ticket!

Old
12-14-2009, 04:38 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
What is it about Brown that gives you the impression he's a winner?
I watch the game son. I watch the game. It's not different that life. Hockey is life, personified.

Old
12-14-2009, 04:38 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Than

Old
12-14-2009, 04:42 PM
MxH0CKEY

Brownie ain't going anywhere. Rumors are Rumors. What are the chances it will be true?
Brownie is our captain and has signed one hell of a contract with this team. DL would be a coward to trade him away.

Old
12-14-2009, 04:43 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Doughty8 View Post
Brownie ain't going anywhere.
Rumors are Rumors. What are the chances it will be true?
Browne is out Captain and has signed one hell of a contract with this team. DL would be a coward to trade him away.
Perhaps, but he would be a fool to say no if it was Kovalchuk + contract for Brown + 1st round pick. It all depends on the deal. Yes, Brown has a lot of sentimental value to LA, but he is no where near the ballpark Kovalchuk plays on, and Kovalchuk is a captain for his team as well. It is captain for captain. I am sure Atlanta feels the same as us and then some. As I said, it all depends on the deal.

Old
12-14-2009, 04:48 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Eklund is also now saying we have interest in Filatov:

Quote:
Start today off with Nikita Filatov. With the Capitals officially lending out Nylander to Grand Rapids (I am still hearing he is headed to Jokerit in Finland) they have freed up some serious scratch to make the #1 team even better. The Caps will long-term use the money to try to keep the team together (Backstrom and Semin are due soon) but I am also told that Caps ownership smells blood, and that means that the Caps are going for broke this year.

Filatov of course is currently in Russia on loan. The Jackets are saying that it is only for a year and that they expect him back, but Scott Howson gave an in interesting clue when quoted back in November in the Columbus Dispatch (the paper has an ownership stake in the team btw.) Howson said, "It will be a year away from the North American style where he's not adjusting to our game."

So if they aren't happy with his ability to adjust to the North American game, why would you send him back for a year to play in the style he is trying to grow away from if you intended to bring him back next year? Will this really be good for him?

I am hearing rather that at least 3 teams have interest in Filatov. The Capitals, Oilers, and LA Kings. I also am hearing the Blues and Predators names being mentioned with Filatov, but there is a strong suspicion that he won't be dealt in the division.

It is uncertain if Filatov must remain in Russia this season since any agreements between the NHL and KHL are blurry at best.
Who don't we have interest in?

Old
12-14-2009, 04:48 PM
MxH0CKEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Perhaps, but he would be a fool to say no if it was Kovalchuk + contract for Brown + 1st round pick. It all depends on the deal. Yes, Brown has a lot of sentimental value to LA, but he is no where near the ballpark Kovalchuk plays on, and Kovalchuk is a captain for his team as well. It is captain for captain. I am sure Atlanta feels the same as us and then some. As I said, it all depends on the deal.
But would Atlanta really do this? Trading their Franchise Player for a well.... A good player but nothing like Kovalchuk. We need to think realistically anyways I have read on TSN I think that Kovalchuk is fine playing in ATL.

Old
12-14-2009, 04:52 PM
MxH0CKEY

Quote:
Eklund is also now saying we have interest in Filatov:

Who don't we have interest in?
Eklund, Eklund, Eklund.....SHUT UP!

Old
12-14-2009, 05:00 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Doughty8 View Post
But would Atlanta really do this? Trading their Franchise Player for a well.... A good player but nothing like Kovalchuk. We need to think realistically anyways I have read on TSN I think that Kovalchuk is fine playing in ATL.
Likely not, there would be more to it than that, especially if there is a contract extension in place with Kovalchuk, but you have to admit, if there is one player you had to give Brown up for that isn't named Crosby, Malkin, or Ovechkin, it would have to be Kovalchuk. I would deal Brown, a 1st round pick, Hickey, and potentially another mid-level prospect, roster player, or draft pick for a signed Kovalchuk in an instant.

It is just not something you think about when it comes to a talent and character like him. He is a character guy... Dean wouldn't hesitate. He has stated that he would be interested in something like this if a contract extension were in place.

It has a 99.9% chance of not happening, but if Atlanta called and asked and this deal was on the table, it would be done in a heartbeat. That is my only point. No sense in arguing it out over how much we love Brown. We certainly do, but he is expendable when it comes to Kovalchuk, that is just how it is. The only two players untouchable from the deal is Kopitar and Doughty.

Old
12-14-2009, 05:00 PM
4ndr3y*

Send a message via MSN to 4ndr3y*
And somwhere in Vancouver, Dean Lombardi is sleeping right now.

Honestly, for what superstar did DL trade as a Sharks GM?
^Answer and /thread

Old
12-14-2009, 05:03 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loktionov View Post
And somwhere in Vancouver, Dean Lombardi is sleeping right now.

Honestly, for what superstar did DL trade as a Sharks GM?
^Answer and /thread
Owen Nolan, Teemu Selänne, Adam Graves, Vincent Damphousse, Mike Ricci, Kyle McLaren, Mike Vernon, Todd Harvey, Bryan Marchment and Scott Thornton were all traded for by Dean Lombardi on the Sharks.

Old
12-14-2009, 05:05 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
I watch the game son. I watch the game. It's not different that life. Hockey is life, personified.
Hmm, sounds gay

Old
12-14-2009, 05:06 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Always does to the willfully ignorant.

Old
12-14-2009, 05:07 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Well lets be honest. Neither have won a damn thing so that is just like your opinion, man.

Old
12-14-2009, 05:09 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
Always does to the willfully ignorant.
LAWL, do you listen to yourself talk all day or just Dave Matthews Band??

Old
12-14-2009, 05:14 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Just me. What do you do? Who do you listen to? And are they right?

I am. This much I know. Plus, I'm a crazy enough man to prove it. Are you?

Old
12-14-2009, 05:14 PM
4ndr3y*

Send a message via MSN to 4ndr3y*
Quote:
Owen Nolan, Teemu Selänne, Adam Graves, Vincent Damphousse, Mike Ricci, Kyle McLaren, Mike Vernon, Todd Harvey, Bryan Marchment and Scott Thornton were all traded for by Dean Lombardi on the Sharks.
The only one who could be called a superstar in bold. And at that point Selänne wasn' really tearing up the league - in fact he was considered on his downside of his carrer.
WIKI

Old
12-14-2009, 05:15 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
As if I don't watch the game? I think it's funny you make these seemingly bold assertions, yet back it up with this ambivalent answer about Brown supposedly being more of a "winner" than Kovalchuk. Other than your opinion, what makes Brown more a "winner" than Kovalchuk?

Let's just throw a couple things on the table here: Kovalchuk is captain of his team, and he has made the playoffs, something Brown has yet to do. Ok, your turn. Ready? Go...

Old
12-14-2009, 05:15 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
Well lets be honest. Neither have won a damn thing so that is just like your opinion, man.
Effort is winning. Brown will always beat Kovalchuk there. We all know it too but are afraid to admit it.

Old
12-14-2009, 05:16 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
As if I don't watch the game? I think it's funny you make these seemingly bold assertions, yet back it up with this ambivalent answer about Brown supposedly being more of a "winner" than Kovalchuk. Other than your opinion, what makes Brown more a "winner" than Kovalchuk?

Let's just throw a couple things on the table here: Kovalchuk is captain of his team, and he has made the playoffs, something Brown has yet to do. Ok, your turn. Ready? Go...

You are letting the facts cloud your judgment. Look closely at the two players. Who they are as people. Does Kovalchuk want to score goals for himself or the team? Does it matter? Answer these questions before next time we speak.

Old
12-14-2009, 05:17 PM
MxH0CKEY

Quote:
Likely not, there would be more to it than that, especially if there is a contract extension in place with Kovalchuk, but you have to admit, if there is one player you had to give Brown up for that isn't named Crosby, Malkin, or Ovechkin, it would have to be Kovalchuk. I would deal Brown, a 1st round pick, Hickey, and potentially another mid-level prospect, roster player, or draft pick for a signed Kovalchuk in an instant.

It is just not something you think about when it comes to a talent and character like him. He is a character guy... Dean wouldn't hesitate. He has stated that he would be interested in something like this if a contract extension were in place.

It has a 99.9% chance of not happening, but if Atlanta called and asked and this deal was on the table, it would be done in a heartbeat. That is my only point. No sense in arguing it out over how much we love Brown. We certainly do, but he is expendable when it comes to Kovalchuk, that is just how it is. The only two players untouchable from the deal is Kopitar and Doughty.
Much agreed. Kovalchuk, IMO should be considered on that great list. The guy just does not have anyone to help him. For example, Crosby has Malkin, Ovechkin has Backstrom/Semin(I guess) and I would also include Joe "The Chokeman" Thornton with Marleau AND Heatley. So all we need now is to get Kovy some help. Perhaps? Anze Kopitar? And no they will not be playing for the ATL. They will be playing for THE Kings. (In our dreams) But yes, I would give Brown and pieces for Kovy.

Old
12-14-2009, 05:18 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
You are letting the facts cloud your judgment. Look closely at the two players. Who they are as people. Does Kovalchuk want to score goals for himself or the team? Does it matter? Answer these questions before next time we speak.
Ha, you say that as if you actually know the answer to that question yourself. How's the Duuurty So' treatin' ya, Ilya?

Old
12-14-2009, 05:20 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Effort is winning. Brown will always beat Kovalchuk there. We all know it too but are afraid to admit it.
Effort does not equal winning. Derek Armstrong tried really hard.

Closed Thread