HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Arizona Visitors Inquiry Thread (links on start page)

Old
03-21-2012, 01:17 PM
PhoenixAvsFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixAvsFan View Post
Great! Would you happen to know about what time that happens?
Anyone?

PhoenixAvsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 08:43 AM
NordicBruin91
Bleed Black & Gold

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to NordicBruin91
Hey guys,

I am moving to Phoenix in June.

I also play hockey, any ideas what rinks to contact? I am a goalie.

Also, how much do you guys pay to go see a game? I'm a big Bruins fan but I'd like to catch the Yotes alot.

NordicBruin91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 08:45 AM
IIHFjerseycollector

Send a message via AIM to IIHFjerseycollector
Quote:
Originally Posted by NordicBruin91 View Post
Hey guys,

Also, how much do you guys pay to go see a game? I'm a big Bruins fan but I'd like to catch the Yotes alot.
where in phoenix?? its a big city...

anywhere from 15-100 bucks a game.

IIHFjerseycollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 08:46 AM
NordicBruin91
Bleed Black & Gold

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to NordicBruin91
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIHFjerseycollector View Post
where in phoenix?? its a big city...

anywhere from 15-100 bucks a game.
I am moving to Ahwatukee.

NordicBruin91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 10:38 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
I am moving to Ahwatukee.
Good choice.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 01:26 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Hey guys,

In Ahwatukee you'll be ridiculously close to the Chandler Polar Ice, just East of the I-10 and south of Ray rd..

kihekah19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 04:38 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Good choice.
Except for traffic, getting in and out of there at certain times of the day is freaking horrid!

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 07:51 PM
IIHFjerseycollector

Send a message via AIM to IIHFjerseycollector
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Except for traffic, getting in and out of there at certain times of the day is freaking horrid!
really? i work 8-4 M-F and never , ever have a genuine problem..

to Nordicbruin
ahwatukee is a great place to live. closest rink is chandler polar ice. Im going there tonight actually.. either way, chandler polar ice. gilbert polar ice, arcadia ice and oceanside ice arena are all within ~20 min drive of ahwatukee. more rinks than what I had in Rochester!

what skill level of a goalie are you ? I can get you in contact with the manager of the rink and get you in as soon as you get here.. send me a PM if interested

IIHFjerseycollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 08:28 AM
SweYote

I have about a week off after April 14th and I'm seriously considering flying to Phoenix to watch a playoff game. Is there anyway of knowing when the games would be exactly and is it hard to get tickets? I'm not doing it if I'm not 100 % sure I can get my hands on one.

SweYote is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 08:31 AM
XX
... Waiting

Shouldn't be hard and the schedule will be released soon.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Lawgirl

I just wanted to say a quick thanks for all the hard work you Yotes fans have put into this thread--it's really appreciated!

I'm a diehard Oilers fan, but the Coyotes are my #2 team in the West. We try and come down 2-3 times a year and always have a great time. I love the arena and especially the Yardhouse!! I really hope the team stays--love watching games when I'm down and we try and support the team as much as we can by purchasing game packs every season.

We're flying down the 12th for the playoffs and already bought our tickets. Can't wait to see you then

Lawgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:18 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 1625
I may come down to Phoenix for the prospective weekend games. What are some good places to eat at in Phoenix? Also, what are the good areas to sit in Chase Field?

MurrayBannerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:27 PM
Sushiko
Damn Blues

Hope its OK, but I'd like to ask again, the question about the rinks for people to play hockey - are there any in phoenix proper or Glendale/Peoria that allow amatuer men's hockey - like a hobby, or an in-line skate league? Nothing serious, just for fun mostly.

Also - we want to go to a playoff game - do they sell out quick? During the regular season, we show up and get a military/student discount ticket, no problem. Any ideas if they are doing those discounts for the playoffs too, and do these playoff games sell out quick or do you think if we waited till the day of we could do OK? I don't mind what kind of seats we get, I'm sure we can afford anything too spectacular.

I was really impressed with what we got in the regular season - the price and the seats were amazing. We used to live by Dallas, and the seats we got for the price were terrible, and hardly anyone attended.

Sushiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:37 PM
zz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushiko View Post
I wouldn't recommend waiting until the day of the game for the playoffs. They usually do sell out.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:43 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
I may come down to Phoenix for the prospective weekend games. What are some good places to eat at in Phoenix? Also, what are the good areas to sit in Chase Field?
Well, it depends on what you like. I've been spoiled, and I've sat all over at Chase. The outfield is a nice area to sit, and it's a little bit of a different breed. They usually start to get the wave going out in right field.

Myself personally, I've sat behind the home dugout, as well as up the foul line on the right field side. I've sat in the upper deck behind home plate. Of all the places I've sat, I've enjoyed behind the dugout the best. Granted I was 6 rows deep, and could hear the players having conversations, it was still the best spot I've been in. I'm a person that likes to be close to the action though. There's really not many bad seats at Chase.

awfulwaffle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
I wouldn't recommend waiting until the day of the game for the playoffs. They usually do sell out.
It is already on pace to sellout, possibly today. Looks like the upper deck is full and only a few hundred tickets on the ends remain. There are plenty of tickets on stubhub but those are currently inflated by about 20%. I went back and forth about buying a playoff package but I am glad I did....even though I was on hold for an hour before it got done...

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Sushiko
Damn Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
thank you. we'll see about buying tickets pronto then. I still see some are up for grabs.

Sushiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 02:24 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Well, it depends on what you like. I've been spoiled, and I've sat all over at Chase. The outfield is a nice area to sit, and it's a little bit of a different breed. They usually start to get the wave going out in right field.

Myself personally, I've sat behind the home dugout, as well as up the foul line on the right field side. I've sat in the upper deck behind home plate. Of all the places I've sat, I've enjoyed behind the dugout the best. Granted I was 6 rows deep, and could hear the players having conversations, it was still the best spot I've been in. I'm a person that likes to be close to the action though. There's really not many bad seats at Chase.
It's likely that price won't be a problem so most likely I'll grab some close seats, but if there's some good values like Cubs bleacher seats or something like that I wouldn't mind saving money.

Old
04-09-2012, 03:49 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
It's likely that price won't be a problem so most likely I'll grab some close seats, but if there's some good values like Cubs bleacher seats or something like that I wouldn't mind saving money.
We have the cheapest ticket in the game. We have plenty of deals, try dbacks.com/value - I don't know if it won't be there for certain games, etc. There are certain seats that give you access to the bar down below. I forget what section they are called, but the bar downstairs is very nice. Pricey, but nice.

The game I had tickets behind the dugout was actually the "black out", where the power went out, and it took about 30 minutes to get the lights back on to continue the game. ASU was playing at the same time, so my buddy and I picked up our beers, and went down to the bar to watch the ASU game on TV. They still have the game on the tvs, along with other sports on other tvs, so you wouldn't be missing the baseball game. Also, the bar connects to the locker rooms. They block them off, but you might be able to get a glimpse of the players as they are heading to the lockers, and might even get a couple of them to sign an autograph. Diamondbacks are very fan oriented. Get there early, and get down the foul line, and there will be players signing autographs.

Derrick Hall always sits down close, and is very fan oriented. I bet he would love to hear from a visitor out of town about the value a Diamondbacks game is.

If you go on a Friday night, there are fireworks after the game too.

That's all I can really think of right now.

Last edited by awfulwaffle: 04-09-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old
04-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Quote:
We have the cheapest ticket in the game.
Well second-cheapest...its eye opening to hear about Arizona's per capita income. I have heard before but people need to understand that there isn't a lot of industries that pay well in Arizona. You have to price to your market so the idea of "NHL Prices" is a relative term. OT rant but tickets should be tied to a percent of the general public's income. So a tech city like San Jose could have higher prices while tourist based areas should be lower. End OT rant.

Quote:
The team now boasts the second-cheapest ticket prices in the league. The average MLB ticket price is above $26; a D-Backs ticket is on average just above $15.

"It's hard to believe, but out of the 30 MLB markets, Arizona has the lowest per-capita of all of those markets," said D-backs President and CEO Derek Hall. We're competing with that."
http://ktar.com/6/1526013/DBacks-hav...eapest-tickets

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 06:04 PM
awfulwaffle

Ah, 2nd lowest. Who is lowest? Still, what this organization has done is something special. All those deferred payments will be off our books, and Hall and company will be able to see exactly what they are bringing in, and make roster moves based on that without digging the team into the hole it has been in because of previous years spend money, ask questions later. Kevin Towers is a genius.

Old
04-09-2012, 06:06 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Depends on where you are going to be in the Phoenix Area for a bite to eat. Downtown Phoenix as plenty of places to get a bite to eat like Matt's Big breakfast, Hooters, Alice Cooper's "Cooperstown", Hard Rock Cafe.

If youre going to Glendale, Wetgate has plenty of places to eat, Id recommend both Gordon Biersh and YardHouse.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 07:49 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

Quote:
We have the cheapest ticket in the game. We have plenty of deals, try dbacks.com/value - I don't know if it won't be there for certain games, etc. There are certain seats that give you access to the bar down below. I forget what section they are called, but the bar downstairs is very nice. Pricey, but nice.

The game I had tickets behind the dugout was actually the "black out", where the power went out, and it took about 30 minutes to get the lights back on to continue the game. ASU was playing at the same time, so my buddy and I picked up our beers, and went down to the bar to watch the ASU game on TV. They still have the game on the tvs, along with other sports on other tvs, so you wouldn't be missing the baseball game. Also, the bar connects to the locker rooms. They block them off, but you might be able to get a glimpse of the players as they are heading to the lockers, and might even get a couple of them to sign an autograph. Diamondbacks are very fan oriented. Get there early, and get down the foul line, and there will be players signing autographs.

Derrick Hall always sits down close, and is very fan oriented. I bet he would love to hear from a visitor out of town about the value a Diamondbacks game is.

If you go on a Friday night, there are fireworks after the game too.

That's all I can really think of right now.
I would love to tell him about how I love Trevor Bauer haha

Old
04-09-2012, 08:01 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

Quote:
If you happen to be in North Phoenix, I must recomend my fav place to eat at. But be warned, You will wreck your toilet a few hours after. (So worth it)

http://chinobandido.com/

AZcoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
If you happen to be in North Phoenix, I must recomend my fav place to eat at. But be warned, You will wreck your toilet a few hours after. (So worth it)

http://chinobandido.com/
I've been there. Few years ago, had no idea how to order, it was like a tax form or something. Some friends ordered for me, cant exactly remember what I got, but I did have some jerk chicken and that stuff was good. Strange concept for a restauraunt, Chinese+Mexican food, plus other stuff. Sounds gross but there's somethin for everyone.

Naych_PHX is offline   Reply With Quote