HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Arizona Visitors Inquiry Thread (links on start page)

Old
08-17-2010, 08:22 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryzgalov30 View Post
They probably don't have the stencils for it.. I highly doubt they have anything against the Coyotes since they Sponsored the Whiteout 2010 t-shirts
True

But at least some place that can make Coyotes cakes even though they haven't make them before would be nice. I bet to make a Coyotes cake or anything hockey related for a cake would be pricy being it's a speciality cake.

A Coyotes Stanley Cup Cake would probably cost just as much as a wedding cake.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 05:24 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

vCash: 995
Howdy,

I'm heading off to Arizona in January for the NC game, but I still need to spend exorbitant amounts of money on tickets from an online site somewhere. Are the lower level corner seats (like sec 101-103, 113-116) good seats?

theaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 05:45 PM
TGOTC
Yer a wizard Oliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub View Post
Howdy,

I'm heading off to Arizona in January for the NC game, but I still need to spend exorbitant amounts of money on tickets from an online site somewhere. Are the lower level corner seats (like sec 101-103, 113-116) good seats?
You can use

http://www.seats3d.com/nhl/phoenix_coyotes/

to see what view you have from your seat. From my experiences down there Sec. 101 is great and the others have a pretty meh view but I prefer to sit in the middle so I can see the action on both ends of the ice good.

TGOTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 05:47 PM
PHX FireBirds18

There's not a bad seat in the house, and I can honestly say I have just as much fun sitting in the upper deck as I do in the lower.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 01:52 AM
mike14

G'day

Going to be staying in Sierra Vista for a few weeks in Jan/Feb and was just wondering if there was any help with the following:
- Is there anything worth seeing/doing in that area?
- how long would it take to drive up to Phoenix (keen on seeing some hockey) and what are the roads like?

Thanks

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 04:27 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
G'day

Going to be staying in Sierra Vista for a few weeks in Jan/Feb and was just wondering if there was any help with the following:
- Is there anything worth seeing/doing in that area?
- how long would it take to drive up to Phoenix (keen on seeing some hockey) and what are the roads like?

Thanks
Check out Tombstone, Bisbee and Kartchner Caverns. All three are about a half hour from Sierra Vista.

You're looking at probably a 3.5 hour drive to get the arena. I don't understand your "what are the roads like" question. Are you perhaps talking about roughness or winter conditions?! lol...if that's the case, no worries man, roads are fine.

Sierra Vista to Jobing.com

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 09:34 PM
HuMz

vCash: 50
OT: Travelling to Phoenix

Hey guys, im sure this topic has come up a few times from other posters travelling to Phoenix but figured I'd get a better update based on my situation. I'll be coming down on Jan 13-17th and staying at my grandpas place in Suprise.

Im a diehard Oilers and Cardinals fan but unfortionately due to timing won't be able to catch my first live NFL game being a week too late, but my buddy and I are definitely interested in seeing you guys kick the leafs ass on thursday night. Is our best idea too go through a scalper for cheap seats or just buy them at the ticket office?

This will be probably my 20th trip to Phoenix (grandparents live there and parents always had a vacation condo growing up) but this will be my first time of legal age. What are some good places to check out for decent lounges/restaraunts/night clubs etc.?

We'll be golfing everyday as well but im sure my grandpa will handle most of the tee times in that regard. Any other ideas or places to check out would be awesome, thanks!

HuMz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 11:14 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuMz View Post
Hey guys, im sure this topic has come up a few times from other posters travelling to Phoenix but figured I'd get a better update based on my situation. I'll be coming down on Jan 13-17th and staying at my grandpas place in Suprise.

Im a diehard Oilers and Cardinals fan but unfortionately due to timing won't be able to catch my first live NFL game being a week too late, but my buddy and I are definitely interested in seeing you guys kick the leafs ass on thursday night. Is our best idea too go through a scalper for cheap seats or just buy them at the ticket office?

This will be probably my 20th trip to Phoenix (grandparents live there and parents always had a vacation condo growing up) but this will be my first time of legal age. What are some good places to check out for decent lounges/restaraunts/night clubs etc.?

We'll be golfing everyday as well but im sure my grandpa will handle most of the tee times in that regard. Any other ideas or places to check out would be awesome, thanks!
Check out my Stickied visitors info thread and where are you looking to sit?

Old
12-10-2010, 02:04 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:

Glad to hear you're coming to route against the Leafs! As far as tickets go, I would wait till about a week before hand and then call around. It's very unlikely the game will sell out and at that poi....wait, you're a diehard Cardinals fan?!?! Sorry, got distracted, anyway at that point you'll be able to determine where to get the best deal, 3rd party like stubhub or at the box office.

As for going out, Old Town Scottsdale is by far your best option. Unfortunately that's no where near Surprise but it's still by far your best bet. Downtown Tempe is a decent spot too considering your age but that's even further away. There are places that you'd probably enjoy that are located close to you but they are unlikely to be happening on days other than Friday and Saturday. Since you're not here on those days, you're likely going to need to travel to Old Town or Tempe to get much of a nightlife experience. Oh and I'm sure you've heard that apparently Brett Sutter was a fan of Tuesday nights at American Junkie (Old Town Scottsdale).

Old
12-14-2010, 06:47 PM
HuMz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
Check out my Stickied visitors info thread and where are you looking to sit?
Preferably in the lower bowl, here in Calgary or in Edmonton I'd be looking at $100+, how much would I be looking at and is there places that run deals on tickets?

Old
12-14-2010, 06:52 PM
HuMz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Glad to hear you're coming to route against the Leafs! As far as tickets go, I would wait till about a week before hand and then call around. It's very unlikely the game will sell out and at that poi....wait, you're a diehard Cardinals fan?!?! Sorry, got distracted, anyway at that point you'll be able to determine where to get the best deal, 3rd party like stubhub or at the box office.

As for going out, Old Town Scottsdale is by far your best option. Unfortunately that's no where near Surprise but it's still by far your best bet. Downtown Tempe is a decent spot too considering your age but that's even further away. There are places that you'd probably enjoy that are located close to you but they are unlikely to be happening on days other than Friday and Saturday. Since you're not here on those days, you're likely going to need to travel to Old Town or Tempe to get much of a nightlife experience. Oh and I'm sure you've heard that apparently Brett Sutter was a fan of Tuesday nights at American Junkie (Old Town Scottsdale).
I know its been a tough year but it was good to see them break the losing streak and for Skelton to get his first win in his first career start.

And my cousin who was down there for a Flames game last year said to check out saddleranch (could be wrong on the name) in the arena district....I guess its kinda like a popular country bar we have here in Calgary called Ranchmens although im not really a fan of country music.

Friday night we will probably get a hotel near tempe and check out a few places then its looking like we will be renting a car and driving up to Vegas early saturday morning after finding out my uncle is having a stag party there that night.

Thanks for all the info and tips

Old
12-14-2010, 07:50 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Preferably in the lower bowl, here in Calgary or in Edmonton I'd be looking at $100+, how much would I be looking at and is there places that run deals on tickets?
Honestly the deals are going to be more in the upper bowl than the lower bowl since the team made a pledge to the STH that no one will pay less than what the Season Ticket Holders will pay per game. However, You can still get a lower bowl ticket for about less than $100 a game at the gate price. Also there's stubhub, Coyotes Ticket Exchange via Ticketmaster.

Old
12-14-2010, 07:55 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
I know its been a tough year but it was good to see them break the losing streak and for Skelton to get his first win in his first career start.

And my cousin who was down there for a Flames game last year said to check out saddleranch (could be wrong on the name) in the arena district....I guess its kinda like a popular country bar we have here in Calgary called Ranchmens although im not really a fan of country music.

Friday night we will probably get a hotel near tempe and check out a few places then its looking like we will be renting a car and driving up to Vegas early saturday morning after finding out my uncle is having a stag party there that night.

Thanks for all the info and tips
You'll see Saddleranch on your left before you enter the arena. It's a huge restaurant that doubles as a bar (complete with mechanical bull). It'll probably be ok Thursday night and should be happening on a Friday night but other nights not likely. Hell's Half Acre is pretty cool, it's a straight up bar about 50yds West of Saddleranch. It's a good place to snag drinks before the game (if you're not eating). There is also the Yardhouse which will be happening before and a little after games.

In a nutshell, anywhere in Westgate should be decent before and right after a game. However, if you want nightlife at Westgate that goes beyond 10-10:30pm, it'll have to be a Thursday night or Friday night, the latter being your much better bet. Otherwise, it's Scottsdale or Tempe. Speaking of which, if you're going to do the hotel and party thing, you're almost certainly better off doing old town Scottsdale over Tempe. Tempe is really nice but Old Town Scottsdale is one of the top party destinations in the US. The only downside is it can be kinda uppity and overly trendy, if you really don't like that then stick with Tempe.

Old
12-19-2010, 07:43 PM
drb391

arena questions

hi all; Sabres fan from NY here.
am traveling to AZ in March. have offered to take my brother and his son-in-law to the Coyotes/Canucks game on 3/8

might splurge and go for seats in C4/5 area. I assume that means "club seating". if so, what amenities go with it? is there a restaurant at that level? if so, does it serve full meals, or just glorified "bar food" and sandwiches? (that's pretty much all there is at HSBC arena's club level)

if I opt for cheaper seats, can someone recommend a dinner restaurant near the arena; one possibly walking distance to both parking and the arena?

tia
dan

drb391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 07:54 PM
Le JavJav

I would go with the second option. There are pleanty of restaurants with in 50 yards or less from the arena.

Le JavJav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 07:55 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by drb391 View Post
hi all; Sabres fan from NY here.
am traveling to AZ in March. have offered to take my brother and his son-in-law to the Coyotes/Canucks game on 3/8

might splurge and go for seats in C4/5 area. I assume that means "club seating". if so, what amenities go with it? is there a restaurant at that level? if so, does it serve full meals, or just glorified "bar food" and sandwiches? (that's pretty much all there is at HSBC arena's club level)

if I opt for cheaper seats, can someone recommend a dinner restaurant near the arena; one possibly walking distance to both parking and the arena?

tia
dan
It is club seating on the lower suite level, Coyotes two-attack end. Food choices are a prime rib buffet (link below to a recent buffet menu) and an a-la-carte food stand (recent menu link below as well).

Full private bar for Club members only and no bathroom lines.

I've had season seats there for 3 years now and love them. Club capacity is ~350 so waits for services aren't long at all.

Buffet Menu

A-la-carte Food Stand

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 09:29 PM
HockeyAndTheSox
Let's Go Pens&Yotes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
It is club seating on the lower suite level, Coyotes two-attack end. Food choices are a prime rib buffet (link below to a recent buffet menu) and an a-la-carte food stand (recent menu link below as well).

Full private bar for Club members only and no bathroom lines.

I've had season seats there for 3 years now and love them. Club capacity is ~350 so waits for services aren't long at all.

Buffet Menu

A-la-carte Food Stand
The Comerica club has a great view on the Coyotes attack 2x side of the ice and the food is GREAT. I've never been in the club and eaten a bad piece of food. Its like having a gourmet restaurant inside the arena.

HockeyAndTheSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 11:08 PM
drb391

thanx for the quick replies

RR, how much earier than gametime can you get in?

Last edited by drb391: 12-20-2010 at 09:38 AM. Reason: sorry for wrong placement
drb391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 11:05 AM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by drb391 View Post
thanx for the quick replies RR, how much earier than gametime can you get in?
1 hour before game time.

Old
01-05-2011, 12:13 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Hi there,

Visiting Phoenix 1/22 to see the Kings and Coyotes. I got a few questions and look for your advice.

I'm flying in Sat 1/22 around 2pm and staying in Scottsdale/Tempe area. I was wondering if they allow tailgating in the parking lots for the Coyotes games. If so, what lot(s)? We might just cab it but I'd figured I'd ask.

We also plan to play golf on Sunday (the following day) and was hoping to get some feedback. None of us are big golfers but since bags fly free on Southwest and that is the perfect time of year to golf in Arizona, I'd figure we'll give it a go. I'd like to spend not much more than $50 but if there is a killer place to play for a bit more then I'd consider it. I realize that isn't a big budget for golf but I'm hoping that in the land with as many golf courses as Arizona has, there will be some hidden gems. So far the only place I've scouted is the course at the ASU campus. It was $49 a round at 11am and it looked decent. THoughts on this course and any suggestions will be welcome.

My friend who lived in Arizona for a time is going to take us to the Greyhound racing track later that night to get in some gambling. Smells like a party.. lol!

Buddy The Elf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Hi there,

Visiting Phoenix 1/22 to see the Kings and Coyotes. I got a few questions and look for your advice.

I'm flying in Sat 1/22 around 2pm and staying in Scottsdale/Tempe area. I was wondering if they allow tailgating in the parking lots for the Coyotes games. If so, what lot(s)? We might just cab it but I'd figured I'd ask.

We also plan to play golf on Sunday (the following day) and was hoping to get some feedback. None of us are big golfers but since bags fly free on Southwest and that is the perfect time of year to golf in Arizona, I'd figure we'll give it a go. I'd like to spend not much more than $50 but if there is a killer place to play for a bit more then I'd consider it. I realize that isn't a big budget for golf but I'm hoping that in the land with as many golf courses as Arizona has, there will be some hidden gems. So far the only place I've scouted is the course at the ASU campus. It was $49 a round at 11am and it looked decent. THoughts on this course and any suggestions will be welcome.

My friend who lived in Arizona for a time is going to take us to the Greyhound racing track later that night to get in some gambling. Smells like a party.. lol!
Glad you saw this thread. From what I understand there is no tailgating allowed anywhere in the Westgate area for either Cardinals and Coyotes games or other events at Westgate. During Cardinals game they have some parking areas around Glendale that do allow it from what I understand but I dont think do any parking for Coyotes games.

Where are you guys looking to do Greyhound racing? From what I heard the track near downtoen Phoenix, around 40th and Washington I think? was closed down.

EDIT:http://www.azcentral.com/community/p...hound1217.html

December 31 was the last of everything there but there is a greyhound racing in Apache Junction a town about 30 miles from Downtown Phoenix.

Old
01-05-2011, 12:59 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
Glad you saw this thread. From what I understand there is no tailgating allowed anywhere in the Westgate area for either Cardinals and Coyotes games or other events at Westgate. During Cardinals game they have some parking areas around Glendale that do allow it from what I understand but I dont think do any parking for Coyotes games.

Where are you guys looking to do Greyhound racing? From what I heard the track near downtoen Phoenix, around 40th and Washington I think? was closed down.

EDIT:http://www.azcentral.com/community/p...hound1217.html

December 31 was the last of everything there but there is a greyhound racing in Apache Junction a town about 30 miles from Downtown Phoenix.
Wow.. I went to an Arizona Cardinals game back in SEptember and there were a ton of people drinking in the lot but it was so friggin hot I stayed in my car for about 10 mins and went in. I guess they were breaking the law out there!

Total bummer about the greyhound racing! Yeah I think we planned on going to the one downtown. My buddy said it would be near where we are staying.

Well, now it looks ilke i'll need some suggestions for something to do Sunday night.

Old
01-05-2011, 01:06 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Wow.. I went to an Arizona Cardinals game back in SEptember and there were a ton of people drinking in the lot but it was so friggin hot I stayed in my car for about 10 mins and went in. I guess they were breaking the law out there!

Total bummer about the greyhound racing! Yeah I think we planned on going to the one downtown. My buddy said it would be near where we are staying.

Well, now it looks ilke i'll need some suggestions for something to do Sunday night.
Unless its the BBQ part only they dont allow. If anything now that I think about it I have seen going into the Cards games that there are lots of beer cans and bottles on the ground all over before you get inside.

For what to do on a Saturday night after the game there will be plenty to do. Aside from Westgate, they're plenty of bars and clubs in Tempe and Scottsdale including Old Town and Downtown Scottsdale. Looking for a Strip Club? Van Buren St in Phoenix has plenty and a few along Grand Ave as well although you can guess how bad the areas are too with that.

Also to the regulars who post here, what do you know about golfing here and their prices?

Old
01-05-2011, 01:44 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
I'm not sure what the "official" stance is on tailgating but the Cardinals games are absolutely packed with people tailgating. I'm sure you can do it at a Coyote game but you'd have to be pretty discreet as you will not be buried in a sea of other tailgaters like you would a Cardinals game. Your best bet is to just go to one of the bars or restaurants at Westgate. If you just want to have some drinks and hang out, go to Hell's Half Acre, it's pretty cool in there! If you want to eat, go to one of the other places like McFadden's, Saddle Ranch or Yard House.

What's golf?

Old
01-05-2011, 03:02 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
What's golf?
That is what the Kings usually play starting in late April.