HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > ECHL and other Minor Pro Leagues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Brett Gallant - Elmira Jackals

Old
11-14-2009, 09:09 AM
AUShockeyfan

vCash: 500
Thanks for posting the fight pelts Both guys landed a couple - undisputed R hand landed for Reynolds in slo-mo, but Brett responded well landing one of his own. Draw I guess, maybe edge Brett - no KD in this one. Brett loves to fight open, but does a good job getting space when guys move in close. T.J. 6'2", 225 lbs as per hockeydb.

Still not sure what to think of players pulling other players down in fights - is it a cop out b/c they know they're in for a rough ride? Are they tired and want to end it hence the pull down? Anways - Kevin Cormier did this a couple times in the Q (scrap against Henegan comes to mind), and was left thinking if it was intentional or not - no disrespect intended towards Kevin as he was the undisputed champ for two years anyways - though Marty Doyle always gave Kevin everything he could handle.

AUShockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 09:30 PM
pelts35.com

AUS,

The Jackals win 11-3 tonight and your boy is a -1?

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 10:23 PM
AUShockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
AUS,

The Jackals win 11-3 tonight and your boy is a -1?

Yes. But there was another guy -1 as well, so I guess Brett and Brendan Connolly won't be winning the Selke anytime soon... You forgot to mention he rec'd a tripping minor lol. But in other news, former UPEI Panther Justin Donati scored 4 times and assisted on another. This guy has plenty of talent - his Brother was 2nd star too. Justin's sorely missed at the school - he'd likely be amongst the conference's top 4 in scoring this season had he stuck around...

Old
11-15-2009, 06:49 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUShockeyfan View Post
Yes. But there was another guy -1 as well, so I guess Brett and Brendan Connolly won't be winning the Selke anytime soon... You forgot to mention he rec'd a tripping minor lol. But in other news, former UPEI Panther Justin Donati scored 4 times and assisted on another. This guy has plenty of talent - his Brother was 2nd star too. Justin's sorely missed at the school - he'd likely be amongst the conference's top 4 in scoring this season had he stuck around...
Yes, there was one other player, but since you started this thread about Gallant I figured it was newsworthy.

Old
11-15-2009, 08:29 PM
CrazyEddie20

Quote:
What a plug. He has one skill and won't ever see a regular shift in the AHL. I don't know why you're all over this guy other than that he's from the same province. He's an anachronism; the useless, one-dimensional enforcer that even ECHL teams barely have a use for.

CrazyEddie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 10:42 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyEddie20 View Post
What a plug. He has one skill and won't ever see a regular shift in the AHL. I don't know why you're all over this guy other than that he's from the same province. He's an anachronism; the useless, one-dimensional enforcer that even ECHL teams barely have a use for.
With all due respect, there's absolutely nothing wrong with being a fan of a specific player regardless of his potential. Some of the most popular players in minor league hockey have zero chance of going to the next level.

Further does it matter in the least why the OP is a fan of Gallant? No fan needs to justify why he is a fan of a player or a team.

Old
11-16-2009, 12:00 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
With all due respect, there's absolutely nothing wrong with being a fan of a specific player regardless of his potential. Some of the most popular players in minor league hockey have zero chance of going to the next level.

Further does it matter in the least why the OP is a fan of Gallant? No fan needs to justify why he is a fan of a player or a team.

Well said, I enjoy Gallant's fights because he's consistently been an underdog and gives away tremendous size advantages in virtually every fight....he doesn't hand pick and he seldom goes backwards. If someone can't have respect for someone who does those things on the ice...they're on a different hockey wavelength than me.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 08:10 PM
AUShockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
Well said, I enjoy Gallant's fights because he's consistently been an underdog and gives away tremendous size advantages in virtually every fight....he doesn't hand pick and he seldom goes backwards. If someone can't have respect for someone who does those things on the ice...they're on a different hockey wavelength than me.
Thank you.

Have already justified why I hope nothing but the best for Brett. Crazy, you may be right you may be wrong, but it is hard not to cheer for a guy who shows no fear and will drop the gloves night in night out for the sake of trying to give his team some momentum or inspiration. He's 21, has a long way to go...

Old
11-19-2009, 07:42 PM
AUShockeyfan

Brett called up

Word is Brett has been called up to the "A", and will suit up for the Syracuse Crunch tomorrow night as they play the Rochester Americans. Nothing posted on Crunch or Jackals sites, but this coming from a good source....

Crazyeddie, don't bother buying a lottery ticket this week...

Old
11-20-2009, 08:19 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Word is Brett has been called up to the "A", and will suit up for the Syracuse Crunch tomorrow night as they play the Rochester Americans. Nothing posted on Crunch or Jackals sites, but this coming from a good source....

Sorry to be an impartial bystander but

With all due respect, just because Gallant was called up doesn't mean

1. That he will dress (the Oilers called up Bryan Young from Stockton to Springfield and he made the cross country flight to sit in the MMC press box so it certainly wouldn't be a big deal for Gallant to make a relatively short drive from Elmira to Rochester)
2. That even if he does dress that he will play a regular shift in that game before being sent back to Elmira

Needless to say with a guy like John Mirasty on the Crunch's roster it's not as if the Crunch need an enforcer.

Either way, good for him. If I were as big of a fan of his as you are I'd be on the phone with the Crunch to see if I could buy his game-worn/issued jersey for the callup.

Old
11-20-2009, 11:48 AM
Chevy Cheveldae

Send a message via MSN to Chevy Cheveldae
Quote:

http://www.syracusecrunch.com/News/Detail/2544

Quote:
The Syracuse Crunch announced today that they have signed left wing Brett Gallant to a professional tryout contract. As per club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed

Chevy Cheveldae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 03:30 PM
AUShockeyfan

Quote:
Sorry to be an impartial bystander but

With all due respect, just because Gallant was called up doesn't mean

1. That he will dress (the Oilers called up Bryan Young from Stockton to Springfield and he made the cross country flight to sit in the MMC press box so it certainly wouldn't be a big deal for Gallant to make a relatively short drive from Elmira to Rochester)
2. That even if he does dress that he will play a regular shift in that game before being sent back to Elmira

Needless to say with a guy like John Mirasty on the Crunch's roster it's not as if the Crunch need an enforcer.

Either way, good for him. If I were as big of a fan of his as you are I'd be on the phone with the Crunch to see if I could buy his game-worn/issued jersey for the callup.
You're impartiality (if that's a word) is welcome here pelts. With respect to the Mirasty comment - word is he's interested in MMA, and might not be playing in the future (next season). Nasty could very well be tutoring Brett during his time spent in Syracuse - pretty good mentor. Not sure if there's any grey area with the term "tryout contract", but to me that insinuates Brett will be taking a few shifts tonight.

Point taken concerning the game worn/issued sweater - will look into it...

Thanks for posting the article Chevy...

Old
11-20-2009, 07:12 PM
hossy316

Send a message via MSN to hossy316
Just fought Jimmy Bonneau.

hossy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 11:14 PM
AUShockeyfan

dropyourgloves has Bonneau the winner - looking forward to the clips - good start Brett, you only gave up 3" and 34 lbs to the league's fight leader. I see Jimmy and Nasty have gone 5 times this year which accounts for nearly half of Jimmy's fights this season.

Old
11-21-2009, 10:53 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossy316 View Post
Just fought Jimmy Bonneau.

Didja see it Hoss?

Old
11-21-2009, 11:03 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Just saw it. Jimmy gets the decision here but not a bad jump to the AHL for Gallant. Bonneau's a big tough kid, could do without the upraised arm afterwards though. I'm sure somebody will beat that habit out of him soon enough.

Old
11-21-2009, 02:24 PM
torontosports10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyEddie20 View Post
Not gonna say you should eat your words, but....

torontosports10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 04:08 PM
AUShockeyfan

Here's the fight vs. Jimmy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETGITyNUJr4

Hard to say wether the shot at the end dropepd Brett vs. a slip. Win Bonneau, but great showing by Brett....

Old
11-21-2009, 09:09 PM
hossy316

Send a message via MSN to hossy316
Quote:
Here's the fight vs. Jimmy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETGITyNUJr4

Hard to say wether the shot at the end dropepd Brett vs. a slip. Win Bonneau, but great showing by Brett....
I watched it online live. They showed a different angle on the replay on the TV station. Bonneau did not connect at the end, rather Brett lost his balance.

hossy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 04:10 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by hossy316 View Post
I watched it online live. They showed a different angle on the replay on the TV station. Bonneau did not connect at the end, rather Brett lost his balance.
Gallant released from PTO by Syracuse....

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 12:49 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by torontosports10 View Post
Not gonna say you should eat your words, but....
Why should Eddie eat his words? Gallant dressed in 1 game, got a couple of shifts and then was sent back to the ECHL.

I certainly don't agree with the manner that Eddie made his point with insults, but I'd wouldn't call him wrong given that Gallant was sent back to Elmira yesterday.

Old
11-23-2009, 01:15 PM
torontosports10

I said it before he got released. How was I suppose to know he was gonna be released right after. Seems they just wanted him to fight the top dog.

torontosports10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 01:55 PM
pelts35.com

BTW, AUS, are you on the gameworn.net forum? Coincidentally someone there put out a want ad for any Gallant game-worns.

Old
11-25-2009, 09:29 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by torontosports10 View Post
I said it before he got released. How was I suppose to know he was gonna be released right after. Seems they just wanted him to fight the top dog.

He'll be back up within a month.

Old
11-27-2009, 11:36 PM
AUShockeyfan

Looks like Brett went at it again, with Ryan Schnell this time. These two went on 25/10 with Schnell appearing to get the edge in that one. Have to think clips will be out shortly...

EDIT: A review on droyourgloves.com has Brett with the narrow win - footage still not available?

Last edited by AUShockeyfan: 11-28-2009 at 11:07 AM.