Notices

Gaborik?

Closed Thread

Old
04-06-2004, 09:48 AM
PanthersRule96

vCash: 500
Gaborik?

Hey guys, just an innocent question here. Did Gaborik leave a sour taste in management's mouth when he held out? Is he still the untouchable that he used to be for you guys?

Old
04-06-2004, 12:03 PM
Gaborik10

Doug said it was never personal. He also said that he is "not displeased with Marian. We like him."

Old
04-06-2004, 12:50 PM
ceber

Yeah, I don't think there are any carryover issues. In a recent interview, Risebrough said this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.startribune.com/stories/1330/4706496.html
Q: With the two holdouts, Gaborik and Pascal Dupuis, you established an important precedent in how you would deal with that. But you also lost two of your best players for a month of the regular season. Your thoughts?

A: There are two good things that happened about that. One, that it happened, because it was going to happen. We had to deal with it as an organization, and that was coaches, players, management. And the other thing that happened, and I believe this, is it didn't have a dramatic effect on our year.

Did it have more of an effect than the expectation thing? No. Did it have more of an effect than the injuries? Probably not. I don't use it as an excuse at all.
I dunno about that "didn't have a dramatic effect on our year" bit, but it certainly doesn't sound like there are any lingering sore feelings.

Last edited by ceber: 04-06-2004 at 12:54 PM.
Old
04-06-2004, 01:15 PM
Gaborik10

Yeah, especially after Gaborik's finish, even if a little too late. I honestly think that this will make him a better player. Who has ever heard of that? A holdout making a player better. Here's what he had to say:

"When you're winning and feeling good, things are just rolling. You leave the arena and you're not even tired. When you start thinking it's so easy you can take things for granted, and things slip away. You have to work extra hard to get that luck back.

"Let me put it this way," he continued. "This season, nothing was handed to me. It was a rough season for the team and for myself. When you wrap everything up, the holdout, the breakup. It wasn't easy. But I think it's going to help me for the future."

Old
04-08-2004, 09:15 AM
Beer Leaguer

what does he mean by breakup? was he engaged or something?

Old
04-08-2004, 09:29 AM
chaachie12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya Esquire
what does he mean by breakup? was he engaged or something?

I am guessing that he means when everyone was traded...

Old
04-08-2004, 10:59 AM
Surly Furious

He was engaged to a Minnesota woman, and that relationship is now through. It was in the full article.

Old
04-08-2004, 04:29 PM
Gaborik10

Hopefully, there will be hockey next year so we can see what these guys can do. And see how Gaborik develops. A lockout year is wasted time...

Closed Thread