HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bouillon a brutal signing

Old
09-22-2009, 04:18 PM
lightning_legwand*

vCash: 500
Bouillon a brutal signing

Who needs this guy??? lol Not us, or really anyone else.

First of all he is smaller than Ryan Ellis! lol
He brings nothing really at all to the table we do not already have. We have veterans in Webs, Suts, and Hamhuis. We do not need a 5'8'' 34 year old nobody who will most likely or better yet "hopefully" spend most of his time on the bench or in Milwaukee. The Milwaukee aspect seems unlikely seeing as he got a one way contract woth 750 000 g's.

I would be more happy with Zanon, De Vries, or Koistinen back over this bum!

Another Brutal signing Poile, you really make Nashville look back at times, but other times great! This was a brutal move.

Right after pursuing Kessel, you would think Poile would be hot on another top 6 forward, but instead he signs an old crappy tiny defenseman. I would have liked Chelios more than him!! and we could have got him cheaper most likely!!

Well so far this offseason we filled none of our needs but did add a bunch of useless junk to replace old useless junk, seems kind of pointless.

Olvecky, Eaves, Guite, Bouillon, Goc, etc etc, pretty weak offseason. This is a joke.

lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 04:26 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_legwand View Post
Who needs this guy??? lol Not us, or really anyone else.

First of all he is smaller than Ryan Ellis! lol
He brings nothing really at all to the table we do not already have. We have veterans in Webs, Suts, and Hamhuis. We do not need a 5'8'' 34 year old nobody who will most likely or better yet "hopefully" spend most of his time on the bench or in Milwaukee. The Milwaukee aspect seems unlikely seeing as he got a one way contract woth 750 000 g's.

I would be more happy with Zanon, De Vries, or Koistinen back over this bum!

Another Brutal signing Poile, you really make Nashville look back at times, but other times great! This was a brutal move.

Right after pursuing Kessel, you would think Poile would be hot on another top 6 forward, but instead he signs an old crappy tiny defenseman. I would have liked Chelios more than him!! and we could have got him cheaper most likely!!

Well so far this offseason we filled none of our needs but did add a bunch of useless junk to replace old useless junk, seems kind of pointless.

Olvecky, Eaves, Guite, Bouillon, Goc, etc etc, pretty weak offseason. This is a joke.

This is getting embarassing.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 04:27 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

If you hate Poile so much, then do the rest of us a favor and GO FIND ANOTHER TEAM TO ROOT FOR.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 04:42 PM
goalscorer

Let me first just say that Im not disagreeing with your point. I too have not been especially thrilled with our signings this offseason. However, I think your a little heated and might want to take a few breathes before speaking out so harshly.

Ive never seen him play and watched a few youtube videos on him to see what hes all about. Am I thrilled, absolutely not, but the Montreal fans rave about him and who is too say that his game will negatively affect our team. I can think of lots of reasons why he could be preseaved as an asset to the Preds. I can equally think of the opposite. He is a Predator now, so deal with it. Maybe the chips are being stacked this way to bring "bigger" chips to the table. Maybe there being stacked this way so the whole pile comes crashing down, who knows? (corny I know)

I can understand still being upset about the Kessel thing, but I would be careful to bash OUR players as good or bad as they may be, especially on these boards.

Last edited by goalscorer: 09-22-2009 at 04:43 PM. Reason: quoted wrong person
goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 04:49 PM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
Please quit complaining about every little thing to get attention. There is already a thread on the Boullion signing and there is lots of good logic why this is a great signing.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 04:55 PM
goalscorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
Please quit complaining about every little thing to get attention. There is already a thread on the Boullion signing and there is lots of good logic why this is a great signing.
What that guy said...

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 04:58 PM
Ceux de Montreal
help

Bouillon, if not over-used, will not hurt your team. He is a very servicable guy, a great teammate, with a good work ethic. He will stand up for his linemate. Props to the guy for that.

His passes are below-average but not mediocre. His skating is all good. He is decent on the PK. Played PP at times but it's not his place at all. At 5 on 5 he'll make occasionnal (often costy) mistakes like any number 6 dman would do.

But I think Blum is a better option than him

But he won't hurt.

Ceux de Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 04:59 PM
FD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post

You beat me to the punch. I'm starting to get embarrassed when reading these boards now. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but lightning_legwand, you seem to have a vendetta. I've never read anything constructive or logical in your posts. Is your real name Marian Cisar?

FD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 05:29 PM
lightning_legwand*

I have said alot of good positive stuff, but you guys are foolin yourselves if you actually believe Bouillon was the best vet defenseman we could have signed for 750 000 g's.

He is less talented than Boughner, Vopat, De Vries, Zanon, Jay More, Berehowsky, in fact he is one of the worst d men that will ever be a predator IMO.

No Vendetta, not trying to get attention, but someone has to say it.
You guys just sit around and say, well it was not amazing, but good job poile!! Playoff bound now eh!

Old
09-22-2009, 05:39 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

All right, if Bouillon wasn't the best available, who could we have signed? A decrepit Chris Chelios? The biggest gaffe machine in pro hockey, Marc-Andre Bergeron? An even slower Greg De Vries?

At the time when we started looking for a defender, there were a handful of defenders I would have trusted to even run a concession stand, let alone kill penalties, and Bouillon was one of them. We needed depth, we went out and got it. Poile finally does something the team needs him to do, and you start a thread talking about how terrible it is without giving any real justification except "he's brutal." Give me something concrete and I might believe you, but having seen Bouillon play myself three times (an admittedly small sample size, but one that I feel is sufficient), I can't see why you would pour such negativity on the acquisition unless you really do have some kind of personal vendetta against the guy.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 05:46 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Quote:
No Vendetta, not trying to get attention, but someone has to say it!
I think the point is that there is already a thread devoted to this topic where many people have already gone to say their opinion.

I admire your passion for the team but you should really try to contribute to the conversations that are already taking place instead of starting new threads every day to rant and rave.

What will happen is people will just start ignoring your threads.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 05:50 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

If you read the other thread nobody is pushing him for the Norris trophy. No poster even said 'This guy puts us over the top - our defense is now complete".

He is at worst a role-player, a slot holder while a prospect gets more polish and confidence with the Ads. At best, he can do spot duty in #4 and keep up a competition to make Klein better.

I suggest you resume your medication, please, for the sake of the sane members of this hockey board. Rant over.

Last edited by darth5: 09-22-2009 at 05:51 PM. Reason: typo
darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 06:11 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 286
It's sad that I'm not a Predators fan and only a casual reader of this board but I knew exactly who started this thread when I saw the title listed.

Going Back to Cally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 06:24 PM
echlfreak

Bouillon is a solid veteran signing. The biggest difference between him and Ellis/Blum etc. is the 485 games that he has played in the NHL...not the CHL, the NHL. Very big difference. He is a quality guy and adds toughness to a team that lacks a little grit. It gives us another guy that can drop the gloves so that Weber does not have to.

Yes, it is not the signing that everyone was looking for after the Kessel miss. But, it is none the less a d-man who logged 15-20 minutes a game with Montreal.

If DP can still pull out a key signing or trade for a winger on Legwands line then I would have to say this team has a legit chance at being a playoff contender.

echlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Panopticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
It's sad that I'm not a Predators fan and only a casual reader of this board but I knew exactly who started this thread when I saw the title listed.
I know exactly what you mean.

Panopticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 06:49 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
This is getting embarassing.
Getting?

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 07:17 PM
MemphisMTLfan

Is there a way to combine and ?

MemphisMTLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 09:00 PM
lightning_legwand*

Quote:
Originally Posted by echlfreak View Post
Bouillon is a solid veteran signing. The biggest difference between him and Ellis/Blum etc. is the 485 games that he has played in the NHL...not the CHL, the NHL. Very big difference. He is a quality guy and adds toughness to a team that lacks a little grit. It gives us another guy that can drop the gloves so that Weber does not have to.

Yes, it is not the signing that everyone was looking for after the Kessel miss. But, it is none the less a d-man who logged 15-20 minutes a game with Montreal.

If DP can still pull out a key signing or trade for a winger on Legwands line then I would have to say this team has a legit chance at being a playoff contender.
Yeah thats true, I can believe that for sure. "If" we do get a top 6 forward to play on Legwand's line, then we are definitely a postseasonm worthy team. But I think if we get that top 6 forward, Bouillon would not have been the difference.

I got a buddy that loves the Habs and laughed at me when he heard we got Bouillon, I have seen him play on tv and never liked him. Just my opinion.

How much did Zanon want???

Old
09-22-2009, 09:06 PM
lightning_legwand*

http://data.tennessean.com/v2/bin/pl...tennessean.com

Lol, signing is lookin better and better.

Old
09-22-2009, 09:15 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Yeah thats true, I can believe that for sure. "If" we do get a top 6 forward to play on Legwand's line, then we are definitely a postseasonm worthy team. But I think if we get that top 6 forward, Bouillon would not have been the difference.

I got a buddy that loves the Habs and laughed at me when he heard we got Bouillon, I have seen him play on tv and never liked him. Just my opinion.

How much did Zanon want???
Judging by his contract with the Wild, he wanted ~$1.9M/year for three years - three times the term and over two and a half times the salary.

Something tells me Poile wouldn't go for that.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 09:50 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
http://data.tennessean.com/v2/bin/pl...tennessean.com

Lol, signing is lookin better and better.
Very seriously, do you read other threads??? It is your MO to start a new thread whenever you want to discuss a topic regardless of whether or not one is already present. The reason that people like to have one thread regarding each topic is to prevent the overlap of information from thread to thread. The other Bouillon thread has that info in it already...

Mods: Can we please merge this thread with the original one discussing the addition of Bouillon please? Thanks!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 12:21 AM
predfan24

Or better yet can we just erase it and pretend like it never happened?

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 03:57 AM
Panopticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Or better yet can we just erase it and pretend like it never happened?
I'd support this option. After all, all this thread is is us shaking our heads at this guy, nothing really of value here that needs to be merged with the other thread.

Panopticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 04:28 AM
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

I don't think a single team in the NHL should feel really sad about Boullion as a 6th/7th D-man on 750k per.

He's nothing to rave over, but he will get the job done and add experience to the roster at a fair cost.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote