HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2015 NHL Entry Draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-30-2014, 10:18 AM
  #1
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,658
vCash: 500
2015 NHL Entry Draft

Figured we should start a separate thread about the upcoming draft. Not a testimonial on my feelings on the current Coyote roster. Just with the CHL starting it would be could to have a forum to discuss non-Coyote prospects who may be of interest in the next draft.

hbk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2014, 10:26 AM
  #2
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,658
vCash: 500
Caught a exhibition game last night between Calgary HItmen and Regina Pats.

Came to watch Pavel Kamacaukov with Calgary as Redline has him in top two rounds. Honestly he didn't really do much to me to highlight him as a top 60 pick. Exhibition I know but he just seemed very average and didn't stand out.

One player who is on my radar screen as a potential mid-round gem is Sergey Zborovsky with the Pats. Fresh off the plane from Russia (yes I know) and I doubt he understands a lick of english but he showed some poise with the puck early on, got some shots on net, made some nice passes, plays the right side. He's a guy that I'm looking forward to watching again as he adjusts to North America. Got talking with one of the players fathers during the game and he commented that he's incredible shape as well. During the physical testing they had to get him to stop doing situps once he hit 300. I think the second best on the team was 100.

hbk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2014, 10:33 AM
  #3
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,917
vCash: 500
Excited that Zacha is heading to the OHL for more head-to-head comparisons with McDavid, Konecny, Marner, Strome and Crouse. I wish Eichel would've broken commitment and opted for the OHL, too.

I read somewhere that Marner has sprouted up to six feet. I find that hard to believe. He looked smaller than Domi at the Memorial Cup.

I hope Erie trades Strome. Everyone complains about how terrible McDavids winger options are going to be this season. Just think about poor Strome! The Otters should trade Strome for a winger for McDavid, and that way each kid gets some help. Haha. It's too bad Karlsson didn't come over.

If Zacha gets to play center full-time, mynhldraft.com has 7 centers listed in our range (5th overall to 12th overall) in Colin White (5th), Matthew Barzal (6th), Pavel Zacha (7th), Kyle Connor (8th), Travis Konecny (9th), Dylan Strome (10th), and Mitch Marner (12th).

Dauphin being our best C prospect (and by a long-shot) is unacceptable.

__________________
This poster should not be taken seriously under any circumstances.

Last edited by rt: 08-30-2014 at 10:39 AM.
rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2014, 01:34 PM
  #4
lanky
Registered User
 
lanky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 877
vCash: 500
Nice! I think August might be a record for setting up a draft thread.

lanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2014, 01:41 PM
  #5
lanky
Registered User
 
lanky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I hope Erie trades Strome. Everyone complains about how terrible McDavids winger options are going to be this season. Just think about poor Strome! The Otters should trade Strome for a winger for McDavid, and that way each kid gets some help. Haha. It's too bad Karlsson didn't come over.

.
Is Burakowsky headed to the A? A dominant season with McDavid might be really good for his offensive development.

lanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2014, 01:49 PM
  #6
lanky
Registered User
 
lanky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Dauphin being our best C prospect (and by a long-shot) is unacceptable.
Maloney knows that C's come at a premium. I'm thankful that he paid that premium in the 2nd round of the last two drafts. Now I'm hoping the first round lines up so that BPA is a scoring C.

lanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2014, 08:14 PM
  #7
Chootoi
Registered User
 
Chootoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Excited that Zacha is heading to the OHL for more head-to-head comparisons with McDavid, Konecny, Marner, Strome and Crouse. I wish Eichel would've broken commitment and opted for the OHL, too.
Eichel couldn't go to the OHL even if he wanted to. He is QMJHL property. Saint John owns his rights. US territorial rights are divided up amongst the 3 CHL leagues. QMJHL gets the New England states, WHL gets the Midwest and pacific states and OHL gets pretty much everything else.

He would have to pass QMJHL waivers to be eligible for another league. 18 teams wouldn't pass on that kind of talent.

Chootoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2014, 09:17 PM
  #8
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,917
vCash: 500
Somewhere in my mind I knew that. Haha. I think it was the rumor that Eichel would only go the CHL route if a move to the OHL could be orchestrated, allowing him to go head to head with McDavid.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2014, 10:15 AM
  #9
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,917
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post

If Zacha gets to play center full-time, mynhldraft.com has 7 centers listed in our range (5th overall to 12th overall) in Colin White (5th), Matthew Barzal (6th), Pavel Zacha (7th), Kyle Connor (8th), Travis Konecny (9th), Dylan Strome (10th), and Mitch Marner (12th).

Dauphin being our best C prospect (and by a long-shot) is unacceptable.
Zacha has been playing C in the pre-season according to Sarnia fans. This is a good sign. The last center we drafted in the first round was Kyle Turris. Before that? Jakub Koreis.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2014, 03:41 PM
  #10
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Zacha has been playing C in the pre-season according to Sarnia fans. This is a good sign. The last center we drafted in the first round was Kyle Turris. Before that? Jakub Koreis.
I know I was shocked we went winger. Larkin struck me as a perfect Dave Tippett guy but I get the size/skill package that Maloney cites as the reasons they selected Perlini despite his less than stellar last half of the season.

hbk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2014, 09:14 PM
  #11
lanky
Registered User
 
lanky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 877
vCash: 500
http://www.theqmjhl.ca/article/vid-o...l-games/163827

QMJHL games are being streamed for free until Sep 30. I might try to catch some Chicoutimi once Dauphin is back there. Nicolas Roy sounds like a really intriguing prospect. I'm sure our scouts will get very familiar with him through the year.

lanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2014, 02:44 AM
  #12
Rabbit
Captain Cook
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Zacha has been playing C in the pre-season according to Sarnia fans. This is a good sign. The last center we drafted in the first round was Kyle Turris. Before that? Jakub Koreis.
Wasn't Domi listed as a center when we drafted him? I thought he centered Horvat in London too.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2014, 09:38 AM
  #13
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,917
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Wasn't Domi listed as a center when we drafted him? I thought he centered Horvat in London too.
He played center occasionally but mostly wing. He didn't play with Horvat a whole lot, when he did it was as Horvats wing. I've never seen Horvat play anywhere but center.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2014, 09:41 AM
  #14
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,917
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanky View Post
http://www.theqmjhl.ca/article/vid-o...l-games/163827

QMJHL games are being streamed for free until Sep 30. I might try to catch some Chicoutimi once Dauphin is back there. Nicolas Roy sounds like a really intriguing prospect. I'm sure our scouts will get very familiar with him through the year.
I will never be able to catch a live stream, but if I could, I'd really want to see Daniel Sprong of Charlottetown. Usually listed 8-15 on most draft boards, and is a goal scoring winger.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2014, 09:39 PM
  #15
letowskie
Registered User
 
letowskie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: In your worst nighmare
Posts: 2,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanky View Post
Maloney knows that C's come at a premium. I'm thankful that he paid that premium in the 2nd round of the last two drafts. Now I'm hoping the first round lines up so that BPA is a scoring C.
We should simply take BPA. It's hard to predict team's needs in 5 years, and the make up of the team might shift significantly (if not coaching, or maybe even management). Take BPA also does not place unrealistic expectations that draftees are supposed to step into signficiant NHL roles in the first 12 months, no matter the draft position.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.