HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

John Moore

Old
09-27-2009, 12:14 AM
hashmarks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orthosrgn2 View Post
I am not disagreeing with anything you say hash. I just believe the window of opportunity allows 8-10 games to see how he may respond. I believe the rule is there for exactly that situation and that he has earned the chance to a trial of up to 10 games. Other than the potential injury which i agree is a concern, why not give him a chance to be exposed to the NHL.
They might do it, but I just don't see it happening.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 01:13 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

I think John is better than, for example Klesla (the true is he is better than more our defensman). But Hitch will prefer him. So, he will probably play in OHL.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2009, 07:15 PM
rmp

Haven't seen anything official, but since he's not in the final two pre-season games, it looks like he's going to junior. It seemed to me that he had earned at least a few regular season games.

rmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 10:38 AM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Bump

Check out what Portzline said about Moore's debut in the OHL

Quote:
Top prospect D John Moore named 1st star in OHL debut, 2 G, 1 A, in 6-5 OT win over Saginaw

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 11:05 AM
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!

**** was he a steal at 21st overall. I hope he absolutely dominates in Junior this year.

Stej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 11:41 AM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ--A--N View Post
**** was he a steal at 21st overall. I hope he absolutely dominates in Junior this year.
Some people had this kid going top 10. It's crazy how far he fell.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 01:12 PM
FlaggerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
Some people had this kid going top 10. It's crazy how far he fell.
It is but that's just the sort of thing you hope for when you draft outside the lottery. Granted we've had a bunch of early picks thanks to earlier badness, but you have to think the Jackets scouts have been pretty good. We've drafted Brassard, Voracek and Filatov in consecutive years, found Mason, Mason, Dorsett and Russell in later rounds. Now Moore looks like the real thing.

It would be interesting to know what's expected out of an average draft. For sure you're first rounder ought to make it even though some don't (Picard and Brule stand out, though they still have a chance) but what do you expect out of later rounds. I would think that's where the better teams stand out, after all wasn't Zetterberg a late round pick?

FlaggerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Jimayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaggerX View Post
It is but that's just the sort of thing you hope for when you draft outside the lottery. Granted we've had a bunch of early picks thanks to earlier badness, but you have to think the Jackets scouts have been pretty good. We've drafted Brassard, Voracek and Filatov in consecutive years, found Mason, Mason, Dorsett and Russell in later rounds. Now Moore looks like the real thing.

It would be interesting to know what's expected out of an average draft. For sure you're first rounder ought to make it even though some don't (Picard and Brule stand out, though they still have a chance) but what do you expect out of later rounds. I would think that's where the better teams stand out, after all wasn't Zetterberg a late round pick?
Zetterberg 210. Datsyuk 171. Franzen 97. Filpulla 95. Holmstrom 275. Lebda Undrafted. Leino undrafted. Lidstrom 53. Maltby 56.

Jimayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 03:56 PM
Hipster Letestu

Moore's First Game

John Moore's 1st game: 2g 1a First Star

http://www.kitchenerrangers.com/main...sp?newsid=1574

Last edited by Hipster Letestu: 10-03-2009 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Added Link
Hipster Letestu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 05:17 PM
EDM

Boy when you combine Zherdev with Picard and Brule, that is three consecutive years of failed first round picks (failed is a bit harsh with Z, but he is no longer in the NHL) by Doug Maclean. Any question where the franchise lost its way?

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
Boy when you combine Zherdev with Picard and Brule, that is three consecutive years of failed first round picks (failed is a bit harsh with Z, but he is no longer in the NHL) by Doug Maclean. Any question where the franchise lost its way?
There is no excuse for Zherdev, that was just an awful pick all around. MacLean overruled the scouts without knowing anything about Z. But the Picard and Brule picks were justified at the time. The 2004 draft was a gamble everywhere outside the top 3...the next like 20 picks were seen pretty evenly. And Brule was pretty highly touted, and though I wanted Kopitar at the time, I was ok with Brule. We seriously ****ed him up..he would have been a lot better if handled properly.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote